edited July 2010
    Options
    OK lets see the add ups here...
    BM: Heavens Flame...sins has NOTHING in comparison to this skill
    : Fissure ok now we have as much AOES as sins do..but WAIT omg theres MORE
    : Highland cleave
    : Roar of the pride....sins have NOTHING that is as usefull as that
    : Drake Sweep
    : Fan of Flames.. now thats jus wat an AXE only bm can use,,,wat if he can use OTHER weapons like pole axes or fists or swords...thats EVEN more AOES
    in PVE sins cant compare to bms, don't think they can even in PKb:laugh

Plus the main thing is how you can combine a BM with other classes. That's what teamwork is all about, and if it's one thing Perfect World desperately tries to teach the players in PvE, it's teamwork.

A BM that uses dragons combined with a Wizard may be able to OHKO a whole group of mobs.
    A BM combined with a Psy can, between the two of them, keep an entire group of mobs paralyzed for a total of 12 seconds; more than long enough to kill them all.
    A BM combined with any squishy class can act as the tank.

A sin can't really be combined with any class PvE-wise. What they specialize in is 1v1, and for PvE that would mean bosses. Bosses can't be hit with ailments however, which is what sins specialize in. The only way they really benefit the squad in a way that screams "teamwork" is by providing the Bloodpaint buff, and even that only benefits a portion of the squad and only to a certain extent.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most comments I see about favoring BM including the 2 above are from non OP scenarios. Not sure if you guys ever experienced one of these but I agree. If you're moderately geared (or your squad) and not OP then BM > sin. If you're OP then sin > BM in all aspects except rebirth I guess.

Did Illusion Lord with a barb with claws tanking in normal form with bloodpaint no charm and no cleric. Rib Strike helped a lot as well seeing as many times (before using ToP, I guess it was on cooldown) barb was about to die.

Barb in this case was the one OP (and my 3% bloodpaint), I'm not OP yet but I'm working on it XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most comments I see about favoring BM including the 2 above are from non OP scenarios. Not sure if you guys ever experienced one of these but I agree. If you're moderately geared (or your squad) and not OP then BM > sin. If you're OP then sin > BM in all aspects except rebirth I guess.

Did Illusion Lord with a barb with claws tanking in normal form with bloodpaint no charm and no cleric. Rib Strike helped a lot as well seeing as many times (before using ToP, I guess it was on cooldown) barb was about to die.

Barb in this case was the one OP (and my 3% bloodpaint), I'm not OP yet but I'm working on it XD

Because we're talking about PvE.

By the time you're that overpowered, you probably won't be doing much PvE anyways.
    You're basically suggesting that Sins > BMs in PVP because they MIGHT be better (no one can be sure) at END end game when everyone has +12 nirvana gear and warsoul weapons, and that that sliver of PvE superiority makes up for the other 99 levels where a BM would've been better at various instances and grinding.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i wrote a bunch of things but looked at it and deleted it....

this is all i have to say...

"Whether you're a bm or sin, as long as there is a bm in the squad that knows how to coordinate heaven's flames(dragons) and people that knows how to spark; the boss will be dead or will have lost so much hp that you go b:puzzledb:shockedb:pleasedb:victoryb

oh and don't forget about sin's ribstrike makes boss attack 50% slower, 65% slower w/ demon , & -10% hp off boss with sage = makes tanking & recovering hp back w/ bloodpaint wonderful
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    your choice, but sins are squishy b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well depends on you Really .. because BM's are for a-holes and Sins are for Dumb a-holes.. so it's up to you.. GL on your choice b:bye
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

ribstrike also helps venos to 'solo' wurlord
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Gotta go with BM here, might just be me but I'm pretty sure sins have bad DPS when they get 2 shot and lay dieing for awhile while the BM keeps on going.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Gotta go with BM here, might just be me but I'm pretty sure sins have bad DPS when they get 2 shot and lay dieing for awhile while the BM keeps on going.

Maybe stop squadding with fail sins b:bye
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd much rather have a herc veno for rebirth than a sin. Veno can farm faster, can do quests faster, and when all the beans are collected they're far superior since they can do some damage rather than a sin who does his ONE aoe skill and then becomes useless.
    I LOLed.

Subsea Strike: 30% AOE amplify for 8 secs (50% for sage...) and decent damage. 2-spark requirement is null, due to Inner Harmony and other chi gain plus chi auras on top.

Earthen Rift: AOE with 400% weapon damage (430% for sage). 8 sec cooldown.

Venos have, uh, Parasitic Nova (which is awesome) and what? Noxious Gas?

b:bye
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've played both up to level 6x and so far it's really a draw.

For the sin, the damage output and stealth options are amazing.

BM's though - heavy armor, weapon flexibility, stuns, and aoe's.

BM's are more accepted in squads though which makes the BH's easier.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I LOLed.

Subsea Strike: 30% AOE amplify for 8 secs (50% for sage...) and decent damage. 2-spark requirement is null, due to Inner Harmony and other chi gain plus chi auras on top.

Earthen Rift: AOE with 400% weapon damage (430% for sage). 8 sec cooldown.

Venos have, uh, Parasitic Nova (which is awesome) and what? Noxious Gas?

b:bye
    well i know that demon nova has exactly the same numbers. i havent met any sage sin yet but plenty of venos going demon plus they can have like perma 11m/s for quest. noxious gas isnt bad but not that good either plus you forgot myriad rainbow (aoe one). i said that a sin can replace a veno but didnt say that will do that job beter. another thing, usually pet die at some bosses and i better tank them from range with my charm. a sin doesnt have my hp/mdef to tank unless he has very good gear