Can we have a new server without TWs?

Options
VanillaCone - Harshlands
VanillaCone - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Just like the title says, can we have a new server without TWs, but rather just the other features of PWI? Please before you start calling me stupid I have a reason for it.

The amount of hostility and belittling that goes on in world chat, and even more prevalently so in the forums is primarily caused by the hatred that people exhibit toward others from competing guilds. Strangers can become enemies of words without trying to understand each other as persons. Does a MMORPG must be all about hate? Guilds are becoming an identity for people much like a nationality. We experience so much persecution, war, and stereotypes in real life that I really don't want the same experience in a game in which I play to escape reality. Having guilds that TW sounds like a great idea but people have obviously shown that they cannot treat PWI as a game because of it. And after all, it is just what it is, a game, and it hurts the average player like me to see so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere. With the TW process removed, I can see a huge incentive of all the hate from being removed from the game. Of course, it won't all disappear, but the effect will be tremendously positive. I believe that people might become nice to each other a bit more if that was the case, maybe.

Please feel free to post your response. And if a mod is able to see this, do you think it's something that you can bring up with a developer?
Post edited by VanillaCone - Harshlands on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    people might become nice to each other a bit more if that was the case, maybe.

stop dreaming

TW remains the only thing that keeps some people still playing
    cause its fun

ppl will always hate, ppl want to :P
    i like potato
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you think that the problem with your server is because of TWs, you are completely wrong. It's a PvP server. Even without TWs, you still would have similar problems.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, TW is an important component of the game. Some people join new servers only to TW, to conquer barren lands (when it's still fresh). Maybe to test people that were from other servers originally (for example one that comes from Lost City and one from Harshlands and they want to test each other, while starting anew).
    I would even say that they level new characters and this in an extremely fast period just for it.

This also means more boutique items bought and more revenues for PWE. Why would Raging Tides and Archosaur be created then? To relieve a certain part of total gamers from the most crowded servers? True, but a bit dubious still.

And so I don't think there would be a server without it.

To tell you the truth, I do think there are worse games than PWI when it is about PvP and its resulting hostility/rivalry/animosity/harsh love (call it as you will). I think that TW is not even a real contributing factor to the problem.

It's more of a gaming culture, the 'I troll because I want to, I love to be vulgar and diss people up and no filters or GMs would scare me about it' is a recurrent thing.
    Heck, I even recently discussed about it in a thread that was closed.

Good topic you made. Take care!
    If you think that the problem with your server is because of TWs, you are completely wrong. It's a PvP server. Even without TWs, you still would have similar problems.

I guess she said it in general, not about her server or PvP servers in particular.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Can we have a new server without TWs?

No.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No.

The ultimate goal of this game is to PK / TW. Everything you work for, gear, levels, skills, is ultimately building up to PvP.
  • Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    With the rumor of Rank 9 involving TW, no.
  • VanillaCone - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No.

The ultimate goal of this game is to PK / TW. Everything you work for, gear, levels, skills, is ultimately building up to PvP.

I disagree. I play this game to make friends, have fun, and pass a little time during breaks. I think there must be more people that have similar perspective.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I disagree. I play this game to make friends, have fun, and pass a little time during breaks. I think there must be more people that have similar perspective.

Don't bother arguing with him. All he does it seeking for conflict in a cheap way.
    Don't you have anything to reply about my post instead?
  • Jarid - Lost City
    Jarid - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Err what about PvE servers?
    I am just saying.

But I don't think it's going to change anything if TW get's removed.

People stay people and continue doing what they do. They won't stop killing other people randomly. I have seen many other people who aren't in any faction who killed me for no reason at all. Normally they are high level compared to my low level character and that's lame but we have to deal with it. Those people are simply jack-asses for doing so and simply have no life. But can you give them a life? Of course not they choose for virtual things and pride over the internet.

By taking away TW how could they express their pride as a high level known faction player?
    With TW they can express it by taking over territories and saying, HAHA we OWNED u!

If you take it away they will even more randomly kill people and say the very same thing:
    HAHA I OWNED u! or perhaps in the name of their faction.

No don't take it away it will have oposite effect you want.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no?

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just like the title says, can we have a new server without TWs, but rather just the other features of PWI? Please before you start calling me stupid I have a reason for it.

The amount of hostility and belittling that goes on in world chat, and even more prevalently so in the forums is primarily caused by the hatred that people exhibit toward others from competing guilds.lol say wha? Moar QQ on the forums comes from the packs then TW stuff. xD Strangers can become enemies of words without trying to understand each other as persons. Humans do this all the time. Me never expected them and never will expect that to change since it appears to be in their nature. Does a MMORPG must be all about hate? Guilds are becoming an identity for people much like a nationality. We experience so much persecution, war, and stereotypes in real life that I really don't want the same experience in a game in which I play to escape reality. This just be a shortcoming in your self identity. Having guilds that TW sounds like a great idea but people have obviously shown that they cannot treat PWI as a game because of it. And after all, it is just what it is, a game, and it hurts the average player like me to see so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere. Just ignore it, it be amusing that for the near superhuman ability of humans to forget things, they still manage to linger on certain "stuff". With the TW process removed, I can see a huge incentive of all the hate from being removed from the game. No, you don't see. :< Of course, it won't all disappear, but the effect will be tremendously positive. All signs points to decrease in player base, PvE against a non intelligent computer can only keep someone occupied for so long. I believe that people might become nice to each other a bit more if that was the case, maybe.

Please feel free to post your response. And if a mod is able to see this, do you think it's something that you can bring up with a developer? Nope mods can't bring this up with a developer, GMs be the one who filter out ideas and submit them to the developers in China.

^(o.o)^
    squeak
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, TW is an important component of the game. Some people join new servers only to TW, to conquer barren lands (when it's still fresh). Maybe to test people that were from other servers originally (for example one that comes from Lost City and one from Harshlands and they want to test each other, while starting anew).
    I would even say that they level new characters and this in an extremely fast period just for it.

This also means more boutique items bought and more revenues for PWE. Why would Raging Tides and Archosaur be created then? To relieve a certain part of total gamers from the most crowded servers? True, but a bit dubious still.

And so I don't think there would be a server without it.

To tell you the truth, I do think there are worse games than PWI when it is about PvP and its resulting hostility/rivalry/animosity/harsh love (call it as you will). I think that TW is not even a real contributing factor to the problem.

It's more of a gaming culture, the 'I troll because I want to, I love to be vulgar and diss people up and no filters or GMs would scare me about it' is a recurrent thing.
    Heck, I even recently discussed about it in a thread that was closed.

Good topic you made. Take care!

I guess she said it in general, not about her server or PvP servers in particular.

Sorry I didn't respond to this, I thought you had good points. What I think, though, is that TW is just such an old idea that is embedded within our minds that we, as players of PWI, cannot think outside of the box and think what the game will be without. I admit, when people first hear it, their first thought, and perhaps rightfully so, is omg that is so weird and wrong. But believe it or not I actually thought about it for a while and I believe that without TW there will be less pissed off people. As another person mentioned, there will always be more people that feel the need to pwn. While that is true, I definitely believe that the total number of pissed off people will decrease, leading to a more friendly environment. I, for one do not believe that owning land is the ultimate goal to using boutique. I use it for fashion, wings, pets, dragon orbs, etc all the time.
    I guess what I want to ask is...is anyone else a bit disgusted by such intense loathing over a game? Shouldn't something be done to try to help it?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Well, people like you that log on for friendship and admiring fashion are too few to warrant a new server.

Do you ever work to get better gear? Do you set goals in game? Do you wish to progress and one day maybe hit level 100? If not, then you're using this game as some sort of an imvu substitute and that's silly.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    maybe the devs can take PK out of the game completely, i mean, if you die in pk you can lose stuff which has the potential to make you a lot more angry than dying on the TW map.

also, i would like it if we didn't have to kill mobs and more, maybe we could just talk to them and they would give coins, or we feed them to make the less unhappy.

killing is wrong, and we should stop encouraging it.

while we are at it, lets remove "winning" and "losing" from organized sport, be cause everyone knows how depressing it is when your favorite team loses. so i say we stop keeping score, and everyone just has fun for a few hours and then has some lemonade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    maybe the devs can take PK out of the game completely, i mean, if you die in pk you can lose stuff which has the potential to make you a lot more angry than dying on the TW map.

also, i would like it if we didn't have to kill mobs and more, maybe we could just talk to them and they would give coins, or we feed them to make the less unhappy. NEW CLASS! TEH NEGOTIATOR CLASS! XD

killing is wrong, and we should stop encouraging it. It be wrong? O.o' But how else would we maintain the world?

while we are at it, lets remove "winning" and "losing" from organized sport, be cause everyone knows how depressing it is when your favorite team loses. so i say we stop keeping score, and everyone just has fun for a few hours and then has some lemonade. They should also take out the "sport" in "organized sport" and have the players just sit there because someone might get hurt while playing said "sport"

darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sorry I didn't respond to this, I thought you had good points. What I think, though, is that TW is just such an old idea that is embedded within our minds that we, as players of PWI, cannot think outside of the box and think what the game will be without. I admit, when people first hear it, their first thought, and perhaps rightfully so, is omg that is so weird and wrong. But believe it or not I actually thought about it for a while and I believe that without TW there will be less pissed off people. As another person mentioned, there will always be more people that feel the need to pwn. While that is true, I definitely believe that the total number of pissed off people will decrease, leading to a more friendly environment. I, for one do not believe that owning land is the ultimate goal to using boutique. I use it for fashion, wings, pets, dragon orbs, etc all the time.
    I guess what I want to ask is...is anyone else a bit disgusted by such intense loathing over a game? Shouldn't something be done to try to help it?

Hmm... Removing TW would first bring an uproar, then I guess that flustered people would vent even more in world chat, even the peaceful ones. Maybe even a massive 'ragequit', even if their original server would still have TW.
    I don't TW, but I understand the idea.

As for the aggressive behavior you may see in world chat, it is around for some other subjects (such as PvP, achievements and events, levels, gears and such).
    Comparisons between factions is inevitable I guess.

If you wished for a friendlier environment (I did too once, now I don't really dream about it anymore since I resigned about it), it is a concern that PWE should have planned from the start. The culture of competition, created and even confirmed more and more with time is something that you cannot go against.
    A server without people that love to disrupt rules does not exist. It's mere utopia.

And unlike others here that say that removing TW without giving any arguments (probably because they are heavy TW users), I would just say that instead of creating a calmer place, you would instead bring flame and QQ because people would have less to spend their energy and funds in.
    And as they awkwardly said in common, removing it would not remove the *scratches head* culture of taunting, dissing and name-calling ('noob' and variants).
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    can we have a server with the real pwi about a year and a half ago to where it actually took work to lvl???All these freebies are a shame.

better yet make cash shop items non sellable to others..
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

The amount of hostility and belittling that goes on in world chat, and even more prevalently so in the forums is primarily caused by the hatred that people exhibit toward others from competing guilds. Strangers can become enemies of words without trying to understand each other as persons. Does a MMORPG must be all about hate? Guilds are becoming an identity for people much like a nationality. We experience so much persecution, war, and stereotypes in real life that I really don't want the same experience in a game in which I play to escape reality. Having guilds that TW sounds like a great idea but people have obviously shown that they cannot treat PWI as a game because of it. And after all, it is just what it is, a game, and it hurts the average player like me to see so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere. With the TW process removed, I can see a huge incentive of all the hate from being removed from the game. Of course, it won't all disappear, but the effect will be tremendously positive. I believe that people might become nice to each other a bit more if that was the case, maybe.

Please feel free to post your response. And if a mod is able to see this, do you think it's something that you can bring up with a developer?

Great idea.

We could name the server "Deserted Sea" to reflect the server's population.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    can we have a server with the real pwi about a year and a half ago to where it actually took work to lvl???All these freebies are a shame.

better yet make cash shop items non sellable to others..

Hey, now that's a nice idea you got.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

also, i would like it if we didn't have to kill mobs and more, maybe we could just talk to them and they would give coins, or we feed them to make the less unhappy.

killing is wrong, and we should stop encouraging it.

while we are at it, lets remove "winning" and "losing" from organized sport, be cause everyone knows how depressing it is when your favorite team loses. so i say we stop keeping score, and everyone just has fun for a few hours and then has some lemonade.

If PK was taken out, a lot of people would quit.

It's a game, dear. Get over yourself. It's a lame idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Jarid - Lost City
    Jarid - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's more like: Can we have a server where there are no 24/7 players?

Most 'noobs' (that includes me) do not play this game that long every week nor do we level real quick. If it goes even anywhere slower then there would be a server with no-lifer's only?
    Those with highest possible gear and level 100 in just a week. U probably won't even have a chance to win anymore but if so, there will be like very less people around anymore simply because some people actually are smart enough not to play a server where it takes a year to reach level 40 with having a normal life.

So I'd suggest creating such a server too, since on all other servers these no-lifers who are bored all the time can get to do something again and we will have a less amount of pk'ing going on. Meh probably won't happen.

Would be fun to see a server full of no-lifers though.
    I wouldn't say everyone is a no-lifer but those we reach level 90 in 1 week, that's terrible.
    No offence.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If PK was taken out, a lot of people would quit.

It's a game, dear. Get over yourself. It's a lame idea.

Somebody missed the obvious sarcasm.
  • Anyankha - Sanctuary
    Anyankha - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I think you chose the wrong type of server.
    "so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere"
    removing TW won't change anything, that's how pvp servers are, whatever the game is. Seing your post you're obviously a smart and really nice person. If you don't want to feel like being surrounded by 12 year old kids you should move to a pve server. You can still do some pvp if you want to. And you'll find a lot of nice and helpful people there.
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

gtfo4.jpg
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think you chose the wrong type of server.
    "so much bashing, insulting, flaming going on seeminly everywhere"
    removing TW won't change anything, that's how pvp servers are, whatever the game is. Seing your post you're obviously a smart and really nice person. If you don't want to feel like being surrounded by 12 year old kids you should move to a pve server. You can still do some pvp if you want to. And you'll find a lot of nice and helpful people there.

That's a good idea. Harshlands is getting really frustrating with the constant bickering between Zulu and Kylin. Anyway, do you know which PvE server would be best for a friendly environment?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That's a good idea. Harshlands is getting really frustrating with the constant bickering between Zulu and Kylin. Anyway, do you know which PvE server would be best for a friendly environment?

You were horribly mislead, by the way.

Just because there's less open PvP on a PvE server that doesn't mean there's any less ****fights between guilds. Dreamweaver used to be in a state of constant **** between faction A and faction B and then faction D and Y would join in but then faction C would just try and backhand everybody.

Lately, WC has been free of faction vs faction drama from what I've seen, but I'll say it right now:

Expect drama between factions and people anywhere you go. The same standard should also be applied to real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You were horribly mislead, by the way.

Just because there's less open PvP on a PvE server that doesn't mean there's any less ****fights between guilds. Dreamweaver used to be in a state of constant **** between faction A and faction B and then faction D and Y would join in but then faction C would just try and backhand everybody.

Lately, WC has been free of faction vs faction drama from what I've seen, but I'll say it right now:

Expect drama between factions and people anywhere you go. The same standard should also be applied to real life.

That's the problem...I don't want this game to be like real life. It's a fantasy game, it's suppose to be better than real life. Even the title is called perfect world.
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    HOW about no ani packs on the new server for about 2 months, and no hypers for about the same period of time, and only 1 BH a dayb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TL;DR

The bashing and hating and dominating/conquering is pretty much human nature. Manifest Destiny, no? Men especially are geared towards being top dog (I'm not excluding women, though. They can be real devils). Because this is a game, every one of them has the ability to do so. So they're going to try.

And the thing is, we look for differences of any sort to show that we're better than others.

If a new server is made without TW, my best bet of what is going to happen is that there will be a lot more PvP-ing going on. Loads more of it, and loads more QQ-ing about it. More working to the best gear possible and bragging about it. There would be those PvPers and RPKers that people know very well because they'd be even more bored without TW.

Well, there's my two scientific cents. b:surrender