Goal: Make 15m ASAP

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Okay, I know there are always tons of discussions about how to make money in game, but I will admit I'm terri-bad at it. I have no idea where to start, and only have 2m (hopefully 7m after I sell some things) to start off with. Any suggestions?

(AoE grinding is a possible, and so is merchanting i guess)

Thanks every1! b:victory

PS Yeah I know I'm helpless, but I just need a start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah...pretty much just cash shop if you want coin fast. Other than that, merchanting for the next few weeks might get you to your goal.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ASAP way :
    1. charge zen then trade gold for coins
    2. trade tons gold that you have saved for coins when needed

There no ASAP way expect you were buying tons of gold when they were cheap.
    Saving them, lots of them if you can.
    When the gold price increase sell it if you need money, or if you just want to always have gold available.
    Gold is easier to change for coins rather than trade coins for gold, which why saving tons gold is important.
    Which mean ASAP 15m coins.

There is no ASAP money other than those and illegal coin / gold seller but that not a good thing and the game company, developer, GM, mod, fellow player not support that decision.
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For the most part, don't think you can make 15 mill asap, unless you have loads of money before.

As said before, merching can help, but will take time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For the most part, don't think you can make 15 mill asap, unless you have loads of money before.

As said before, merching can help, but will take time...

Especially if the items you're selling are on a downward curve.

Past two weeks, ult subs were selling like hotcakes. I couldn't get them fast enough, they were selling so quick. This week I can't sell a single one.

Either way they die
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    okay maybe scratch the ASAP lol but i mean what would be the fastest way? attempting to merchant?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The "fastest" would be to charge zen, then sell the gold in AH. The second "fastest" way would be to look for bargains, or farm the **** out of something then sell at as high of a price as you can.

Either way they die
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Merching can do wonders, but you need to have loads of money to merch well.

Most hardcore merchants have a shop alt on another computer or laptop and buy and sell stuff while they can still enjoy the game.

Personally, I hate merching with a passion, but it has done wonders for me. Just go out there, look into what you want to buy and sell, and soon you will be on your way.

Just be smart and use common sense. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Merching can do wonders, but you need to have loads of money to merch well.

Most hardcore merchants have a shop alt on another computer or laptop and buy and sell stuff while they can still enjoy the game.

Personally, I hate merching with a passion, but it has done wonders for me. Just go out there, look into what you want to buy and sell, and soon you will be on your way.

Just be smart and use common sense. :P

lol people always make it sound soo easy :P I attempted to do gold trading, but making only 1k-5k profit per gold isn't very good, and with all the updates, gold prices have been fluctuating more than usual so its become pretty risky. I guess I need one piece of advise to get started merchanting... is it better to merchant say tokens or mats that are stackable, or mounts and fashion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dont give away ways to make money in game cuz devs may nerf it in next update b:chuckle
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol people always make it sound soo easy :P I attempted to do gold trading, but making only 1k-5k profit per gold isn't very good, and with all the updates, gold prices have been fluctuating more than usual so its become pretty risky. I guess I need one piece of advise to get started merchanting... is it better to merchant say tokens or mats that are stackable, or mounts and fashion?

Female fashion goes in-****ing-sanely quick. As do tokens.

Again though, using only coin to purchase those items, you'll only turn a few grand profit after every sale. Farming mats for ult subs, then using those subs for farming TT is the only way you're going to be able to merchant anything for "free". That method requires an enormous amount of time and effort put into it though.

Either way they die
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Female fashion goes in-****ing-sanely quick. As do tokens.

Again though, using only coin to purchase those items, you'll only turn a few grand profit after every sale. Farming mats for ult subs, then using those subs for farming TT is the only way you're going to be able to merchant anything for "free". That method requires an enormous amount of time and effort put into it though.

Just start a buy/sell business, it can be from tokens, to herbs, to mats, to subs.

Merching takes patience....which is why I hate it sooooo much. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just start a buy/sell business, it can be from tokens, to herbs, to mats, to subs.

Merching takes patience....which is why I hate it sooooo much. b:cry

If I had a second computer to run an alt-shop 24/7, it wouldn't be so bad. If I focused cat shopping on this account though, I'd never get to play. :/

Either way they die
  • greekgodkiller
    greekgodkiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay, I know there are always tons of discussions about how to make money in game, but I will admit I'm terri-bad at it. I have no idea where to start, and only have 2m (hopefully 7m after I sell some things) to start off with. Any suggestions?

(AoE grinding is a possible, and so is merchanting i guess)

Thanks every1! b:victory

PS Yeah I know I'm helpless, but I just need a start.

TT to hell and back, use mysterious chips to get high end gold mats.

Sell any and all TT mats in AH or catshop, and if you get Gold Mats AH only.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    okay thanks every1 :) I think what I will do is start off merchanting some tokens... have like 250 right now, and ill get my old lappy running pw haha, then ill try some TTs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If I had a second computer to run an alt-shop 24/7, it wouldn't be so bad. If I focused cat shopping on this account though, I'd never get to play. :/

Extreme merchants run 2-5 computers..... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Which why i am always wonder those super merchant electric bill . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

Jeebus...

They should just cash shop if they have enough money to own that many comps >.<

Either way they die
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Me harvested the blood of hundreds of humans in exchange for 20 million coin(s).
    o.o'
    good luck with nerfing that.
    :o
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lvl 96 spiders near avalanche village can be nice for grinding money. as for merchanting, probably do stuff like for expensive armors that is in high demand, such as cape of tauran, and could do fashion too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Nah, just one is enough. Get a cowshop so you can sell a bunch of stackables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't you make a thread about making 40 mil or something? Why not just go back to that thread?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Didn't you make a thread about making 40 mil or something? Why not just go back to that thread?

nope. I did comment on one about that, but thats been a while ago, dont wanna necro, and also this one is about me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lvl 96 spiders near avalanche village can be nice for grinding money. as for merchanting, probably do stuff like for expensive armors that is in high demand, such as cape of tauran, and could do fashion too.

when grinding on mobs whats like the level range you should be to get good drops? i know if u are too low or too high you will get less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • greekgodkiller
    greekgodkiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

If me could get second monitor me could use three computers to Merchant, grind, and **** around with all at once.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    when grinding on mobs whats like the level range you should be to get good drops? i know if u are too low or too high you will get less

I've heard that white-name mobs have the best drop rates. That's usually +/- 2-3 levels.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is easy. Until other people figure out what you're doing and start copying it. That's why asking for advice on what to merch usually doesn't help. To "make money easy" by merchanting, you have to figure out by yourself something that works. The fewer people that are in your market, the easier it is.

A good way to figure out stuff to sell is if you yourself are looking to buy something and are having a hard time finding it. I ran across an item like that last year. I checked pretty much all the cat shops and AH, but simply couldn't find it except for ridiculous asking prices. I did some thinking and it turned out to be pretty easy to buy for cheap at the right place. I just added it to my regular shop and it brought in an easy extra 1/4 to 1/2 million a day in profit for half a year until my shop computer started crashing.
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is easy. Until other people figure out what you're doing and start copying it. That's why asking for advice on what to merch usually doesn't help. To "make money easy" by merchanting, you have to figure out by yourself something that works. The fewer people that are in your market, the easier it is.

A good way to figure out stuff to sell is if you yourself are looking to buy something and are having a hard time finding it. I ran across an item like that last year. I checked pretty much all the cat shops and AH, but simply couldn't find it except for ridiculous asking prices. I did some thinking and it turned out to be pretty easy to buy for cheap at the right place. I just added it to my regular shop and it brought in an easy extra 1/4 to 1/2 million a day in profit for half a year until my shop computer started crashing.
    ^ Pretty much this.

But I'm yet to find expensive stuff to sell that can give major income.
    Seems like I need to observe more x_x'
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Merchanting used to be much easier in the past, when not as many people did it. There's just so much competition these days, and obviously this lowers profits...

Another problem with merchanting, you need money to make money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Want to make 15 mill ASAP?

Sell Celestial Insignias for 700K. <___<

Seriously, some guy in HT was buying loads of them for 700K, I got about 20 Insignias from event.

Easy 14 mill..... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-