5APS Axes

Options

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    0 Channel Wiz > 5 APS Archer (bow for far, fist for close) > 5 APS BM > 5 APS Barb > 5 APS Sin > all others
    Seriously man do you even realize casting would still exist? Assuming you get 1 spell per second, that's not even close to the damage a 5aps archer would do. b:bye

You do realize for your nonsense to happen the archer would have to do more than 5 times less damage, right? I don't know that many archers that do 5 times less damage than a wizard's gush, equally geared ofc.

If you can't see why magic classes tend to suck even at extremes then you should probably research a bit more before spewing wrong facts.

(and besides, some spells and nukes like sandstorm and glacial snare have longer than 1 second cast time >_> gush has 3 sec cooldown too)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think you realize what 5 aps can do.

Coupled with -20% HP, +30dmg, and -40% pdef I'm full aware. Good venos are rare and understandably. Idiots were told it's how to make money, and others are just in it for the free pets. In a squad of 5 5aps 'ers and 1 decent veno: none of those 5 ApSers is going to contribute as much dmg as the veno. Add a pet on a [?] and more so.
    Seen Illusion Lord dropping before first armageddon with two 5 aps BMs and nobody else in squad.

Could be done with one.
    just fyi 5 aps compared to let's say, 2, means 2.5 times more damage, that's more than perma HF (veno's amplify doesn't even come close to that, either). Not to mention having 5 aps makes you able to perma spark, that's even more insane damage.

You're ignoring that amp is on top of that, not in addition to. Sage Soul Degeneration alone takes 1/5 the HP from the target. In a squad of 6 5aps'ers all contributing equally: they simply cannot out do it. +30% amp on 4 of them is 120% again making it more than having a 5th 5aps'er.

I'm just speaking from the veno's perspective. A proper Wiz, Psy build should be comparable as well. One problem is that a lot of these toons have opted for fail vit builds instead of maximizing their effectiveness.

We're also ignoring AoE. Someone was arguing in the veno forums about -int venos being OP, but those -int venos can't compare in all situations: in fact they're very limited. For DD'ing on bosses: great. For AoE'ing or collecting drops: not.

ps. Lets just ignore Yulk since I think we can all agree on fail there.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    ps. Lets just ignore Yulk since I think we can all agree on fail there.

I don't think Yulk can be classified as fail anymore. After reading his latest posts, I think we've discovered a new specimen.

I believe he had conveniently suggested an adjective for people like himself. I think it was..."phail"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    awww poor 8x wanna-be wants a pat on the back :P ask Asheera to do that

I quit this character a long time ago, kept it for posting on forums with consistency though, and please, do as I said above

STOP ****ING POSTING
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A proper Wiz, Psy build should be comparable as well.
    Like what?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    About cast time on wizzy, when we are talking about 5aps archers, the wizzy naturaly doesn't stop at -100% channel. I think when thinking about more -int than possible, we should also concider more -channel than possible. Something like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Supposedly you can't do that on legit servers (posted the same video on a channeling thread a while back)
    That's just one guy's word, though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    About cast time on wizzy, when we are talking about 5aps archers, the wizzy naturaly doesn't stop at -100% channel. I think when thinking about more -int than possible, we should also concider more -channel than possible. Something like this:

That guy openly admits he is on a private server. So this vid is void.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Coupled with -20% HP, +30dmg, and -40% pdef I'm full aware. Good venos are rare and understandably. Idiots were told it's how to make money, and others are just in it for the free pets. In a squad of 5 5aps 'ers and 1 decent veno: none of those 5 ApSers is going to contribute as much dmg as the veno. Add a pet on a [?] and more so.

I'll agree with you on the veno being good to assist bms, but I think your not really including the true raw dmg of fists with int. and say in a duo situation where a 5 aps bm is trying to decide who else to bring, a second 5 aps bm is the better choice. since the veno's bonuses really strongly rely on the amount of other dmg going onto the boss. And just something to throw out there, Deicides (most common 5aps claw) debuff -10% hp. So missing sage degen isn't that big, The 40% pdef debuff can also be matched with clerics debuff, or beaten by barbs devour (who also get strength of the titans). and veno pet on [?] though greatly out dmgs other classes at lower lvl. compared to 5aps its nothing.

And then also I'll agree with you on the good veno's are rare. which is probably why most squads don't bother looking for them. as much.

oh and you forgot to add bramble. which is another thing up for venos. :)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Instant cast was possible on legit servers. There has been reports that it was patched, but nobody has posted a video about it yet.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Instant cast was possible on legit servers. There has been reports that it was patched, but nobody has posted a video about it yet.

well maybe there is hope for -int to be nerfed too then.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    full instant cast is more op then 5apsb:chuckle
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrDrakkentre - Lost City
    DrDrakkentre - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most archers with +5 and below bow can't hold aggro against me and I'm just a veno. b:chuckle Not all archers have the -20% hp debuff and none have the +30% amp either. Before most toons are even to the next boss: a good veno often already has it -20% hp and +30% dmg. The whole 5aps thing is way over rated. What happened was the cash shoppers / power players jumped on it ignoring all contributory factors (-20% hp, +30% dmg -40% pdef, etc). You can't replace a good veno, Wiz, etc. A veno passing sparks also contributes to the more frequent Heaven's Flame. People say that 5aps breaks the game. The 5aps is merely 1 aspect of the dps. It's high time other toons started exploiting their OP.
    You don't get it do you. We're not talking 5 aps as in aps fist or 5 aps daggers. This is 5 aps bow we're talking of: Archers already hit alot of spike dmg with bow; imagine hitting the same spike dmg 5 times a second.... This would way out dmg any Mage class as 5 bow hits >fast casting mage skill... Also note you haven't experienced this as bow can't go anywhere past even 2 aps <_<
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=81d50891a98c1f7b
    sorry, 4aps is all I can get you b:sad

Also, I don't think 0 chan wizzies has higher potential dps than an archer/sin, seeing as casting times still exist.
    Here ya go

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ae9ea0485cea33fd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well maybe there is hope for -int to be nerfed too then.

That was a glitch, interval works like it should.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

The bracers cannot have a quality of -0.10. Instead, they can have the quality of -0.05. Multiply by 3, you get -0.15, which is equal to the bracers Smobo posted (which has an inherent -0.10 and a set obnus of -0.15).
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Protip: Anything with more than one interval add is pretty much impossible and non-existant. 3? Lolgoodone.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah, the developers made it so that it's impossible to go below 6.67 Aps(0.15sec per attack), sigh... I wanted infinite Aps (just need that -.15 attack interval blessing :D) b:laugh
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It has been capped at -90%. If you have ever used Essential Sutra you would have known that.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    we can all pitch in and buy me a warsoul k? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Talkblade - Raging Tide
    Talkblade - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Finally got them after so much hard work, they kickass baby b:shocked

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=321fe1bd60c9a690
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It has been capped at -90%. If you have ever used Essential Sutra you would have known that.

-99% is still possible. All "no channel" stuff is -90% though, and after going over -99% it will go back to -90%.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That sounds really weird and a very bad "fix" in my opinion, but I'll take your word for it then.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That sounds really weird and a very bad "fix" in my opinion, but I'll take your word for it then.

Well, there aren't many things they have fixed completely. Btw there was a post about this when the -138% chan video was first post on the forums. I couldn't find it anymore though.
  • __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cool story, bro.

Hey.. You.. +100.
    OmgPwnage
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    mine haz 100aps...b:shocked

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=dff17adfac41c77f
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Get those in game, then we can talk! :DDD
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    5 atps axes.....bows....0 chan casters .... - int blessing ...

Omg , stop giving them ideas .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That guy openly admits he is on a private server. So this vid is void.

I don't think we are still in the realms of legit servers when talking about 5aps bows b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that is a private server while this isnt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyEo9dV0KiY
    op or not, wont match any 5aps DD but will be more than any other wiz plus more skills used -> more sparks and 3 spark again. i dont know in how much time you can get 3 sparks with -89% channeling, anyone done that? xD
    Finally got them after so much hard work, they kickass baby b:shocked

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=321fe1bd60c9a690
    funny, the real tekk has more hp that this barb with +20 vit stones that doesnt exist in pwi
    ok... you didnt use true form