LV11 Ressurection demon/sage

Options
Deceptistar - Sanctuary
Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Cleric
Demon or sage. doesnt really matter which >.>

Bored so making a discussion.

"Should clerics have sage/demon ress? If so why, and does it differ between pvp and pve."

Lv11 (Sage/Demon) Ress
- One of the 2 skills, aside from spark passing veno, that does NOT physically benefit the owner but benefits others instead.
- This benefit is not a NEED but a WANT, as lower lvl skills will accomplish the basic task.
- Average cost 15-19M.
- Clerics will still need to carry a ress scroll yourself and possibly a Guardian scroll

my opinion:

PVE: ive went and sold about 3-4 sage revives cause their more profit >.> I have no intention of getting revive just to satisfy someone elses LAZYNESS of not carrying GA nor a ress scroll. I see no reason why i have to spend 15m and also carry a ress scroll/GA so that i may sate others satisfaction of saving coins and exp. Especially on runs like nirvana when couple pple accidentally die including the cleric (yes accidents happen), they LAY there USELESS waiting for the cleric to come back and ress, while the clerics themselves have to warp back. This process only takes less than 10sec mind u and it would have been way faster for them to warp back too. The image i get from that is
"It is the clerics job to have a guardian scroll if they are QQing about exp, but we also expect them to spend millions to save OUR[non-cleric] exp too, nvm the fact that us[non-cleric] having a scroll might make things go smoother."

PVP: oh god this is a whole new diff. light. Having a farther ressing distance or a faster channeling time could do tons of help, hands down. Id buy ress if tw were more frequent across the week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
Post edited by Deceptistar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i have a cleric that has lvl 1 res. i dont plan on lvln it more.

occasionally i fly around to high lvl areas and res ppl who lay there dead spamming RES PLZ. 90 percent of the time they dont even notice that they didnt save any exp.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    pve-wise it s useful too

like i wrote somewhere else: best anti-QQ spell cler can have

ppl will do their job more willingly; no qq bout rushes, saving someone butt etc

hell, they even will happily act like kamikatzes for you. I remeber when beast boss in 3-3 spawned amoung mobs for some reason and we wanted to get him back near piano. So i asked some bm girl if she could annoy the gecko and bring him where we want. She died few times because boss and mobs nuked her every few meters, but she made it and had quite lot fun :P

without 11rez and before 100lvl (94-99 are worst exp QQers...) some ppl would refuse to do it =/

(this reminds me nobs who refuse to 'get up' after they die few times on belial..)

but should you care about those? maybe not. you wont want to squad with QQer next time

so i wont try too hard to convince anyone to get 11rez
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i wish i could delvl my rez just for the lulz
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    pve-wise it s useful too

like i wrote somewhere else: best anti-QQ spell cler can have

ppl will do their job more willingly; no qq bout rushes, saving someone butt etc

hell, they even will happily act like kamikatzes for you. I remeber when beast boss in 3-3 spawned amoung mobs for some reason and we wanted to get him back near piano. So i asked some bm girl if she could annoy the gecko and bring him where we want. She died few times because boss and mobs nuked her every few meters, but she made it and had quite lot fun :P

without 11rez and before 100lvl (94-99 are worst exp QQers...) some ppl would refuse to do it =/

(this reminds me nobs who refuse to 'get up' after they die few times on belial..)

but should you care about those? maybe not. you wont want to squad with QQer next time

so i wont try too hard to convince anyone to get 11rez

This.

I can't be bothered to carry guardians (though I do carry Rez scrolls obviously), so death = Full loss for me when I'm the only Cleric. Not that I mind all that much, mind you...but it's the principle.

As such, I need as many loyal meatsacks as possible between me and the mobs at every given moment. People are much more willing to fill that role that role when they stand to lose the least possible EXP in the process.

Not to mention the hefty range increase/channeling decrease is awesome for trying to pull out of a prospective party wipe. Less time it takes to get someone back on their feet, the better. In my case, the range is awesome because I don't have to haul my slow Cleric-y **** over to them and can usually just res from where I happen to be standing, thus saving precious seconds in the long run.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Everyone knows level 11 rez just gives AFK BMs like me more reason to AFK.

Oh wait, I'm doing that now as we speak in Delta. b:laugh

*Squad Wipe*
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    with level 11 ress, we can rage to our squad if we die. We can ask them to strictly protect us, coz if everyone die, nobody lose exp, but if cler died.... level 11 ress is about SQUAD CONTROL POWER!
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Because I play with my friends and I care about them
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have always been an advocate of maxing rez for a simple reason...im a cleric. I play the cleric class because i like to be helpful and make the game experience easier for other people. IMHO if you dont care enough about others to get rez maxed out, then why the hell are you playing the part of a healer anyway?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    IMHO if you dont care enough about others to get rez maxed out, then why the hell are you playing the part of a healer anyway?

Her actual point is about whether you totally must buy the Sage/Demon Revive or not when it costs a fortune to get it but I agree with your point as well. However, sometimes people can be so whiny and Q_Q that you wish you could revive them and lost their exp. THOSE people don't deserve your maxed revive nor your being caring and helpful.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    pve-wise it s useful too
    best anti-QQ spell cler can have
    I play with my friends and I care about them

These two reasons :D

Also its nice when you are asked for a res by some stranger (happens very often to me when i fly wq) and they are so happy they didnt lose xp at all.
    Yes, from time to time i feel like being nice ...

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    About Para's point, think of their charm and GAs if they are using those.

nice spell, anti-QQ, decent add ons for both demon and sage version.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    However, sometimes people can be so whiny and Q_Q that you wish you could revive them and lost their exp. THOSE people don't deserve your maxed revive nor your being caring and helpful.

Hehe thats when i pull my bishey side out XD if someone is being a total **** and is being ungrateful to the squad, i'll pull one of two things. 1.) Oh, did i forget to heal you? My bad im so terribly sorry that you have perished. >.> <,<2.) Look guys, hes a sin, im a cleric, its me or him. >.> the non cleric gets the boot every time. Although ive only been provoked to pull option 2 twice.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "2.) Look guys, hes a sin, im a cleric, its me or him. >.> the non cleric gets the boot every time. " b:laugh

Sounds fun! I should do the same sometimes. Cleric justice! XD
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I will never ever buy Demon res. I would much rather take the 16+ mil and go refine my gear or add a socket. Call me mean, call me insensitive. I don't really care. I'm not here to babysit idiots. Level 11 res --> squads suddenly becoming careless. I will NEVER forget the one day we had a duo cleric 3-2 and the second cleric had level 11 res. Two people in the squad actually PUT AWAY their GS and scrolls (said so, too) because the cleric said she had level 11 res. Why should I only take the loss?

I do so wish I could de-level my res now b:sweat

And to those that say clerics should help people and not QQ, etc: grow up. We're not here to indenture ourselves to others. I'll help to a point, and that's it. If I can res myself with my own res, I'll gladly buy demon res right now =p
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Doesn't level 11 Rez also bring people back with 100% of their HP/MP, while every other level only brings back with 10%?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Doesn't level 11 Rez also bring people back with 100% of their HP/MP, while every other level only brings back with 10%?

According to the description both versions seem to bring people back with 100% HP and MP. The only difference is in the range area and channeling time.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    According to the description both seem to bring people back with 100% HP and MP.

Charms do this too b:chuckle
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Charms do this too b:chuckle

Or that b:laugh so in this case having lvl 11 revive doesn't matter that much lol
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Her actual point is about whether you totally must buy the Sage/Demon Revive or not when it costs a fortune to get it but I agree with your point as well. However, sometimes people can be so whiny and Q_Q that you wish you could revive them and lost their exp. THOSE people don't deserve your maxed revive nor your being caring and helpful.
    you can ignore those who dont understand how to read threads b:shutup bet they dont know that a while ago this skill cost 25-30M
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thing i find funny is, i bet not many classes would lvl a skill to lv11 if:

-it sacrificed your own exp to benefit others exp
    -only useful to others
    -costs over 15m

cause really the 'bonuses' are something u can live without.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thing i find funny is, i bet not many classes would lvl a skill to lv11 if:

-it sacrificed your own exp to benefit others exp
    -only useful to others
    -costs over 15m

cause really the 'bonuses' are something u can live without.

But we're fail if we don't get it, don't forget that b:shutup

/sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options

no. you return with 10% of each.
    differences friom lvl 10 are only no exp loss and range bonus for sage / chan bonus for demon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh the description on them said 100%. I guess it was wrong b:chuckle Shouldn't trust ecatomb allt he time
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh the description on them said 100%. I guess it was wrong b:chuckle Shouldn't trust ecatomb allt he time
    in-game description when you hover mouse over icon says 10%
    reality (ressing uncharmed ppl) says 10%
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i have a cleric that has lvl 1 res. i dont plan on lvln it more.

occasionally i fly around to high lvl areas and res ppl who lay there dead spamming RES PLZ. 90 percent of the time they dont even notice that they didnt save any exp.

Well now that I have my sage rez, I just use it on my faction members and ppl on my friends list. Having me comes with a nice perk b:chuckle.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Money has always been an issue for me... I save for a looonnnnggg time for what I want, so if I want to get a sage skill, I would want to chose carefully since most sage cleric skills cost 2-3mil or more. I honestly wouldn't put sage res at the top of the list for financial reasons, and because lvl 10 res works fine. People will go into a rage and QQ at clerics using lvl 5 res, but they aren't nearly as cranky with cleric with lvl 10 res, so that's what I manage with. The bonuses are nice, but I can live without them.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

"Should clerics have sage/demon ress? If so why, and does it differ between pvp and pve."

Lv11 (Sage/Demon) Ress
    - One of the 2 skills, aside from spark passing veno, that does NOT physically benefit the owner but benefits others instead.
    Actually sage/demon self spark passing can generate more sparks for the veno b:surrender
    About rez, it increase a value of a cleric(more like a psychological benefit)
    imagine appling to some big shot faction, you have lvl 11 rez, a competitor cleric, does not have lvl 11 rez, the faction might accept you instead of that cleric just because you have lvl 11 rez(for tw....i hope its not for faction chat spam....)

- This benefit is not a NEED but a WANT, as lower lvl skills will accomplish the basic task.
    But lvl 10 rez does not do it that well, 10% exp loss vs 0% exp loss
    - Average cost 15-19M.
    too expensive for me b:cry
    - Clerics will still need to carry a ress scroll yourself and possibly a Guardian scroll
    yup, we still need to no matter what, need to be the one taking the exp/guardian scroll losses in a squad wipe

my opinion:

PVE: ive went and sold about 3-4 sage revives cause their more profit >.> I have no intention of getting revive just to satisfy someone elses LAZYNESS of not carrying GA nor a ress scroll. I see no reason why i have to spend 15m and also carry a ress scroll/GA so that i may sate others satisfaction of saving coins and exp. Especially on runs like nirvana when couple pple accidentally die including the cleric (yes accidents happen), they LAY there USELESS waiting for the cleric to come back and ress, while the clerics themselves have to warp back. This process only takes less than 10sec mind u and it would have been way faster for them to warp back too. The image i get from that is
    "It is the clerics job to have a guardian scroll if they are QQing about exp, but we also expect them to spend millions to save OUR[non-cleric] exp too, nvm the fact that us[non-cleric] having a scroll might make things go smoother."

PVP: oh god this is a whole new diff. light. Having a farther ressing distance or a faster channeling time could do tons of help, hands down. Id buy ress if tw were more frequent across the week.oh...you said it, well it helps....

comments in white....
    hope that im on topic this time b:surrender

and my stand is, clerics should have it, only if they are comfortable with spending that amount of coins for the "benefits"
    -in other words, poor clerics should not get it and should spend their coins elsewhere
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A 11 rez is always nice, not trying to lvl that much & not planning to die a lot either. But it's annoying as hell when I do die & lose 200k exp cause the cleric was chatting with friends -.-

Not planning to get 11 rez for my cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Lv11 (Sage/Demon) Ress
    - Average cost 15-19M.

my opinion:

PVP: oh god this is a whole new diff. light. Having a farther ressing distance or a faster channeling time could do tons of help, hands down. Id buy ress if tw were more frequent across the week.

I've said this before lol...the more people that max their ress, the better the server becomes as a whole. Somewhere down the line you're going to die and someone else will ress you with lvl 11 ress, when that happens, you're going to know why one would want to level ress to 11. If everyone has this attitude that they don't have to level something that only benefits others, then no one gets max ress, including themselves. You could say that hey, why don't other people help me pay for my lvl 11 ress? If you run with a static group to instanced activities, I wouldn't see why not.

Someone with lvl 11 ress was with us at Sonic last night. It was great (except the boss dropped ****...Sonic has always dropped ****)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Lv11 (Sage/Demon) Ress
    - Average cost 15-19M.

I know you one of the most respected Clerics on our server but I wouldn't carry them as you have to buy res scrolls as well as GA with Zen.I am not concerned with getting my skills just getting there then having to think about it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.