Your Experience With Each Class - What's Your Opinion

__Ophelia__ - Dreamweaver
__Ophelia__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I'm not too certain how true this holds for everyone, but as far as I have seen many people have experienced the roles of numerous classes. While everyone tends to have a main account, generally the one of higher level, they venture out and attempt to play something a little different. So tell me fellow PWI players, what are you opinions of some of the classes you've played? Did they work for you? How did you become interested in the class?

Venomancer - I understand the combination of hatred and envy that's put into flux at this class' mere mention. I however was lured in by the presence of a pet - I have in years passed played WoW and my main there was a Hunter. Simply loved the class, but I found that generally they were frowned upon. It's hard finding either a Hunter on WoW or a Veno on PWI that doesn't just sit back and let their pet do all the work. Your pet is a tank, I understand that, but merely casting a repetitive combination of Venomous and Heal doesn't cut it.

Assassin - I'm just interested in all the hated classes, aren't I? Shouldn't matter at this point though as we got nurfed - something I won't be whining about because I'm not that high of level to notice any of the alterations. Honestly, what attracted me to this class was that I am up and close with my opponent but will not have to remain there for long. The Sin's objective is to get in and get out in a swift manner. I think the problem with this class is that the majority of people, just like with some Venos, rely too much on one thing. You all know what I'm talking about - Stealth and Force Stealth. These skills are however essential to the Sin. Without some means of sneaking up on their opponent, they wouldn't be the silent killers would they? I understand the abuse of the skill, people constantly going in and out of stealth, hiding, regaining some HP, and then attacking without warning once more. I don't play on a PVP server though, so I don't see too many people complaining about it on Dreamweaver.

Archer - While I like the fact that they maintain a distance from the opponent, I couldn't really get into the class. I felt as if there was some lacking component that was purposely left out. It holds its charms with me due to its preference in using the bow, but I'll just have to sometime come back to the class. It definitely deserves a second chance with me.

Cleric - What could I possibly say here? I think the class' abuse got to me in a matter of seconds. Even while still traveling around Plume people were demanding to be healed, resurrected, etc. I'm not that selfless a person, and furthermore I don't possess a helping persona. I honestly went out on a limb in choosing this class for experimentation, as I had never played a healing class. I sort of now know why. No offense to the people that play the class. >.<

Classes Yet To Be Tried Out:

Blademaster - I'm not really looking forward to trying out this class, simply because I've never liked being engaged in close range combat. I'll see if it holds an appeal once I've tried it though.

Psychic - A friend of mine plays this class, but because of that I find I'll more than likely find it difficult to get into. He might as well have claimed the class I feel so bad just creating a character. Lol.

Wizard - I hear it's the least popular class and those that are in it.......are in it for the end game. I'm afraid that it might be too long-term for me to be happy with the results I'm getting. I like to see my results faster than what people have been telling me would happen with this class. Not to mention it's expensive to play. I'm sort of a Scrooge. >.<

Classes I Refuse To Try:

Barbarian - I'm sorry to say, but I refuse to play a male toon. It's as simple as that. Sorry.

Post edited by __Ophelia__ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To be honest the only classes I really got into on PWI were the archer [this one, actually. Who was also my first ever toon and she had a lot of money pumped into restating her at one point because I loved her too much to just start over. Derp.] and the venomancer, who was my second ever alt.

Now I've played all the classes - admittedly across different servers - but I just don't enjoy most of them.
    Wizards were way too squishy for me.
    Clerics actually, I find really fun, but I'm kind of an **** and I can get a little snarky with the "NEED DA HEALZ NAO" people so I'm not best suited for that class.
    Melee classes... I just could never get into. I thought I'd do alright on the Sin given it's similarities to the archer in build and armor, but I really couldn't. I had to pot way, way too much as a Sin and it just kind of bugged me out.
    Psychic... meh. Kind of ended up finding this fish was a wizard in disguise. But the wizard was better.

I guess I'm just one of those gamers who kind of gets used to one or two different classes and doesn't particularly branch out much.

This isn't to say the other classes aren't fun, though, only that I personally don't find them fun enough to play them as often as I play my main archer or my main alt veno. I mean, my barb was awesome fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    venomancer: (main) I also was lured in by the pets :) I simply love having a buddy around that will do anything when I say so b:laugh (also have 2 doggies irl :o ) I don't like to take much hits and love to use magic. Also foxes are really cute ofc :3
    I've met a lot of lazy veno's yeh as in ironwood > venomous > pet heal and just sit back, also during bosses. I myself am more of the spam all skills I have in human > fox > purge/amp/whatever neccesary > human > repeat human skills untill I can amp/have to purge again :)

cleric: I love playing a cleric and helping people, also you have life and death in your hands. Never **** of the healer. Always needed in squads and I love it that I can heal myself up.
    I hate the high mana cost though and the random: I WANT BUFFS! BUFF ME PLEAZZZZZE!!??!!1!! and ofc the tank that yells: HEAL MEEEEEH!!! and then runs off.. xD

archer: I SUCK at being an archer. There's not much to suck about being an archer. But I suck at it. I tend to be broken non stop and keep running out of arrows and mana... too used to spamming skills.

barbarian: I love to see a fluffy wolf/panda/tigger running over my screen :3 but as stated before. I don't like being hit much... >_> I'm not used to it and I tend to freak out a bit when I see my hp dropping xD

blademaster: ofc the flipping OMG MY HP DX D: It goes doooooooooown D: But I love the view of a fragile girl running around with axes xD Still wanna lvl my bm ^^ would be great to AOE grind and wanna do rebirth with it :)

psychic: well.. I have one lvl 3 or so >_> and I'm like: meh. it's oke. But I like wizzie's more. it's prolly the fin-ears. and the fact that I made one when the face glitch was still there. The skills look awesome though :)

assasin: have one around lvl 25. I like that class. though again. hp.. goes.. down.. a lot xD
    the skills look awesome though :) and off all mellee classes I like a sin the best ^^

wizard: lvling one at a pvp server :) if I knew from the beginning what I know now. I would have been a wizard in the first place. I love high numbers popping up on my screen ^^ Also I'm getting bored with pve every once in a while. Fact is on pve servers only high lvls with good gear and charms go into pk. Nothing more to do then leeroy on my little veno.

anyways :) this are just my opinions :) ^^

venomancer, wizard and cleric are my favourite classes. I stopped lvling my cleric for a while since it's getting quite a bit expensive. Lvling my wizard on pvp server every now and then together with a friend :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Venomancer - I understand the combination of hatred and envy that's put into flux at this class' mere mention. I however was lured in by the presence of a pet - I have in years passed played WoW and my main there was a Hunter. Simply loved the class, but I found that generally they were frowned upon. It's hard finding either a Hunter on WoW or a Veno on PWI that doesn't just sit back and let their pet do all the work. Your pet is a tank, I understand that, but merely casting a repetitive combination of Venomous and Heal doesn't cut it.

depends on what you're doing. if you're solo grinding mobs your own level (or so) and below, then spamming venomous-heal while letting your pet do the fighting usually works fairly well actually. i fully agree that it's a fail strategy whenever you're in a squad, however. the venomous-heal combo gets so mechanical, sometimes i swear the server's nerfing my drop rates because i've got it convinced i'm a bot or something. squad work needs people, not bots, and people need to play smarter not harder.

(that reminds me, i need more practice in spotting enemy self-buffs so i can purge them in a timely manner. i've let myself slide from training that too long.)

also, not all pets are tanks, nor do most squads usually need more than one good tank. if someone else is tanking, it's good to have a DD pet to pull out in support of that. and of course there's always pulling.

...that's one good thing about venos and soloing, pushing yourself to solo minibosses and instances no other class could handle solo can force you to break out of the venomous-heal combo and do something more creative. or it can force you into a heal-heal-heal spam panic trying to keep your tank alive, depending...
    Assassin - I'm just interested in all the hated classes, aren't I? Shouldn't matter at this point though as we got nurfed - something I won't be whining about because I'm not that high of level to notice any of the alterations. Honestly, what attracted me to this class was that I am up and close with my opponent but will not have to remain there for long. The Sin's objective is to get in and get out in a swift manner. I think the problem with this class is that the majority of people, just like with some Venos, rely too much on one thing. You all know what I'm talking about - Stealth and Force Stealth. These skills are however essential to the Sin. Without some means of sneaking up on their opponent, they wouldn't be the silent killers would they? I understand the abuse of the skill, people constantly going in and out of stealth, hiding, regaining some HP, and then attacking without warning once more. I don't play on a PVP server though, so I don't see too many people complaining about it on Dreamweaver.

i play an assassin as a personal challenge, because it's so very different from my usual playing style. i don't normally like the up-close-and-personal, so i thought i'd give it a try. i'm still too low level to comment much on it, only that i really hope the incessant need for meditating to get back HP and MP in between enemies will come to an end sometime later in the game. (and also the incessant dying. but that's probably just me failing at a personal challenge.)

worst thing about the assassins? having trouble tolerating the moronic, overblown graphics and animations the class is saddled with. seriously, the lookie-i'm-batman impersonation every time i have to jump gets old real fast.
    Archer - While I like the fact that they maintain a distance from the opponent, I couldn't really get into the class. I felt as if there was some lacking component that was purposely left out. It holds its charms with me due to its preference in using the bow, but I'll just have to sometime come back to the class. It definitely deserves a second chance with me.

i have an archer char because that's how i usually like to play --- methodically, one at a time, from a distance --- but again, it's very very low level and i haven't really got a feel for it yet. constantly kiting is a little annoying in the early game. could do with a better (read: longer lasting) slow skill in the early game, i think.
    Wizard - I hear it's the least popular class and those that are in it.......are in it for the end game. I'm afraid that it might be too long-term for me to be happy with the results I'm getting. I like to see my results faster than what people have been telling me would happen with this class. Not to mention it's expensive to play. I'm sort of a Scrooge. >.<

i'm trying out a wizard, but it's my lowest-level char and i'm just not qualified to speak on it yet. in the opening game it seems to need even more kiting than the archer, while still dying more. i may be playing it stupidly.

Classes I Refuse To Try:

Barbarian - I'm sorry to say, but I refuse to play a male toon. It's as simple as that. Sorry.

aw, c'mon, half of humanity shouldn't have to be an insult to the other half. if i can play a veno, you can play a barb. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As you can see via my sig, I play basically ever class b:chuckle

But so far these are my favorites:

BM - I love how the little guy can pull a ton of mobs, AoE skills, then switch over to fist and finish them all before any real damage is done to him. Along with that, he is easily a sub-tank, and can sometimes tank better then a barb can.
    Along with that, when they reach end-game they are awesome in PK. ^.^

Veno - I was mainly attracted by the fact that I could use a pet to attack/defend myself. I also had played a Hunter on WoW before. I liked the ability to tame pets, use them to help out and all that. So, when I learned of how veno's worked (around lvl 60 on my BM), I decided to make one and try out how well I can play one. (Turn's out, it's easier then i thought xD)

Sin - Ok, stealth, sparks, etc. All of those attracted me to this class. Along with the fact I used to play an assassin on any other game that had them (as my main), so I do love these guys. Add in stealth effect, with force stealth, they are fun to play with. Now i'm currently raising this guy on a PvP server, mainly so that when I hit lvl 70+ and want to PK, I don't have to worry too much about dieing from 90+ people ^.^
  • //illow - Dreamweaver
    //illow - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well all I can say (ah when I start I can't finish..) is that every class have something from the players personality.

And yea I mean it b:cool
    However tbh I didn't try only archer, well I like changes (and the clickable 'delete' and then 'create' under chars) ekhem.

Well:
    ~ Venomancer - that was my second choice in my short pwi 'life'. And I think I made a veno 'cause it's soooo much easier to fight when mobs are kicking my pets **** and I'm behind, lazy and just healing pet. Venos are a bit of wizards a bit of clerics and they have their own tanks. However it's fun that u have mp/hp recovery skills, that makes you save money from buying pots. Hmm... What else? Ah, well just look at shaodu and tell me you don't love him :3

~Assassin - I can call them masters of pvp. Fast and they can use that freakin' stealth mode.. Meh don't u think that's unfair... Anyways, they lvl pretty fast and that kinda attracted me to them. What's more I think their skills looks awesome <.<

~Cleric - actually my favourite, except the fact that I lvl up reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally slowly and my hp is umm.. Funny. Well it's all about the way I am. I like to feel needed.. Well okay... Maybe sometimes I'm a meanie, but only sometimes.. b:shutup
    Well when I get on higher lvl with my little wittle cleric I will be able so say more.

~Blademaster - I really don't know WHAT made me play this one as my first char ever. It was like a hell for me x_x I'm totally not into non-magic classes. I was dying alot, still needed pots, ah words waste, it just wasn't for me <.<

~Psychic - oh, well I gotta learn more about them, first what made me pissed was that my channeling was so slow... Nothing more >:)

~Wizard - well all who knows me can tell I have something to wizzies. Just because I have and . I tried to play one only once, was like with bm - hard, many deaths, many pots, wasted coins... b:infuriated So I just gave up. As I can see (by my smexy wizzy friends) wizards are squishy, but really great after lvl 70. Oh oh and I never saw demon wizzy, well but I'm blind, so nvm.

~Barbarian - honestly...? I just made one to get him to lvl 9 to run as a kitty b:beatup However, *to all barbs* you kitties own, there isn't any better aggro keeper than a large, white kitteh <3

~Archer - so.. Never tried and never want to :) I just feel it's not for me.

Anyways, all classes are fun 'till the players are fun, it's just a game eh? ^.^
    Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions and I mean it <.<

Ok first what I hate: telling bullsh*t.
    (first is enough I like to talk too much >:))

Calm and nice and... Mean...
    Who cares anyways o.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Venomancer: you can basically challenge yourself as much as you want, but can keep it simple and easy if you wish too. Taking on multiple mobs with fox form and pet is exciting, going caster form and spamming scarab is nice too when I'm half-asleep. My veno is light armor because gear gets handed down by the archer, and thus I can go fox form without taking too much damage early in the game when I don't have shards or refines. Once again, the class is a lot of fun if you want it to be.

Wizard: this class wins. You can't take a lot of damage, and archer mobs get frustrating, but you can manage with kiting skills. With knockback, seal, distance shrink, nothing can touch you. The spells are interesting, look cool, and generally give decent chi gain. You can use all sorts of combination to kill something and be efficient, a lot of fun as well.

Cleric: You are just as squishy as a wizard, but without the kiting skills of a wizard. In my experiences, getting hit is an inevitability with the cleric. While the wizard avoids hits, the cleric survives them with heals and sometimes plume shell, which is not as fun, especially because mob hits have a chance to interrupt and because having to self-stack takes more mana. Cleric disables suck early on because of the random duration and because it ****s you over somehow, so they cannot be used like I'd use FoW on a mob with wizard. However, Plume Shot generally hits harder than their Wizard/Veno counterparts early in the game because it's physical damage, and clerics hit harder in general because of their self-buffs. This evens out the lack of kiting skills and you don't end up getting hit too often (unless you get chain-interrupted) Overall the class has a different feel than wizard, and I prefer wizard.

Archer: Pretty easy to play. The possibility to miss attacks means you don't have the assurance akin to playing wizard, and missing on something like frost arrow or knockback sucks early. Kind of annoying that frost arrow takes chi, and they just can't kite as well as wizard. If you don't know what I mean about that, take a lvl 60 archer and try to kill a melee mob 10 levels above, and do the same with wizard. Such instances are unnecessary and purely for fun, however. Generally mobs your level are very manageable.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • hetra987
    hetra987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Cleric - my first class, and me favourite b:cute, always a challenge as you can't take anything for granted except high mdef... everything else you have to monitor and compensate for, especially in pvp, being able to heal you and teammates out of trouble is awesome too.

Venomancer: got drawn into this class after watching some pro venos at work with fox form + herc and keeping groups of mobs under control. Got bored around lvl 50 though and gave it up, with the pet it feels like 2nd order fighting, like you're not really involved with it.

Blademaster: fuuuunn :D slow killing stuff compared to every other class though, mind you I haven't really got into the aoe abilities yet

Archer: pewpewpew, 2nd favourite to cleric, blasting stuff quickly at range is win. Aggro management is hard though, particularly as there's still no way to stop normal attacking with a button >_>, moving works, but seems inefficient.

Assassin: mwahahaha stabstabst- uh, sorry Cleric, could I have a rez please? b:surrender
    edited June 2010
    hetra987 wrote: »
    Cleric - my first class, and me favourite b:cute, always a challenge as you can't take anything for granted except high mdef... everything else you have to monitor and compensate for, especially in pvp, being able to heal you and teammates out of trouble is awesome too.

Venomancer: got drawn into this class after watching some pro venos at work with fox form + herc and keeping groups of mobs under control. Got bored around lvl 50 though and gave it up, with the pet it feels like 2nd order fighting, like you're not really involved with it.

Blademaster: fuuuunn :D slow killing stuff compared to every other class though, mind you I haven't really got into the aoe abilities yet

Archer: pewpewpew, 2nd favourite to cleric, blasting stuff quickly at range is win. Aggro management is hard though, particularly as there's still no way to stop normal attacking with a button >_>, moving works, but seems inefficient.

Assassin: mwahahaha stabstabst- uh, sorry Cleric, could I have a rez please? b:surrender

@ Bold: Awww....that ain't nice. My sin as yet to die from any mob. He's only died from other sin's coming outta stealth and hurting him </3
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have tried one of each class...

Blademaster 99 My absolute favorite to play mainly due to its level/and ability to do multiple things whereas most other classes are mainly built for what they are suppose to do. Though I do have the most pet peeves with my blademaster, although there are indeed some ways to lessen the blow of last pick in tt's. =x (at least pre-tideborn release) Though there are many more peeves, that is/was just one of them.

Barbarian 74 Which happens to be my second favorite class, I adore how much hp it has, and its ability to solo things where my bm REALLY REALLY struggled at, although it is very slow at doing so, it still has it perks. Not to mention how much easier it is for the WHOLE squad if a barb tanks over ANY other class, though when people say that it is expensive to raise a barb, they are NOT joking. =x

Assassian 70 The class peeked my interest from the get go, and once I started playing it I couldn't stop, I really love how fast it gains chi, and can damn near replace a bm in fc, though that's debatable. I don't really like how squishy it is when fighting an aoe boss. Though the bloodpaint definitely helps a lot.

Cleric 67 I started this class due to its ability to resurrect other classes, I originally had two computers, so when my bm was in the 7x range that is when I really started to realize how... difficult it was for my bm to survive anything (mob wise) it was very frustrating. I stopped leveling mainly due to I lost access to my second computer/seen no point in leveling it anymore past lvl 10 res.

Venomancer 60 I was admittedly reluctant to try this class out, but I eventually broke down, and well in the long run when I can afford a herc pet for it, I am sure it will pay off. I was tired of last pick in tt's, would like to start soloing tts... eventually.

Archer 54 I admittedly almost said **** this class at level 20, due to my ill preparedness for its fb19, I ran out of arrows, and had to run up and attack with bare fists, but lets just say I am glad I gave it a second chance. I love its ability to sit back and fire arrows at a relativity safe distance, and kill a mob before it even reaches me.

Wizard 22 As you can tell from its level I am finding it difficult to devote time to leveling it, but I can see it does have potential end game. Though that is a real long way away.

Psychic 20 Just like the wizard, not much time to level it, and also very squishy like the wizard, but it does seem like it could be fun end game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have an alt in every class except barbs... mainly because I like highly customized character appearances. Call me shallow, but there it is. b:chuckle

I only PvE, so I can't say for PvP purposes.

In order of the level I've achieved with them:

Cleric: my main. This class is only for bleeding hearts, carebears, and the very passive-aggressive. b:chuckle That said, it's a very capable class, often underestimated (then again, any class can be underestimated if used right). I've soloed bosses over my level, and can survive some pretty nasty stuff with a couple stacked IHs. As the game's only primarily healing class, you'll never be short on squads, and may actually find yourself called away a bit too often to help out other people. Clerics need to remember to take some sanity questing time for themselves.

Wizard: Really nice for end-game, but it takes a lot of work to get there. Mine is mid-level, and she's just starting to pack a hit, and can still get overwhelmed easily if more than one mob aggros on her at once. Wizards don't have the healing abilities that clerics do, so they need to be sure to pack lots of potions and powders to offset their squishiness. Still, wizzies have among the coolest animations in the game, a good spread of elemental attacks, and generally damage deal with the best of them, so hurray for glass cannons!

Blademaster: One of the more flexible classes. Your build is pretty much entirely up to you, and, provided you don't put points into Magic, you really can't chose incorrectly. I break out my BM when I feel like being a tank who packs a hit. Also, axe bm aoes are to die for. b:laugh

Venomancer: I find venos are a nice break from the more attention intensive classes (my squishies, mainly), because, let's face it, the ability to let the pet do the work realyl does make being a veno a lot easier. That said, it's definitely an interesting change in playstyle that adds variety to the game. Venos need to be careful that they don't add to the bad reputation, though. Recall your pet if you accidentalyl start kill stealing someone, learn to pull so that you will be an asset to your squads, and, if you see someone obviously struggling, offer a helping hand. Venos are good for soloing, but that doesn't mean they have to, especially if the mob pool is small and the people who need the mobs are large (not that I'm thinking of a particular place *coughSecretPassagecough*)

Assassin: Sins are cool-looking, with cool skills (stealth in particular is a neat one), and very cool damage output. Mine is still low-level, though, because of the inherent difficulties of having a relatively squishy toon that fights at melee range... either you spend a lot of money on pots and apothecary powders, or a lot of time meditating. Sins also need to be careful about their dding, since, if they steal aggro, they're not going to have the time that ranged classes for the tank to get aggro back. For a ranged class, the mob physically breaks away from the tank, giving squadmates time to adjust... not so for sins (but maybe I'm just thinking like a cleric, there). That said, Sins are fun it you want to kick some butt.

Psychic: Psys are another 'glass cannon' class, hitting faster than wizards, and getting hit just as hard. My psy so far has been a breeze... she rarely got hit before she'd nuked her mob, but when she did... let's just say that black voodoo has a downside when it's applied to an already squishy class. A lot of fun, but my wizard was already decently leveled when the expansion came out, so I haven't paid much attention to mine.

Archer: I haven't gotten into archer very far... I've always been drawn to magic classes. That said, I've seen archers played awesomely... they make some of the best tanks after barbs (better than bms against ranged bosses, because of their damage). Like wizards and psychics, it's a class for those who want to hit hard from a distance, but, like wizards and psychics, archers may need to scale back damage to avoid catching aggro from a less-than-stellar tank (again, probably just thinking like a cleric). This class really isn't for me, but that's a matter of opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Blademaster: my experience with the Blademaster class is very entertaining and quite simple to play, ability to use stuns, different equipment freely, different sets of skills to switch every now and then. Makes me use a lot of different tactics which is really fun, my 2nd best class. What I don't like about BM is auto attack with spear, it doesn't look all realistic attacking like he's using a claymore or something.

Wizard: Not really squishy like most say, but still kind of squishy. I have to say, I wish wizard could do a little more support other than just 1 heal and a water dmg buff which needs to be fast as cleric's purehearted blessing. This class is a bit simple but you have to kite over and over. Overall wizards kill pretty slow despite the spike damage

Archer: Fastest killers ingame, spamming skills where mobs can barely reach you. I am not good in that department like some friends of mine that do play archer. I can't solo very much with archer like other classes. Lack of survivability. Archers are the squishiest and the most risk of death ingame imho.

Cleric: I like the class for best survivability skills, other than that I don't really want to be a cleric. Not very squishy and this class kill pretty slow despite the high magic power.

Barbarian: I love this class over all the others, ability to tank anything and having the 2nd best survivability skills. I love it when I help tank for people and saving them. While using a pole hammer is just awesome. They do kill slowest, but thats ok.

Venomancer: Ok, this class is too ridiculously easy to play its not even funny, on top of that, a girl character. I'm a dude, and it does feel weird being on a female toon. Well my cleric and wizard is female too but still. So this is the class I prefer the most boring. On top of that wow looking all girly like... uhm... not my style to be behind a char like that

Assassin: I have to say, being a LA melee without P.DEF or M.DEF bonus skills won't cut out for me. I have to say this is the class I rather avoid playing any further.

Psychic: I haven't tried psychic, and never will. They die too easily in instances from what I witnessed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • _Inferno - Sanctuary
    _Inferno - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've only played 2 classes seriously enough to get a gist of their style.

Wizard (89): My main. I absolutely love this class, because nothing can touch me in pve. In pvp, distance shrink works well (except on archers and bms with will). The damage is awesome. Its stable and reliable in TTs and instances, so i won't steal aggro unlike archers with uneven damage (they can't go afk in instances xD). At the same time, if i wanted to steal aggro i could, so at least I have a choice lol. Tbh, my wizard is te fastest leveler among my other characters. Mainly because I had a gold hp charm equipped since like level 10. In total, i died less than 20 times from level 1-70. I died a lot after 70 due to gamma and such, and my charm ran out D:<. But still, the best class in the game imo.

Blademaster (74): Very versatile, but useless in TWs. Well mostly because i sharded full garnets (I didn't know lol). So y experience with tw and pk on my bm is a bad one. I was oneshot food to archers and wizards. I one got blasted by a wizard's ice dragon and got like 9k damage (i was fully buffed). And that same wizard kept killing me in that on tw, with skils lie stone rain. So i started a wizard (this bm was my first character). I still use my bm to pk once in a while (the stuns are awesome. And when chained, i can keep someone stunned forever, even though the poor damage can't kill them xD)

Psychic (22): Much easier than my wizard at low levels. It really kills everything really quickly. And the buffs are awesome too. However, their constant medium damage irked me, so I quit him.

Assassin (22): Hard Hard Hard. Really hard to level up. I died on my sin more times than i died on my wiz pre-70. Hated this class. But endgame sins are deadly. Like, really deadly. In TWs, all they have to do is stealth, enter enemy's base, and aoe like their life depended on it (they are really squishy xD). Everything around them would be dead =P

Wizards are still my all time favorite class due to their skill requirement and rarity. b:dirty
    Characters:
    _Inferno 101 Arcane Sage Crit Wizard b:cool
    magnumcroft 8x Fist/Axe Blademaster b:laugh

youtube.com/magnumcroft
    ^Sanctuary's TW vids yo!
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nice thread b:victory now we can see the comments of everyone to get real information from other classes we havent tried yet.

Cleric: I just love it, even though I have more characters Cleric will always be my main. I like it for the next reasons:
    1. Able to PVE pretty well (even against some melee monsters)
    2. Healing, I love healing skills, makes you pretty much immune to several attacks (unless they 1-2 hit you)
    3. Only support class in game, pretty much you can visit many places without the worry of dieing (if you have a good tank in squad).
    4. Repair bills are not as high as other classes YET potions eat that money.

When first started I didnt squad much, leveled from 1 to 30 in 2 days (dailies were not in yet, I think only CS or something), those times were fun, a lot of low levels ksing eachother, yet with the high damage clerics deal at low levels (against the mobs hp) it was pretty easy to kill every single mob.

When started leveling up hitting 40-50s started doing BHs and was told what to do several times which I disliked, but thinking about it, it was not a bad thing to be told what to do, since people were higher levels and it is wise to listen to higher levels if you agree (apply logic, some people miss that part) to what they're saying. So learned a lot from them even if they were not clerics.

Cleric at higher level can deal solo pertty good and squad as well, it is the most needed class ingame (as well as barbs), the most userfriendly, I say this because I made a lot more friends with my cleric than with any other class due to its nature.

Venomancer: Always saw venomancer as a hax character hehe, just to be able to call out a pet to kill stuff for you is nice.

Venomancer is a lot more of a solo toon, due to its nature it can tank, heal, attack with magic as well as physical attacks, not mentioning nearly 1-10k on repairs (at max... if soloing stuff) and no potion consume most of the time.

As for my experience I had trouble finding squads with my veno, maybe they felt I was doing more roles than what I should? tanking / healing / attacking...
    At the time I created my veno I stopped leveling at level 9 or so... since it was pretty sad to not have someone like with cleric. Yet I was able to do most of my quests (bosses included).

As soon as I was ready to start over with my veno I got a Herc, yes got it at level 15 or so. Leveled it up, and bang! it was able to solo everything, even soloed my FB29, bhs, bh39, bh51 (fushma... wyvern and rankar, due to aoes I cant tank them as well as fushma), bh59, mini bosses, etc. etc.

Yes, I am one of those who think, if you're going to run a veno, you have to prepare to get a Herc as soon as possible if your aim is PVE. Say whatever, but no pet can compare with a buffed Hec (probably speed, yes, but do you really need speed if you know how to control your pet correctly? :P)

Barbarian: Lets say I just dont like the expenses of being a barbarian... stopped leveling it and will not level it again, will probably delete it.

Assassin: Hard to level at first x_x and the potion consume is hiiiigh, stealth is nice when you can get it but it will last like 15 seconds before it fades and sucks up all your mp hahaha so its not really usefull at first.

At my point of view, this is an overpowered class, with my cleric (which is higher level) I can't believe that assassin can just sneak into any instance and check up everything without even being noticed by the mobs. It is just epic.

Though! it has its cons, they are so overpowered on attacks that they steal aggro of monsters pretty easy (usually in less than 10 seconds if a barb/bm are attacking the boss), due to this it is very dangerous since assassin is squishy! 4-5 hits from a boss of the same level as the assassin and it will die (i don't mean all the assassins, some know how to deal with these issues adding shards, vit stones, etc. etc.)

Tideborn has also cool outfits (yeah looks matter to me hahaha), Tideborn is also the only toon which looks actually human (just look at a tideborn chest and a cleric chest ... bare, male, yeah cleric is missing something isnt it? LOL)

Anyway, I stopped leveling my assassin since I want to focus on cleric and veno at the moment.

Assassin, is a fun class, please, please, if you roll an assassin, dont become one of those players who think they can 1 shot everything at higher level, nor assume you can tank everything on sight, assassin has stealth for one reason, its defenses are LOW (mostly HP). Yes my cleric has killed assassins of the same level...

Wizard: Made my wizard, saw the starting skills, tried to do my first quest, and almost died, stopped leveling it.

Yep thats my wizard story, at low level the damage is not high enough to solo most of the quests you get, you need to squad, wizard does become one if not the best DD / pvper on endgame, yeah i think its hard for wizard to get to higher levels since they're as well squishy, just has 1 HP regen (heal) and nearly no buffs.

Those are the chars I have tried so far b:victory
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • lolkill11
    lolkill11 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    From what i seen so far. I have tried the assissan i dont really like there style. the archer is okay but im not to happy with the way they were really done. I like how they hit but i dont like the whole idea of running from my target. Mage kinda upset me. Im playing a cleric and its doing really good thats just my opion cleric ftw :D
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have stayed on my main for too long, but eventually had to try out the rest of classes,
    Mainly to learn their perks and tricks and how to counter them (not that I play PvP).
    And for the sake of fun.

Assassin: I find it by far the hardest class to raise up, as it starts too squishy and difficult to handle in earlier lvls without a massive amount of pots. Later on given you can learn the bundle of tricks a sin can provide, they can prove to be one of the most capable classes, as their mix of different skills if used well enough are very interestingly handy and deadly aswell as lotsa of fun. But they will always remain an sitting bait IMO once they are wasted out of survival skills.

Venomancer: I can say clearly, them are the finest choice for those One-man Army lovers out there, as they are the best Solo class, as their pets provide for them, and can be too useful handling big nasty things very decently, that most classes can't do alone at least. Don't find them too much fun tho, the fact they might rely on their pets too much at times. As I personally would rather get up front and personal with targets.

Archer: Never really enjoyed them in any game. maybe it's just me but I can't find any fun in standing at distance and shooting stuff dead, before they can even turn their heads. But to be fair they are quite fun to a lot of people with their ranged capabilities.

Cleric&Barbs: I realized them both to specify a somewhat limited potential at least in PvE in the squad walls, as a Barb is always bound to tank, run in tiger form and hold aggro, a Cleric to always stick to the Barb/Tank heal and do what ever necessary to keep the squad alive. So in other words they proove their most use in support mode, which isn't my way of playing. As I rather have a more free role to play. But then again both classes prove very dependable, but as they are somewhat squad-ish classes, takes more work to make them at best shape on their own.

Wizard: Played my wiz alt for a very short time, but I found them too squishy and hated their channeling for all I care, compared melee classes. Although I'll admit, I never seen greater nukes.

Psychic: Fairly one of the easiest classes to play, as they start off with an immense amount of magical dmg, they are too squishy as a fact, but with fast enough channeling, most mobs will fall dead, before they get close, and at best chances will only lay a punt on you (which could very well be 1/3 your hp). Although at later lvls I will say wizzies proove more devastating.

Blademaster: One of the most balanced classes, and takes quite a bit of skill to handle. Having great AOE's capabilities and teh ability to handle a great variety of weapons and skills, they are most useful in crowd control, and a most nice boon to any squad. Also can be very fun if that's your sort of class.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Psychic: I'm going on a suicide mission everyone. Wish me luck.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Kaloissa - Archosaur
    Kaloissa - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Barbarian (72): my first love was barb, i took it to 70 and realized hey....i have a ton of HP...but i hit too damn low, so ipretty much left this guy to rot and leave my friends wanting me to tank on a char i no longer player

Psychic (69): i originally did like this class until i started getting into to PvP, i failz at it, psys are super squishy, it may be my level, but i just don't see myself going on with this char much longer, the DPS is great, but the PvP is kinda lame, and its like a lower hitting wiz, without the cool skills

Archer (65): i <3 my archer, i can kill robes up to 90 now and i'm proud of it b:victory this char is kinda on reserve until i decide to get some better gear, but you have great DPs after 60, and i steal aggro too often with crits that sometimes i just sit out mobs because i'm sick of dying all the time

Blademaster (48): i think this class is my calling, i soloed more bosses on this char than any other, its so much to AOE grind, and i can't wait to get to the higher lvls, i use fist and axe, and i made this one a girl, as TT70 axes look hilarious on a girl char b:laugh in short i'm glad i made it, very fun to use
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    102 Main: Absolutely amazing what I can do. Very versatile. Endgame gear is mostly done, just working on refines and a first cast nirvana weapon... either axes or fists, still haven't decided.

72 Archer: Fun PvP class, I found it easy and fast to level pre-BH/hyper era. Enjoyable class, but too costly at endgame. You need to spend twice the coin/money/whatever as a BM to be very effective. I abandoned this char last year due to it being on HL and my main being on LC. I had some great friends there, but the server did seem quite sparse. I may go back someday. Or if HL and LC ever merge, i'll probably play it again.

66/41 Veno: My lvl 66 veno will end up using my main's heavy gear in 33 lvls, so it'll be pretty amazing. It's fun to play a veno, but I'm not good enough at it cause I don't play so much. It used to be the premier money making class. Now it's just a decent PvP class. My 41 is on HL and has been abandoned.

34 Psychic: Really enjoyed leveling, cool skills and insanely high damage for his level, but there is too much for me to do regularly on my main for another alt. Is sitting on another computer as a merch shop now. Maybe I'll level him after I get my veno to 99.

19 Cleric: Leveling was painful. Died too much. I don't like playing support, at least not up till now. Deleted.

Assassin: I couldn't handle playing another short range melee class after my BM. It was just not fun and I don't think I managed to get higher than lvl 12 before I had enough and quit.

I'm a BM at heart... I've mostly played warriors in pencil and paper AD&D days. I think I can mostly relate to this type of class as well, having been Army Infantry... fighting is just in the blood. ;p
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Barbarian: Gotta say I love my barb. Going into situations where I'm outnumbered and should die nine times out of ten...getting hit by a boss repeatedly to the point that my skull has turned to jello...saving parties from party wipes by having insane HP (no charm to tick so no pressure on the cleric.) Above and beyond my favorite class at this point.

Archer: He's only lvl84 but he does decent damage and only dies when I try to do bh79 unwined. b:laugh

Wiz: lvl21 too squishy for my liking.

Veno: She's lvl 22 and I'm really enjoying her play. Learning to play this class is easy, learning to play this class well is a challenge- as it's a mix of squishy, tank, healer and DD.

Cleric: In a word: boring.

Psychic: I'm not really a fan of ranged magic attacks, though to be honest I quit playing this toon at lvl17- Everything just seemed like a chore to me, and too mana intensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    (note that none of my alts ever got higher than 40, but I like getting into the details of a class before I make an alt)

Cleric: Played a cleric in closed beta, had lots of fun helping people with their fb19 there (and I can tell you, a LOT of people needed them >.>) though didn't get higher than lvl 20 in CB (not many people did). When the servers opened I was rather tempted to play a wizard but decided to stick with cleric, haven't regretted it ever since.

Blademaster: Got kind of sick with my cleric's inability to grind well (note that this was nearly 1 and a half years ago, times sure have changed since then b:laugh) and felt like creating the grinding monsters that were known as blademasters at the time. Unfortunately I didn't want to go through 40->60 hell again (CS was your only daily till 70 then, quests ran out quick and grinding was absolute hell) and quit it long before that.

Sin/Psy: Made these on expansion release day to try them out, but quit them shortly after. The huge potential that these classes offer tempted me to level them a bit from time to time, both of them are around 37 now.

The problem with me and leveling alts is just that I hard to work my @$! off to get my cleric to this level (when bounty hunter came out I was in my late 70's) and I'm just not willing to abandon that, even temporary, for a new character b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Cleric: What's to say that hasn't already been said from those with Cleric mains? Clerics start off strong right out of the gate (provided you take the time to learn how to deal with various situations), and just keep getting better as the levels go by. Those issues with MP don't last terribly long, and in later levels potting becomes something of a choice in simpler instances. Unless you or your squads just totally suck...

BM: Actually started out as a BM initially, but was terrible at it in retrospect...

Recently re-rolled a new one, and love it to death. Experience working with them, coupled with what I've read on forums, gave a much better jumping off point and provided a foundation for a toon I'd like to think is actually worth calling a Blademaster. Leveling is often put on the back burner to hoard spirit for skills (which many would consider silly, but tbh leveling is a joke nowadays), so I can test stuff out and learn first hand why some skills kick **** and why others should just be left alone.

Soloing stuff, including most BHs, is actually pretty easy with the huge skill set and wide selection of gear available (on top of lots and lots and lots of pots and Genie stamina...no charms though, after burning the first one while learning to cancel). Most bosses are cake, save for stuff in 59 and bosses that drop amps or Armor Break, and the fact that a majority of a BMs defense stems from their offense is just awesome to me. >W<

Sin: Well...they're definitely infinitely more squishy than a BM. But tbh it's not been a problem for me yet, simply because everything dies so bloody fast. Getting used to a few quirks (such as a minor bit of range on some skills) took some doing, but it's nothing major so far. I'd love to delve deeper into their abilities further than I have (absolutely LOVE working with a good sin), but Cleric still needs more level 11 skills and some semblance of endgame gear...and BM is getting to the point where it needs more attention too...so Sin will probably just be a means to blow off steam for now.
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Venomancer: Well it's my main now, and I really enjoy playing one. However, it annoys me that most people think that playing a veno is just spamming heal on your pet. If you're a veno and that's all you do, well...you fail. Venos are good DDs and can tank in some situations, they aren't just meant for luring. I like soloing stuff and helping my friends with bosses, that's why I made a veno.

Cleric: A cleric was my first character, and I liked it a lot, until after level 60 when I got bored because I couldn't do anything alone, being so squishy. Also what annoyed me was the ungratefulness of other people who were like "gimme buffs, heal nao!!!" "wtf is wrong with u, I died u fail cleric" and so on, all the time. And I'm not that kinda person who would take all the insults and blame without saying anything. So I decided that cleric wasn't the class for me.

Archer: My new alt, I find it very interesting to play. I'm already over level 60 but I'm not leveling fast, because I still want to focus on my veno. I made an archer just for fun, and it is fun, I love that I can kill a mob at my level in 4-5 shots, although I keep stealing aggro a lot. Archers are the best DDs of all, in my opinion. And they're lethal in TWs, tho I don't participate in those.

Wizard: They are my 3rd favourites, doing huge amount of damage and having buffs and heals for myself. Fun to play, but can't solo anything. Also needs a lot of MP pots.

Blademaster: Not bad, but not too good either. I got bored at level 20. Went on some more, but still didn't find it interesting enough. I don't like close combat much, and running around with axes and hammers.

Barbarian: I'm a girl so obviously I didn't like playing a male character. So I didn't even get to level 20. Things I noticed were that barbs are good tanks and have high survability of course, but the repair costs are too high.

Psychics: Wannabe wizards. Not as interesting to play as they don't have that much different skills to use (at least not until level 50 or so), die a lot and need more MP than they have.

Assassins: I really tried to play an assassin, because I thought it would be fun, but they are the squishyest class ever. I had to use HP pots at least once during a fight, and though they are good DDs, I just couldn't play that class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Kinda funny how people omit speaking about the barb, or dislike it due to 'being stuck to tanking and aggroing' and 'repair costs', but when a barb mentiones those things he gets yelled at......*sigh*

Well, I might as well add a bit from my own experience.

First char (and fav) -> barb

I love to solo stuff, not having to party all the time and/or wine for constant help from clan. I like helping friends and clanies tank their bosses and tts/hhs. The repair costs do throw me off a bit. The sticker on my forehead saying 'i'm a barb' kinda does annoy me. People think I should have certain things, do exact stuff.. no space for freedom?!?! meh, if I get annoyed to much, I just go off on a solo quest and remind myself that some people just blow...

Next pick was a cleric
    Guess made it to be able to rez people (clan and friends), quickly buff people. I got to like playing it bit, but kiting is not easy, I was dying too much, spells were not that cool, constantly buffin people EATED too much of my mana, so I guess I have it for rezes. Not much of a supporter... rather a leader...

Made a psychic

It was horrible till i got to lvl 20, then, I fell in love with it. Mana cost is horrible though. Don't have much time for it.. BarbForever!!!

Assasin...

Loved it till lvl 20b:chuckle Then kinda lost interest due to squishiness. Don't wanna wait till later to mass kill in pvp.b:shutup

Oh, I made a veno as well, just to grind some coinz. Pretty cool if one wants to just sit back and enjoy. Don't have much time for it though.

Overall, meeleeeee classes FTW!!!! Although there are minuses to all classes, I adore my barb.b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Made a psychic

It was horrible till i got to lvl 20, then, I fell in love with it. Mana cost is horrible though. Don't have much time for it.. BarbForever!!!

landslide? :p
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Barbarian:my first ever class made didnt even know what a tank was i just liked being a wolf lol
    finding out later that i was suposed to tank(after i found out what tanking was newbie in mmos) i loved it using my high survivabiliity and actually became a decent tank overtime more skilled then the average barb i think now its my all time favorite class

venomancer:my second class ever made got to lvl 41 was soooo boring i didnt get hit ever,i didnt ever need to put effort in killing anything, my mana or hp never ran out,i never died or got close to dying there was no challenge in it for me so i quitted it

Archer:mobs kept getting close to me and i used so many pots it wasnt funny i quitted it at lvl 33 or so

wizard:so squishy i kept dying even with lifepowder not to mention mana drain quitted it at lvl 23

cleric: died quite a bit at the start but i improved builded up my p.def and used self heals wisely and got to lvl 41 but bhs were so annoying with everyone running everywhere screaming heal and the fact of needing to spam mp pots so badly just wasnt worth it to me

psychic: was a nice class but i barely ever got hit(boring) and had such a high mana drain i quitted it at lvl 31

assassin: i though boring squishy melee class at first but i bothered getting lifepowders and it all improved i loved using skill combos lvl 20-34 was a serious pain but i kept playing something in the incredible dps kept me intrested and the fact that its melee made it great for me as well at 34 stuff improved a bit stil wasnt to great but i kept leveling and my sin is lvl 42 now and everything keeps improving in survivability i love the class and right now its my no2 out of all classes and im definatly gonna keep playing it for longer

as for bm never really got the spirit to try it
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Clerics ****.

ijs...

EDIT: QQ, forced sex is filtered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010

19 Cleric: Leveling was painful. Died too much. I don't like playing support, at least not up till now. Deleted.

I play clerics better than you, and I'm not used to clerics lol. Hit and running with great cyclone ftw b:victory . I find clerics easier to play than archers o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

edited June 2010
    I play clerics better than you, and I'm not used to clerics lol. Hit and running with great cyclone ftw b:victory . I find clerics easier to play than archers o.o

Good for u Yulk.b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I do have to admit I find it kind of ironic about the lack of barbarian talk here, in a way.

I can't play a barb for the same reason I can't play a BM or a sin very well... because I just hate being melee. I either want it dead in three shots or I want somebody else to be taking all the slaps for me, I just generally dislike playing melee classes in these kind of games.

But that's really not to say that any of the melee classes fail, or are hard to play, because they really aren't.

That and if barbarians did not exist I wouldn't have a sexah in-game husband to speak of and no doubt I wouldn't have done 80% of the dungeons that I've done. Moar barbs please? D=

[May I also add here if you're getting slapped a lot as an archer, you need to do this thing called kiting. If you are not doing this, it might be why you are dying a lot. (General "you".) IJS]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I do have to admit I find it kind of ironic about the lack of barbarian talk here, in a way.

I can't play a barb for the same reason I can't play a BM or a sin very well... because I just hate being melee. I either want it dead in three shots or I want somebody else to be taking all the slaps for me, I just generally dislike playing melee classes in these kind of games.

But that's really not to say that any of the melee classes fail, or are hard to play, because they really aren't.

That and if barbarians did not exist I wouldn't have a sexah in-game husband to speak of and no doubt I wouldn't have done 80% of the dungeons that I've done. Moar barbs please? D=

[May I also add here if you're getting slapped a lot as an archer, you need to do this thing called kiting. If you are not doing this, it might be why you are dying a lot. (General "you".) IJS]

Your opposite from me, I hate hitting and running, seems not manly to me b:surrender . I rather take a hit than running for my life.

Although venoes are good at taking hits too but boring lol. I rather not be a ranged class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG