Alert! Changing weapons is apparantly a bug.

Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
So, today my friend gets a warning for switching her barb to claws while shapeshifting and therefore exploiting a bug. b:chuckle

Therefore pressing 2 keys on your keyboard simultaneously is henceforth to be considered bug exploitation! That's right, we can no longer assist attack while casting to find a new target. We can no longer use a pot while using a skill.

Implications:
Healer must stop healing to regen mana.
Blademaster cannot change weapons while using a skill or attacking, they must first stop then change, then attack again.
Using a spark pot while sparking would also thus be forbidden.

So... think about it... ridiculous suggestion imo. But don't forget, by GM decree pressing 2 buttons at once is now bug exploitation!
Main:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alts:
Lypiphera 101 Cleric
Incompetance 100 Blademaster
MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
Post edited by Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010

The game doesn't allow using anything but axes and hammers in tiger form. Your friend got a warning for bypassing that, not for doing more than one action at a time.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    what has this world come to b:shocked imperfect some may call it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if its worth exploiting then i bet some big factions might do it lol >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010

The game doesn't allow using anything but axes and hammers in tiger form. Your friend got a warning for bypassing that, not for doing more than one action at a time.

^(o.o)
    This.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OP is just dumb. The examples you used have nothing to do with what your friend did.
  • WtfCosin - Lost City
    WtfCosin - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is the most fail logic I've seen in a long time.
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tao people .. what else to say b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Coming from a long time player, that was so fail. Rage more please b:chuckle
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My IQ dropped a little from reading this post. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited July 2010
    My IQ dropped a little from reading this post. b:surrender

Welcome to me world.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tell your genius friend to mouse over True Form, and look at the weapons allowed that are supposed to be used with it. Neither fist nor claw are on it, so he used a normally unimportant facet of server lag to glitch a skill from working as it was flat out intended.

On an unrelated note, I think we should start giving more tax revenue to our schools.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited July 2010
    On an unrelated note, I think we should start giving more tax revenue to our schools.

?
    More monies to promote forced "educational" cages?
    o_o'
    How that elp anything?
    b:puzzled
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Oh ****

The fist-foxes are back. Our true form doesn't say anything like that.

And yes, that's clearly an exploit. And yes, it doesn't matter that it's easy to do.

Can't quite believe that they managed to mess up something that basic and stupid, though. (The previously explained way of doing it was long and convoluted and you could see exactly where they introduced it.)

Anyhow - this thread is likely to be deleted due to, you know, explaining how toe exploit.
    edited July 2010
    Oh ****

The fist-foxes are back. Our true form doesn't say anything like that.

And yes, that's clearly an exploit. And yes, it doesn't matter that it's easy to do.

Can't quite believe that they managed to mess up something that basic and stupid, though. (The previously explained way of doing it was long and convoluted and you could see exactly where they introduced it.)

Anyhow - this thread is likely to be deleted due to, you know, explaining how toe exploit.

b:shocked
    Fist Foxes with no limits?
    Le gasp!
    We be doooomed~
    Dx
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Right, in the interests of knowing - tested it. Yup, it works.

Gah! How do you melee types deal? Monsters slooowly walking away from me become invulnerable!

And I coulda sworn summer sprint was available to me previously.

Anyway. You lose all skills except townportal and spark eruption (the important one for exploiting this) and you can't even change back without breaking your weapon or logging off.

Didn't test with this method, but previously whilst in true form you couldn't use bows at all, so I expect that sill holds.

Blatantly an exploit.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gah! How do you melee types deal? Monsters slooowly walking away from me become invulnerable!
    This is why sins are awesome, for a melee we hit pretty damn hard with a bow. When mobs like to keep their distance, I like to switch to long range so they can't run.
    edited July 2010
    Right, in the interests of knowing - tested it. Yup, it works.

Gah! How do you melee types deal? Monsters slooowly walking away from me become invulnerable! Them melee types just walk forward as well. b:surrender

And I coulda sworn summer sprint was available to me previously.

Anyway. You lose all skills except townportal and spark eruption (the important one for exploiting this) and you can't even change back without breaking your weapon or logging off.

Didn't test with this method, but previously whilst in true form you couldn't use bows at all, so I expect that sill holds.Gasp teh secret to stopping the Fist Foxes!

Blatantly an exploit.

58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Yes - it turns into the worlds slowest congo.

The level five mobs walks forwards, I follow, it walks forwards a bit more, interrupting my attack -I follow...

This can go on for quite a long time.

Eventually I hit it! Triumph! A level 85 veno can.. no!!! It didn't die! It walked forwards a bit more! ARGH!

I almost lost to a sable minkii.

But yeah - you can equip the bow, but it won't fire. Which is a shame, I wanted to have arrows coming out of my paw. Woulda been funny.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just change the title of the thread to " Alert! Changing weapons is a bug/exploit/cheat, you won't get banned but warned."
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    But yeah - you can equip the bow, but it won't fire. Which is a shame, I wanted to have arrows coming out of my paw. Woulda been funny.

O.o'
    Funny enough, when biological manipulation first was discovered.....cats tried the arrow shooting paws (it didn't work out too well but did make for some funny myths from humans.)
    x.x'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The arrow cats failed, but i heard of a rare case of small group of hamsters who managed to harness the power of shot, and were able to shoot slingshot ammo out their paws.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
    edited July 2010
    The arrow cats failed, but i heard of a rare case of small group of hamsters who managed to harness the power of shot, and were able to shoot slingshot ammo out their paws.

D:
    Le gasp~
    Who told you?!?
    >.<
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This seems pretty similar to skill canceling. If this is an exploit so is that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    If skill cancelling means "Hit escape to cancel a channel, the spell does not go off, but now you can cast a different skill" then no, that doesn't seem like an exploit.

If it means you end up casting two spells simultaneously? Then hell yes that's an exploit. That's what this exploit is doing - the game checks "Ok, do you have the right weapon equipped? Grreat, let's transform. Oh, you want to change weapon? That's fine, we can do that. Ok, now what was that about transforming? Ok, doing that."
    And that's a stupid simple bug. And exploiting it is, well, an exploit.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    D:
    Le gasp~
    Who told you?!?
    >.<

Well I was 2IC in kitten activity and learning trends experimentation many moons ago. A colleague, a German named Herr wolfhaus, was leading the same experimentation. He clued me in on the shot vs arrow conundrum.

here is a vid of an experiment in shock and physical contact.
    I express my request of viewers discression.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If skill cancelling means "Hit escape to cancel a channel, the spell does not go off, but now you can cast a different skill" then no, that doesn't seem like an exploit.

If it means you end up casting two spells simultaneously? Then hell yes that's an exploit. That's what this exploit is doing - the game checks "Ok, do you have the right weapon equipped? Grreat, let's transform. Oh, you want to change weapon? That's fine, we can do that. Ok, now what was that about transforming? Ok, doing that."
    And that's a stupid simple bug. And exploiting it is, well, an exploit.

Ahh no. Skill canceling is done by changing weapon in the middle of channeling a skill. You end up getting the buff from the skill without using any sparks and without putting the skill in cooldown. I see it used by sins to get free powerdash i think and BMs to get 0 cast DBB and cyclone heel. Its extremely prevalent these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yes - it turns into the worlds slowest congo.

The level five mobs walks forwards, I follow, it walks forwards a bit more, interrupting my attack -I follow...

This can go on for quite a long time.

Eventually I hit it! Triumph! A level 85 veno can.. no!!! It didn't die! It walked forwards a bit more! ARGH!

I almost lost to a sable minkii.

But yeah - you can equip the bow, but it won't fire. Which is a shame, I wanted to have arrows coming out of my paw.

b:chuckle b:laugh
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Wait, where did my reply to this go?
    Ahh no. Skill canceling is done by changing weapon in the middle of channeling a skill. You end up getting the buff from the skill without using any sparks and without putting the skill in cooldown. I see it used by sins to get free powerdash i think and BMs to get 0 cast DBB and cyclone heel. Its extremely prevalent these days.

Then yes. That is blatantly an exploit.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    D:
    Le gasp~
    Who told you?!?
    >.<

hey bow was squirrels, slings was otters. i no remember hamsters in Redwall :o
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So, today my friend gets a warning for switching her barb to claws while shapeshifting and therefore exploiting a bug. b:chuckle

Therefore pressing 2 keys on your keyboard simultaneously is henceforth to be considered bug exploitation! That's right, we can no longer assist attack while casting to find a new target. We can no longer use a pot while using a skill.

Implications:
    Healer must stop healing to regen mana.
    Blademaster cannot change weapons while using a skill or attacking, they must first stop then change, then attack again.
    Using a spark pot while sparking would also thus be forbidden.

So... think about it... ridiculous suggestion imo. But don't forget, by GM decree pressing 2 buttons at once is now bug exploitation!

You're an idiot to think using the claw while shapeshifting was anything other then an exploit. Sorry but you're trying to rationalize glitching & cheating.

And this was obviously an exploit also. BMs do it alot & i never would or will. Just like my Veno never used the top down flying pet on melee mob exploit. I dont get why people can obviously understand these arent the way the skills were meant to interact, but exploit it anyway. It just takes some common sense to know whats meant to be & what isnt....

Oh right... common sense...

Something lacking by many players these days.