Which class do you LIKE the most?

Options
Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
So, which class do you like the most?
This could be anything: You like PVPing against the class, you like playing the class, you like the typical attitude of players playing said class; whatever. Just vote on the poll and then post the reason you chose the class you did.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *waits for the poll*

Ok...tbh I would think that a person's main would be their favorite (although maybe not always).

I always tease that I should have rolled an archer or a veno from the start, however, it is all in how you like to play and your style.

IF I had to pick one: Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Totally and completely depends on my mood at the time.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like Wizards at most, love they Skills and i love to Kill as Wizard with the "Red Flame Circle" (forgot the name) which does constant aoe!

Wizards are rare as hell, that i like as well b:laugh

and only for the most clever people to play (couse its really hard to survive as wizard!)

And in Squads people dont have high expectations, so usually you dont hear every 3 minutes what you have to do b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To play as a barb I love the most =) I love my HP and defense being the highest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why is it that sins don't have any votes yet? b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Veno first, Psychic second. I love the micromanaging of a pet, and its so much fun luring. Im not a solo veno, so I dont really care about how well the class can solo, but I love my roles in squads, being lurer, purifier, and amper.

As for my psy... I just love making dumb people kill themselves on me b:chuckle
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Ok...tbh I would think that a person's main would be their favorite (although maybe not always).

Agree. But hey, that doesn't mean that those classes aren't FUN or SKILLED. Maybe that's why everyone has them as their main: because they're so damn fun.

Plus personally, I can name two classes I simply love more than the others: Psy and BM. To me, both of them are played more strategically than other classes. A Barb or Wiz just charges in and deals damage in PVP. Barb ALWAYS attempts to stun and Wiz ALWAYS silences. An archer has very few defensive tools to work with and I've never liked running away as my form of defense. Sins are nice but they're INCREDIBLY squishy when they're not invisible and when they're without their long cooldown buffs, and I've never liked depending on long cooldown buffs or stealth; you can go from absolute pwn when you have them to absolute ****. I need more consistency in my performance, personally...

Psy and BM both have a lot of tools to work with, both offensively and defensively. If a physical attacker hits me: Psy will. If a magic caster wants to fight: Disturb soul. Cleric wants to spam heal: Soulburn. The Soulforce shields are incredibly handy and can be used strategically, as can the 6-second stun spell. Not to mention Black and White voodoo...
    Same with BM. Physical attacker = Marrow physical. Magic attacker = Marrow magical. Stunning opponent = that running skill. Opponent that likes to run = Use a spear and the running skill. To top it all off they have plenty of stun skills too.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Assassin. Fun to solo kill things quick with melee. Hate being in squad with other sins though. b:avoid
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Voted wizard.

While I really enjoy playing cleric solo, the party aspect can often make me regret choosing the class. It's always a blast when I'm on my wizard. I'm much more relaxed. And no, I don't play wizard with the mentality of "all out damage fulltime BECAUSE I CAN"... not in squad at least. Plus, it's interesting to see how the squad dynamic works from a different angle b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BM, I love playing on my BM alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Assassin For Sear PVP Capabilities

We Can Easily 1 Shot the Majority of the Classes (Mid and Cash Shopping Endgame)
    We are easily the highest DPH from the Melee point of View

but we can

DPS the H*ll outta something since we are the Highests DPS hitters in the Game

and if you are a skilled assassin, you virtually never Die in PVP (unless there are higher Level Assassins but even then its not hard)

And endgame we rock at soloing, to the point of having Solo capabilities higher then venos
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cleric. Maybe I just have good luck never meeting a bad cleric, but they've always been nice and eager to help out.
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I voted for wizards they are very fun in tw and can even do alot of things people don't know about i aoe gridded from 78-90 with a blademaster (i replaced the cleric) and i have even healed for hh a few times lol after i make 10 i think im gong to make a phys tho they seem fun and they dont have a 151653 channel/cast time and the class used to only have good people playing it past 70 till they made pwi so easy to lvl
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Barbs. They're fluffy.
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have an alt of just about every class.

I love love love my Wizard, but it gets boring occasionally. I love not dying as a barb. I love the thrill of the hunt on my Sin. I love soulburn and the voodoos on my psy. I love AoEing on my BM. And I love my cleric all around.

For my favorite though, I'd have to say I get the most enjoyment out of a long, successful stalk on my sin vs. a higher level opponent.

Yesterday an 8x cleric killed a friend of mine. I have terrible wings so catching them outright wasn't an option. I followed them on the ground all around hidden orchid, silver pool, and heaven's tear until they finally stopped moving to gank another lowbie. When they did, I made my move, got the kill, and re-stealthed.

That was probably the most fun I've ever had in PWI aside from the Jungle Ruins last night.

Long post aside, I love all my chars, which is why I have so damned many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WillowVIII - Dreamweaver
    WillowVIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've played every single class, and I gotta say, Psychics are the most fun.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i like venos when it comes to playing a class

but over all, no matter whos playing or whatever, i like barbs, theyre one of the most needed characters in game and i like any barb who can play it w/o saying something like "oh i wish i rolled another character" lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VILKASS: WTH b:angry Only 2 votes for archers???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    metal mages! :D
    or even physical mage... pewpewplumeshot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atone - Lost City
    Atone - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A lot of people haven't played all classes to high levels and therefore have biased opinions.
    It's probably better if you stated how many classes you've tried and to what levels you played them.

I have played PVE on every class, very high level barb, bm, veno, archer and cleric and mid level on the rest. I've played PVP on barb, bm, veno, and cleric only. I find that I'm partial to casting classes.

Barb - Solid class. I like the various "save-your-****" methods barbs have, how they're a meat shield and their agility. Other than that, they're "meh."

BM - Enjoyed being an axe bm, love being a fist one. Fist is definitely not a cheap route due to the various -int gears. Axe bm depends a LOT on chi and that's one issue I have with axe bms. I love fist bms for the same reasons others love them. Overall BMs are versatile, and that's why I like them in pvp.

Veno - I probably enjoy this class the most. There's many ways to regen your hp and mp with skills, and many ways to build chi (cruicial in pvp). They're another versatile class when it comes to builds and all builds are extremely fun to play with. I love the speed of demon venos, and the fact that pets aid you in various ways.

Cleric - PVE-wise, it was a pain in the **** to play clerics when mp pots weren't so abundant. You could burn through MP charms like crazy between zhenning, dungeons and pk, and it was very frustrating. On the other hand, you're wanted in every squad so leveling was never a problem. Downside is the sacrifices in dolls/exp/charms when you died, their lack of speed and the general frustration at the inconsideration of fellow squad members. PVP-wise, they are fun, but definitely not my first choice to PvP with for damage reasons. Perhaps I need to refine more.

Archer - PVE-wise, very easy to afk on. Point and shoot, or just use a macro. I love the crits, but they're also pretty squishy when hit. Mid-level pvp is really fun on archers.

Wizard - This class is loads of fun at mid levels, but incredibly squishy. It's a large trade-off to be able to use hard hitting skills but also die in 1-2 hits. Also - the slow channeling bugs me as does their lack of speed.

Assassin - Melee class = meh. I do like the sleep/paralyze/invisibility skills though. Haven't played this class long enough to fully enjoy it.

Psychics - Love the high damage and the fast casting. The voodoos are amazing as is bubble of life. However their speed makes me want to /headdesk. Haven't played this class long enough to fully enjoy it, but definitely like psys better than sins.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BMs

their class is very useful in many diff. situations =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I really like playing a cleric or a barb. The cleric has a small number of decent attack skills but it's enough to make playing solo possible. The ability to heal, purfiy, and buff yourself is great. Most parties welcome you with open arms, and you start off with wings. I played a wizzie for a while and the sheer number of possible attacks made finding the right combo for certain mobs a challenge. I missed healing and purifying myself. I like playing barbs because they can soak a lot of damage. I don't like playing any melee class unless it's a tank. I hate worrying about dying and downing pots like water.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love my BM, so often I am amazed at what I can actually do in game.

I love my veno, RPK is just so much fun... and I don't even have a nix yet.

I am leveling up a mage right now, and I'm sorta enjoying it. IT's not as horrible in mid levels as I thought it would be.

So, can't really say for sure.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Was a toss up between veno and wiz but I chose wiz. For me they are hands down the most fun class to play and pretty easy to learn.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Clerics. Definitely, clerics. I loved the cleric since I was level 1, and even after a whole year, I'm not bored of my cleric. I've tried every other class, except barb, and they all can't compare to my cleric. I get bored of physical hitters. I do enjoy my psy and wizzie, but they're so low leveled. I don't have the patience to level alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyxxee - Sanctuary
    Vyxxee - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I voted for venomancer lol

Why because the whole reason I'm grinding my **** off for a herc is to help new players.

So yeah, veno ftw
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cleric FTW!

And at second place it's Veno.

[for me at least]
    [insert sig here]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I picked Cleric. We'd be nothing without them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll honestly say, I've played every class, and I enjoy Veno and Assassins the most.
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Psychic <3 , coz it s so fun to kill stealthed assassin with aqua canon and let them finish themselves on retaliation after deaden nerves poped b:laugh