Doubt about Skill leveling

2»

Comments

• TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes it's true Thunderball does low damage. For AA cleric I can understand that it's pretty a useless skill. I don't use it a lot myself. But it does have some interesting undocumented effect. The skill usually does 1/2 initial damage then cyclone. But it can do critical has often has cyclone from my observation. Usually when it does a critical the base damage it does is 3x higher. My cyclone does around 5k damage right now and crit goes has high has 12k mostly 2x base damage. Thunderball does around 3k damage and crit up to 9k. Whit the added damage TB does around the same has cyclone. But it still cost more ! Yes but the best use I could find for it is in pvp vs charmed player. Just before a tempest or a weild thunder, TB will rarely tick a charm, but will put the player in the kill zone for the next skill if you can cast it. When Tanking a boss I use TB to get chi faster, it does same damage has cyclone except it's over time. And the timing seem to work good. I use it most now when I'm DDing on a boss. If metal does more I replace plume shot by TB. I have observed that I make more critical hit when the target is under TB bleeding. It might just be a coincidence. And I don't want to start a rumor here. It's just to hard to document it. But I did observed critical a lot of time right after I use TB followed by an other metal skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes it's true Thunderball does low damage. For AA cleric I can understand that it's pretty a useless skill. I don't use it a lot myself. But it does have some interesting undocumented effect. The skill usually does 1/2 initial damage then cyclone. But it can do critical has often has cyclone from my observation. Usually when it does a critical the base damage it does is 3x higher. My cyclone does around 5k damage right now and crit goes has high has 12k mostly 2x base damage. Thunderball does around 3k damage and crit up to 9k. Whit the added damage TB does around the same has cyclone. But it still cost more ! Yes but the best use I could find for it is in pvp vs charmed player. Just before a tempest or a weild thunder, TB will rarely tick a charm, but will put the player in the kill zone for the next skill if you can cast it. When Tanking a boss I use TB to get chi faster, it does same damage has cyclone except it's over time. And the timing seem to work good. I use it most now when I'm DDing on a boss. If metal does more I replace plume shot by TB. I have observed that I make more critical hit when the target is under TB bleeding. It might just be a coincidence. And I don't want to start a rumor here. It's just to hard to document it. But I did observed critical a lot of time right after I use TB followed by an other metal skill.

Please do not necro treads. Note that the last post before yours was in January.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Larkspurr - Dreamweaver
    Larkspurr - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    why not necro threads I found this thread a vary informative read, and if you have read the thread he was replying to a question he was asked earlier. Better late than never
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    why not necro threads I found this thread a vary informative read, and if you have read the thread he was replying to a question he was asked earlier. Better late than never

It's in the rules, that's why.

"Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread. Posting in a dead (necro) thread will cause it to be locked. Repeated posting of dead threads can result in a ban from forums/game."

Quoted directly from:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

If you want to read old threads, there's nothing stopping you from finding them and reading them. No need for them to be necro-ed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This guide you're talking about sounds absolutely terrible. Level IH to 4-5? Wtf! Whoever thinks IH shouldn't be maxed is an idiot. Wizards do considerably more damage than a cleric, and remember, you're a cleric, your job is to heal. That is what people will expect you to do.

Max IH, keep res leveled, not because you need to, but when someone dies, they QQ less if you have a good res level. ;)

Max Plume shot and all of your buffs, and max whirlwind. Get BB when you're a high enough level. Ignore all other DD spells in my opinion. I have Plume shot, whirlwind, tempest, and wield thunder maxed. All my other DD spells are level 1.

Edit: Damn necros. They always trick me!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    cleric's can do fair amount of dmg
    compare wizzys skills - math dont hurt

ofc wizzy will be better DD but not so much as most ppl think

and also typical wizzy is pure DD while many clers are vit builds with bizarre weapons xP

My cleric is almost pure MAG and I love it, I can be lazy after I stack some IHs if I want XD, no one complains Lol. Vit built clerics imho are best for solo, same for LA cleric as a nuking type. Pure MAG is best for squads. Though you can do it all with all builds, its just simple builds are better at that or worse.

Patakas from 1-59 is very sweet, high magic power from patakas are very promising
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Demoneyesjoe - Lost City
    Demoneyesjoe - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    no such thing as a "pure damage" cleric, maybe when ur broke at lower lvls, then yea, i can see it, but, the only difference in "pure damage" and "pure healing" is the skills u get, by time u reach lvl 70, if u only lvling up 1 set of skills, then u will have them all maxed as high as they can go...so, what else will u lvl up? oh yea, that's right UR OTHER SKILLS

the idea of being "full damage" is only a temporary thing, and with how fast u can lvl up now-a-days, it doesn't really matter

also, lvl up your silent seal, when ur fighting a physical mob, or even an archer or magic mob, at a high enough lvl, your range is greater than a mobs, so, that gives u alot of time to DD, the whole -50% mag att....idk, its barley reduces mine at all, i only hit for about 1k less damage, and when your hitting for 13k at my lvl...1k, doesn't matter for the amount of time u can hit them w/o them being able to hit u, and if u really care...just purify it

(remeber though, the time your Silent and Chromatic seal stay in effect is UP TO ##sec's it can be from 1-## however, the mroe u lvl it up, the greater the range is, so, ur more likely to get a higher number, than a number so low its useless, and Chromatic is a sleep, it breaks when u hit them, its better if u just want to stall, or put some distace between u and the mob, or, if your getting attacked by 2 mobs, put 1 to sleep, kill the other 1)

as far as weapons go, yea, the patakas are good...but can SERIOUSLY let u down in a pinch, wands have the most consistent damage, swords are the next best up (and look really cool in my opinion) Glaives are nice to although, i would choose a sword if given the same add-ons as a Glaive (i use HH99 Glave for the -6% chan if HH99 Sword had that, i wold have gotten it instead)