Which class do you LIKE the most?

Options
2»

Comments

• Neferhotep - Sanctuary
    Neferhotep - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I absolutely love the archer-class! In PvE, its just the most fun when you get your aim low :D Take aim at the mob, freeze it, attack till it reaches you, knockback and stun it! :D
    And in dungeon, archers can take the aggro back faster when clerics/psychics/venos/wiz are gonna be attacked by a phys mob, when the tank isnt there right now. in this case theyre are a bit faster than sins unless the sin uses a ranged weapon :P
  • Stressss - Sanctuary
    Stressss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Barb great hp and best tanker ever, and almost every squad needs a tanker.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd have to say I like archers the most, and not because I am one. I've seen many archers who are witty but not snobby, smart but not flaunty (I don't think that's a word but mmkay), and have balls but do not tread on others' toes. They are often intelligent merchants and skilled players, but are quiet about their accomplishments except to point out the blunt truth where appropriate.

That said, I know many are also arrogant troublemakers....we seem to attract that strain of people too. But those people often are able to back up their own trash talking.

Of course there are exceptions and I am not denying there are a number of fail archers too.

After archers, I'd say I like barbs, for the same reason I said archers; many of my favorite forum posters here are barbarians, for their witty humor and careful thought.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Barbs ftw, hands down.

b:cool

Plus, we run fast. Love hearing clerics QQ about how slow they are. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As incredibly biased as this sounds, I love psychics. Not only can we DD, but we can double as tanks and also as clerics, depending on if the psychic you have actually has a MAG attribute worth a ****, and has actually leveled the skill.

I agree with Longknife (because I've seen him in action, and he makes me wanna cry) with Psychics and Blademasters being a thoughtful class. The same could be said of archers. It takes people with brains to make those classes successfully PvP/PvE-able....and a little bit of luck. These classes (as well as the Wizard in my opinion) are the "KNOW YOUR CLASS OR YOU'RE GONNA SUCK" classes.

Wizards and archers have always been so hard to find for some reason. I always did like Wizards, because for the most part they are also great tanks on certain bosses, and their endgame damage always filled me with wonder. Archers are people I've always admired, because quite honestly, most Winged Elves are clerics. I never had the patience myself to roll an archer, but watching some endgame archers, you have to admit, they kick ****.

Assassins....we don't like you. Sorry.
    Barbarians....I'd much rather you tank the boss than me. .-.
    Clerics.....will you QUIT spamming IH while charmed, while I try to kill you?! And why the heck doesn't my Soul of Retaliation reflect that damn sleep?
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm hard to choose for me

I played pretty much any class
    and I like both barb and assassin

I play my barb most since they are in high demand(pre lvl 90)
    And its easy to get into squads as barb
    And i like it how i can help people by tanking bosses early on
    But I like sin to yet it will stay my alt because its a good DD until endgame and that is it
  • Zeenort - Harshlands
    Zeenort - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Psychic b:laugh
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1) Psychic

2) Wizard

Psychic is my favorite of all the classes to play because its a good PvP class and a good PvE class. Fast Channeling Hard Hitting and self healing whats not to love. i also like that it takes some type of brain to play a psychic good not just button mashing skills faster then your opponent
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1) Psychic

2) Wizard

Psychic is my favorite of all the classes to play because its a good PvP class and a good PvE class. Fast Channeling Hard Hitting and self healing whats not to love. i also like that it takes some type of brain to play a psychic good not just button mashing skills faster then your opponent

Being a Psy does have it's rewards and disadvantages.

For me, there isn't a single class I can't kill. I die in two shots, I kill in two shots. It all comes down to who plays their cards better or the situation (setting, who jumped who, etc). Sometimes I've wiped entire squads all on my own, 6v1, simply because they stood together, I stunned, and then AOE'd the **** out of them.

This has serious drawbacks though. You're ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS the first target they go for. Why? You're dangerous and you're an easy-as-hell kill.
    Just today I got in a 6v3 PVP fight and the three of us came up with our plan, ran out and attacked. As I hit some of the dudes, a barb charged me. Not having the chi for Psy Will, I chose to slow him and fly off. When I looked back I realized ALL FOUR remaining dudes were chasing me. Not a single one of them was after my two partners. Was annoying as hell, to say the least.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've noticed that too. Most of the times when I'm out PKing in faction, I'm the first target, because I'm squishy and very dangerous if left unattended. (AKA: ....Soulburn and AoE's if I have the mana, Stunning and slowing down of channelling.)

I do love how we have all these choices of AoE's and barriers...but the lack of real elemental attack skills is a pain in the butt, especially when fighting other robed classes who have high resist to Earth and water. It wouldn't kill us to get at least one physical attack. (Well...it wouldn't kill US....)
    I also enjoy the look one people's face when they're busy whaling on your barb...and they're soulburned.

thunder_fist is a member of Equinox, and taught me everything I know about being a Psychic. (Except when I pester Longknife and drool over his endgame gear....b:thanks) I've learned we're one heck of a dangerous class if you have the brains to play it right. No button mashing for me.
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Being a Psy does have it's rewards and disadvantages.

For me, there isn't a single class I can't kill. I die in two shots, I kill in two shots. It all comes down to who plays their cards better or the situation (setting, who jumped who, etc). Sometimes I've wiped entire squads all on my own, 6v1, simply because they stood together, I stunned, and then AOE'd the **** out of them.

This has serious drawbacks though. You're ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS the first target they go for. Why? You're dangerous and you're an easy-as-hell kill.
    Just today I got in a 6v3 PVP fight and the three of us came up with our plan, ran out and attacked. As I hit some of the dudes, a barb charged me. Not having the chi for Psy Will, I chose to slow him and fly off. When I looked back I realized ALL FOUR remaining dudes were chasing me. Not a single one of them was after my two partners. Was annoying as hell, to say the least.

yeah i know what you mean man same thing has happened to me a few times. tho i found if i have atleast 1 spark iv been able to beat any class up to like 10 or so lvls above me. the other day i wiped out a 8x bm who decided to jump me cause i psychic willed as he used dragons and soulburned him
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BM. It's just such a badass class. We are like a Swiss army knife. To me Sin's very very specialized on 1v1 and is very limited in a lot of situations in PvE as well as PvP.

I'm glad to see Cleric leading the poll consider the MP cost and having to chase and heal after us crazy BMs.
  • _kaela_ - Raging Tide
    _kaela_ - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I tend to fall in love with classes I have the most trouble mastering. I honestly don't like psychics, I grinded/bh'd with this one simply because it was like a wizzie on steroids. A list of my favorite classes from greatest to least would be (in order):

1: Wizard (fun class but too weak before end-game, becomes frustrating fast, many ppl like myself reroll as psy bcs of this)

2. Assassin (the class, not the ppl who play them, and I wish they weren't so squishy :S)

3. Venomancers (fun, made grinding bearable, back when DQ drops were worth something)

4. Blademasters (fun, but wish they had as much vit as barbs)

5. Cleric (LOVE the ability to heal myself and others, but I HATE being told what to do, I get in alot of arguments using my cleric :S)

6. Archer (fun but annoying at 20 thru 40)

7. Barb (takes FOREVER to kill a mob(s), super squishy against magic, and the most boring to grind with IMO)

8. Psychic (*yawn* one-shot everything, unimpressive magic attacks, limited to only earth and water based attacks, ppl in squads compliment me for not stealing aggro, since every psy they come across does for some odd reason, bad rep -like sin-, not a desired DD in most parties, the list goes on)
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've played quite a few classes but I've had the most fun playing my Blademaster.

I love how versatile a blademaster's role can be, I also like how many different ways you can build and gear them. My cleric is by far, more helpful in instances, and I do enjoy playing her, a lot. My psychic is a powerhouse, O.o which is cool, but nothing burns off steam like beating things to a bloody pulp with fists...

b:victory

BM ^^, cleric would be my second choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Barb, obviously.

We're OP in some aspects, but mostly UP in others. The single greatest advantage we have over any other class, Survivability.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • SoIar - Dreamweaver
    SoIar - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eh...I loved archer for a bit. But i fell in love with barb when i tried it XD i love the hp and how fast theY run.But i dunno i think its tied between archer and barb.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the bm class is the only reason i havent moved to another game and have no plans of doing so

shiny damage great defences and my sexy black mr clean avatar

hell ya
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the bm class is the only reason i havent moved to another game and have no plans of doing so

shiny damage great defences and my sexy black mr clean avatar

hell ya

reroll to cleric josh xP ,and i like my cleric ;D the squishy time was annoying sometimes but it gets better by time b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    reroll to cleric josh xP ,and i like my cleric ;D the squishy time was annoying sometimes but it gets better by time b:chuckle

b:surrender my clerics wasteing away at lvl 45 till after the next 2x drop event

poor lil featherbuttb:sad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People complain about sins allot, but I largely disagree with what is said. People complain about the PvP element, but I think this is largely because of moderately un-skilled people being killed by them & thus ******** about stealth. It's easier to complain than get better and figure out a way to beat them.

They make great DD's if they dont steal aggro.
    Great tanks in appropriate situations.
    I have prevented many a squad wipe on my sin
    Example:
    Today I was in an FB/BH51, the tank was a bit of a noob, he had terrible gear and was not helpful to the tabber, but he held aggro pretty well. At myriadtail, the cleric set up BB early (questionable but generally ok), and the barb went and took aggro. He was out of BB range, but did not notice and thus did not move, even when he was nearly dead, he didnt notice & died - I took aggro and tanked for a while.
    The tabber was a cleric and it was her first time round, she got close to res the barb despite my pleas for her to avoid the aoe and stay far back - she didnt listen & died.
    So heres the situation:
    Tank Dead, Tabber Dead, 1 Cleric is alive & bbing, 1 Psychic is alive, I am alive & am tanking - obviously at least the tabber needs a res. So I ran away with myriadtail, my speed skills kept me far enough away for the most part, and it gave the cleric time to stop BB, and res everyone, rebuff and when they were ready, I just stealthed, myriadtail walked back and everything went fine.

And I've done similar things with other bosses, e.g. a boss is coming and everyones in the way, I run in front take him away, let everyone get safe and stealth.

Very handy.

And what's more its a very fun class to play, I'm not quite at the level to PK on my PvE server, but I can guess that PK is a very fun element. Being able to tank sometimes is fun, as is being able to dd. I love using relentless courage and having those 8 seconds of super-speed. And working towards having enough -int for it to be permanent. I love duels, especially against other sins who i find incredibly predictable. Theres nothing better than dueling a sin 10 levels higher than you with up-to-date gear, and winning because they did such typically assassin type things. And watching them QQ and ask for re-duels because they think it was a fluke... and then winning again.
    Teleporting is fun, and so useful, sometimes if a tank (& cleric) fail, and the cleric gets aggro, i'll just tele stun the mob, or tele & aoe.

And being able to explore! I bet no others except the pioneers of the game & sins( or me at least! ) have explored all the crevices of the 51 cave, with all the mobs still there. Theres a glowy green grave stone in one room. I found it fun to just run past everything and look around.

Another cool thing for sins was something that was immediately apparent when they released the TB expansion: sins can run past things and stealth, getting other squad members past mobs.
    I was helping somebody get drops in an instance, and there were tonnes of mobs in front of us that they didnt need, an id have to take each mob one by one. Instead I just ran past them, made sure they were all following me, when the person was clear, I just stealthed and watched all the mobs run back. It really sped things along.

Over-All: Assassins are useful in instances for their ability to hold a mob and let it go, as well as their slow down attack, and are really fun to play as well!
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And being able to explore! I bet no others except the pioneers of the game & sins( or me at least! ) have explored all the crevices of the 51 cave, with all the mobs still there. Theres a glowy green grave stone in one room. I found it fun to just run past everything and look around.

My faction did that once. Of course there were no sins at the time so yeah we had to kill the mobs. We were trying to uncover all the open-able doors in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i had try archer/bm/sin/wiz in pk (Dont like barbs n never played veno/psy)

Sin is kinda fun of stealth and stun locking is usually fun

Archer is fun to pew pew people from far n snipe people, Wings of grace or drop n do it again

Wiz havent try in a real TW, but wiz in tw with a good gear is probably more fun than archer.

^I would play any of those

Bm.. I hate chasing people in pk.. Its highly annoying =/= hate it pk with bm

@Ep wining this poll... <_< Pve as Ep is boring.. i hate playing one n pvp as ep is kinda hard to me at least.. But sum of the good eps i know.. like Kelbin, Pharaoh or Kuyaa.. make Ep look easy to play D:

I had eps in the past.. healing me in pk instead of healing themselves xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Assassins, of course : P. When I started playing the game, I didn't know that Tideborns are a new race, nor that assassins had one of the highest damage in the game, I like ninjas, and as they were the most seemed to a ninja, I made myself an assassin. Now I'm really pleased to see how good assassins are made in this game, their high evasion and attack speed, and then their awesome skills, I couldn't be hapier ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My Cleric of coarse 2 would be Barb 3 Veno 4 Archer Bm or Wiz.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i love the assassin. the weapons look great! the combat motions are great and the skills are awesome! stealth, stuns, teleport FTW b:victory
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Voted for wiz >_<"
    Yea, it's obvious because I play only that class most of the time.

Get a psychic as well but 50 is my limit.
    May be will level her up some more if I feel like it.
  • Flynnt - Raging Tide
    Flynnt - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I had a hard time choosing between veno and cleric.

I love my veno as it's so easy to solo my quests. I can quest/grind endlessly without the need for pots or heals (Nature's Grace, Metabolic Boost and Soul Transfusion for the win). I love luring (when a barb with a zeal will let me), and cursing and debuffing bosses.

I love my cleric because I love helping out in squads, and healers are always needed and wanted.

But my veno won, from a purely ease-of-play solo stance and good all-rounder.

Order of preference: veno, cleric, barb, archer... I have one of every class, but I never could get into the tideborn or human classes (maybe I just never persevered).
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The class that I like the most would be cleric because I'm a people person, and I love to provide healthcare for all pwi peoples. I feel very useful being a cleric than my alt wizard TBH. b:cute
  • Neshilia - Dreamweaver
    Neshilia - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Venomancers FTW, I like to play them. b:laugh

Seems that one of the most hated classes also is one of the most beloved. So what to say about Venos? You cannot go with but also not without them b:victory

But Wizards and Clerics are also cool.