Alert! Changing weapons is apparantly a bug.

2»

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My IQ dropped a little from reading this post. b:surrender

Best stop now - 3 more messages and you'll be drooling.

RedMenace

\yer too close to the edge already
    \\tell me you don't feel the drool trying to drip right now
    \\\see? told ya
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    BMs do it alot & i never would or will. Just like my Veno never used the top down flying pet on melee mob exploit. I dont get why people can obviously understand these arent the way the skills were meant to interact, but exploit it anyway. It just takes some common sense to know whats meant to be & what isnt....

Oh right... common sense...

Something lacking by many players these days.

Sorry, the two are hardly in the same class.

I have yet to see a GM comment on cancel casting... and it doesn't need a weapon switch, it can be done by pressing escape as well. It's also popular with mages to get their crit buff. However, it's an interrupt. By design you're able to do this and are able to be interrupted, and until I see a GM comment that it is a bannable offense, I will consider it a legitimate tactic. I'm far too lazy to cancel cast myself... it takes more effort than it's worth. :P

As for flying pets, if they are killing a mob that cannot fight back and are not taking damage, that is abusing a glitch and is bannable.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wait, where did my reply to this go?

Then yes. That is blatantly an exploit.

I am not so sure.

There is a big difference, I think, between switching weapons when casting an instant skill and getting the effect of the switch because of network lag, and switching weapons when casting a skill that has 4 seconds of channelling.

The network lag thing might be arguable, but the behavior of that thing with 4 seconds channelling has to be by design.
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well if the chancel channel would work on spark too .. 5aps could say bbye to the aggro lol imagine a perma-triple-sparked archer ... omg xD
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well if the chancel channel would work on spark too .. 5aps could say bbye to the aggro lol imagine a perma-triple-sparked archer ... omg xD

Hi. My name is NightRage and I am a perma-triple-sparked archer.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2010

The game doesn't allow using anything but axes and hammers in tiger form. Your friend got a warning for bypassing that, not for doing more than one action at a time.
    This.

However, PWI would also do themselves a favor by simply fixing things they determine are bugs. No less stupid not to than the person who QQ's about exploiting a bug then complaining about getting warned.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Some people just can't resist to cheat and will make concious efforts to do so.

It's as simple as that
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've tried to switch to true form while having my lunar claws equipped.

But I couldn't get the hang of it and just gave up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hey bow was squirrels, slings was otters. i no remember hamsters in Redwall :o

We were hiding.
    b:quiet
    Well I was 2IC in kitten activity and learning trends experimentation many moons ago. A colleague, a German named Herr wolfhaus, was leading the same experimentation. He clued me in on the shot vs arrow conundrum.

here is a vid of an experiment in shock and physical contact.
    I express my request of viewers discression.

yesh...yesh...of course, of course
    D:
    Also vid no wurking? o_o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The system doesn't register "skill canceling" as an attack because it was interrupted during the channeling stage, and not during the cast. Meaning the attack never went off and nothing will show up in the damage log.

It's the same reason I don't get swords in PK for pressing escape when I channel my Roar of Pride on people, because the skill doesn't land on them.

If the Devs didn't want people to skill cancel then they wouldn't have the escape key function as intended.

I consider skill canceling an "advanced" skill, as it takes lots of experience to master, and can't be cash shopped or bought in any way. Pure skill. Once you've mastered it, it's well worth it. Demon DBB + GS cancel hits harder than Demon Spark, and requires no sparks if you know how to do it.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Consider it what you like. It's cheating.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmm i thought barbs and venos both had to use the repair exploit to go animal form with fists/claw.

That is definitely an exploit and i think people getting a way with only a warning and not a few days of ban should count themselves lucky. I doubt its possible to change weapon and go animal form at the exact same time and be like "oops accidental bug" b:chuckle.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So, today my friend gets a warning for switching her barb to claws while shapeshifting and therefore exploiting a bug. b:chuckle

Therefore pressing 2 keys on your keyboard simultaneously is henceforth to be considered bug exploitation! That's right, we can no longer assist attack while casting to find a new target. We can no longer use a pot while using a skill.

Implications:
    Healer must stop healing to regen mana.
    Blademaster cannot change weapons while using a skill or attacking, they must first stop then change, then attack again.
    Using a spark pot while sparking would also thus be forbidden.

So... think about it... ridiculous suggestion imo. But don't forget, by GM decree pressing 2 buttons at once is now bug exploitation!

You can attack assist!? QQ I can never get the thing to work for meb:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, the two are hardly in the same class.

I have yet to see a GM comment on cancel casting... and it doesn't need a weapon switch, it can be done by pressing escape as well. It's also popular with mages to get their crit buff. However, it's an interrupt. By design you're able to do this and are able to be interrupted, and until I see a GM comment that it is a bannable offense, I will consider it a legitimate tactic. I'm far too lazy to cancel cast myself... it takes more effort than it's worth. :P

As for flying pets, if they are killing a mob that cannot fight back and are not taking damage, that is abusing a glitch and is bannable.

You're not supposed to get any affects from a spell when you interupt it during the channelling phase, hence it is a glitch/bug/exploit. It is as much of an "advanced technique" as weapon swap/form swap simultaniously & attacking from above on a melee. It's as much as by design as melee mobs not being able to attack upwards. You're only claiming its not an exploit because you use it to your advantage. Plain & simple, did you cast the spell? did you use any chi? Did you use any mana? Why do you think its allowable to get a buff effect from a skill without spending resources on it. Its a bug, and you're exploiting it.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Can a mod or GM lock this already? It obviously needs locking and people are apparently losing brain power by reading it b:surrender
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    there for i cannot wait that claws/fists be BM only weapon *drools*

XD
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Aneurysmal, please PM me the name of your friend who allegedly got banned for this. As far as I know, we've never banned any player for doing this.

I'm guessing he got banned for something else, but we'll see.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My IQ dropped a little from reading this post. b:surrender

You have an IQ Dan....are you sure?

b:laugh b:laugh
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is why sins are awesome, for a melee we hit pretty damn hard with a bow. When mobs like to keep their distance, I like to switch to long range so they can't run.

stun lock? =X
    Aneurysmal, please PM me the name of your friend who allegedly got banned for this. As far as I know, we've never banned any player for doing this.

They weren't banned, they were warned, but if they were caught again they were told they would be banned.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You're not supposed to get any affects from a spell when you interupt it during the channelling phase, hence it is a glitch/bug/exploit. It is as much of an "advanced technique" as weapon swap/form swap simultaniously & attacking from above on a melee. It's as much as by design as melee mobs not being able to attack upwards. You're only claiming its not an exploit because you use it to your advantage. Plain & simple, did you cast the spell? did you use any chi? Did you use any mana? Why do you think its allowable to get a buff effect from a skill without spending resources on it. Its a bug, and you're exploiting it.

You're under the assumption that it's a bug. Where has this been confirmed? Source?

I also don't do this, so don't point your finger at me like I'm doing something wrong. Obviously there has to be a reason why skill triggered self-buffs are given before the casting of a skill, whereas the detrimental effects aren't applied until after it is cast.

Keep making up stories to suit your opinions.

Neither a confirmation or denial that it is a bug or an exploit. Read below about the weapon/form switch below:

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.