[Emergency Server Maintenance] 7-22-10 [Complete]

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PWE just can't take (well-deserved) criticism and it still refuses to comment on all of its issues.

Yep. It just gets brushed off as spam and they even dare to put the blame on you.

It's rather sickening to see ''Oh maybe we should get the banhammer out, stop making threads herp derp'' while if they weren't locked in the first place, people wouldn't have to open other threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Everyone who has posted here needs to do a 3 days log out. Let the servers become a ghost town.
    edited July 2010
    Everyone who has posted here needs to do a 3 days log out. Let the servers become a ghost town.

I doubt you would even notice them being gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Looks like the end could be near.....seriously <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited July 2010
    Looks like the end could be near.....seriously <.<

PWI is getting a rather bad reputation, when I'm playing through xfire (chat program that shows which game you are playing at the moment to you friends and friends' friends) I get the occasional PM from a friend ''lol you're seriously playing that game?''.

Here's some other stats:

Xfire Rank:
    #59 down from #43 yesterday
    Highest: #13 on 2008-10-05

(this is in minutes played per day by xfire users)

As you can see PWI went down by a serious lot since 2008. It's sad that xfire doesn't record this over a longer period of time cause I'd like to see how anniversary packs affected PWI's popularity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    YAY 2x!
    DOUBLE YAY packs during 2x...Oh wait we don't get 2x drops from packs. DOUBLE BLEH packs are back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I still find it funny most people below lvl 70 post here "yay cash!!"

most people lvl 80+ post "ugh.....this is bull****."

While people between the 70-80 range are saying "wtf? Are you seirously going to make me have to get a credit/debit card just so I can afford to even be in this game anymore!!!?"
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just when pwi felt "peaceful" for 3 weeks, the GMs come and ruin it .... again zzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReiketsuXI - Dreamweaver
    ReiketsuXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well there are some bright sides to having packs if u really think about it, all the items from the packs go down and make it possible for other people to get lunar capes and weapons.... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    well there are some bright sides to having packs if u really think about it, all the items from the packs go down and make it possible for other people to get lunar capes and weapons.... b:surrender

Or we should just be able to obtain these items from their respective dungeons by old fashioned mat farming instead of leaving the dungeons broken with these packs as the only way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    They promised to not hurt me anymore.... b:nosebleed

D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Or we should just be able to obtain these items from their respective dungeons by old fashioned mat farming instead of leaving the dungeons broken with these packs as the only way out.

i totally agree but its not like that at all and we have to go with what we have at the time being...... which is packs b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    i totally agree but its not like that at all and we have to go with what we have at the time being...... which is packs b:lipcurl

Which is exactly what they want people to do and gives them the opportunity to keep them in there for as long as they want.

Basically we stop buying them = changes are made.

Any expectation that this will ever happen would just be fooling yourself though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    everyone knew the packs would be back by the end of the week. if you didnt you are a moron. the only thing i am confused about is how it can take 2 hours to put in a pack sale?

oh well not like i care anyway i will have logged off this boring **** game long before server goes down. i'd never log in again if i wasnt forced to by the damn woman.

Most knew packs would be back soon it's just that we all expected tuesday which is the regular maintenance time. Plenty of time to sell extra sunshine packs that are now useless for at least 3 weeks.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Most knew packs would be back soon it's just that we all expected tuesday which is the regular maintenance time. Plenty of time to sell extra sunshine packs that are now useless for at least 3 weeks.

It is not even that...Emergency Maintenance for this?

LAWL....makes no sense b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2010
    Which is exactly what they want people to do and gives them the opportunity to keep them in there for as long as they want.

Basically we stop buying them = changes are made.

Any expectation that this will ever happen would just be fooling yourself though.

Well we all know that there is some people that are going to keep buying them.... Like trying to get the whole class to skip, always going to be some people that just wont go along for the better of things b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    always going to be some people that just wont go along for the better of things b:scorn

Which is this case would be 90% of the playerbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010

This emergency maintenance ruined me getting my hh100 fists for a while. b:cry
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This emergency maintenance ruined me getting my hh100 fists for a while. b:cry

I have been dealing with a virus....b:surrender

I think I got the bugger though and all seems ok so far b:cute

(knock on wood)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have been dealing with a virus....b:surrender

I think I got the bugger though and all seems ok so far b:cute

(knock on wood)

Biological or digital virus?
    O.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Which is this case would be 90% of the playerbase.

yup its a shame >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bean - Lost City
    Bean - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ... And so the brave and fearless GMs, when faced with the dual plight of angry investers who noticed a recent two week profit slide coupled with the rants of a few deranged players who do not notice the big picture of fiscal responsibility, decided to give in to their demands.

My friends, PWi.... free to player forever, and pay to play... b:sad ... a moment of silence as we reminisce on the days when getting hh 60 weapons and farming for yourself actually meant something.
    A level 100 BM trapped in a 58 Cleric Forum Pic... These Pikachus are on a hunger-strike / slap fest until the forum moderators and/or GMs fix this issue... kthxbai b:angry

"What would Pikachu Do?"-Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear
    Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Q_Q i farm for my self n such..
    edited July 2010
    Q_Q i farm for my self n such..

You would be amazed to see how much more rewarding it was in those days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear
    Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i've played like.. a dozen MMO's semi-extensively. I know how it feels when people get screwed over by the Cash Shop system. It's why i'll never play **removed** or **removed** again

If it happens to PWI i'm going back to **removed** :\
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010

This. They've already shown that they're more than capable of changing cash shop items without needing to do maint... so wtf is an emergency maint now really needed for?
  • TehKin - Lost City
    TehKin - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The Kin is getting sick of all these packs nowadays. Back after closed beta, during open beta, people were warning them not to release the Anniversary packs. That the rewards there killed the PW-MY game. Those people knew what they were talking about too, and sure enough..The anniversary comes and packs are released, the economy spirals out of control. After that it's just been bad decision after bad decision.

The Kin says that you guys (PWI) need to stand up to your marketing department and say "Hey. That's enough. The players are fed up with it and the economy is beyond broken." But will that happen? Of course not. A good game leads to more money. Your marketing department needs to stop worrying about these stupid sales and **** and giving weapons away. Hell it's so bad that who farms for their frost weapons anymore? Meh, The Kin doesn't play anymore simply because there's no desire to. The Kin logs in, looks around and then logs off. When there's so many level 100's roaming around with nirvana and +10 gear and easily obtained endgame gear, then why play? Legendary items are called legendary for a reason. They're supposed to be rare. But noo, just GIVE the frost weapons out for free. Imbeciles. Your marketing department should have been besieged by an angry Accretian for the decision to implement the packs with the force signs and gear. /endrant. (Kudos to anyone who gets the reference above)
  • Dire_Straits - Raging Tide
    Dire_Straits - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just when pwi felt "peaceful" for 3 weeks, the GMs come and ruin it .... again zzz

You mean 1 week. Sunshine packs sale ended July 14th

Mar 17th - Mar 31st (Coral Packs)

1 week break

Apr 7th - Apr 13th (Year of Tiger Packs)
    Apr 13th - Apr 20th (Year of Tiger Packs) (time extended)
    Apr 20th - May 5th (Year of Tiger Packs) (time extended)

2 week break

May 19th - June 16th (Year of Tiger Packs)
    June 16th - July 14th (Sunshine Packs) - (continuous sale)

1 week break

Jul 22nd - Aug 11th (Year of Tiger Packs)

Unfortunately, pwi news site didn't go back further than that.

In layman terms -
    2 week sale - 1 week break - 1 month sale - 2 week break - 2 month sale - 1 week break - 3 week sale (will most likely be changed to be continuous sale)

Emergency maintenance for pack indeed, since 1 dragon orb sale was announced to be on sale next week.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^ By popular demand?
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ah wonderful forum spam from people being pissed about this really really stupid decision. go PWE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
This discussion has been closed.