Land Suggestion

Options
SilverMinx - Lost City
SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
KK gonna brace myself for some epic flames but...

I would like to suggest to the GM/GD's to revert lands to open status once the Max Refund has been reached :)

This, in my opinion, will keep TW'ing lively and prevent a tiresome monopoly on lands. Once lands have reached max refund they are not doing the owner any more good (yes except Archo and 1K, I know) and the opportunity for other guilds to own will increase.

I do think it was great CQ reset map, the early days after were the greatest for TW and I would hate to see a monochromatic map again. Yes, I do recognize the possibility tho sincerely hope Ess will not be successful, not if Spec has anything to do about it LOL.

Anyway just a suggestion and may the awful, mean, hurtful, immature comments flow...GOGOGO LOL

Cheers!
Post edited by SilverMinx - Lost City on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am sure if Essence wins the map they will indeed restart if you want to call it that.

But there is no way the DEV team would take away someones hard earned achievements because some people want TW to be "lively".

I was here for the last 1 Million QQ threads requesting this (not saying yours is QQ since you have written it a bit better) and its clear that it will never happen.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no need for that when twcoins will be replaced by ~100mirages with one of the sooner or later upcoming patches...D:
    i'm looking forward to see territory owner QQ about it...b:chuckle
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no need for that when twcoins will be replaced by ~100mirages with one of the sooner or later upcoming patches...D:
    i'm looking forward to see territory owner QQ about it...b:chuckle

That's not the only thing about TW that will prob be changing soon. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    only idiots will try to reset the map once they got all the territories.

if i was daikoku, i keep the land n earn money to buy awesome gears
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options

It was EPICALLY boring be able to defend triple attacks.

Hell...the cata teams = 1st war --> Defeat then port to next war --> Defeat then port to final war = Defeat

Done with 30minutes b:sweat

This is not to say that things would have changed, but the decision had been made long before the entire map was taken b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SilverMinx - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options

I don't know this for sure but probably almost all land had reached Max Refund, so no more income. Then what is the point of keeping it and so boring cause people just stopped bothering to TW at all, towards the end anyways.

If lands reset after the Max Refund is reached, it would benefit everyone. The only thing lost is the "Bragging Rights" of conquering the entire world (no pun intended lol).

A couple of you (Reds) mention TW changes. Do you know something the average Joe doesn't <wink, wink>?

I don't care if DEV's do or don't, I just think it would make the game better LOL

I love TW's, win or lose (even in 9 mins) still the best challenge left in the game for me :)

Cheers!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    KK gonna brace myself for some epic flames but...

I would like to suggest to the GM/GD's to revert lands to open status once the Max Refund has been reached :)

This, in my opinion, will keep TW'ing lively and prevent a tiresome monopoly on lands. Once lands have reached max refund they are not doing the owner any more good (yes except Archo and 1K, I know) and the opportunity for other guilds to own will increase.

I do think it was great CQ reset map, the early days after were the greatest for TW and I would hate to see a monochromatic map again. Yes, I do recognize the possibility tho sincerely hope Ess will not be successful, not if Spec has anything to do about it LOL.

Anyway just a suggestion and may the awful, mean, hurtful, immature comments flow...GOGOGO LOL

Cheers!

I've got an idea, how about try to beat Essence in TW instead of begging someone else to.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A couple of you (Reds) mention TW changes. Do you know something the average Joe doesn't <wink, wink>?

This is information anyone can get. More so if you like to follow the CN forums like I do.

Oh....and there was a HUGE post on these forums not too long ago as well <wink, wink>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is information anyone can get. More so if you like to follow the CN forums like I do.

Oh....and there was a HUGE post on these forums not too long ago as well <wink, wink>

^ b:bye 10char
  • Phaige - Lost City
    Phaige - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It was EPICALLY boring be able to defend triple attacks.

Hell...the cata teams = 1st war --> Defeat then port to next war --> Defeat then port to final war = Defeat

Done with 30minutes b:sweat

This is not to say that things would have changed, but the decision had been made long before the entire map was taken b:surrender

It was better that Dai gave up the map, gave small guilds a chance to have epic and fun TWs as well. I saw the map were Nefarious had the whole thing for months which made many players leave that server. At least this way LC got tons of new players that wanted a piece of the pie even if it was for a week or so.
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options

Oh sorry Reds, I'm fairly new (and rather sporatic) to these forums so haven't seen this topic before. I found the TW payout thread and yeah it is HUGE, didn't bother to read it all LOL My topic is slightly different, don't you think?

Gratz Adroit for reading something and totally misunderstanding it b:victory

Cheers!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh sorry Reds, I'm fairly new (and rather sporatic) to these forums so haven't seen this topic before. If I search TW or lands would I find it?

Gratz Adroit for reading something and totally misunderstanding it b:victory

Cheers!

there is a difference between misunderstanding and lol'ing at what you said..
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Step 1: Nagare gives their land to SG1Owns or someone similar. New upcoming factions battle over this land. So long as Zodians keeps their land up top we should have 2 low level faction lands up for grabs so that people like Benij don't have to bid 23 million coins just to fight another faction on even terms.

Step 2: Nagare begins a desperate weekly battle vs RedDawn. Long challenging wars ensured.

Step 3: Yakuza finds some new blood that doesn't act tough when things are good and run to Essence when things go south. Their strength rebuilds and we start having 2 hour TWs once more.

Spectral and Essence continue to slam into each other in epic resource wasting 3 hour wars each week.

Kamisama gets boring 5 minute crystal walks for the next 2 months and no one really notices.

Dizzy's Band-Aid Solution.
    For those who want more TWs like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbTKLZ0jVuE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    THAT was a LOL at what I said?

Perhaps making a bit more sense would help Adroit because it was idiotic babbling the way I read it.

Cheers!
  • MaiaElais - Lost City
    MaiaElais - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

You say this as if Essences' goal is to own the map in the same way CQ did... This isn't and never has been our goal. After the map reset, Elayne and the Essence leadership's goal has and always will be; a balanced and fun TW map this is why Elayne made an agreement with Athran to try and maintain some server balance and to avoid one faction monopolizing the map again. (I know very few people know of this agreement and I'll probably be called a liar for bringing it to light and Spectral will probably outright deny it). So when Spectral and Kami started to attack each other, Essence backed off to allow a 1v1 situation as had been agreed. We did this a fair few times however Athran became greedy and kept attacking kami and taking their lands; his goal was now to take Kami off the map and in turn betraying his word and the agreement he had made. I'm not going to lie, this pissed us off; hence we began to attack Spectral again regardless of who was attacking them or us or kami. So when you guys QQ about double attacks, triple attacks and Essence "taking over the map" remember it was Athran being a greede pirate that brought it on. b:bye

Oh and Fyi Essence will never take land from neutral or friendly guilds because unlike Spectral we aren't greedy and we don't want to control the whole map, we just want a fun, balanced tw map. b:surrender

And @ Dizzy, since when were 54 minutes and 8 minutes, 3 hour resource draining tws?

Also to end my wall of text; inb4 flames
    ~Carpe Diem~
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Spectral and Essence continue to slam into each other in epic resource wasting 8 minute wars each week.

you know how it really is b:chuckle

Oh and Fyi Essence will never take land from neutral or friendly guilds because unlike Spectral we aren't greedy and we don't want to control the whole map, we just want a fun, balanced tw map. b:surrender

And @ Dizzy, since when were 54 minutes and 8 minutes, 3 hour resource draining tws?

you know spectral are the "heros who fight to save LC from invading aliens" b:chuckle
    if you really think anyone cares about balance...lol
    its all about hating the other faction...
    or leecher that just want a piece of the creampie...

and the rest is a bunch of friens who like playing this game together...b:dirty

both faction should remove each other from kos and see what happens to these haters...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It was better that Dai gave up the map, gave small guilds a chance to have epic and fun TWs as well. I saw the map were Nefarious had the whole thing for months which made many players leave that server. At least this way LC got tons of new players that wanted a piece of the pie even if it was for a week or so.

^ This was it and 100% correct
    You say this as if Essences' goal is to own the map in the same way CQ did... This isn't and never has been our goal. After the map reset, Elayne and the Essence leadership's goal has and always will be; a balanced and fun TW map this is why Elayne made an agreement with Athran to try and maintain some server balance and to avoid one faction monopolizing the map again. (I know very few people know of this agreement and I'll probably be called a liar for bringing it to light and Spectral will probably outright deny it). So when Spectral and Kami started to attack each other, Essence backed off to allow a 1v1 situation as had been agreed. We did this a fair few times however Athran became greedy and kept attacking kami and taking their lands; his goal was now to take Kami off the map and in turn betraying his word and the agreement he had made. I'm not going to lie, this pissed us off; hence we began to attack Spectral again regardless of who was attacking them or us or kami. So when you guys QQ about double attacks, triple attacks and Essence "taking over the map" remember it was Athran being a greede pirate that brought it on. b:bye

^ This too is 100% correct

Maia b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Now now.. let's not get into tiny details about the recent greatness of Essence. The fact you would even bother pointing this out in my joking post is a large part of why the server is so against your faction. Don't get me wrong.. I don't like Spectral either.

It brings me great joy to see your factions battle even for an hour as I know when you pit people of such caliber against each other even for an hour, the hp charm, mp charm, pots, and so on adds up to a huge expense.

Personally though I'd have so much fun if I had a character built that could hang with such intense fire-power as you guys. I just don't understand where all the rage comes from. You two factions would be so bored if not for each other. Must be too srs for me to comprehend though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Now now.. let's not get into tiny details about the recent greatness of Essence. The fact you would even bother pointing this out in my joking post is a large part of why the server is so against your faction. Don't get me wrong.. I don't like Spectral either.

It brings me great joy to see your factions battle even for an hour as I know when you pit people of such caliber against each other even for an hour, the hp charm, mp charm, pots, and so on adds up to a huge expense.

Personally though I'd have so much fun if I had a character built that could hang with such intense fire-power as you guys. I just don't understand where all the rage comes from. You two factions would be so bored if not for each other. Must be too srs for me to comprehend though.

^ this 101% true b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Spectral and Essence continue to slam into each other in epic resource wasting 3 hour wars each week.

I just wanted to say...that these wars are SOOOOOO tiring b:sad

By the 2nd hour...omg...

Fun/Tiring/Awful.....all at the same time b:surrender

TBH --> Once I see Victory or Defeat = Run to the restroom. Girls can't go in a bottle b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hold it. Why do women have such weak bladders?!
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    THAT was a LOL at what I said?

Perhaps making a bit more sense would help Adroit because it was idiotic babbling the way I read it.

Cheers!

Idiotic babble? Reading comprehension fail.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hold it. Why do women have such weak bladders?!

When you down like 3 energy drinks throughout the war...ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TBH --> Once I see Victory or Defeat = Run to the restroom. Girls can't go in a bottle b:cry

They don't make catheters for girls? b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    They don't make catheters for girls? b:chuckle

b:shocked

I would rather hold it or AFK in war to go b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• drjiggle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I would rather hold it or AFK in war to go b:chuckle

Then I guess we know how Spectral can turn things around. They just need to be willing to pay the price of victory ...
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @Maia
    Spectral isn't greede... never will be. Just incredibly stupid.

It's true though, we had an agreement where we wouldn't attack while they had 1v1s and then Spec's leadership took it waaayy too far.

WTB other factions who can hold lands >_>
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    edited July 2010
    Options

I can't claim to know the exact terms of your agreement, but you create the appearance of hypocrisy when you call out Spectral for being greedy by wanting to take half the number of lands you already had.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Then I guess we know how Spectral can turn things around. They just need to be willing to pay the price of victory ...

b:chuckleb:chuckle

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am sure if Essence wins the map they will indeed restart if you want to call it that.

But there is no way the DEV team would take away someones hard earned achievements because some people want TW to be "lively".

I was here for the last 1 Million QQ threads requesting this (not saying yours is QQ since you have written it a bit better) and its clear that it will never happen.

essence.... hard earned.... does this mean cash shop?

that isn't that hard.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]