Can we have a new server without TWs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's more like: Can we have a server where there are no 24/7 players?

Most 'noobs' (that includes me) do not play this game that long every week nor do we level real quick. If it goes even anywhere slower then there would be a server with no-lifer's only?
    Those with highest possible gear and level 100 in just a week. U probably won't even have a chance to win anymore but if so, there will be like very less people around anymore simply because some people actually are smart enough not to play a server where it takes a year to reach level 40 with having a normal life.

So I'd suggest creating such a server too, since on all other servers these no-lifers who are bored all the time can get to do something again and we will have a less amount of pk'ing going on. Meh probably won't happen.

Would be fun to see a server full of no-lifers though.
    I wouldn't say everyone is a no-lifer but those we reach level 90 in 1 week, that's terrible.
    No offence.
    You sir, sound mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you plan to get rid of faction drama, you're going to need to get rid of the faction feature all together. Even without TW, guilds will fight over resources, grind spots (lol like anyone still does that ><), and any petty PvP disagreement. TW actually gives a decent way to vent it.

And that aside, most of the guild hate is playacting. On Lost City I know people from the competing guilds who will fight and bash each other given the chance, but are still friendly and respectful outside of the play acting. You're right, its a game. And that's how some people play it. When I PvP I'm extremely competitive and will taunt the enemy, but that doesn't mean I actually hate them.

Also, a non-TW server would be a money sink for PWE. Without TW no one will cash shop gears, buy packs, charms, nixes, etc. Just no point. So there goes all of PWI's income.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hello Miss VanillaCone,

I know you think a server without TW would erase a lot of the hate, etc. But, sadly that wouldn't happen and for one very good reason: all the drama, strife and so on is caused by the people not the game features like TW, pvp, etc.

Because people ultimately decide to be nice or mean in this game as they do in RL, they choose to do TW, they choose to do PvP (whether they choose a PvP server or not because if they are in a PvP server they chose to be in a place with a lot of pking, same with those who enable it on PvE server they choose to do it.) They also choose to bash each other verbally either seriously or not, they choose to make it hostile. Because TW and PvP doesn't have to be that way, people choose to make it that way. So, getting rid of TW doesn't change the people they will still find a way to take out their aggression in another way, or will likely verbally bash people all the more because they don't have TW as an outlet.

And as for this being a fantasy and avoiding RL that's not going to happen for the same reason TW isn't the problem. It's the people, as long as you play a game with real people RL things are going to enter in, fantasy itself is simply one or more persons ideal world, which is essentially nothing but their idea of a better world. And that "ideal" world may or may not be a nice place. Also, since this is someones fantasy world (i.e the developers, etc) with other real people in it, its not going to be anywhere close to perfect or fantasy like outside of the diff classes, etc. Simply because people are not perfect and because it's a game (an rpg one none the less) people use that as an excuse to act like jerks even if they aren't that way in RL, simply because they will say "its just a game". So, the "its just a game" mentality actually enhances and exaggerates the problem of in-game meaness rather than alleviating it. Because then you not only have RL jerks but you've got people rping as them too because "its just a game" to them and feel its ok.

As an example of what I mean: I myself act as I do in RL-I don't bash, humiliate,etc people. I also don't swear, I don't attack unarmed people, I don't PK (I do TW but even that I've only done once), I don't dual anyone 10, 20 or more lvls lower than me, if I dual at all its with people my lvl or higher. So, basically I'm a nice person in RL and because I let RL dictate the game I'm nice in-game too.

So, unless you can eliminate the "human factor" RL stuff, such as bashing, arguing, etc isn't going to go away. The only way you could eliminate it essentially is to play a good'ol fashion video game where its nothing but you and a slew of npc's.

And if you'd like to come to a PvE server, you could come to RagingTide :) I think you and I could maybe be good friends there. I lvl for these reasons- To see more of the game, To help lower lvls with bosses, FB's, BH's, etc, To help my faction, To help my faction in TW, and simply to be higher lvl. I can take or leave TW and I like making friends and talking just as much as I do questing. TW is also optional in my faction and their such nice people. <3

And finally to answer the question of if there can or ever will be a TW-less server: chances are more than likely no. Simply because too many people would be against it but you still never know.

So, that's my opinion lol sorry it came out so long^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If PK was taken out, a lot of people would quit.

It's a game, dear. Get over yourself. It's a lame idea.

a little slow on the uptake i see, i'll make sure to get right on that "getting over myself," dear.

someone who misses sarcasm that obvious should probably lay off the condescending comments, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's a good idea. Harshlands is getting really frustrating with the constant bickering between Zulu and Kylin. Anyway, do you know which PvE server would be best for a friendly environment?

Maybe it's just me but I never see any WC about facs in RT server...

Just x-famy. Or something-famu. infamy lives on...

Or maybe it's just that the people fac jump so much there aint any loyalty...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've played both PvP and PvE servers.

There is actually MORE QQ and drama on PvE servers than PvP.

The WC and forums drama between KY and Zulu on HL is nothing compared to what I've seen on RT and HT. It amuses me cos there isn't any real basis for it on PvE servers where there isn't nearly as much PKing to QQ about.

I also agree with what someone posted previously about taking it back to old school lvling. This game has made power lvling too easy. You reach end game much too quickly and then have nothing better to do but create drama and buy fashion!

QQ and drama are part of any MMO. PWI just makes is so much more convenient.

-Shrugs.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sure they'd be less angry players in that server, because there'd be less players in general, the ratio would remain the same though.

The only reason I still play this game is because of TW and if the feature wasnt there id have left 3-4 months ago.

It keeps factions strong and together and creates friendships which wouldnt happen otherwise, Much more happiness is born out of TW than hate.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you think that the problem with your server is because of TWs, you are completely wrong. It's a PvP server. Even without TWs, you still would have similar problems.

I'm pretty sure all of the servers have some pretty rude people... either I'm wrong or you're ignorant. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol a server without TWs...

i understand that for you this game is just fun, laughs and giggles, but for a lot of ppl this game is their life. they dump hard-earned (or parentally-obtained) cash into this game for the sole purpose of being awesome. A part of being awesome is to have ur favorite color on the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Emouse - Archosaur
    Emouse - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lets say thats pvp server and u wont to be without TW?lol dude,how will ppl make money?(if they dont CS)

and second,talked already about new server and no plans atm...:(
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just like the title says, can we have a new server without TWs, but rather just the other features of PWI? Please before you start calling me stupid I have a reason for it.

The amount of hostility and belittling that goes on in world chat, and even more prevalently so in the forums is primarily caused by the hatred that people exhibit toward others from competing guilds. Strangers can become enemies of words without trying to understand each other as persons. Does a MMORPG must be all about hate? Guilds are becoming an identity for people much like a nationality. We experience so much persecution, war, and stereotypes in real life that I really don't want the same experience in a game in which I play to escape reality. Having guilds that TW sounds like a great idea but people have obviously shown that they cannot treat PWI as a game because of it. And after all, it is just what it is, a game, and it hurts the average player like me to see so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere. With the TW process removed, I can see a huge incentive of all the hate from being removed from the game. Of course, it won't all disappear, but the effect will be tremendously positive. I believe that people might become nice to each other a bit more if that was the case, maybe.

Please feel free to post your response. And if a mod is able to see this, do you think it's something that you can bring up with a developer?

I like this.

I led a anti-war faction for the sake of NOT hating anyone or anyone hating anyone; but some ran to a problem - once players gets higher and higher level, they get more ego. Get stronger, and ambitious; wanting more.

I haven't changed at all; still want peace and harmony with no war and no conflicts with anyone even if I now got great gear and be in a TW faction or getting higher level. But not everyone is like that, majority of the people wanna use their skills they worked hard on, use their armor, to show how much they pawn in a pvp or a duel and in this case a war. Realistically, if TW was removed in a server there probably would be people leaving the game more than joining it nowadays. Yes it sucks. But that's just reality.

Anyone pawning someone can drive them to want them to pawn them back. "OMG I cant believe im so ****! Ima work hard and go pawn them in TW!!" <-- is often the case. Or "omg this guy from (insert pissy faction name here) kept on ksing me ima get them if I get to do TW!!!" Act of vengence in a TW, or having 'fun' seeing others die in TW is often the case and a natural reaction, decision and scenario.

Emotionally taking TW out would do us good, but

Economically it wouldn't do any good to the PWI company, and

Logically won't work with so much hatred amongst humans right now that we people who want peace won't be able to do anything at all. Those people will soon realize HOW IMPORTANT it is to unite together and compromise to gain peace and harmony when the time finally comes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Emouse - Archosaur
    Emouse - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u like that...

ways to get money

Borning&Hard:
    -Farm Low/Mid/High Mats
    -Do TTs (hard if u not veno-barb/cleric)
    -Drops from FB/FC...

Best way:
    GO ON TW (ENJOY) TAKE TW PAY

or just CS (more than half ppl on pwi wont do that...)
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good idea! TW's are a mixed blessing at best. From what I've seen on other servers you end up with one uber faction that controls all the land.

On the other hand, I guess it gives high levels something to do.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TW for a PvE server should always be PvE content.

So two factions face off in TW? Both should battle NPC mobs and the team that finishes first should win. b:chuckleb:chuckle

Or two factions can war... to see who can pick the most herbs or farm the most mats during a 3 hour period.

Or... once all of the cities have been taken by a faction, the map is reset and you fight until all NPC lands are taken again.

/semi-serioustrollbait
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • KyIar - Lost City
    KyIar - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the game is basically a contest on who has more money, more money = better gear, less money = weaker gear = pwned by better gear
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've played both PvP and PvE servers.

There is actually MORE QQ and drama on PvE servers than PvP.

The WC and forums drama between KY and Zulu on HL is nothing compared to what I've seen on RT and HT. It amuses me cos there isn't any real basis for it on PvE servers where there isn't nearly as much PKing to QQ about.

I also agree with what someone posted previously about taking it back to old school lvling. This game has made power lvling too easy. You reach end game much too quickly and then have nothing better to do but create drama and buy fashion!

QQ and drama are part of any MMO. PWI just makes is so much more convenient.

-Shrugs.

I don't know what you're talking about . RT is probably one of the most DRAMA-LESS servers in PWI .

There ain't really much drama in RT but there's allot of trolling . Prolly that's why some ppl call it troll-central server . Hell even frankie came to our forums in order to make a thread about our spam b:chuckle * points at " let's talk about spam " thread *

But don't confuse drama with trolling .

I for one love & find it amusing as well as even think it's one reason why we don't have much drama here . Since there's allot of sarcasm in every1's posts & wc spams the usual replies are pretty much the same way thus = less serious ppl ( which is good , you don't need to be serious in a game ) , more fun to be had & much less drama .

Some ppl think it's stupid , some ppl find it amusing & get lots of laughs by joining in . I personally prefer the 2nd option no matter what any1 say's :P

You should see my old server , sanctuary , if you want drama . It's been a drama-central server for almost 2 years , mostly hate towards the top faction( ex top fac now ) .
    It's all about LoL,yo.