QQ about psys being OP

CIoudStrife_ - Lost City
CIoudStrife_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Psychic
Do you guys hear complaints about our class being op all the time? I do a lot usually people say something like
"oh ya psys are so OP they are one of those stupid tideborns."

I don't really think we are OP like sins we just get lumped in with assassins, and people don't really know how to fight our class.
Post edited by CIoudStrife_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree. Most people simply don't know how to fight our class, and therefore think we're overpowered. There are so few high-level Psys compared to other classes that we're just a mystery for now.

And I personally think the mystery that surrounds our class is one of our best advantages in PvP.

I duel physical classes all the time and constantly get the "How did you resist my attack?" response instead of the usual "gf".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • CIoudStrife_ - Lost City
    CIoudStrife_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yup i get that allllll the time
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i get it all the time hell even my faction leader last night in HH mentioned OP tideborn. hell he thinks us psychics are more OP then the assassins
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    we aint OP.... people QQ about being hit HARD, not FAST. So all those 5 APS chars dont get called OP while the psychics are called OP just for dealing their hp in bursts
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ...BM are OP...because they can stunlock you forever...
    ...Wizard are OP...because they are wizards...
    ...Cleric are OP...because they can heal themself and sleep others...
    ...Barb are OP...because they have 20k+ hp...
    ...Veno are OP...because of Nix's bleed...
    ...Archer are OP...because they have sick range and high crit...
    ...Cashoppers are OP...because of packs...

...Stupid people will keep complaining on everything, that's human nature =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010

+2, not just +1
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    the spirit of racism

assasin is overpowered -> assasin is fish -> psych is fish too -> blame fish!
    i like potato
  • Jtb - Harshlands
    Jtb - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Those are the ones that wonder why the eff they died after (speaking hypothetically b:chuckle) a wizard is like "Wtf how did I die?!" after charging up and attacking with a couple of attacks after the psy uses soulburn. But the ignorance makes the pvp more fun, so other classes keep doing what your doing.
  • Rated_PG - Harshlands
    Rated_PG - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Having someone of another class basically commit suicide is just about the funniest thing for me on a psy. But don't completely call sins op, it's just another factor of not knowing how to beat "the broken class" in all technicality, assassins are the squishiest class, maybe not with survival skills, but they are the only squishy melee class. Wizards cry about dying to sins all the time, but if they died to a barb or a psy they would cry about it too. The fact that the tideborn race was added to the already existing 3 main races probably put a sour spin on things to begin with, but the fact that the high level sins progressed so fast and found ways of taking out the "pros" of the old 3 races, that they were automatically branded with an op label. Psys and sins are not overpowered, psys make fighting under normal conditions extremely difficult, and sins are, well...sins, they come out of nowhere and take you out as quickly and effectively as possible while trying to take as little damage as possible. Psys have reflects along with curses, those are their skills, that's what makes them unique, unlike wizards they have very quick channeling and casts, while being so fast you are extremely powerful. Sins have survival skills, and skills to get the job done, it's all a part of the race and class, an air of mystery surrounds our race, we progressed substantially over a thousand years before the great human wizard came and saved our kind. Teaching the psychics the basis of their skills and giving the great tideborn king the power and knowledge when the time came, to get us through the magical wall into the world again with the other three races. The winged elves used to rule the skies, the humans and untamed the land, and the vast oceans belonged to the tideborn. After the tideborns mysterious disappearance over a thousand years ago, the other races must have grown cold towards them thinking they were gone......wow...i'm wayyyy off topic...sorry guys..

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Tideborn READ IT! =)
    E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody In Sight Build

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, if you don't like it, well gf to you. b:cool

Sins aren't op'd it's just that you suck ^.^.
    I'm a sin even at 3x I can kill all you oracled 10x noobs >.<
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if u dont learn the skills of the new classes then gtfo pls b:bye i've had complaints of me using my genie multiple times when i've simply used psychic will >_> ijs
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    if u dont learn the skills of the new classes then gtfo pls b:bye i've had complaints of me using my genie multiple times when i've simply used psychic will >_> ijs

>w>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    When there's a Psy running around with all +12 refines. THEN people are allowed to call Psys overpowered.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    When there's a Psy running around with all +12 refines. THEN people are allowed to call Psys overpowered.

Psy Cash shopper > Other class Cash Shopper > Regular players b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well i do like being able to kill people who've spend loads of money on this game because of their lack of knowledge of psychics *cough* XuanBac *cough*
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    "We're not OP, you're just stupid" needs to be the psychic motto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2010

+5

This also apples to any other game out there with different characters/classes/races out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010

b:laughb:laugh
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Paraxe - Heavens Tear
    Paraxe - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So I'm not complaining about psy's being OP 'cuz I have never fought one myself. I'm just here to learn as I intend to do TW later which naturally means learning to fight other classes and I figure the best place to learn about psys is there own forum lol. So how would you psys go around killing yourseves if you had to? 'Cuz I have no idea how I'm supposed to kill you if I'm basically slitting my own throat when attacking you. Any ideas?
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    So I'm not complaining about psy's being OP 'cuz I have never fought one myself. I'm just here to learn as I intend to do TW later which naturally means learning to fight other classes and I figure the best place to learn about psys is there own forum lol. So how would you psys go around killing yourseves if you had to? 'Cuz I have no idea how I'm supposed to kill you if I'm basically slitting my own throat when attacking you. Any ideas?

You can't kill us. We're invincible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Rocabye - Lost City
    Rocabye - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Honestly lol, 1v1 I don't think any class really stands much of a chance. Seriously. I don't think Psychics are meant to be faced toe to toe, and I would never opt to face a psychic head on. The best chance you have is catching one off guard. Our hp/defense is our main weakness, and without proper preparation we die very very quickly. However, most of us know that and tend to keep a careful eye out for players trying to attack us. Even if you do manage to catch one off guard you need to make sure we're dead before we can counterattack. With a good psychic, once the first 2-3 spells go off you're pretty much done. With all that said, these are your options.

1) One-shot

2) Catch us off guard with our barriers down

3) Bring a friend
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well the best way to pk psy or basically any class is to catch themm off gaurd but for psychics u need patience and alot of it too and u need to be careful of what skills ur using with them other than that the fact remains psychics are another class in pwi thier not op just misunderstood
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2010

the only way to beat a psychic is to wait around years and years till old age takes it toll and we pass on from natural causes xD b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Paraxe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    So what if I used something that gave me reflect? Then would the attack keep ping ponging back and forth between us until someones reflect went out? 'Cuz if that worked I could just make sure my reflect lasted longer than yours so when yours ran out you'd die. I have no idea if something like that would work but it's an idea anyway.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    "We're not OP, you're just stupid" needs to be the psychic motto.

This too. Plenty of people who make simple mistakes that end up killing themselves and then cry OP. Psy would seriously only be half as strong as it is if everyone would just do their homework and learn how Psys work. There's a fair amount of 90+ players who have no effing clue what Soulburn is and die to it every time.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    So what if I used something that gave me reflect? Then would the attack keep ping ponging back and forth between us until someones reflect went out? 'Cuz if that worked I could just make sure my reflect lasted longer than yours so when yours ran out you'd die. I have no idea if something like that would work but it's an idea anyway.

No.4567890
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • Rocabye - Lost City
    edited August 2010

It wouldn't. Besides you're forgetting that Psychics have lots of barriers and great spell resistance. Technically, we can kill you without attacking you directly. The two classes that have the greatest chance of taking us out are archers and sins. Archers because they can attack from long range with great crit dmg..and sins because they can quite literally sneak up on us and kill us asap.

Just do yourself a favor and memorize our skill icons. Know when Soulburn is casted on you, recognize all the icons of our barriers, and you should be in good shape. That won't help you kill us, but itll keep you from killing yourself. The rest of our skills will probably nuke you while you're hesitant to attack, but at least you didn't commit suicide. If you insist on attacking one head-on (which is stupid) then at least bring backup.
  • Paraxe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Alright. And yeah I am an assassin but I don't see how sneaking up on a psy helps unless it's at a time when you don't have all that **** up which from what I've read is like...never if you can help it.
  • Rocabye - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Alright. And yeah I am an assassin but I don't see how sneaking up on a psy helps unless it's at a time when you don't have all that **** up which from what I've read is like...never if you can help it.

Well yeah, I mean without all that **** up we are very very very vulnerable. It does happen, quite often really, you just have to pay close attention and pick your targets. Memorize the buffs which would give *you* the most trouble as a potential attacker, and sneak up on someone who doesn't have them on. We have a **** ton of buffs but not all of them apply to everyone ya know? Some target spells, others physical attacks, just know which ones to avoid smashing into.

You're a sin, 90% of the battle is picking your target. The rest is cake if you choose your target correctly. We can see everyone else coming if we're paying close attention to our surroundings. A sin is the only one we can't see coming, which gives you a pretty distinct advantage if you pick your target carefully.
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010

Our soul of stunning and soul of retaliation, 2 of the major buffs you should watch out for, only have 30 second buff timers, and 30 second cooldowns, so just sit in stealth next to the psy and wait for the skill to just barely wear out and stun > kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So I post on my Barb.
  • saul25
    saul25 Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Psychics are not overpowered b:bye Also about psychic will i know a way to get out of it and i been beaten by psyhics and beaten them too alot. I fought a level 70 something psychic named Abra he used psychic will and killed me but then i fought him again his psychic will is 5 secs immune so i used roar of the pride on him which is a 6 second stun so when that stun wear off i knew to attack him next second he dead Victory goes to the Blademaster b:laugh