When racism against Psys goes too far.

Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I witnessed a robbery of sorts the other day.

It was about 10 at night and I squadded with a wizzie and a psy so I could finish this taurox quest for my veno alt. Wizzie says he needs pots. Psy says he'll give him some - which is all well and good, right? The wizzie (who is level 59 and just helping us) apparently doesn't know how many he'll need, so he tells the psy to give him all the pots and he'll give them back once we're done with the quest.

So the psy does it, although I can't imagine why because don't psys burn through Mana faster than wizards, anyway? Just a thought.

Anyway, we're almost done and the psy asks if he could have those pots back. Wizard says no, won't even give him half. Psy asks why, and the wizard says the stupidest sentence I have ever heard, from parents and people alike.

"Because i said so."

If only I opted for the pk server just to have the pleasure of switching to my 80+ psy and oneshotting this grade A moron.

And then he just jumps away and goes to kill more monsters, not replying to any of our whispers to GIVE THE FRIGGING POTS BACK. I play a psy. I know how it feel to blow big bucks on pots. I have to say it was rather odd of the psy to just hand over all the pots, but he was being nice, and this is what he got in return.

A grade A moron.
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From what you've written it sounds more like this wizard being bit of a tool rather than racism...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I fail to see how this is 'racism' against psychics (or rather TB since they're the 'race'). It seems to me like some wiz was greedy and wanted free pots.

Is it still a **** move? Yes, but from what you said he didn't say anything regarding class/race.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Still, it's the Psys fault.

In any MMO"RP"G, anything that doesn't go through the trade window is your own problem.

There's a simple basic rule: NEVER give ANYTHING to ANYONE and expect to get it back.

You can adjust this a bit when talking about friends --- actual friends, not people you only met in the game. It doesn't matter whether they want to borrow pots or money, or see how your cash fashion looks on their char, or try out the mount to see if they want to buy one.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shouldn't have given the wiz all his pots then. Every time I'm in a bh and cleric (or whoever) asks for pots I pretend like I speak another language. NO ONE gets my mana pots, especially my homemade ones. I don't feel it's necessary to explain just how much mana psys burn over all other caster classes. I need my pots, without my pots I die, if the cleric/wiz/veno/other psy wasn't smart enough to bring their own pots, oh well, either they leave to buy some or we disband the squad and find another DD/cleric that keep pots.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And the morale behind the story is: "Don't trust ZAPATON"... Erm... No wait...

Hm. How about "Don't be nice" ... or... "If you got n pots, and someone you don't know asks for some, don't give that person all the n pots" ? No that still sounds a little harsh.

Bah, forget manners. Lets leave it at "Don't trust strangers with your items"

Edit: Oh yeah... no racism O_0
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    *Face palm* I don't even...

GG, which is worse, you giving him all your pots or you taking that as racism?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No good deed goes unpunished.

wicked... b:shutup
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From what you've written it sounds more like this wizard being bit of a tool rather than racism...

THIS

Some classes do suffer through some discrimination of sorts (i know this as an hercless veno) and all DDs are especially exposed to endure some mistreatment, but comparing this to racism or the effects of irl prejudice is a gross misproportion. Now, if someone discriminated you because of your own ethnicity or that which you may have chosen for your char i would completely agree. Wizzie was a jerk and a thief but not a racist.
  • Yolena - Lost City
    Yolena - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From what I understand..

Racism = I don't like psychics 'cause ALL psychics are silly, fat 'n' ugly.

You don't mention this dude personally insulting you or psychics, or tideborns in general.

However, the wizard is a bit of a 'tard for stealing the pots, but there's little you can do. Personally, anyone who has no pots at the beginning of a quest/instance is clearly unprepared and should simply gtfo. Can't count the number of clerics I had asking for pots before we'd even finished buffing. God, man. You had the whole time we were travelling here to buy freakin' pots.

(No offence to the smart clerics who actually come prepared, grats to you.)

/endrant.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This isn't racism. This wizzie was just a jerk.
    Anyways, when someone else but oneof my friends asks for pots, too bad.
    I learned to say "sorry, I don't have any"
    ***** free tideborn charm for mana, using soul transfusion*
    other times it's just, sorry, I need them myself.

Everyone has to buy their own pots/food. Noone should be a charity-mana fund.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why do you think it's just because he was a psy ? And if he was a wizard the same thing was going to happen because the dude who robbed him don't want to give $$ for pots. It's simple.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think the OP has encountered so much racism at this point that any kind of rudness is mistaken as such.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Neferhotep - Sanctuary
    Neferhotep - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is okay givin him/her your pots, he seems to need it to help you both and didnt wanna get back to town. BUT there is something important in such a case: SELL him the pots. He doesnt have to go back 2 town, you get your money from the pots, just sell it for the prize you bought them. Thats a safe way to be not fooled by such ppl.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is okay givin him/her your pots, he seems to need it to help you both and didnt wanna get back to town. BUT there is something important in such a case: SELL him the pots. He doesnt have to go back 2 town, you get your money from the pots, just sell it for the prize you bought them. Thats a safe way to be not fooled by such ppl.

+1b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    was hopeing to see a good tartar sauceing and scaleing in this thread...with a "fish fry" at the end

*ahem* they took our joooooobs
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Was the wiz an ****? Yes

Was he racist? No.

Lol at racism towards a imaginary race in a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because that was totally racism against the psychic.

You know it's all well and good complaining about *******s and scammers, but pretending that they're being racist when they very clearly aren't? That's plain dumb on your part, sorry. Just because a guy is an **** to a psychic, that doesn't mean he's racist towards psychics. Stop being so sensitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think that wizz was also sexually harrasing that handicapped pregnant psy ****..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think that wizz was also sexually harrasing that handicapped **** psy..

b:laugh .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think that wizz was also sexually harrasing that handicapped pregnant psy ****..

Oh teh horror~!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    HAMMMSTAAAA!!!

On topic: sorry to hear about your loss but this is the failest scam I've heard off.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Because that was totally racism against the psychic.

You know it's all well and good complaining about *******s and scammers, but pretending that they're being racist when they very clearly aren't? That's plain dumb on your part, sorry. Just because a guy is an **** to a psychic, that doesn't mean he's racist towards psychics. Stop being so sensitive.

I am not sensitive, thanks. I'm sure you would think the same if you had met a cleric one who hung out around HH and wouldn't squad with tides - in fact, he'd leave the squad if a tideborn joined an existing squad. Or the countless amounts of times I've been in squads where they don't bother to get a good tank and settle for a BM to tank a boss and then whine when I take aggro (I do space out my attacks).

But okay, he's not racist against psys. My misinterpretation.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010

This was a fun thread.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1st - If you give pots to anyone, do it onyl if you have too much of them and don't care giving them away, if not so, just say you have too few pots and give nothing to anyone.

2nd - If anyone threat you like ****, ---> blacklist, and if they still annoying you after that, take pics, report to GM and see what they do after being banned, that's all, U don't need to stand with stupid ppl.

That's what I would do. G L and enjoy the game ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Still, it's the Psys fault.

In any MMO"RP"G, anything that doesn't go through the trade window is your own problem.

There's a simple basic rule: NEVER give ANYTHING to ANYONE and expect to get it back.

You can adjust this a bit when talking about friends --- actual friends, not people you only met in the game. It doesn't matter whether they want to borrow pots or money, or see how your cash fashion looks on their char, or try out the mount to see if they want to buy one.

+1

secondline
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I happen to be bored and this is the second straight thread I've clicked on that made me come to the same conclusion..

LOLUPVE?
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010

If only I opted for the pk server just to have the pleasure of switching to my 80+ psy and oneshotting this grade A moron.

^ This. If you want to play a PvE server, prepare to play smarter. In PvP server you can slip up and still get your revenge :P
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    .. Anyone saying 'because i say so' Should be ***** and then boiled alive in volcanic lava and then steped on and pooped on .. IN THE SPOT .. Because a 'person' saying that sentence is just not worth the resources is using.. HELL even a Rock on the road serves a better purpose and has bigger! value.
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree, the wiz was being unreasonable.

I tend to give out pots if I have some spares.
    However, that will only happen if I squad with my friends.
    Rarely give pots when I do random squad but I usually get some from them even if I don't ask for pots b:cute

Still, as a magic caster, it's ridiculous not to have some pots ready at your inventory b:surrender

And please, just because you met the terrible wiz, don't assume all of wizzies are like that.
    I hope you and your friend will get better squad next time.