Your Experience With Each Class - What's Your Opinion

13»

Comments

• Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just wanna say. If you're dying on your wizard a lot, you're kinda doing it wrong. Seriously. Yes, they're squishy, yes, they're slow channeling compared to the psychic. But there isn't any real reason you should be dying outside on the map.

I play a:

97 Veno:

Easily I love my veno. My very first character on the game. I don't let my pet do all the tanking or work. Nothing better than to go fox form, amp, purge, genie, stun, back into human, Ironwood, and just nuke while the pet whacks and whacks and whacks. Let's face it, if you had the possibility of farming all of your gear for yourself without the drama, wambulance, and QQing of fking squads that just want to make you RAGE all over their face, there is a huge chance you would take it. I adore knowing that I don't need -anyone- to really get stuff done for me. Exception being..mm...69? Which I don't do anymore. This isn't an ego "zomg, herc veno thinks she can do it all on her own." Its merely me being comfortable with the veno class being exactly what it is. A solo class. Sure, it lacks in the damage department according to other classes, but its sexy, its fun, and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

and I play a

87 Wizard.

Honestly, outside of Gamma? I have died less than ten times on my wizard. I have a pure magic build on her with Garnets and HP shards in my armor. When I made her in the beginning, I knew exactly what she was going to get into. The main problem being low physical defense and low HP. Because of that, I made sure to keep her with apos/pots, keep her skills leveled, and, most importantly, run when she can't handle the mobs anymore. Distance shrink, fly? Even distance shrink, gush, and running, no mob should really be able to reach you. And in the early early early levels, how the hell are you dying anyway? As for her defense, elemental is outrageous, the physical can be easily fixed with some shards and maxing out the Stone barrier.

I'm not sure about any of the other classes, but I wouldn't give up my Wiz or my Veno for the world. And I have tried a psy before, I got bored with it too quickly. Yeah, you can kill quickly. With the voodoo amp, you're pretty monster. But you're finished quicker than a wiz anyday, and I honestly would hate to be in TW with it xD
  • _dark_blade_ - Raging Tide_1282157600
    edited July 2010
    Barb: very high hitpoints and on of my fav classes.can only choose from 4 different animals so alot of people look the same!

Blademaster:high meele but low hp!

so there the only ones i have played!

Hope i helpedb:laugh
  • Anamaris - Raging Tide
    Anamaris - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Most of these opinions are based on my experiences in squads.

Psychic: my main, I like to give my characters a persona when playing and my Psychic by far has the most unique skills to back up her strange look. The power to kill mobs before they reach you, the benevolence to heal 1k hitpoints to your comrades with a single spell (that makes a Cleric's job easier), and the stylish speed that comes when swinging the Soulsphere in the air. Adaptation is what drew me in to this all-in-one class. Getting into a squad however is usually somewhat difficult, thanks to Psychics that don't know their place. We're meant to stand behind the Cleric, a safe distance away, and deal damage to mobs that the tank has engaged. That's it, we're not meant to take on dungeon monsters one on one. We're supposed to know when to switch between Black and White Voodoo and I'd hate to be the Cleric to be in a squad with a Psy that doesn't.

Cleric: I love everything about them. Even the worst Cleric is useful in a squad if they can atleast heal. Without them, we'd blow through HP pots like virgins at a glory hole. Whenever I see that column of light on my character, I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I have very little chance of death. <3

Barbarian: another class I couldn't survive without being in a squad with. Although most of the Barbs I've worked with have a monster ego, they have a monster defense that can't be replaced. I'd only wish that the lower level ones could hold their aggro a bit better. Roar?

Wizard: not fond of them at all. The only times I find them useful is when dealing with a group of enemies at once. Only until levels 60+ is when they become a real asset to a group. I enjoy working with their wit in combat and standing right next to them, sending waves of magic damage across the screen. I'm only disappointed when they stay quiet as if they're mysterious.. speak up a bit..

Assassin: whenever I see that name in my squad, I give myself a facepalm. If anything has caused my squad to wipe out the most, it'd be Assassins and their inability to contribute steady, non-aggro stealing damage.

Archer: I had to count how many classes I wrote about on this post, because I completely forgot about Archers. Yeah, I'd rather have a Psychic or Wizard for DD'ing..

Blademaster: a cute class that I like dungeoneering with. Their AoEs and controlled damage is just perfect for a balanced squad. Not much else I can include..

Venomancer: surprisingly, Venos and Psychics do incredibly well in pairs. It's a strange mixture, but it really depends on the skill level each player has. In a group however, it's a hot mess. If there's more than one Veno in a squad, have one Veno put their pet away and heal the main squad's pet. It's less confusing, honestly.
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I started this game not long ago 2 months maybe tops. I was a fish , I am still a fish and always will be a fish forever!!!.

Assassin - I had so much trouble leveling at low level i was like spamming health pots and i gone poor due to that but now after my 59 skills and double spark. Its a piece of cake. If i pull too many mobs i simple stealth and redo it. Easy to do all your quest takes really long time but you can do it.

For pvpesince 80 i try to do frost with bh before and hey i like it and love being an amper with critical dmg.

For pvp well i am not the best pvper , but i can still help in groups for stun locks and stuff.

For my other fish

Psychic - Simple to describe the best caster i played in any game!!!.

Pve- I have so much control against mob its so easy playing a psy for pve

Pvp- Sin of magic with no stealth xD
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizard: not fond of them at all. The only times I find them useful is when dealing with a group of enemies at once. Only until levels 60+ is when they become a real asset to a group. I enjoy working with their wit in combat and standing right next to them, sending waves of magic damage across the screen. I'm only disappointed when they stay quiet as if they're mysterious.. speak up a bit..

Lol that's probably because we're busy with spacing out our attacks or are keeping tabs on where aggro is.

I'll start with my main:

Wiz: First class I tried and stuck with it with no regrets. It's so sporadic on whether you'll survive the next encounter that it's always interesting. It feels like a lot of classes depend on gear to get through the day. This one does, but I think it requires more thinking to survive than some others. The wizard forum is bloated with so many debates on how to PVP that it's vision blurring after a while.

Cleric: Lot of respect for people who can play this class well. Along with the decisions they have to make when things go wrong, they also get a lot of blame. I've seen clerics get the blame for a party wipe while they lose xp as they get up and run back to revive the party. Not to mention the mp charm investments for the benefit of just a group letting you stay.

Barbarian: These guys also take a lot of heat from other players, yet they're the most valued in their rarity among high levels. Too many times to count, I've seen other DDs take aggro and say the barb wasn't doing their job. To take this class to end game has to leave barbs with a few grey hairs.

Psychic/Assassin: Tideborn is a DD race and I missed out on their entry to this game while I was away for a year. My experience so far is that many people playing this race have yet to accomplish good aggro control in the DD role. Don't really understand why, but that's my observation in the FCs and whatnot.

Archer: Never played this class and probably never will. I don't have much to say about them except I don't like the idea of depending on arrows. As a wiz, I hate fighting them.

Venomancer: Well, just a very independant class. Good thing about it is ability to earn lots of cash. The downside is you have to earn enough/ spend enough to get a herc before you can earn even more. I feel bad for people who play this class to high level and don't have a herc, since they're like the black sheep of the veno community.

Blademaster: You guys are just versatile and that's really cool. I think you guys can usually fill in different roles more than any other class. Need a tank and no barb? Get a BM. Need a DD? Get a BM. Need someone just to cause a distraction? BM. I've seen BMs make successful alternatives more than any of the other classes. Only reason I don't play one is because I don't like melee.

I've played a bit of these classes except archer, but most of this is from observation and conversation.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Psychic: The only class that I can officially give an opinion on as it's the only class I have taken beyond level 20. It is fast and dangerous and somewhat expensive, but it has not disappointed me yet. I like the feeling that I know I will win with every mob encounter(that isn't a dungeon level mob). It's drawbacks don't bother me at all.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    Sin - easy leveling, just stack mp recover gear and never have to use pots.

Psy - great at first, but just too cumbersome at end game. Maybe it's because I don't have/cant find any sage/demon skills.

Veno - easy leveling, gets boring after a while.

Barb - never liked it since people only want them as tanks, which makes them boring.

BM - aoe grinding is always fun. Every BM being primarily a fist bm nowadays kinda ruins their image though.

Cleric - like a veno without a pet.

Archer - too weak without their crits. Don't really like them.

Wiz - the insanely long channelin/casting annoys me. If it weren't for jones blessing, I wouldn't even bother starting one.
  • Shuriatu - Raging Tide
    Shuriatu - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I really like this thread, it helps me understand the different classes better. Here are my opinions:

Veno: My first char and my main. I'm sort of a loner irl and I don't really like being dependent on people so this class fits me perfectly. I was able to do most of my quests and bosses outside of instances alone and I very rarely use pots and my repair bill is very manageable. I dread being a high level veno because it will require me to get a herc and the cost is way too much. I can manage well with my magmite--I know how to pull well. I also use amp during boss fights and repeatedly switch between fox and human form to maintain the debuffs. I know venos are envied by many people and even though venos have it easier with a pet, it doesn't make leveling extremely easy--we still need to grind, spend time, and we can still die if our pet dies, though that's rare on regular mobs.

Barb: I really like this char because I've very rarely died. By the time I've noticed that I've bitten off more than I could handle, I can always make a run for it while spamming pots, and my high hp will provide me with enough time to make a getaway. It's a bit daunting to know that in squads, I'm the one that has to take the most of the beatings but with a cleric around, I'm not that concerned. I work hard to make sure my squad is safe but I really hate it when people blame barbs because they die or even a squad wipe when it's the DD's fault for not controlling aggro or god forbid decide to pull a completely different mob than the one everyone else is pummeling and dies because of it. Grinding is slow because the damage output is low, but the high health makes up for it. The repair bills are ghastly however.

Cleric: I like being a cleric because I enjoy being helpful and it's not difficult for me to find a squad. It's stressful for me when in an instance because the lives of everyone are in my hands and its always usually the cleric that takes the blame before the barb, especially if the barb dies first. And if you're in a crappy squad, sometimes they won't look out for you and you can die. But when the squad is great and works together as a team, it's beautiful.

Psychic: They're okay but I don't like them that much because they burn through mp way too fast and I actually spend more time meditating on my psychic than my cleric. The fact that I can kill mobs before they get to me is great, but if for whatever reason the mob has reached me, then I'm usually in very big trouble. I find it hard as a psychic to work in a squad because I'm still learning on how to manage aggro. I hate it though when sometimes I'm in a squad and someone sees me not attacking and think I'm being lazy and worthless when in fact I'm actually trying to manage my aggro by not spamming skills stupidly.

Assassin: I left my char at a low level because I lost interest. I only made one because I was so curious why so many people played a sin. In everyone single bh run I've been to, there's always a sin in the squad. I don't really like the fact that I have to get up close to fight--I hate melee, and being so fragile as a sin, it's not really enjoyable for me.

Archer: This char I left at a low level too. I absolutely hated being dependent on arrows because I'm awful at making sure I have enough to supply me since I'm easily forgetful. Maybe at a higher level it becomes more enjoyable but really being dependent on arrows completely put me off.

BM: I don't know why but I hate BMs. I know most people love it but I don't really like being a "well-rounded" class. I want to specialize in something. And I don't like being a human. I hate humans, they're boring. Don't ask.

Wizard: Same as BM. It requires a lot of patience to raise one and I don't have that. The fact that wizards are a rarity makes it tempting to make one, but I guess I know why they're a rarity in the first place.
  • Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver
    Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:pleasedwell firts off all my main was a archer, played with him till level 25 then i got interested in doing something else, started playing a cleric just to know how squishy it is and that sort of thing, i ended up loving him b:chuckle left my archer aside for later and i got my clec till 51, when i got very poorb:cry, read that venos are suposed to by rich and thought that could help my clec and b:chuckleagain ended up loving the veno who was supossed to be my personal bank for my clec as for the other classes i discovered only like the magic type no offense, i played a barb and bm to and a sin but its not for my...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Cleric main; Its fun, its tough (well endgame...), its needed. PvE as long as you pay attention to your surroundings you dont die. That includes rotating you camera angle frequently and looking at the radar on the top right corner. This class allows me to Leeroy and still live to tell the tale. In squads you have to be the professional nanny.

Assassin; OH THE WONDERS of not having to look after your squad like a NANNY. I just have to focus on a few things on the screen, as oppose to everything on the screen for cleric. Makes me feel more carefree and makes me want to help pple out more....

Psychic noob; pew pew was fun but the MP usage was very heavy compared to cleric which surprised me a bit. (and i thought IH stacking was bad...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DevilishTaki - Lost City
    DevilishTaki - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My Experiences with the classes:

Blademaster (4x): Fun and a refreshing break from the magic classes that I usually play in MMO's. Mine was a Spear user so using the tiger leaps combined with far strike and drakes ray was fun to do. Got bored of it however seems to "basic" for my liking. :/

Wizard (63): My 2nd favorite class. I love magic classes and the wizard was great. Excellent spells for virtually any situation, a lovely shield to reduce physical damage as well as get-the-hell-outta-there teleport and a basic heal spell. If the Tideborn expansion never came out I'd still be playing this class.

Barb (4x): A good class but not my type really I'm usually never the "tank" character in MMO's. (but I love to tank with non tank characters :P) Great in PvE and PvP it was an excellent class but I wanted to do more then just flesh ream. Also people running from me in PvP was annoying as chasing them down got boring. (I'd rather just nuke them, don't like people to live if they think they could take me then just try and escape after they see that they can't) Tiger Form PvP Barbs FTW.

Veno (71): Honestly I don't know how I lvled this class to 70. The Veno in my eyes is just so basic. However since I was an LA build I could switch to fox form and attack when I got bored of casting and visa versa, that's probably how it got to be 70. :x

Archer (49): A good class, provided me with that nice ranged damage that I like as well as a good mix of magic attacks so I wouldn't have too much trouble fighting heavy armors and some basic melee skills. Probably my 4 choice in terms of favorites.

Cleric (5x): I usualy play the healer/supporter in most MMO's so its natural I'd like this class. However just stacking ironhearts and the occasional AoE heal and "band-aid" heal can get boring after a while. Coupled with a high mana drain it can be a struggle to lvl this class if your constantly helping others and not getting your own quests done.

Assassin (15): I don't like the assassin classes at all in any MMO, I don't like to sneak around and stab people in the back. Was going to raise to 30 to see first hand a few of the skills and understand some more about the class via 1st hand experience but the drain on HP and MP was horrid.

Psychic: (Currently lvling, at 41): Probably my favorite class, it has great damage and defense (depending on voodoo used) Good Buffs for self and much better buffs for squad use compared to a wizard. Has the ability to all out attack as a DD, work as support in a group with AoE Heal (Obviously not enough to replace a cleric but there to help when DD's need heals and cleric is busy with the tank for example) Or possibly tank small quest bosses. PvP is never boring as you may have to switch from Bursting to Stalling at a moments notice. The only thing I wish Psychics had was more squad support skills (buffs, maybe a single target heal, etc...) but then They'd truly be broken.

EDIT: On a final note when at arch at the class masters, Tideborn masters are off to 1 side on 1 of the side buildings....could the other empty building on the opposite side indicate another race in the future of PWI? (Not anytime soon obviously) Probably not but something to keep in mind...if so...hoping for a class like the Chanter in Ai0n. I want a real support class aside from clerics lol.

EDIT #2: Psychics can actually tank "real" bosses as well. Tanked my BH29 today easily.
    Immunity to logic is my greatest strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veno_Galore - Dreamweaver
    Veno_Galore - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    got a 97 venomancer - Find its great for soloing and moneymaking... low cost and not as hated since since came out b:laugh

got a 71 archer - Fun to play with and easier to quest on and kill mobs quickly.

got a 86 sin - Very fun its awesome for soloing BH and easy to skip mobs that you don't need, great for pking and insane DPS

got a 89 barb - Damage isnt so bad in higher lvls its fun to be in the front lines of the squad and makes you feel important b:laugh

got a 6x cleric - Kinda fun to play, having squad rely on u and QQ when u lagg and getting asked for rezes all the time is annoying but i feel important b:pleased

got a 82 bm - probably one of the funnest classes because grinding is awsome with axes (aoe grinding) and you can adapt to 1v1 fights with fists and blades so when u get bored u can just change weaps and its fun for a bit.

Dont have a psychic but their great DD and low channeling is a good bonus

Dont have a wizzy but when they max... it hurts b:surrender highest hitting class i think
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ^ noob b:cute
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary
    Duke_Atticus - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So tell me fellow PWI players, what are you opinions of some of the classes you've played? Did they work for you? How did you become interested in the class?

Interesting thread.

I'm biased to DDs...

Blademaster 7x: I wanted a rogue class but sins weren't out at the time I started playing so I rolled A bm. Had no idea wtf I was doing and died my way to 5x. That's when I started draining EXP to farm SP and learn more about the game etc.

Undoubtedly my top favourite. I can do a lot of things (DD, tank, AOE, crowd control) and survive. I like the control that comes with the class, and usually, I can prevent squad wipes far better than when playing any other class. It's the only class that I feel has no limitations on what it can do. And ever since I took up pole mastery (subsequently replaced by fists), being able to auto-attack is just wonderful.

Cleric 6x: The primary motivation was to res dead people I saw along the way.

I learnt to be defensive playing on my cleric. Can't really tell if I like or dislike the class... To me, my cleric is just a tool. I like how I can prevent squad wipes with quick reflex. But beyond feeling useful, I don't know why I still play the class.

Archer 5x: Initially, I refused to play one because I disliked kiting. Then my faction archers bugged me to play one just because they wanted to share the 'archer love'...

It's a nice class. Grinding mobs was hardly boring since attacks can miss. Doing an entire chain of things just to prevent mobs with long lives from reaching is damn fun. It's a refreshing change from being a tank/healer--instance runs are relaxing. The frustrating part though is when things go wrong in an instance and I can't tank much.

Wizard 4x: I made one for laughs. He's my BM with a beard. Then my faction's sole wizard started complaining how she's the only wizard and talking a lot about her experience, so I became curious.

It started out boring. Spent a lot of time meditating. But after I got Morning Dew, it was much better. Surprisingly, solo grinding is super fast. I don't like macros, but it made total sense to me to make BH boss macros for my wiz. Instance runs are relaxing, and probably more so with the ability to heal when things get disastrous. I get thanked far more for healing on my wiz than on my cleric...

I don't know if it's because he's wearing a beard and a swimming trunks that he gets the most friendly treatment from randoms among all my characters. He makes friends easily too, more so than my cleric.

Assassin 4x: I thought it was fun to join in the lag fest during the launch, so I just picked a melee class to get started and find my faction mates guised in fish suits.

He was both painful and fast to quest with...Couldn't live without Life Powder. Very nice damage skills. But he was eating far too much mana and weed... Didn't find it as fun as I thought it would. Can't AOE (yet? I think), can't tank hits that well... And with defense like that, I'd rather be ranged.

Venomancer 5x: Just wanted to understand how a veno worked.

She was fun at first. I'm usually preoccupied with surviving and my pet's hunger. But she gradually became awfully boring. Made her a support veno... Then her inability to solo heal her pet and dish out punishment irritated me. Plus, my usual squad lacks a tank more than an amp-ing DD, so my veno never found a place anywhere. I do the standard things with her (luring, amping, giving Chi). I like the free HP/MP boost and stuff. But that's about it... Too much micro-managing for my taste. I just don't do well as a veno.

Barbarian and Psychic

Played a barb up to lvl 19 and am still struggling to continue. I don't know why I'm fine with tanking, but the idea of tanking with a barb simply puts me to sleep. Can't speak for this class until I bring him to 5x. Just feels world apart from my BM somehow.

I don't have a psychic, and I might never make one...don't know if I have the heart to still level one more character.
  • Saida - Harshlands_1289973244
    Saida - Harshlands_1289973244 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm sort of newb, but I've played each to at least 20, most of them to 30 or above. I understand that this is only a taste of what is yet to come, but I feel that if I do not enjoy a certain class by level 30, I probably will not enjoy it further on.

Classes are listed from most favorite to least.

Archer - My current main. I love the range, I love the damage, and I especially love the versatility. I like the fact that I get both physical and magical attacks. I don't have to run around as much as a melee class; Frost Arrow and Knockback Arrow allow me to fight most mobs without kiting. When I do run, it's at a nice speed - not as fast as the Untamed, but not as slow as magic classes. Also, the aesthetic of the bow really appeals to me, as do the plumes and the archer's stance. The only thing I'm not really looking forward to is that I won't be able to use Knockback Arrow in PvP.

Wizard - Would be my main if Archer weren't. Of all the caster classes, this one is my favorite. A wide variety of spells means that combat is never dull. I like the BOOM-BOOM-POW! factor of the Wizard class - taking down the enemy quickly is really my thing. I also love the huge mana pool that doesn't run dry after 3-4 mobs. Aesthetically speaking, the flying swords/gourd and the skill animations are wonderful.

Psychic - I have a hard time deciding whether I like the Wizard or the Psychic more, but I placed Psychic third because it is easier to play. Another elemental caster class, but somehow completely different than the Wizard. My favorite skills are Landslide, Life Bubble, and White Voodoo. I have to admit, though, the biggest attractions to the Psychics (and the Tideborn in general) are the beautiful skill animations and the race itself. I've always loved mythical creatures of any sort, and mermaids are near the top of the list.

Assassin - I'm not generally a fan of melee classes, but wow! Assassins are really fun to play. Just like the three classes mentioned previously, they have a wide variety of skills to be used in certain situations. My only problem with them is that at my current level, mobs can take me down to half-life or more by the time I kill them. I've heard this gets better, though, so I'm holding out.

Cleric - This would be my favorite class if I always played with a full squad. Helping others is something I love to do, and what better class for that than the Cleric? Healing, buffing, res...I find it all so much fun. My only problem is that the offense skill department is rather lacking - for a reason, I suppose. From level 1 to level 20, I've been using the same combination of Cyclone and Plume Shot with an occasional Lightning Strike, and it's getting rather tedious. The skill animations are lovely, though. Just like the Archer, I like the fact that I get both physical and magical attacks.

Blademaster - Even though the idea of using multiple weapon paths in a single battle is interesting, I never could get into the Blademaster class. Maybe it's the fact that it's a melee class. That being said, I don't dislike the class - it's just not my favorite. Besides, my boyfriend is a Blademaster, so I'd rather be a different class to help balance out his weaknesses.

Venomancer - I got sucked into playing this class by the appeal of having a battle pet. I tried Arcane Mage, Light Mage, Light Fox, Heavy Fox, even Heavy Melee Mage...but found it rather boring in all cases. I still would like to level a character of the Venomancer class to see if there is some appeal later in the game, but I have a feeling that there won't be.

Barbarian - Interesting class. I had a lot of fun trying this one out, because after playing on my Archer, Wizard, and Cleric characters, being able to sit back and watch multiple mobs beat up on me made me smile. The survivability is almost worth the sacrifice in damage. The running speed is amazing, and I love the True Form. The major turn-off here is that I can't play a female toon.