Demon Vs. Sage for Sin's

2»

Comments

• SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    /10 chars b:bye

My mistake on the sage shadow teleport. If your going to rely on demon spark that's up too you but like you said if your goal is to just spark and dps by all means go ahead.

Just keep in mind

When you demon spark we are not going to be standing still looking at how pretty your spark is than you are sadly mistaken.

I just meant sage are better at tanking than demon would cause we take less damage. Keep in mind that our demon spark 25% reduction in damage can be added with the other % equipment that reduces damage so over all it can be up too over 50% reduction in damage.

Anyway i am not saying which is better i am just saying their pro and con
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My mistake on the sage shadow teleport. If your going to rely on demon spark that's up too you but like you said if your goal is to just spark and dps by all means go ahead.

Just keep in mind

When you demon spark we are not going to be standing still looking at how pretty your spark is than you are sadly mistaken.

I just meant sage are better at tanking than demon would cause we take less damage. Keep in mind that our demon spark 25% reduction in damage can be added with the other % equipment that reduces damage so over all it can be up too over 50% reduction in damage.

Anyway i am not saying which is better i am just saying their pro and con

you meant sage, they dont quite add up like that on damage reduction either. but, yes sins with end game gear ARE godly tanks (in a pve sense, no sin can replace a barb as a TW cata puller, at least not directly b:chuckle)

not gonna read everything in here... TLDR and all..... b:surrender

sage > demon for skill spamming and pve tanking. even considering rib strike. a 4 aps sage sin will have an easier time surviving due to bless from 3 spark.

demon > sage for raw damage and stuns.

i'm a sage sin. i went sage to tank HH and frost at 90. i was planning on swapping to demon to get 5 aps because by that point my gear would be good enough to not need bless (for most bosses). with the rumor of rank 9 though there would be no point in swapping since if it's true sage sins can reach unsparked 5 aps. though a note for demon sins they can have 5 aps in spark with chill up....might be some insane damage i admit.......

if rank 9 turns out to not be true...i may just stay sage anyway....
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    you meant sage, they dont quite add up like that on damage reduction either. but, yes sins with end game gear ARE godly tanks (in a pve sense, no sin can replace a barb as a TW cata puller, at least not directly b:chuckle)

not gonna read everything in here... TLDR and all..... b:surrender

sage > demon for skill spamming and pve tanking. even considering rib strike. a 4 aps sage sin will have an easier time surviving due to bless from 3 spark.

demon > sage for raw damage and stuns.

i'm a sage sin. i went sage to tank HH and frost at 90. i was planning on swapping to demon to get 5 aps because by that point my gear would be good enough to not need bless (for most bosses). with the rumor of rank 9 though there would be no point in swapping since if it's true sage sins can reach unsparked 5 aps. though a note for demon sins they can have 5 aps in spark with chill up....might be some insane damage i admit.......

if rank 9 turns out to not be true...i may just stay sage anyway....

do u know more than 10 sins that can get 5aps with demon spark??

the answer obviously is: "no", cause -int equips r too expensive... and, if u plan to get 5aps + chill of the deep, u will have to expend 9349865995460198367098561098609128356 dollars on the game. b:bye
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    _Nettuno_ - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Becomed demon today, all i can say is "amazing", the damage output is simply great. Whit a low lvl int gear (rank 4 chest + TT80 daggers) i can do 2 att/s, the bosses don't last 2/3 sparks usually.
    My "tanking" ability is raised a lot thanks to the attack speed+bloodpaint, done some bosses (even in TT) whit a cleric friend normal heal or BB if needed make the runs very very fast.

Probably i'll never know how is to be sage, but all i can say is that demon can out damage almost every other class (for my experience), so if you like this go for it, you'll not regret it. b:bye
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    do u know more than 10 sins that can get 5aps with demon spark??

the answer obviously is: "no", cause -int equips r too expensive... and, if u plan to get 5aps + chill of the deep, u will have to expend 9349865995460198367098561098609128356 dollars on the game. b:bye

10? hmmmm....not atm no.. most sins went sage......what was your point?
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    though a note for demon sins they can have 5 aps in spark with chill up....might be some insane damage i admit.......

Not too insane. Even with the extra 30%, it's with fists and not factoring into DEX. A_Noob's picture shows average damage of 13479, which is 17522.7 adding 30%. I think Kitamura's old sig showed upper end damage of over 19k. Witch I would guess would have roughly the same average damage as A_Noob's pic.
    I wouldn't say most, maybe it is on LC. It's maybe 1/3 on HL.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Not too insane. Even with the extra 30%, it's with fists and not factoring into DEX. A_Noob's picture shows average damage of 13479, which is 17522.7 adding 30%. I think Kitamura's old sig showed upper end damage of over 19k. With I would guess would have roughly the same average damage as A_Noob's pic.

I heard the rank 9 ring will have -int on it. so its a coming soon kind of thing lol.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Yeah but even going from rank 6 to rank 8 is over 630 mil. I can't imagine how much rank 9 would cost.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    but i can imagine A_noob getting it :D
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Not too insane. Even with the extra 30%, it's with fists and not factoring into DEX. A_Noob's picture shows average damage of 13479, which is 17522.7 adding 30%. I think Kitamura's old sig showed upper end damage of over 19k. Witch I would guess would have roughly the same average damage as A_Noob's pic.

i was referring to daggers at 5 aps with rank 9 ring not rank 8 with fists. and 30% is still 30%.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    would a nirvana dagger with 3 -.05 int works too?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    would a nirvana dagger with 3 -.05 int works too?

Not doable.
    i was referring to daggers at 5 aps with rank 9 ring not rank 8 with fists. and 30% is still 30%.
    Rumor's rumor. We'll know when it appears on Chinese servers.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    oh yea since one of the stats would be sac assault or +crit .__.

and @ rank 9 ring its not even confirmed yet, what the stats would be i think.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Not doable.

Rumor's rumor. We'll know when it appears on Chinese servers.

which is why i stated that and said if.... even without it 4 APS daggers with 30% from chill is higher overall damage than 5 APS without it. (demon sparking)
    edited July 2010

we cant say: i will go demon cause i want 5aps + chill of the deep... Its not a possible thing for a normal person (that dont want to expend 190826509128650912 dollars in a game). Its just a dream b:surrender
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    which is why i stated that and said if.... even without it 4 APS daggers with 30% from chill is higher overall damage than 5 APS without it. (demon sparking)

I doubt you can have 4 aps sparked with Chill if you had 4 aps base speed. I can't find the thread that tested the combine effect with sparking atm. But it's safe to assume that the % from Chill also applies to the interval. A_Noob had the base interval of 0.15, which went to 0.3 from the 100% interval increase from Chill, and was then able to spark to 5 aps. With the smallest base interval we can have atm, 0.25, we will have 0.5 interval with Chill on. 0.5 sparks to 0.35 and 30% of 2.87 does not make up for 5.

In the case of demon Chill, 0.25 goes to 0.4 with 70% addition, which still only spark to 0.3 or 3.33 aps. 3.33*1.3=4.33

This is all under the assumption that Chill and demon spark stack the way I assume of course.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    we cant say: i will go demon cause i want 5aps + chill of the deep... Its not a possible thing for a normal person (that dont want to expend 190826509128650912 dollars in a game). Its just a dream b:surrender

anyone can do it if they are smart with their money, play the market, and farm what they can. the problem is the "normal" person is too impatient and/or lazy to do this and thus spends a ton of money instead. a common problem found in our society :)

I doubt you can have 4 aps sparked with Chill if you had 4 aps base speed. I can't find the thread that tested the combine effect with sparking atm. But it's safe to assume that the % from Chill also applies to the interval. A_Noob had the base interval of 0.15, which went to 0.3 from the 100% interval increase from Chill, and was then able to spark to 5 aps. With the smallest base interval we can have atm, 0.25, we will have 0.5 interval with Chill on. 0.5 sparks to 0.35 and 30% of 2.87 does not make up for 5.

In the case of demon Chill, 0.25 goes to 0.4 with 70% addition, which still only spark to 0.3 or 3.33 aps. 3.33*1.3=4.33

This is all under the assumption that Chill and demon spark stack the way I assume of course.

your right on that. never really did the math myself b:surrender
  • LMAOYouDied - Sanctuary
    LMAOYouDied - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1. get wolf emblem for 30minutes rather than 20seconds(i thinks a glitch but idk) and fricken +90% dagger damage+30 from wolf+30 from tome+chill(sage chill+extra 10)=roughly about 160 attack level w/ no shards
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    1. get wolf emblem for 30minutes rather than 20seconds(i thinks a glitch but idk)

20% rage dmg all of the time is pretty much the same as 40% rage dmg half of the time. The difference is that the 40% gives you spike.

and fricken +90% dagger damage+30 from wolf+30 from tome+chill(sage chill+extra 10)=roughly about 160 attack level w/ no shards

ROFL? Where did you get 160 from? 35 from sage Chill +30 from blessing=65. And since demon Sin can also get blessing, you really are looking at the difference of 5 attack levels. Who uses Chill pass 70 anyways?
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    guess the troll has to go study some maths lol and he needs to learn how to read ...
    1. wolf emblem increases your rage dmg, which isnt the same like attack lvl
    2. dagger devotion only increases the dmg from your weapon by 60%(90% when sage), which isn't the same as attack lvl too

if you want the max att lvl on your sin you should go for full nirvana armor, the 3 times combined cube nexk and put DoT in every socket of your armor.

I dont know about the att lvl bonus form the nirvana set and im too lazy to search for it now, but i think it was about attack lvl+10

so lets say u have...
    +10 att lvl full nirvana armor
    +3 att lvl cube neck 3 times combined
    +35 att lvl sage CoD
    +30 att lvl jones blessing
    +30 att lvl 4 DoT in every armor part and 2 DoT in the weapon
    +108 att lvl

+30 att lvl useing frenzy
    +138 att lvl as a maximum reachable!(Maybe a little more if nirvana set gives u more from its bonus) But u will never be able to reach att lvl+160 lol unless u have a warsoul weapon like the crazy sin on an pve server lol
    But since warsoul weapons are unreachable for 99.9% of the players i don't count them.
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Flip a coin... either way you're going to stealth kill things. Sins are good at that w/out having demon or sage.
    edited July 2010
    unless u have a warsoul weapon like the crazy sin on an pve server lol

OMG.... who is this crazy kid??? :O

wht i have to do to get this weapon? xD
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    guess the troll has to go study some maths lol and he needs to learn how to read ...
    1. wolf emblem increases your rage dmg, which isnt the same like attack lvl
    2. dagger devotion only increases the dmg from your weapon by 60%(90% when sage), which isn't the same as attack lvl too

if you want the max att lvl on your sin you should go for full nirvana armor, the 3 times combined cube nexk and put DoT in every socket of your armor.

I dont know about the att lvl bonus form the nirvana set and im too lazy to search for it now, but i think it was about attack lvl+10

so lets say u have...
    +10 att lvl full nirvana armor
    +3 att lvl cube neck 3 times combined
    +35 att lvl sage CoD
    +30 att lvl jones blessing
    +30 att lvl 4 DoT in every armor part and 2 DoT in the weapon
    +108 att lvl

+30 att lvl useing frenzy
    +138 att lvl as a maximum reachable!(Maybe a little more if nirvana set gives u more from its bonus) But u will never be able to reach att lvl+160 lol unless u have a warsoul weapon like the crazy sin on an pve server lol
    But since warsoul weapons are unreachable for 99.9% of the players i don't count them.

just some info.

frenzy is 20 levels,
    nirvana 2 set gives 5 attack levels. 5 and 6 piece bonus are defense levels
    1st cube is 1
    2nd cube is 3 (3 first necks)
    3rd cube gives 5 (3 2nd stage necks b:shocked)
  • Neddih - Harshlands
    Neddih - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Anyone have a few thousand gold laying around i can haveb:sad

You can play this game and do well without using much cash but there is a limit and some of these things seem insane to achieve in a reasonable ammount of time (years) without tons of cash.

btw i think we are a bit off subject for demon vs. sage cause anyone is insane with all that gear.

both demon and sage have pros and cons. Seems most people i see on harsh are demon because of the spark. I went sage for a bit better tanking/survivability and some skills i like more.

Look at the skills and the sparks and decide for yourself. Its not concrete like it used to be, so you can still change it down the road if you really wanted.

ijsb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lptm94
    lptm94 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd say demon is better. Having more aps combined with condensed thorn means ALL tanks go down if you can keep them stun locked. Which can be done since aps'n gives chi and you have many skills which provide you chi. you can fill your 3 sparks again with just 3 moves plus the chi you get while aps'n. And as for sage vs demon, sage sins will always have advantage over demon sins bc of their buffs. But demon sins have aps on their side. Use your genie to anti stun/become inmune to damage if you get to stun lock the sage sin or if he doesn't leave you alone. If you survive until their tidal is down then the rest is pretty easy. Demon will always be better stunlocking. Plus no offense, but PWI's sins relay on their gears and have no skill at all. they just boom aps and everything dies bc they get r9 +12. Yes gears help (a lot which i consider unfair bc a noob can kill a skilled player just bc of having good gears) but if you know what you're doing then it is possible to kill anything you want. Example, my sin is just level 98 and i've killed r9 sins that FAIL HARD. Most of them just stealth spark lower levels and they feel pro about it ahaha.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lptm94 wrote: »
    I'd say demon is better. Having more aps...

You make demon sins look bad when you can't read and post in threads that are 2 1/2 years old. Please don't necro threads.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    -Closed- b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Time to put this one down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!