Gimped Wiz -- Or something more?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_Anderson - Lost City
    Mr_Anderson - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's just a Wiz with less mana. If we want a spell caster, we'll get a good one."

So of course I told him my mana pool may be lower, but I can out DD almost any Wiz at my around my level.

Do you think we're a clone? Do you think we're good in squads as DDs?. ;x

i find that the class is excellent in solo pk, and i actually have more mana than alot of wizards my same level, i do steady high damage, definately can outdamage a wizard, especially in a pk situation simply because of a wizards obscene cooldowns and the fact that as a psy, i can basically stand still, no kiting. I think the guy you met is a moron, psy's are like ranged BM's...which is AWESOME!

BUT

Wizards have insane skills, they were the original damage dealing spellcasters

BUT

Psy's have better range

SO I GUESS

which would you rather have? duel .357 pistols, or a mossberg shotgun?
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i find that the class is excellent in solo pk, and i actually have more mana than alot of wizards my same level, i do steady high damage, definately can outdamage a wizard, especially in a pk situation simply because of a wizards obscene cooldowns and the fact that as a psy, i can basically stand still, no kiting. I think the guy you met is a moron, psy's are like ranged BM's...which is AWESOME!

BUT

BUT

Psy's have better range

SO I GUESS

which would you rather have? duel .357 pistols, or a mossberg shotgun?

u talk alot **** XD

1. i doubt u have more mana than wizz
    2. wizz got same range or sage/demon skills longer than 30m for psyhic? i doubt
    3. psy like range bm? i dont want comment this just listed XD
    4. i dont got the sense in this
    BUT
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u talk alot **** XD

1. i doubt u have more mana than wizz
    2. wizz got same range or sage/demon skills longer than 30m for psyhic? i doubt
    3. psy like range bm? i dont want comment this just listed XD
    4. i dont got the sense in this

1. I dunno, i have ALOT of mana, basically, it's never really a problem, health is more of a concern
    2. I read that somewhere that we outrange the wiz with a bunch of our skills
    3. forgot about cool stuff like soulforce, even though idon't understand it, it's probably a nice little edge... but i dunno
    4. I mean DPH, no one can touch em, then again i haven't gotten high up there in lvls, i hear demon aqua blast is killer?

If your not trash talking, ur doin somethin wrong lol
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1. I dunno, i have ALOT of mana, basically, it's never really a problem, health is more of a concern
    3. forgot about cool stuff like soulforce, even though idon't understand it, it's probably a nice little edge... but i dunno
    4. I mean DPH, no one can touch em, then again i haven't gotten high up there in lvls, i hear demon aqua blast is killer?

i guess most psys and wiz got the same stat build which is pure mag build or hybrid build for good dmg so the mana you get from the stats is more or less the same. Wizards should have more mana when they max out their wellspring quarf which adds another 60% of your mana points. But its not the total amount of mana points that matters rather you should also consider that wiz skills are really mana consuming even if you dont use ultis so the higher mana is more than welcome.

Another important point is that wiz really needs the 79 skills to compete in pvp. Psys got more skills with sideeffects like stunning / debuffing / slowing / dmg reflect.... than wiz. With their channeling slow spell i guees there is no way to get killed by a wis if the wiz doesnt have 2sparks + chi

both classes are nice but i have to admit that i sometimes wish my sandstorm would also have aoe effect or stuff like that. Becaus in my understanding wiz is the aoe nuke class but it seems like psy got more usefull aoes than wiz and most of them require less chi

greetz harm0wnie
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

i bet u dont know what is the trash talking.

1. +60% mana in wizzard side what help them recovery more mana with 60% from 2nd/3rd spark burst compared with cleric psy. +60% not a little amountbecause basically with extrem gear with lot int a poure mage build have over 16k.vs 10k.(its recover back with each 3rd spark 3200 instead 2000 and somebody said eat more mp but he dont compared the sage/demon psy and cleric skill with wizz what u spam in tt)
    2. if u readed only then why u say this? wizard got good rangesince he is wizzard not a support class or tamer.
    3. its really cool, yes, but with this far u dont have similiar ability than a wr, not even comparable.
    4. because u are a solo caster class, same with wizz. this needed if u arent a support and a bit more forced the solo.. whatever jonas is nice help too in this.
  • /ra - Dreamweaver10
    /ra - Dreamweaver10 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Am I the only person who can barely understand Shadowvzs? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    no.... it took me a bit to read what ever language that was.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Same

10char
    edited July 2010
    Options
    both classes are nice but i have to admit that i sometimes wish my sandstorm would also have aoe effect or stuff like that. Becaus in my understanding wiz is the aoe nuke class but it seems like psy got more usefull aoes than wiz and most of them require less chi

greetz harm0wnie

i only have the first aoe, aqua cannon, it basically deals damage when things have you in melee range, is that more or less useful than the ice spell aoe that wizards have?
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    are you comparing aqua cannon to hailstorm? cuz if so.... aqua cannon is totally OP lol.... best aoe you have that doesnt use chi even though its point blank 360 degree aoe

if ur comparing aqua cannon to BIDS... BIDS totally owns
  • raely
    raely Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I like my psy, but my friend said Wiz is better for TW than psy, is that accurate?
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    raely wrote: »
    I like my psy, but my friend said Wiz is better for TW than psy, is that accurate?

incomparable. they both do different things in tw.

Wiz is just about nuke... and nuke only

Psychic is a mixture of all, they're sort of like an arcane bm(depending on your build ofc). Many crowd control aoes, assisting buffs/heals for squad, nice survaiblity if you know what your doing, psy can have very high hits, very good for ridding of fast attackers and low hp(kinda how wiz just nukes those people though)
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Felt good to be the only squishy to survive alongside the Heavy armor dudes. b:laugh

Probably survived because the wizard pulled aggo meaning he did more damage than you. Still feel good?

Dont compare a wiz to a psy lol
    I never saw a wiz being able to tank FB 99 Bosses...i did today. And my gear isnt the best.

Wonders how much damage you did on that boss, and how long it took the rest of your squad to kill it. Do all psychics put Alpha Male on their genies? I suppose Psychics CAN make good meat sticks, if that's what you think is fun. I don't exactly think that is the way the class is SUPPOSED to be played

Psy's are just the best class, hands down.

Um, don't forget face down too. I've seen psychics die in PvE instances more than any other class. And its not even close.

raely wrote: »

If Psychic gets the edge in any case, I think it would have to be for squaded PvE instances for the most part. I have been in many squads where psychics have substituted for the BM and had virtually no problems (bishop boss was, well, interesting, but other than that . . . .) Also, Wizards have virtually no skills in terms of squad support, and people say Psychic's DPS is better, but I don't know if that includes a Wizard with sage/demon skills which channel faster and of couse essential sutra with eliminiates our channel time completely. Note to self: check the psychic scores vs the wiz scores (non-herb pickers/quest stackers, lol) for the event next time.

In PvP/TW, I think the edge has to go to the Wizard, but I am in TW squads all the time with Psychics and they do just fine, although I wish they would stun those barbs more (especially when we have no BM in squad) instead of hitting them once, I hit them once, and they holy path right past us and out of range . . . . Noone can get enough DD on a cata barb if he's MOVING.

Comparing Psychics to Wizards is pointless. Sure, they are both casters, but their skills are just so different. Any Wizard would love to have psychics AoE, particularly that stun, and buffs/debuffs, but any Psychic would love to have the Wizard's nukes, stone barrier, undine strike (reduce earth/water resistance 60%, hello!). But hell, I'd also like to have the Barb's buffs, the BM's stuns and HF, the clerics heals and buffs, the venos pets and debuffs, the sins stealth, etc.

Other than sins, which are a little OP i think most would concede, the classes are fairly well balanced. What isn't balanced is the players' collective egos.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Probably survived because the wizard pulled aggo meaning he did more damage than you. Still feel good?

Ya cause my damage was higher than his. And for that reason, I was used to WAITING to cast. Wiz just ran in and zhen'd immediately.

Comparing Psychics to Wizards is pointless. Sure, they are both casters, but their skills are just so different.

And after a couple pages of hearing this, I'm sorry but I'd like to remind us all of something:

Pyrogram
    Range 28.5meters
    Mana 141
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Spiritual Initiate
    Using the force of the Raging Flame, cast out onto the enemy a
    blazing pyrogram. Inflicts Fire damage equal to 100% of
    weapon damage plus base magic damage plus 1379.6.
    Aqua Impact
    Range 28.5 Meters
    Mana 141
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Deals a damage equals to you basic magical attack plus
    100% gear attack and another
    1372.6 Water damage.
    Has a 50% chance to slow target by 40%.
    Lasts for 8.0 seconds.

Gush
    Range 28.5meters
    Mana 144
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds

Force a powerful Water column to spew up from the ground
    causing enemies to suffer Water damage equal to base magic
    damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1372.6.
    Has a 92% chance so slow enemy's speed by 40% for 8.0 seconds.

Sandstorm
    Range 28.5meters
    Mana 337.5
    Channel 2.5 seconds
    Cast 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Project a powerful wave of sand onto a target. Inflicts Earth
    damage equal to base magic attack plus 300% of weapon
    damage plus 4288.4 and decreases enemy's accuracy by 50%
    for 10 seconds.

Sandburst Blast
    Range 28.5 Meters
    Mana 337.5
    Channel 0.8 seconds
    Cast 2.2 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulshpere

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Discord
    Deals a damage equals to you basic magical attack plus
    200% gear attack and another
    3216.5 Earth damage to all targets within 8 meters.
    Has a chance to reduce target's accuracy by 50%,
    Lasts for 10.0 seconds.

Essential Sutra
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds

Requisite Cultivation Transcendant
    Use your vigor to recover 10% of your maximum Mana,
    and make spells afterward require no channeling for 6 seconds.

Costs two Sparks

Tide Spirit
    Mana 200
    Channel 0.6 seconds
    Cast 1.6 seconds
    Cooldown 60.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Requisite Cultivation Transcendent
    Increases your magic weapon damage by 100% for 15 seconds.
    Also increases channeling speed for 6 seconds.
    This skill does not stack with the Rainbow Blessing genie skill.

Costs two Sparks

I know Wizards and Psys would like to stop being compared, but c'mon let's face it: they're damn similar with a lot of their skills.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Except that they are fire element and we are earth/water.

But yeah.

If it satisfies them to call us ripoff wizards, then have it. But keep that **** out of our forum.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    Aesciret - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Except that they are fire element and we are earth/water.

But yeah.

If it satisfies them to call us ripoff wizards, then have it. But keep that **** out of our forum.

Wizzys are fire, earth and water; not just fire.
  • Thunder_fist - Harshlands
    Thunder_fist - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    for me the only way i can beat a psy is if i have 220 chi. Other than that they earth vector and bye byeb:bye
    220 chi > force of will > 220 chi > undine strike (to break SoR) > 220 chi > soporific whisper > 200 chi > blade tempest > 10k+ damage thanks for coming out!

Now that i think about it. If you already know a psy's tricks and you are playing against one, you can use their buffs against them lol...

Wizard is really a chi dependant class, while i play my psy it isnt as chi dependant pvp wise as my wiz. Most of the time my sparks go to psy will, earth vector or sage spark(for ninja attacks) but other than that i dont really use sparks.

10k+ with BT? hmm you sure the psys you are fighting have gear on?u expect urself to be hittin 10ks on lvl 9x psys bro? unless its a fail 1 who runs with black voodoo, other than that ur BT WONT 1 shot them and also with all that said i didnt even talk about any of the tactics which can be used to prevent u from BTing.. psy will, soulburn( my lvl arcanes i hit them around 2.2k per soulburn tick if i remember correctly) b:bye
  • Sophocles - Raging Tide
    Sophocles - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    to people who think wizards are better than psychics:

lets have a duel between a wizard and a psychic.

i'll assume that the psychic will attack faster and do maybe slightly less damage. but whent he damage is hardly lower i think the casting speed will win it.
  • Sophocles - Raging Tide
    Sophocles - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    only one thing irritates me about the psychic. when you go to create a character and read what the description of psychic is. it says:'psychics gave up the pursuit of the elements' or something like that.
    so i was hoping for some non-elemental spells-_-
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i was hoping for some non-elemental spells-_-

KanariaRose casts flare*
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have not read this whole thread.

Furthermore, I play a wizard, not a psychic.

However, someone calling psychics "gimped wizards" makes about the same amount of sense that they would make calling blademasters "gimped barbarians" or calling wizards "gimped psychics". Ok, sure, if you limit yourself that would be true, but that would just be dumb.

Psychics and Wizards have complementary skill sets, and if you have one of each (and if they are good), you have a very strong party. Consider, for example wizard undine strike with many psychic spells (assuming you have a situation worth the 800 mana it costs the wizard and where doing high damage will not pull aggro and kill you). Or, psychic empowered vigor and bubble of life with [leveled] wizard heals (that's enough healing for many squads that do not need the 50% damage reduction or purifies that a cleric can dish out, though of course combined with a cleric it can be even better...)

Of course psychics also complement other classes. But I do not play many other classes so I am not very prepared to describe most of those interactions.

Anyways, if your goal is to "be a wizard" and you are a psychic, you would never be anything other than a cheap imitation. Wizards, by definition, are the class best suited for being wizards.

But most of the time people do not really want wizards. Sometimes they do, but wizards are not essential like the ever classic "defeat almost anything" barbarian+cleric teams.

Also, you guys have fast reaction spells -- wizards can only react quickly maybe 10% of the time, and then that skill goes on cooldown. And you all have a wide assortment of close range AoEs (which are great, for example, in pulling adds off clerics -- especially if you can get your white voodoo up so you can hold that aggro off of the cleric).

And your empowered vigor... I am sorry but any tank that does not like empowered vigor is a fool. And someone should write up a guide for tanks and soul of vengeance. If that is not a "help the tank hold aggro" skill, I do not know what is. Sure, it has a mana cost (unless you are sage), but if you read other threads you know that a lot of barbarians struggle to hold aggro.

And... so on....

Finally, from my point of view, if you want parties to respect psychics you have to be thinking in terms of "how can I make my party successful"? I feel you should not even bother thinking about wizards, in this context, unless you have one (or some) in your party.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Psy's have better range

See... this is an example of the sort of thinking that results in psychics being called "gimped wizards".

With a few exceptions (like lower level fire AoEs), wizards have 28.5m range on level 10 skills and 30m range when they upgrade to sage/demon skills. And demon wizards can eventually get a 35m range aoe stun. Meanwhile, most psychic sage/demon skills are 28m or 28.5m (or shorter range).

When I get into a PvP fight with a psychic, I do my best to stay max range or near max range, and if I get too close I expect to be in a lot of trouble. Of course, this can also help even against wizards (in part because so many wizards do not level their key skills). Still, if I were playing a psychics and I were fighting a wizard, I imagine one of my major goals would be to get into soulburn range or maybe even landslide/aquacannon range, and surviving there long enough to make a difference.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    KanariaRose casts flare*

+2 for the FF reference.

Psy's and Wiz's are pretty much on equal terms. It honestly depends on who has the right barriers on, and who hits first. Both are good DDs. IF you want fast, you pick a psy. If you want strong, you pick a Wiz. If you want Cleric/Tank, you pick a Psy. If you want a DD...

Oh wait, I said that already.

So, I've been building a hybrid Psychic. (So far, 65 VIT, 203 MAG, 30 Dex, 75 STR.) Thus far, I have been able to tank bosses higher than my level. (Empyrean Slither anybody?) and play cleric in several BH's. (29, 39, and almost 51.)

Are we better than wizards? It depends on the players and the builds and the gear. I say we're equal.
    Are we wannabe wiz's? hell no. Are we like Sins? DEFINATELY NOT. You see red named sin's all the time. You barely see Red named Psychics. We're the "I COULD take your head off, but I don't want to" side of the Tideborn. People frequently overlook us, and compare us to wizards or Sins.

Yes, it's annoying....but wait until there are more high level Psychics. People won't be laughing then. (I'm working on it, really!)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    10k+ with BT? hmm you sure the psys you are fighting have gear on?u expect urself to be hittin 10ks on lvl 9x psys bro? unless its a fail 1 who runs with black voodoo, other than that ur BT WONT 1 shot them and also with all that said i didnt even talk about any of the tactics which can be used to prevent u from BTing.. psy will, soulburn( my lvl arcanes i hit them around 2.2k per soulburn tick if i remember correctly) b:bye

umm ya 10k+ with BT isnt too hard with frenzy and ya they use black voodoo cause um they are trying to kill me. And i sleep them before i BT so you cant soulburn and i love the domain psys. Just cancel BT FoW > BT thanks for coming out. See man, i play a psy so i know pretty much most psy tactics and how to get around them. Its funny you think im gonna stand still and channel a 4 second ulti that costs 2 sparks (im a crit wiz so not much chan) and not make sure it hurts...lol at you!

Anyways, did a TT run on my psy. Im not really noticing a huge DPS difference after counting cast + channel. Hmm...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

If a wizard and a Psy are told to kill people when they don't have any chi, the Wiz will do better. If they both have full chi, the Psy will do better. In long battles Wizards stay strong, whereas Psys perform amazing in short bursts but lack stamina to last long.

A Psy focuses on reaching an extremely powerful level at the cost of being weaker at other times, whereas a Wiz just has good all-around stats.
    A Psy that runs out to fight a barb with three sparks and Diminished Vigor ready on hand will probably succeed where the Wizard may fail. Should the Psy have none of that ready going into battle, then it probably won't do nearly as well as the wizard.

i agree. i have quite a bit of wiz friends, lvl 101, 96, and 77. and i have my psy 64, and an old friend who was 91. in the time it takes a wiz to cast say 1 of their ultis, a psy could have preformed an ulti and a few regular skills. wiz i have to admit will always be more superior b:avoid they have weps with higher spikes, aka glaive and pataka. they have a skill at 100 that takes max mana and divides it by 100% and adds that to dmg. but i do love psys, psys can out dmg a wiz if u try and lvl skills nicely, with their skills they can cast several debuffs, stuns, slows and u can out dmg any1
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok people some wizards do have long channeling but wtf. You guys act like we will just press the BT/MS/BIDS hotkey and do nothing else to make sure we get that ulti off????????

Range 20meters
    Mana 600
    Channel Instant
    Cooldown 2minutes

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity.
    The other spell developed by grand Wizard Tien. It is the Wizard version
    of Chromatic Seal. Puts the target to sleep for 4 seconds.

Requires 20 Chi.
    Range 28.5meters
    Mana 255
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 2.0 seconds
    Cooldown 21seconds

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Coalescence
    Launches an invisible explosion at the target, interrupting
    its current channelling, silencing it, and making it unable
    to attack for 5.0 seconds.
    Range 5 meters
    Energy 135
    Stamina 999
    Instant
    Cooldown 180 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Makes yourself and all allies within 5 meters immune to all damage for 4.0 seconds
    and immune to immobilization for 2 seconds afterwards

3 ways a wizard can get an ulti on you no problem so if one doesnt work, just cancel the ulti and switch to a different one of the other 2. What i like to do is use FoW first and channel a BT, the psy will freak out and use domain. Then i wait a bit for the domain immobilization immune then soporific whisper and BT. Nothing you can do.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • worldsanctuary
    worldsanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lets have a duel between a wizard and a psychic.

First, wiz best skills are massive AoE damage. Let the archers duel. I'll TW.

Second, if a wiz gets off blade tempest, psychic will likely be dead. I have dumped super well geared level 100 psychics with blade tempest, and I've only got a +6 sensoid.

If not, the psychic may very well win.

Not sure what this is supposed to prove. Again, comparing is somewhat silly without context. Psychic beats wiz at duel, therefore . . . what? Other than that particular psychic beat that particular wiz in that particular duel, I am not sure how you could expect to deduce much else.b:shutup
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Believe me when I say this....if you duel a wizard and a psychic at the same level with the same gear and the same stats...here's what you get.

So I have a 20 Psychic and a 20 Wizard (who is my friend....I wasn't playing him, though.) We both have on absolutely nothing except the Perfect Military Longsword/Soulsphere.

At level 20, the Psychic won, dealing damage faster than the Wizard could. Wizard put up Earth Shield, but that honestly didn't help much. Psychic saved himself with WV, and SoV.

NOW, I got my friend JrWizzard (who is the same level as I am) to do the same thing. (After watching the noobs fight to the death.) We're both level 69, about to hit 70. We both have our TT 60 gear equipped with Sunsprite's Gear, unsharded, unsocketed, uncolored, to be fair.

At first, yeah, I was dealing decent damage....right up until I made the mistake of switching to Black Voodoo, after stunning him. The stun, the minute it broke, wasn't going to save me. Jr casted a couple of DoTs and shot down a couple of other things I wouldn't possibly know because I don't play a Wizard....and pretty much three shot me.

So in the long run, who goes uncontested? Wizards are still the damage nukes. Yes, Psychics could refine the hell out of their gear, but does that make them better? I might just have to do another test here in a few levels....(like....almost 20. xD)

In a nutshell:
    Psychics are special because we have our barriers. We have water and earth damage. When someone hits us, we make sure people pay for it. We have the ability to tank, we have the ability to heal. We have a very nice assembly of AoE's, which hardly cost anything when you take a look at the damage.

In a nutshell:
    Wizards are the original magic casters. They have Fire, Earth, and Water damage. They can put up Physical attack barriers. They can make their HP/MP go up quicker. They have an ability which heals a single target very decently, despite the casting time. They are the nukes of the magical world.

.....And if I actually played a wizard, I could tell you a whole bunch of other things about Wizards that are cool, but playing anything other than my new main bores me.
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok people some wizards do have long channeling but wtf. You guys act like we will just press the BT/MS/BIDS hotkey and do nothing else to make sure we get that ulti off????????

3 ways a wizard can get an ulti on you no problem so if one doesnt work, just cancel the ulti and switch to a different one of the other 2. What i like to do is use FoW first and channel a BT, the psy will freak out and use domain. Then i wait a bit for the domain immobilization immune then soporific whisper and BT. Nothing you can do.

Yes Wizards have many good spells, and given the psys and Wizards gear level they can 1 shot us as well with a well timed sleep + BT.

But to do this the Wiz would have to get the drop on me, and well to be fair, any class would have an advantage in that case.

I even make a habit to use adrenaline surge before I pop my big sage Tide Spirit wall of hurt.

Like I said I'm not saying Wizards can't beat me, I've fought plenty of very skilled ones.

As it stands right now though Wizards Veno's and assassins(The ones that can't attack 6 times in a second b:chuckle) are the easiest classes for me to beat.
    Who doesn't love pie!?