clerics control how long u live

Options
2»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this thread is actually good for us clerics if the other classes insist its not true b:shutup less pple to heal! save charm! woo they can take care of themselves! b:pleased profit us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this thread is actually good for us clerics if the other classes insist its not true b:shutup less pple to heal! save charm! woo they can take care of themselves! b:pleased profit us

I agree b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Team of six clerics, is an awesome grp, Done quite a few BHs TTs with em, lotta fun b:laugh
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    its true for a big part and it makes me remember this 1 time in TT2-2 on my old barb
    This veno had been doing nothing but letting her pet auto atack because she was *busy*
    and she already was when we started
    and i just happened to be in a bad mood and told her what are you doing in this squad if you are so busy(err i wouldnt join a squad if i could just auto atack and then need 2 mins to follow us after we killed the boss) now it became quite some arguing and at feng she and the 2 clerics who happened to be her friends(which i didnt know oops lol) now i putted up invoke and told everyone to run and we all came out alive downside we couldnt get any farther in the TT though since we couldnt get any new clerics
    and yes i had been stupid but how could i know the clerics were her friends besides the veno didnt do any good job anyway
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    his best hit is 1500 Q_Q is that hard ? maybe it is on a cleric xD

or maybe The barb on ur server are weak hehehehehhe

D=

maybe

when i stop heal and dd cat hp go down pretty fast. when i think barb without heals would have 60-80% HP all the time and boss nuke, then it would kill barb

unless he is charm tanking
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    its true for a big part and it makes me remember this 1 time in TT2-2 on my old barb
    This veno had been doing nothing but letting her pet auto atack because she was *busy*
    and she already was when we started
    and i just happened to be in a bad mood and told her what are you doing in this squad if you are so busy(err i wouldnt join a squad if i could just auto atack and then need 2 mins to follow us after we killed the boss) now it became quite some arguing and at feng she and the 2 clerics who happened to be her friends(which i didnt know oops lol) now i putted up invoke and told everyone to run and we all came out alive downside we couldnt get any farther in the TT though since we couldnt get any new clerics
    and yes i had been stupid but how could i know the clerics were her friends besides the veno didnt do any good job anyway

It wasn't dumb, and to be frank, I agree. What are you doing there if you are just auto- attacking? Those clerics should have known better, but oh well, they spent more in the end for pots, charms or MP food.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    its a give and take situation i guess....

b:chuckle I like this. +1
  • DrDrakkentre - Lost City
    DrDrakkentre - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    how about leave squad once they pull polearm or gaurnob and let them control their own lives xD

Force log?
    /stealth/run out the cave like your life depends on it...
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

It is when his fiyahballz spike to the tune of almost 5k when people aggro the boss before BB is online, and the Barb is sleeping on the job. T^T
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I know of several high quality barbs on Dreamweaver, they are good team players and not boastful or conceited.
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Tamp - Heavens Tear
    Tamp - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Its true you lives are in our hands and without us this game would not be possible to play.

Just imagine, if for some reason all the clerics just left the game or rerole to another class it would be impossible to do any BH's, TT's, FC's, or any other instance. Then people will try to play as veno's in all veno squads, with every veno healing 1 pet that's tanking. But because of the 4 hour limit it would take to long to do instances like TT's making it impossibe to get TT armor and weapons and soon everyone will just quit that game and PWI will die soon after.

That's why clerics should be threaded with respect and not blamed for every party wipe.

A veno's pet in TT's deal more damage to a boss than a player. They don't do less damage to ?? bosses. Also, usually only the 1 veno will need to heal its pet. A 6 veno party would be insanely quick.

Edit: A single veno can also solo most TT's in under 4 hours easily, in squad mode.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A veno's pet in TT's deal more damage to a boss than a player. They don't do less damage to ?? bosses. Also, usually only the 1 veno will need to heal its pet. A 6 veno party would be insanely quick.

Edit: A single veno can also solo most TT's in under 4 hours easily, in squad mode.

Until players get to higher levels with well sharded/refined weapons and start managing to easily out-damage the pets.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I need to get in touch with some clerics... this could be very profitable when it comes to life insurance. b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tamp - Heavens Tear
    Tamp - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Until players get to higher levels with well sharded/refined weapons and start managing to easily out-damage the pets.

And likewise a well sharded veno will be doing that same damage + pet's damage. Veno's are highest DD's on ?? mobs.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And likewise a well sharded veno will be doing that same damage + pet's damage. Veno's are highest DD's on ?? mobs.
    Firstly, that's irrelevant to my post because you mentioned pet damage vs normal player damage. By late 7X, most players can catch up to the damage of 9X pets and will surpass it when they spark/with proper buffs/debuffs on the bosses.

That being said, unless you're some form of -interval heavy/robe veno then it's not gonna happen.

You forget that casters in general have awful DPS compared to phys attackers. This already puts you at a disadvantage but it just goes downhill from there because of the following.

1: You have the weakest spells out of all casters.
    2: You have the second lowest variety of attack spells out of all casters (and your only true spammable skill gives you the worst DPS)
    3: You'll be expected to be spending a good portion of time debuffing the boss, supporting the squad, and (assuming the pet tanks) healing.
    4: Veno sparks give nothing but a raw damage increase. When any other class sparks, they get extra bonuses (most notably, demons with their -chan/ attack speed increase) that can help them squeeze in more damage.

What this basically means is you start out at a disadvantage on damage. It then gets worse due to your lack of spammable skills for DPS (which is what matters over DPH in a prolonged battle). Then it gets butchered further because your primary role is either support or tank instead of a pure DD. If your damage capability really were that much greater, then you wouldn't be chastised for not lowering that damage to boost the damage output of the rest of the squad. Finally, there's the fact that the only way to get your spark to be on the same level as other classes is to use an apoth powder or comparable genie skill. Something that most really wouldn't consider as worth it.

There's a reason why in RB, the veno's base job has always been farming beans. However all we're doing now is derailing this thread so, if anything, this should be taken to PMs.
  • DrDrakkentre - Lost City
    DrDrakkentre - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I agree it's a give and take situation. While in situations clerics are required, on physical and hard hitting bosses tanks are also very important. As some other poster said, clerics keeps the squad alive and the squad keeps cleric alive. So while we respect clerics for keeping us alive, have some respect for the rest of the squad toob:surrender
    Edit: Um, tried pole with a 6 cleric squad? :D
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I agree as well that it's a give and take... When the squad manages to keep mobs off me, it's much easier for me to keep them alive, both the barb and the DDs (other clerics too should there be any in squad). However, while I do often check on the DDs' health while I heal, there are times when I spam heal barb, check DD health, spam heal barb, and when I check again less than five seconds later, they are on the floor dead because they stole aggro and boss very quickly one, two or three shotted them. So yeah... DDs are often in control of their own lives as well - it's just that depending on the boss, a cleric may be able to save them should they pick an inopportune time to steal aggro.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't say cleric controll who lives and who die, at the end cleric should be and it's focused on a tank, but (verry) often dmg dealers dosn't even manage not to press to fast on they 3 buttons and making they own life & from a cleric much more difficult as it could be. Let's be honest dmg dealers are almost in 90 % responsible for squad wipe(s) its more rare that tank dosn't know what he is doing or the cleric dosn't heal a tank. I would rather say, that who lives and not depends a lot from dmg dealers behavior, which is often weird, since most of them '' transform '' to a tank, dmg dealer, lurer...everything in 1 person when they see a cleric in a squad.