What should be done to being the gold markets "back to earth"

Elednor - Harshlands
Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
So first off i am hoping the change to TW do work to reduce the market, but there is one very simple thing they could do that would bring the market back "down to earth". We all know they wont remove the packs which started the gold prices rise, but there is one thing they can remove.

The 10million coin reward

Exchanging 2 best lucks can get you a item which can be sold for 10million to a NPC. There is just as much if not more money coming into the server from this as there was from TW. This is the cause of the gold market explosion and as a result the prices of everything rising.

So my request is that if they are really commited to bringing the markets back "down to earth" they would remove these rewards from the promotions agents.

Thank you for reading and voting. Please post your views.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Elednor - Harshlands on

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yea i would definately like for tht to happen maby it will bring gold down atleast 100k tht would be very nice b:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW change is just so they can fool the dumb people into thinking that's what it was. Packs are the problem plain and simple. They put items like the interval cloak and love up and down at boutique. Not to mention the -channeling robes and tomes. OH lets not forget the lunar/frost weapons, oracles, warsoul helms, cube necklaces, warsong belt...I'm rambling. They pretty much stuck a whole bunch of good stuff unattainable in-game in the boutique agent and put the items to get it in the packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Packs should be removed altogether.
    anwynd wrote: »
    yea i would definately like for tht to happen maby it will bring gold down atleast 100k tht would be very nice b:victory

Chest of Coins would keep the gold prices around the 200k mark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gold prices will never go down. Cashshoppers and merchants set the price. If you hard cap it (set max price) people will sell it outside AH.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

i didnt mean i hope it puts gold prices at 100k i sayed i hope it lowers gold prices atleast by 100k lol (if they actually do this)b:laugh

& also how would you sell gold outside the AH can tht be done legally?
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They pretty much stuck a whole bunch of good stuff unattainable in-game in the boutique agent and put the items to get it in the packs.

Most of the items available in packs are farmable in-game. Packs just make it much simpler and cheaper to obtain. b:Bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I wont disagree that the packs are a part of the problem here in the us version.

Since so many people seem to think (myself included) that this game is highly based off of the china version, argo I am fairly sure it had that desired effect on the economy over in china's version of the game; therefore, it was brought here to help the free players/help bring back some of the life it once had before.

Personally I feel almost as if some business tycoon from china knew they couldn't add the packs in the china version so he came up with the bright idea to bring it into versions of the game where it would be allowed. =x

Though the changes for tw will most likely help, I feel that it is rather unlikely that prices will have a steep decline as long as the annoying packs are around. =x Sadly to be franc I really don't see them being removed for a extended amount of time anytime soon. ;/

It is just way too profitable for them to justify it to themselves/there pocket books to remove them for a month or two. ;/
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    & also how would you sell gold outside the AH can tht be done legally?

WC that you have 30 gold that you are selling for xx price each and then the buyer pm's you with the thing he wants from there. You buy and trade it for coins.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Most of the items available in packs are farmable in-game. Packs just make it much simpler and cheaper to obtain. b:Bye

I'm aware, but think of it this way. I like real life, I'm sure you do too. Know how much time it would take to farm money to MAKE a lvl 7 tome? To save your sanity you'd have to CS, which while your at it, why not buy packs? It'll probably be cheaper to get lucky and find a Scroll of Tome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Permanently remove all packs and items that reward you with lots of coins.
    edited August 2010
    I'm aware, but think of it this way. I like real life, I'm sure you do too. Know how much time it would take to farm money to MAKE a lvl 7 tome? To save your sanity you'd have to CS, which while your at it, why not buy packs? It'll probably be cheaper to get lucky and find a Scroll of Tome.

Lvl 7 tomes are one of the things you actually can't craft. You need a Scroll of Tome to manufacture one. You can craft lvl 6 tomes though. The other would be the Wing Trophy and Wing Trophy Lunar Glade. The mechanics to craft them hadn't yet been implemented when they were first put in packs, but you'll be able to farm them eventually.

Warsong Badge, Cube Neck, Championship Scroll, event helm/boots.... they're all obtainable in game and a number of people have farmed most of these items without spending too much effort, though it does take a bit of time and patience.

One of the reasons why this game is so horrible now is because of people with attitudes like you. If you can't have instant gratification, it's not worth your time and effort... who cares about long term goals when you can 'win' this game in 4 months cash shopping to 100. Game over... well not really. This used to be a game designed so you could have long term goals, not just at 100, but at lower levels as well. The instant gratification crowd is what pretty much ruined it.

So you're not willing to spend a couple hours a couple times a week to farm something that may take months for you to get. Put it in packs and you're golden.

Really, what's the point to even play if you don't even have to do anything to get what you want except open some packs or charge some money?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Reading the replies, it seems most of you are drifting off on a tangent.
    Do packs in general **** things up? Yes, to some degree.
    But the theory here is that without every two Best Lucks pumping another 10m coin into the game, it would be less screwed up. And in that much, I've been pointing this out repeatedly since they rolled out the patch.
    There are a number of other things Best Lucks can be used for, ranging from chrono pages to TT100 orange mats. Given the quantities needed for the other items, if 10m notes were pulled I could see the Best Luck prices dropping from their 5m standard down to about 1-2m. Would probably make some merchants cry a bit, but on the whole I'm positive that removing 10m notes would prove to be a very stablizing effect on the in-game economy, without denting their precious pack sales too much.
    edited August 2010
    There are a number of other things Best Lucks can be used for, ranging from chrono pages to TT100 orange mats. Given the quantities needed for the other items, if 10m notes were pulled I could see the Best Luck prices dropping from their 5m standard down to about 1-2m. Would probably make some merchants cry a bit, but on the whole I'm positive that removing 10m notes would prove to be a very stablizing effect on the in-game economy, without denting their precious pack sales too much.

Even if you remove Besties out of the packs, the value of gold won't change much. The value of gold depends on how well the packs dish out. When coral packs came out, gold prices dropped under 400k because they were horrible. You had to be extremely lucky to get something, which is why they didn't sell as well and nobody cared. So they brought back the Anniversary Pack percentages to the Year of the Tiger Packs and that's why we have gold hovering just below 500k.

Taking packs out for a few months would return gold to 275-325-ish, but the damage has already been done. Hundreds of billions in coin have been introduced because of them and it would be impossible to remove much of that in game without pissing a lot of people off.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    We're not talking about removing Best Tokens though - just the option to make 10m Notes out of them.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Packs should be removed altogether.

Chest of coins just keep the gold from going under 200k, being there or not wont effect the price ATM since nobody uses them anyway. Packs are the problem.

EDIT: Wow, I read u wrong. Sooo... I agree with this goober. =p
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    We're not talking about removing Best Tokens though - just the option to make 10m Notes out of them.

You know what I meant.... since Anipacks first came out and as of right now, nobody uses a Best Luck Token for anything other than 10 Big Notes except for a few idiots.

Also, most of the other items are either far cheaper in the cash shop because the various rewards you can get from a Bestie greatly differ in price. Seriously 10 of them for a marriage pack? Don't make me rehash the discussion we already had about these nearly this time last year.

But yes, I'll correct myself for the sake of your semantics... I was referring to 10m Big Notes.

/facepalm
    edited August 2010
    You know what I meant.... since Anipacks first came out and as of right now, nobody uses a Best Luck Token for anything other than 10 Big Notes except for a few idiots.

Also, most of the other items are either far cheaper in the cash shop because the various rewards you can get from a Bestie greatly differ in price. Seriously 10 of them for a marriage pack?

But yes, I'll correct myself for the sake of your semantics... I was referring to 10m Big Notes.

/facepalm

Yeah but most ppl would say "wtf are big notes? where are those in CS?? how i buy?" so you kinda have to refer to it as TOBL or ppl wont know wtf youre going on about.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Yeah but most ppl would say "wtf are big notes? where are those in CS?? how i buy?" so you kinda have to refer to it as TOBL or ppl wont know wtf youre going on about.

I don't think I don't know anyone that instantly equates a Bestie as anything more than 5m coins. Remove the big-note reward and nobody will care about them. Price for one would hover at about 2m for either the chrono page or perfect citrine, however those prices may come down and bring the value to their percentage of what a farmed Heart of Nature or Twilight Scepter would cost you.

So it would devalue world boss drops as well. The less value non-cash shop items has, the more perfect world wins and the more non-cash shoppers lose.
    edited August 2010
    I don't think I don't know anyone that instantly equates a Bestie as anything more than 5m coins. Remove the big-note reward and nobody will care about them. Price for one would hover at about 2m for either the chrono page or perfect citrine, however those prices may come down and bring the value to their percentage of what a farmed Heart of Nature or Twilight Scepter would cost you.

So it would devalue world boss drops as well. The less value non-cash shop items has, the more perfect world wins and the more non-cash shoppers lose.

Either way, NEDM will make the game enjoyable anymore.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010

Not entirely true - remember when apoc pages used to be a 200k commodity? Bringing Best Lucks roughly on par with Chrono pages might be good news for a lot of the 100+ crew, although I do concede it'd take a while for the crying and QQ'ing to die down a bit before they realize it. While the billions-upon-billions of coins already in-game will probably take a while to thin out, every pack sale we continue to see will only compound the problem until it's corrected.

(if ever, which granted I don't have much faith in at this point.)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Almost 100% sure 10m big notes won't ever be removed. Their money making strategy is based on that in China. Or actually, was. Now that the packs are banned (is that just a rumor) there won't be any TOBL's coming to the economy there, right?
    edited August 2010

Not entirely true - remember when apoc pages used to be a 200k commodity? Bringing Best Lucks roughly on par with Chrono pages might be good news for a lot of the 100+ crew, although I do concede it'd take a while for the crying and QQ'ing to die down a bit before they realize it. While the billions-upon-billions of coins already in-game will probably take a while to thin out, every pack sale we continue to see will only compound the problem until it's corrected.

(if ever, which granted I don't have much faith in at this point.)

I remember when they were like 800k. That was when gold was 100k or less. That's beside the point. The point I'm making is that it will artifcially deflate the value of those items as well, and at the frequency that they pop out it probably wouldn't take long for everyone to have all their 100 skills, for everyone to have TT100 weapons, etc...

It just hastens the death of the game. I'm pretty sure they realize what has happened over on their servers as well as on PW-MY. The game is already doomed, and it's been accelerated here. In other words, they've given up. New PWI based Forsaken World will be out soon and I'm sure they're hoping a majority of the cash shoppers move there.

If they really cared about this game they would split the development team to work on two separate code bases, but of course from their perspective the game is already dead. Milk it of it's last few dollars then offer everyone tired of it something shiny and new. Lets just hope they learned their lesson this time, but I doubt it. They're just producing another f2p game that will follow in the same footsteps.

Anyways, I strayed from whatever point I was going to make. Oh well, too lazy to go back and fix that xP
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    It just hastens the death of the game. I'm pretty sure they realize what has happened over on their servers as well as on PW-MY. The game is already doomed, and it's been accelerated here. In other words, they've given up. New PWI based Forsaken World will be out soon and I'm sure they're hoping a majority of the cash shoppers move there.

The game was already going to it's death when they brought it here. They just left it here and decided to see if they managed to get anything out of it. They did, milked it out and that's about it.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The 10 million big note was obtainable in game before packs came out.

The token of best luck can be obtained in game -- and I believe it could be obtained in game before packs came out.

And I am pretty sure that we have always had the option of converting two tokens of best luck to a 10 million big note.

So, unless I misunderstand, you all are suggesting that gameplay be changed to accomodate boutique probabilities and prices.

Personally, I think that there has to be a better alternative.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Dream on...Perfect World already made sure gold prices would not fall that low with the chest of coins. Anyway the minute gold prices get low they will just come out with something new to raise them again.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    The 10 million big note was obtainable in game before packs came out.

Only if you had the 10m coins to trade for it. It was a conversion thing, not a "poof, 10m coins magically in your pocket."
    The token of best luck can be obtained in game -- and I believe it could be obtained in game before packs came out.

ORLY? From where? Tokens of Luck/Best Luck are pack rewards - they didn't exist in PWI before the Anniv. packs, except as unused code in a database.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Gold prices will never go down. Cashshoppers and merchants set the price. If you hard cap it (set max price) people will sell it outside AH.
    It's true Cashshoppers and Merchants do the actual exchange, but we don't "set" the price at anything. The price is set by the market, and it's whatever the balance is between the number of in-game players who want to buy our stuff (more = prices go up) vs. the number of Cashshoppers who are willing to sell Gold (more = prices go down).

Believe me, if I had the power to "set" Gold prices, I would, but whenever I work against the market and try to force it to buy/sell at the prices I want I just lose money.
    Even if you remove Besties out of the packs, the value of gold won't change much. The value of gold depends on how well the packs dish out. When coral packs came out, gold prices dropped under 400k because they were horrible.
    The difference between Coral and the other packs are that Best Luck are 0.7% for Coral and 1.7% all other types of Packs. Other than that the odds are pretty much the same, but that 1% difference in Best Luck Tokens is a huge difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I voted no, but felt the need to explain why.

The 10 million notes aren't the problem. The packs are. The constant packs are what is causing gold to be so high. However; as has been stated in more than one thread. People apparently like how things are b/c they continue to buy the packs and nothing will change until they stop.

TW pay contributes very little to the influx of coins in the game. It does contribute. But those packs.. those are the main issue.

The 10 million big notes are chump change compared to all the high end gear and tomes ppl win out of the packs.

I needed some tokens a few days ago and bought 1 pack taking the chance to get something but needing the tokens so either way was win win for me. I got a best luck token off just 1 pack. Either I was really lucky or its too easy to win those. I'm not a gambler, was easy for me to just take my money and run!

Recap: taking the notes out of the packs won't help. Taking the packs out of the cs will. However; I'm not complaining about either one really.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Create another way to get Mysterious Pages/Advanced Mystical pages.

When tokens allow people to get items that otherwise can't be obtained, then yeah people will continue to demand tokens. If there are OTHER ways to obtain the item, however, then the demand will fall a bit.
    Right now I'm sitting on level 98 and there's still ~7 skills I need via mysterious pages and my only option is to get those skills from another player or via tokens. If I had another option to get these 7 sage skills, I promise you I'd be using it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The 10 million big notes are chump change compared to all the high end gear and tomes ppl win out of the packs.
    Keep in mind, though, that a piece of high-end gear adds 0 coins to the economy. If it sells for 100 million, that 100 million just moves from the buyer's pocket to the seller's pocket. The total amount of coins remains the same.

This is why a Scroll of Tome selling for 75 million when Packs first came out was considered a massive sum of money and a rip-off price, but now that so many Best Luck Tokens have flooded millions into the overall coin supply a Scroll of Tome is practically a steal at double that price because 75 million just isn't worth what it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com