I hate assassins

Raticus - Lost City
Raticus - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
so i was doing this quest which was one of those where you have to kill a lot of monsters, and this assassin comes over and starts killing the same thing as me. no big deal. i just keep killing the same monsters. then about 5 minutes later, this high lvl barbarian comes over, kills me, and buffs the assassin. i go to town and come back. the barbarian kills me again no matter how many times i try to come back. i finally asked him why he was killing me, and he says something like, "he (the assassin) finally took you off his KOS and you came back and started another fight with him". first of all, i had NEVER EVEN SEEN THAT ASSASSIN BEFORE. second of all, ALL I WAS DOING WAS KILLING MONSTERS. so that means the assassin was a liar on top of him being upset at me killing the same monsters as him (im guessing thats what the reason was). and so he cried to his big brother to come kill me. i can't even believe someone could be so pathetic. that isnt the only time assassins have been complete jerks to me for no reason, either. i got pked by them several times in the last couple of days. so now i officially hate assassins. and if anyone agrees with me they can post here. b:angry
Post edited by Raticus - Lost City on

Comments

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You're on a PvP server. What did you expect? /roll-eyes
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In my experience (and this is just my own opinion), the Tideborn as a whole seem to attract an above-average level of immature, rude, or obnoxious players. Not to say there aren't nice ones, just that there still seems to be more bad apples than fresh. Aside from that... eh, it's the risk you run playing on a PvP server (and, to a lesser degree, entering PK mode on a PvE). You're bound to run into those types, regardless of class.

Also - anyone about to post "cool story bro" needs to be slapped. Let that stupid overused troll-meme die.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No offence to the nice ppl who play sins but most who chose the sins on a pk server are the ones who want free pk points and want everything their way lol. The class its self is geared to appeal to jerks (i belive someone else said this in another post).

Also its a common occurance on pvp servers that if you do something that even remotely makes someone mad (even if its stupid like you kill a mob faster or something like that)they try to pk you or they have someone else pk you (the latter is just pure noob if you wanna start with someone atleast have the courage to do it yourself) not much you can do.

lol ninjaed QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I hate sins too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok, one the barb pked you not the assassin (He lied which doesn't say much for him though....on top of that he apparently was also a coward..) , second your in pvp server what do you expect? Any one there is going to pk you....not just assassins. Its just you've been unlucky in getting pked by it sounds like a couple. Plus, your low lvl too which makes you a prime target for any jerk on your server to pk you...not just assassins. Also, I and I know several other assassins are nice but than I'm on a PvE server so there ya go. Either way its not the class its more your server, to stone us all for what jerks there are in are class is an unfair bias.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In my experience (and this is just my own opinion), the Tideborn as a whole seem to attract an above-average level of immature, rude, or obnoxious players. Not to say there aren't nice ones, just that there still seems to be more bad apples than fresh. Aside from that... eh, it's the risk you run playing on a PvP server (and, to a lesser degree, entering PK mode on a PvE). You're bound to run into those types, regardless of class.

Also - anyone about to post "cool story bro" needs to be slapped. Let that stupid overused troll-meme die.

different types of ppl pick different classes :)

assasin type: "haha i pwn *oh yeah* u all suck so much"
    bardmaster: "leeeeroooooy...."
    barb: "beat me! pick me! bite me! call me animal names!"
    wizard: "QQQQQQQ"
    psych: *ragequit*

ah and venos are just plain mean! (@Yamiko)
    i like potato
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    different types of ppl pick different classes :)

assasin type: "haha i pwn *oh yeah* u all suck so much"
    bardmaster: "leeeeroooooy...."
    barb: "beat me! pick me! bite me! call me animal names!"
    wizard: "QQQQQQQ"
    psych: *ragequit*

ah and venos are just plain mean! (@Yamiko)

Stop stereo-typing -.- That's like not true and not even funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    yaeh of course its not everyone lol :)

but thats what u see, right?
    i like potato
  • BellaKitsune - Raging Tide
    BellaKitsune - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well I have to agree with one point here, that there do seem to be more mean people on the sin class, BUT I do not think this is a reason to hate the entire class. I play a sin sometimes, and I've always tried to be nice to people. My sister plays a sin and she'll hang around boss type monsters, like farng for example to see if anyone needs help, I also have several friends who are sins who very nice and try to help when able. So while there are some mean people on this class there are nice people too.

As for you being pked, that is a risk you run on a pvp server, which is why I don't play on one. The pvp thing never really interested me though. It's too bad that most of the sins you've met have been mean to you, but there are nice ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    yaeh of course its not everyone lol :)

but thats what u see, right?

That's what I hear people say about them. I mean I've met idiots and jerks of all types playing the diff classes (most of them people who pk....). But, most everyone I meet are nice people, but stereo types make every class out to be worse then they are...and I find that irritating. Like it makes tons a sense to say: "out of billions of people, I've seen 5 people of such and such class who do this, this and this! That whole class are jerks! grrr" like really lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the only thing i hate assasins for is the fact that they have a 6 second stun which is just not needed, use that on a robe user, there dead b4 the 6 seconds are up, OP much?
    cant do anything about em, OP fish is OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited July 2010
    the only thing i hate assasins for is the fact that they have a 6 second stun which is just not needed, use that on a robe user, there dead b4 the 6 seconds are up, OP much?

That's if they don't 1 shot u.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm sorry you got pushed around like that :\

Hopefully, what comes around goes around. If you ever choose a PvE server, like Raging Tides, this fish (me :D ) is always happy to lend a hand :)
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010

It may be OP in PvP (note I say "may") but that's just PvP. It's also very useful in PvE and if you take it away from one you take from the other. And no offense but PvE can be enough of a struggle as it is, our stun/stuns are great for archer mobs, bosses, saving someone who get's aggro in like FB or something and starts running away with the mob.....etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    in My Experience (and This Is Just My Own Opinion), The Tideborn As A Whole Seem To Attract An Above-average Level Of Immature, Rude, Or Obnoxious Players. Not To Say There Aren't Nice Ones, Just That There Still Seems To Be More Bad Apples Than Fresh. Aside From That... Eh, It's The Risk You Run Playing On A Pvp Server (and, To A Lesser Degree, Entering Pk Mode On A Pve). You're Bound To Run Into Those Types, Regardless Of Class.

also - Anyone About To Post "cool Story Bro" Needs To Be Slapped. Let That Stupid Overused Troll-meme die.

cool Story Bro!
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    renza this thread is not about the unbalanced pvp system >_>
    its about the personality of those stabbie fish xD

its some Players in PK, regardless of class

PKing someone you can kill easy as pie over and over again gives them some satisfaction i dont understand..

--- assassin is only a class considered "overpowered" in 1vs1 situations,
    ~jerk dislikes challenge ~jerk picks assassin for the win :) so you have a lot of jerks making the other assassins look bad :P

*following: a little QQ to fit in my stereotype*
    i get 1shot by lvl90 assasins with non-refined green weapons

EDIT: Mi$t is a good example of the common assasin :P?
    i like potato
  • Vixenwraith - Harshlands
    Vixenwraith - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    First, not all players who play Assassins are 'jerks'. I am a Veno on Harshlands PvP server and I find that 95 per cent of Assassins I meet are just fine. If I'm questing to kill 'X' amount of mobs, and an Assassin is on the same quest, I generally find they Party up with me and we have a good conversation in Party chat as we progress. At the end we have generally gone our own way and no problem.

Also, on two difficult boss mobs, an Assassin has helped me out to kill the boss and I've been greatful. So, in general, I have no problem with the majority. HOWEVER, in defence of the OP, I have met several 'jerks' who seem to run around causing as much misery as possible. My Blacklist has six player Assassins who have PK'd me over and over again during the last 5 weeks for the mere fun of it, and in my opinion, to cause me as much grief as possible. I won't group with them, I don't recieve messages from them because they are on my blacklist, and every single time I see them, they are red named. Most of the Assassins, post level 30, that I see are White named, but those on my Blacklist are usually red named whenever I see them.

The problem many of us on the PvP server have with Assassins is not the fact that we get PK'd, we accept that as a way of life, it's that we have absolutely no chance whatsoever to defend ourselves. By the time we know an assassin is around, we are stunned and dead without being able to get a shot off or to make a defensive move. I'm a veno, paper armored and almost totally relying on my pet, but I've held my own against every class except Assassin, and that's because I can see the other classes coming. If they are white named I am cautious and make ready a defensive move, if they are any shade of red, I generally get the hell out, but I have no chance of making any of those decisions if an Assassin decides to PK me.

By far the majority of times I have been PK'd is from Assassins, and not once have I seen them coming. My first indication is when the assassin pops up from Stealth right behind me, but there's nothing I can do.

In Summary. Most players who play Assassins on the PvP servers are fine, but as other people have said, there are those that just go out of their way to harass and grief. I regard those people as the exception not the rule. The problem is that once an assassin makes up his mind to PK, there's not a lot you can do about it as we have no way to know they are there, have no chance to defend, no chance to get an offensive move off, and generally end up dead. Assassins are NOT overpowered as such, you can generally take out a same level assassin easily if you get the drop on them. What makes them a pain is the Stealth skill and the continuous Stunning. That's not PvP, that's shooting fish in a barrel, and until a game mechanic is introduced that gives us a better chance to detect them, then the class will continue to attract the sort of people who will take advantage of those skills to obtain the 'I must be an Elite player cos I can kill players 10 levels above me - blah blah blah bragging rights, blah blah' type of person.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    LOL, It's not sins you hate it's the person who was playing that sin and chances are the
    biggest as* holes will always pick the easiest class to exploit in pk mode, atm being sins.

So it rolls through and through, the same jerks behind different names and classes.
    As I have seem some of the most idiotic immature players that were barbs, wizzies and clerics.

Don't like being at the mercy of people with issues..? switch to PvE. b:cute
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PvE servers exist for people like you.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010

For starters assassins don't even have a 6 second stun unless they get demon headhunt. They have a 5 second stun and a 3 second stun. I honestly can't believe you QQ about 6 second OP stun when a BM has 2 of them.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For starters assassins don't even have a 6 second stun unless they get demon headhunt. They have a 5 second stun and a 3 second stun. I honestly can't believe you QQ about 6 second OP stun when a BM has 2 of them.

Not implying assassins are OP or whatever, but at least you can see a BM running towards you and channeling their stun. That way you can at least have some time to pop an anti-stun, use some genie skills, run away, whatever. You don't get that with sins. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010

Tackling slash is a 6 sec stun, At least according to the description. So, what are you talking about we don't have a 6 sec stun? well, actually it immobilizes but its not much different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Yeah I find it funny. All this QQ about sin stuns is kinda weird. BMs have better stuns. The fact that sins can always go back to stealth sucks. Can I kill you? No? Okay, off I go then. So does their skill to evade physical attacks.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I find it funny. All this QQ about sin stuns is kinda weird. BMs have better stuns. The fact that sins can always go back to stealth sucks. Can I kill you? No? Okay, off I go then. So does their skill to evade physical attacks.

Pity you conveniently left out 1 important point... sins can stun you and you won't see it coming, BMs you can see coming from a mile away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010

why are bm stuns better? i dont get it
    both classes can succesfully stunlock a char for ages..
    (involoving a sleep on assasin but yeah, time to reset cooldowns?)
    not to mention most chars drop in the first stun vs assassin anyways

b:surrender aint there already threads about this

b:chuckle
    this thread -> fish being mean cookies
    not -> Proof that some tideborn skills are a tad overpowered after all (I tried assassin)
    i like potato
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    When you've worked for months and built up, got your TT99 gold armor, refined, sharded, and all that good stuff... then a Sin can casually walk over and 1-shot you?

Yes, that is overpowered. This game was well-balanced for the 6 classes, imo.

Another way you can look at it: go to SP area and see all the packs of sins roaming around, red-named. Now, why would sooo many people choose sins, hmmm? Could it be that they have some kind of advantage? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tackling slash is a 6 sec stun, At least according to the description. So, what are you talking about we don't have a 6 sec stun? well, actually it immobilizes but its not much different

Immobilize =/= stun. You can still do stuff during immobolization like stun/sleep the sin and fight back.
    why are bm stuns better? i dont get it
    both classes can succesfully stunlock a char for ages..
    (involoving a sleep on assasin but yeah, time to reset cooldowns?)
    not to mention most chars drop in the first stun vs assassin anyways

Why are BM stuns better? Hmm...let's see...they have more stuns, they last longer, they have shorter cooldowns, one of them is aoe, they use less chi. Need I go on?

Then there's the fact that shadow teleport has a 3 minute cooldown so that gets 1 use in a fight max. Then you're relying on one 5 second stun, a 4 second silence and a 5 second sleep to try and "simulate" stun lock when we all know it's not really the same. You basically have to time and use these skills perfectly or it's ridiculously easy to break free. Meanwhile a BM can effortlessly just chain cast one stun as soon as the last one runs out. Then the assassin gets called the noob class that requires no skill to play. Ironic much?

And don't tell me the fight is over after the 1st stun because it's not in any equal fight between equally skilled players. Definitely not against HA. Maybe against AA but a BM can do that too if a sin can.
    When you've worked for months and built up, got your TT99 gold armor, refined, sharded, and all that good stuff... then a Sin can casually walk over and 1-shot you?

If a sin 1 shot you with those equips, then they probably spent more money than you period. And considering their strongest attack has a 100% weapon mod + 8k damage, then every other class can 1-shot you too because they all have more powerful skills at their disposal.
    edited July 2010

Why are BM stuns better? Hmm...let's see...they have more stuns, they last longer, they have shorter cooldowns, one of them is aoe, they use less chi. Need I go on?

Meanwhile a BM can effortlessly just chain cast one stun as soon as the last one runs out. Then the assassin gets called the noob class that requires no skill to play. Ironic much?

And don't tell me the fight is over after the 1st stun because it's not in any equal fight between equally skilled players. Definitely not against HA. Maybe against AA but a BM can do that too if a sin can.

If a sin 1 shot you with those equips, then they probably spent more money than you period. And considering their strongest attack has a 100% weapon mod + 8k damage, then every other class can 1-shot you too because they all have more powerful skills at their disposal.

Last time I checked, a BM couldn't come out of nowhere to stun.

And obviously you haven't come across any scary sins... i have 8100hp with 6300phys def and i get 1 shotted by certain sins, unable to do anything about it. Any other class at least you can see them coming and prepare accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This has nothing to do with the Assassin class...For all you know it could have been an Archer and you'd hate them instead.
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Immobilize =/= stun. You can still do stuff during immobolization like stun/sleep the sin and fight back.

True, but any class like maybe wizards or psychics that might try to kite to win wouldn't be able to. So, it might seem no different to them. Just a thought.
    Last time I checked, a BM couldn't come out of nowhere to stun.

And obviously you haven't come across any scary sins... i have 8100hp with 6300phys def and i get 1 shotted by certain sins, unable to do anything about it. Any other class at least you can see them coming and prepare accordingly.

Ok, I have a question how come you can't come up with a fight back strategy of some kind? I mean since you know assassins do it, aren't you technically expecting it from one that comes to try to pk you? Shouldn't there be a way to defend against it half the time or something? I mean "if there's a will, there's a way" Just wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.