edited July 2010
    Options
    yes, you can kite something that sticks to you like glue
    i like potato
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Stop saying "its a pvp server what do you expect?". The point isn't a QQ about being pked, its the douchy nature of most sins.

Off topic: class that attract A-Holes the most are sins, wizards and BMs
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Last time I checked, a BM couldn't come out of nowhere to stun.

And obviously you haven't come across any scary sins... i have 8100hp with 6300phys def and i get 1 shotted by certain sins, unable to do anything about it. Any other class at least you can see them coming and prepare accordingly.

Hmm i have almost 12k hp buffed and i haven't been 1 shot by a sins yet.

I do get 1 shot a lot, but by wizards and barbs hitting me for 15-20k and cant do anything about it beside maybe sell my car and +10 my gear and socket +30 defense level b:chuckle

But yeah other classes cant sneak up on you like sins, unless you have something else on target or looking away you have a chance to resist/immune/interrupt a wizards spells.

I think main area where sins are OP is in pve, the fact they can out dps a 5 aps fist BM by far is kinda ridiculous. They are also slightly to strong in 1v1 pk, but so are endgame barbs. In group pvp like TW sins are kinda bleh. But doesn't pretty much everyone have a 90-99+ sin alt these days anyway.
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Stop saying "its a pvp server what do you expect?". The point isn't a QQ about being pked, its the douchy nature of most sins.

Off topic: class that attract A-Holes the most are sins, wizards and BMs

I don't agree most sins do that kind of thing. How do you know its not 50/50? Do you know most sins? No and neither do I so there ya go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't agree most sins do that kind of thing. How do you know its not 50/50? Do you know most sins? No and neither do I so there ya go.

Little do most people know, I play a 6x sin and I keep it pretty copestetic most of the time when I do play but although most sins I've met were pretty douchy. Not only in pvp ut just the personality in general. Not to say I haven't seen some good sins.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i hate you too! b:angry
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most sins I have met - and I use the word with caution because I generally do not party with many at all - are respectable in personality. They aren't asshats and they don't sit around and try to grief people on purpose.

But then again, I have met sins who will grief, call names and harass simply because they can and of all the classes, sins are the worst to be this way in my experience.

PQ is a great example, I'll have sins come along and double spark on an elite mob I happen to be tanking, and they will rage and call me every name under the sun.So of course when I desummon the Hercules and let them take aggro, laughing as they flee to safety or simply die, they then promise me they'll kill me, tell me to go PK mode, etc. etc. Several high level assassins I see in PK mode are equally as snobby and mean-spirited and jerkish.

I'm not saying it's the rule, but I'm not about to say it's the exception either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There are a lot of children playing so it's not right to say one class is at fault. And like other posters have said -PvP server means never having to say you're sorry for a pk.

If someone is preventing you from doing a quest, you can ticket them for harassment. Good luck with that.

Best advice - reroll on a PvE server and get to play the game.

It's funny though that the assassin is so squishy he has to call someone to help.
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Little do most people know, I play a 6x sin and I keep it pretty copestetic most of the time when I do play but although most sins I've met were pretty douchy. Not only in pvp ut just the personality in general. Not to say I haven't seen some good sins.

My point is you shouldn't say "most" when you don't know the majority to be able to say that all or most behaive in a certain way. It would be more appropriate to say something like: "Most of the sins I see" because the amount changes from person to person. Since your opinion or any one elses is subject to the amount of players of X type/class they encounter. But, I think you understood that :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, I'll just say that no matter what class this guy would have picked, he's quite cowardly and an idiot. But hey.
    Do not hate all because of one.

And yes, do join a PvE server, it will do good for you.
    There are a lot of children playing so it's not right to say one class is at fault.

Don't forget about big kids that never grew up properly mentality-wise... And 24/7 trolls too.

(Dang, my darker side is popping up)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In my experience (and this is just my own opinion), the Tideborn as a whole seem to attract an above-average level of immature, rude, or obnoxious players. Not to say there aren't nice ones, just that there still seems to be more bad apples than fresh. Aside from that... eh, it's the risk you run playing on a PvP server (and, to a lesser degree, entering PK mode on a PvE). You're bound to run into those types, regardless of class.

Also - anyone about to post "cool story bro" needs to be slapped. Let that stupid overused troll-meme die.

Well assassins are squishy melee, I played a sin and wow, kiting with puncture wound made me lol.. Anyways, the OP mentioned about barb too? o_o, too bad OP... I don't like playing assassins, forced to kite with OP bleed lol. And venoes tank hits better than sins in LA... wtf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well assassins are squishy melee, I played a sin and wow, kiting with puncture wound made me lol.. Anyways, the OP mentioned about barb too? o_o, too bad OP... I don't like playing assassins, forced to kite with OP bleed lol. And venoes tank hits better than sins in LA... wtf

Bro, you bore me now.
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1.ignore Yulk(sorry had to say itb:laugh)

2.If your going to complain about being PKed by a sin or any class in general, roll a PVE server o_o.

3.Assassins the class does not attract quote "jerks etc" it is the person playing that has a problem.

4.Ignore Yulk

5.Just in-case you have not noticed, alot of these apparent "jerks" are just alts of people who already have that personality(I wont say any names of course).

Just from my experience of course.
  • Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Assassin with 30k hp...
    -hides-
  • Raticus - Lost City
    Raticus - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my problem is not getting pked. i know im on a pvp server and that its going to happen. my problem is that assassins are usually jerks
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so i was doing this quest which was one of those where you have to kill a lot of monsters, and this assassin comes over and starts killing the same thing as me. no big deal. i just keep killing the same monsters. then about 5 minutes later, this high lvl barbarian comes over, kills me, and buffs the assassin. i go to town and come back. the barbarian kills me again no matter how many times i try to come back. i finally asked him why he was killing me, and he says something like, "he (the assassin) finally took you off his KOS and you came back and started another fight with him". first of all, i had NEVER EVEN SEEN THAT ASSASSIN BEFORE. second of all, ALL I WAS DOING WAS KILLING MONSTERS. so that means the assassin was a liar on top of him being upset at me killing the same monsters as him (im guessing thats what the reason was). and so he cried to his big brother to come kill me. i can't even believe someone could be so pathetic. that isnt the only time assassins have been complete jerks to me for no reason, either. i got pked by them several times in the last couple of days. so now i officially hate assassins. and if anyone agrees with me they can post here. b:angry

You can send in a ticket about the thing underlined above, with screen shots as proof.

... and if you can't stand them , rerolling in a PvE server might be what you want.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my problem is not getting pked. i know im on a pvp server and that its going to happen. my problem is that assassins are usually jerks

Its not the Assassins that are jerks its the people who play as them and that go's for every other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No offence to the nice ppl who play sins but most who chose the sins on a pk server are the ones who want free pk points and want everything their way lol. The class its self is geared to appeal to jerks (i belive someone else said this in another post).

Also its a common occurance on pvp servers that if you do something that even remotely makes someone mad (even if its stupid like you kill a mob faster or something like that)they try to pk you or they have someone else pk you (the latter is just pure noob if you wanna start with someone atleast have the courage to do it yourself) not much you can do.

lol ninjaed QQ

+1

Assassins + PvP server = don't be so naiive to think you'll have peace grinding like in a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ah and venos are just plain mean! (@Yamiko)
    Yamiko is so mean to me b:cry
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yamiko is so mean to me b:cry
    see!

assassins are AMERICA

(weird people who left good ol'europe for a new beginning)

*hides*
    i like potato
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok, I have a question how come you can't come up with a fight back strategy of some kind? I mean since you know assassins do it, aren't you technically expecting it from one that comes to try to pk you? Shouldn't there be a way to defend against it half the time or something? I mean "if there's a will, there's a way" Just wondering.

Maybe when you've actually experienced it, you'll know there's nothing you can do except:
    1. go blue name or stay in town all the time
    2. spend mega $$$ refining so you have like 12k hp so you don't get 1 shotted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wait you really can be banned for Pking the same person over and over again b:shocked?
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wait you really can be banned for Pking the same person over and over again b:shocked?

Hmm, there should be a widget in the website named 'Random facts' and one piece of info would be about harrassment. I'm sure it would teach you a lot. ^^
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

yes if you continously pk the same person over and over so they cannot do anything then it can be considered griefing or harrassment they submit a ticket you get banned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yes if you continously pk the same person over and over so they cannot do anything then it can be considered griefing or harrassment they submit a ticket you get banned

He was sarcastic I think, yes?
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's the risk you take being on a PvP server.

Then again, I chose to eliminate that problem by using a sin to have stealth effect >_>.....But that's only cause I dislike having to worry about somebody coming outta nowhere (minus another sin) and killing me w/o me being able to even see who it is :s

Sin just allows me to force stealth and then I can see who it is who is trying to kill me and then I can fight back :3
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He was sarcastic I think, yes?

possible but now hes been informed lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yoyoki - Lost City
    Yoyoki - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so i was doing this quest which was one of those where you have to kill a lot of monsters, and this assassin comes over and starts killing the same thing as me. no big deal. i just keep killing the same monsters. then about 5 minutes later, this high lvl barbarian comes over, kills me, and buffs the assassin. i go to town and come back. the barbarian kills me again no matter how many times i try to come back. i finally asked him why he was killing me, and he says something like, "he (the assassin) finally took you off his KOS and you came back and started another fight with him". first of all, i had NEVER EVEN SEEN THAT ASSASSIN BEFORE. second of all, ALL I WAS DOING WAS KILLING MONSTERS. so that means the assassin was a liar on top of him being upset at me killing the same monsters as him (im guessing thats what the reason was). and so he cried to his big brother to come kill me. i can't even believe someone could be so pathetic. that isnt the only time assassins have been complete jerks to me for no reason, either. i got pked by them several times in the last couple of days. so now i officially hate assassins. and if anyone agrees with me they can post here. b:angry

I agree."Most" sins are jerks because of the fact already mentioned about 100 times.Easy pk class, especially 1v1 and it will naturally attract people who love a good brag about some easy kills.
    Every class has jerks, sins just make up the bulk of them.
  • Oceanism - Archosaur
    Oceanism - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so if this was done by clerics or blademasters, would you also make a thread saying how much you hate them?
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No Lesthar *facepalms* I was being serious. It is just they allow pking, yet you cant pk the same person over and over againb:chuckle. But thank you for the clarificationb:victory.
This discussion has been closed.