My Psychic build

13»

Comments

• superudhay
    superudhay Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hey i am a physic and i really want to know what type of class are they aoe magical or physical and are the most damage dealing class in pwi? i want to know do they even have any aoe spells and are they needed in a party? and i need a reply asap plz
  • superudhay
    superudhay Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hey, i dont know what character to choose a physic, a mage or a barbarian. i just dont know what to choose i am looking for a character which is aoe but need a decent amount of defence but shouldnt drink up all my mp.
  • Teramesu - Sanctuary
    Teramesu - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm a pure magic psychic. All I've got to say is..shards shards shards.b:laugh A good combination of garnets and citrines will really help out ALOT.
  • Riyunoa - Sanctuary
    Riyunoa - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pure Mag is the way to go, it really works nice because the point is to kill before the enemy reaches you, if you want HP the best you can do is add Citrines to your Gear and refine it,at lower lvls you may add Averages/Beautiful citrines, those will work.

At higher lvl you can use Flawless Citrines (these are very cheap now); i have 4k buffed at lvl 85 and 9.6k of MP, which is pretty decent for my lvl, i don't die and my MP regen. rate is good enough.

If you still have doubts, think about White voodoo, this can really save your life, the percentage it adds at lvl 10 is really high, it may decrease the damage from physical attacks by 70% or more. And even with Pure mag build you still can tank some bosses, even some physicals.
  • redsuffering
    redsuffering Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ok im just a bit lost so which would be best for a pvp server???b:surrender
  • Machlin - Harshlands
    Machlin - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    well
    i put 1 dex, 1 str, 1 vit and 2 magic = 5 points
    or
    1 vit 1 str and 3 magic

I agree it seems resonable becouse you have alot of mag wich will help with your spells and the str for the wepones and asrmer and vit wich whould make it less likly you will die becouse I did the Psychic the way i hear its suposed to be but I died ALOT!!!!!b:angry so any ways I am going with thisb:victory
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    as stated like 100 times in this sub forum already + i fell like trollin around atm

add vit for lvling ... ONCE u got lvls and esp moneys .. remove vit pure mag add shards ... refine like hell ... kinda same **** for most chars ....

maybe keep some vit if ur on pvp ... whats the deal in killing ppl with 3 shots if ur ****ed from 1 sin critb:byeb:bye

edit says : if u only ever use ur psy for tws,,, and got like 95+ .. ur good to go pure mag
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I have a 93 demon psy and here is my stats, mag, 291, str62, dex, 10, and VIT, 162.

Now.... before all the hate starts let me explain something.....

At higher levels you will encounter sins that not only stun like monkeys, but have occult ice and relentless courage in their genies ( which by the way I got myself) if you do not have the phys def, the hp, and the hp regen to keep up with an interval doing damage on you, you are fcked, period. And if you ever want to do fc runs where you do not die over and over and over again, this will help you not hit so hard so you don't steal agro all the damn time and **** off the cleric. Because res eats alot of mp and takes forever to cast, so the squad suffers.

Now... people will say shards shards shards refine refine refine.... well that helps, but is still not enough. I have seen psys and wizzes with pure mage type of build die over and over in fc runs and realy make the cleric unhappy.

You can also say... use phys def pots, and hp regen pots....but why worry about it? and those things are expensive/and/or can take alot of farming. The vit/str build makes life alot easier, you don't steal agro all the time, you don't die all the time, and you can take advantage of using allll your skills without worrying about puling a pile of mobs and getting toasted. Plus to be honest, I still crit for about 63 k when I demon spark. so the reduction in mag attack is not that great.

LA builds only work for wizzies, and even then they do suffer alot of mag attack reduction.... so it is still pointless... just my two cents on that.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    shannahand wrote: »
    I have a 93 demon psy and here is my stats, mag, 291, str62, dex, 10, and VIT, 162.

At higher levels you will encounter sins that not only stun like monkeys, but have occult ice and relentless courage in their genies ( which by the way I got myself) if you do not have the phys def, the hp, and the hp regen to keep up with an interval doing damage on you, you are fcked, period. And if you ever want to do fc runs where you do not die over and over and over again, this will help you not hit so hard so you don't steal agro all the damn time and **** off the cleric. Because res eats alot of mp and takes forever to cast, so the squad suffers.

Now... people will say shards shards shards refine refine refine.... well that helps, but is still not enough. I have seen psys and wizzes with pure mage type of build die over and over in fc runs and realy make the cleric unhappy.

You can also say... use phys def pots, and hp regen pots....but why worry about it? and those things are expensive/and/or can take alot of farming. The vit/str build makes life alot easier, you don't steal agro all the time, you don't die all the time, and you can take advantage of using allll your skills without worrying about puling a pile of mobs and getting toasted. Plus to be honest, I still crit for about 63 k when I demon spark. so the reduction in mag attack is not that great.

LA builds only work for wizzies, and even then they do suffer alot of mag attack reduction.... so it is still pointless... just my two cents on that.

well, i wont make comments about the pvp side although i cant imagine how hp regen will save you....

but about fc..lol. you essencially say "i want to spam my skills without thinking, so basically i make myself useless enough to live". at lvl93 every pull shall die within the duration of psy will, or maybe a AD too. between bms stuns and earth vector mobs shouldnt hit you anyway. and AD is cheap as hell xd
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2010

ok on the pvp side, its called expel or abs domain, will get u throguh a sin/bm's stun and then u can **** thier face

on the frost side, u have psy will, use it , u sohuld be able to kill almost if not all mobs in 8 secs of psy will, and u can pop a vector at the end before psy will goes away to stun the mobs for 6 secs, so no, ur build sucks, i mean, ur only critin 63k w/ demon spark?? i could crit 90k w/ a +6 wep... ur att is too nerfed, and u probably sitll have elss hp than my psy, restat to a more pure build and use ur skills and ur genie more effectivly.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
    edited November 2010
    ok on the pvp side, its called expel or abs domain, will get u throguh a sin/bm's stun and then u can **** thier face

on the frost side, u have psy will, use it , u sohuld be able to kill almost if not all mobs in 8 secs of psy will, and u can pop a vector at the end before psy will goes away to stun the mobs for 6 secs, so no, ur build sucks, i mean, ur only critin 63k w/ demon spark?? i could crit 90k w/ a +6 wep... ur att is too nerfed, and u probably sitll have elss hp than my psy, restat to a more pure build and use ur skills and ur genie more effectivly.

he said that he crits + demon spark for 63k?
    i thought it was only one of them (cant remember what xd)

not trying to show off, it's a matter of build after all, but i crit for 100-120k with sage spark (+5 tt99 green/+5 nirv g13).
    it's essentially half the regular dmg of a pure build...
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    he said that he crits + demon spark for 63k?
    i thought it was only one of them (cant remember what xd)

no he said he crits for 63k while demon sparked b:chuckle
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • alardoram
    alardoram Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I put 4 magic 1 on vitality and every 10 lvls put all 5 on strength to keep up with armor
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Everybody knows I favor the Vitality build...

At first I went pretty randomly... >.>; I finally realized I was too lazy for Nirvana, too late of course because I had 75 STR. Mostly I focused on 3 points MAG and 2 points VIT these days because it's beneficial to people on PvP servers to have a lot of HP....

Me, I just don't want to be a glass cannon, is all.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=52761c6ff0f57e03

-Edit: and no, I'm not wearing a cape...someone from Cash$hop beat me up and took it-

This is my current gear as of yesterday. I have to say that at my level? 10k soulforce isn't too terrible. My Pdef makes me cringe a little, but at endgame, I won't have to worry too much...
    edited December 2010

At first I went pretty randomly... >.>; I finally realized I was too lazy for Nirvana, too late of course because I had 75 STR. Mostly I focused on 3 points MAG and 2 points VIT these days because it's beneficial to people on PvP servers to have a lot of HP....

-Edit: and no, I'm not wearing a cape...someone from Cash$hop beat me up and took it-

This is my current gear as of yesterday. I have to say that at my level? 10k soulforce isn't too terrible. My Pdef makes me cringe a little, but at endgame, I won't have to worry too much...

nice shabby b:avoid
    btw u might want to check the magic attack of the weapon, pwicalc is bugged and doesnt calculate the refines/basic mattack correctly for some weapons

+7 ring b:shocked
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    It's not supposed to come up as Shabby, it's supposed to be a flawless, but PWICALC is mean to me....

....Much like numerous other services PWE seems to have....or lack.
  • Antigoni_FR - Raging Tide
    Antigoni_FR - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nice shabby b:avoid
    btw u might want to check the magic attack of the weapon, pwicalc is bugged and doesnt calculate the refines/basic mattack correctly for some weapons

+7 ring b:shocked

grade 8 ring +7 b:shocked

Just out of curiosity... why did you +7 it?
  • MadTrigga - Harshlands
    MadTrigga - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2010

i got 28xx hp, and 343 magic at my level.
    not really THAT much difference in gear. [3 pieces of gold,rest 3 stars]
    so this PROVES that VIT is useless on psys, i guess.
    i got 4x vit, 22 put in, rest by eq.
    EDIT: 4% Crit,instead of 5%...BUT STILL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    It's not supposed to come up as Shabby, it's supposed to be a flawless, but PWICALC is mean to me....

....Much like numerous other services PWE seems to have....or lack.

i know, had the same problem
    i got 28xx hp, and 343 magic at my level.
    not really THAT much difference in gear. [3 pieces of gold,rest 3 stars]
    so this PROVES that VIT is useless on psys, i guess.
    i got 4x vit, 22 put in, rest by eq.
    EDIT: 4% Crit,instead of 5%...BUT STILL!!!

it proves that at lvl75 u can have the same hp with a vit build.
    the vit build would probably had more hp earlier.
    also, born doesnt have a cape in the build.

3 stars can be waay better than the (fail imho) tt armor (Seriously, mana? lol) but you have to stalk AH/make a ton of them. my oht top is comparable if not better than tt99 gold.

tl;dr: to actually compare 2 builds you need to compare their survivability (hp+pdef+def lvl) and their damage output when they use standard (=not some lucky oht ring with 3x135hp for example) equipment of the same value.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    grade 8 ring +7 b:shocked

Just out of curiosity... why did you +7 it?

Eh, I had the Celestones, so I did it.

I mean, it's not like you can SELL THEM ANYMORE....(I blame TW, thank you PWE.)
    Might as well use them to give me a slight advantage over people my level.

It's true, my cape got stolen, along with my good hat. >.>; I suppose that's what I get for trying to farm mats while two hours red named.
    Freaking Cash$hop...who in their right mind goes camping lowbies over Burning Heart anyway? Usually the place is desolate.
  • PsychicSusan - Heavens Tear
    PsychicSusan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol wasting your point ...

i decided to put all on MAG ...
    STR only if its needed for weapon and armor =)

of course you would put all MAG your a veno its different from tideborns.
  • bennymars
    bennymars Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011

At higher levels you will encounter sins that not only stun like monkeys, but have occult ice and relentless courage in their genies ( which by the way I got myself) if you do not have the phys def, the hp, and the hp regen to keep up with an interval doing damage on you, you are *****, period. And if you ever want to do fc runs where you do not die over and over and over again, this will help you not hit so hard so you don't steal agro all the damn time and **** off the cleric. Because res eats alot of mp and takes forever to cast, so the squad suffers.

LA builds only work for wizzies, and even then they do suffer alot of mag attack
    reduction.... so it is still pointless... just my two cents on that.

thanks for sharing and at the same time defending the vit build. My psychic is also a vit build --> odd: 1 vit, 1 str, 3 mag - even: 1 vit 4 magic.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    55 str

everything else ----> magic

That is all.
  • axetheboar
    axetheboar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I did that build a while back when I used to play Perfect World. I think my psychic is around level 35 now, and I'm downloading the game again to get back into it. The build I think helped out a lot with the extra vit. I don't know anything about the shards, but extra HP is always a plus for me.
  • Im_Coolz - Archosaur
    Im_Coolz - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well how about DEX ? dex gives magic crit oO

is it worth it to give DEX?

Any Magic class never needs dex. Why? cause magic attacks NEVER, ever, ever, miss b:shutup