Don't you just hate when..

Options
ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
I just made a cleric lately. I got it to lvl 4x+ and just even at the start of getting the bh's and everything. I have noticed, it sucks to be a cleric.
Don't you just hate when you get some psy or sin who thinks they can tank everything including the boss. And they just keep dying because they get killed in 2-3 hits because they don't understand how to control their own hitting so they don't get aggro. But then when they do die it is all your fault. You didn't heal enough, blah blah.
And when you try to explain, they need to not pull aggro they are to squishy, you're now wrong. b:angry

Anyone else getting this or am I the only one? Because I can tell you, I'm getting so much of it I'm tempted to say

"**** it, you think you can tank. Then fine. You don't need me to heal you. You have pots, use them, if not then go buy some" b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
Making fun of me for being insane,
is like me making fun of you for being normal.
b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
Veno 5x (Harsh.)
Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
Bm 2x (Sanc.)
Archer 2x (Sanc.)
Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
b:thanks
Post edited by ChaoticLove - Sanctuary on

Comments

• StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It gets worse at higher lvls, where you expect that people will know their class b:surrender

Anyways, i had this barb not so long ago that really like to rush. Killing stuff with 1/4 of his hp and out of my reach. He died a few times. I didn't really care actually. I mean, if he wants to rush and die he'll get 90% less exp loss. If i die however, i get the full thing. I just learned to ignore them. It's harder for them to get a cleric than it is for me to get a new squad.

In the end we let another barb join us. I was soo happy. I was totally stressed out as the first barb couldn't speak proper english AND ignored me. I mean.. If you don't understand english that well, okay. But ask what i mean at least o.o

Just let them die =3 As i said before. It's their loss. You can easily find another squad.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just let em die, revive them for their first 1-4 deaths.
    then tell em to run back because you won't bother rezzing them anymore after that.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drenith
    drenith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sadly what you're saying is nothing new. Ever since the 3x daily BHs, CS oracle sales, and hypers there has been nothing but an influx of higher level characters that don't know how to play.

Case in point, I was doing a BH 59 without a cleric, as the barb assured me that my wizzy heals would be enough to keep him alive, which after 10min+ of cleric searching I was more than happy to just give it a try. Anyways when we get to the boss I suggested that the lvl 79 psy help heal as well... her response? 'I can heal? O.o' ... *facepalm*

Perfect World is quickly going away from the fun and obscure-ish game that it used to be and became a mainstream fail game for 12 year olds much like Rune*censor*.

I miss the good ole days of lvl 6x+ actually meaning something, and with DD classes that knew how to control their aggro. I also miss my wizzy being the best elemental DD... i struggled getting him up back when I would only see maybe 1 wizzy my level every few days, they can't easily solo AoE grind, their heals take forever, and they're squishy, it was a challenge and i enjoyed being one of the few that attempted it. But now psy's can out DD us and other wizzy's are popping out of the woodwork.

I know it'll never happen, but I wish they'd make a 'hardcore' server or something, where when your char died it was gone for good. Not sure how many Diablo II fans are out there, but that was the most fun I ever remember having online, once you got up to reasonably high levels in hardcore mode, EVERYONE knew how to play, if they didn't, they'd have died at some point and had to start over.

/End rant
  • ChaoticLove - Sanctuary
    ChaoticLove - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It gets worse at higher lvls, where you expect that people will know their class b:surrender

Just let them die =3 As i said before. It's their loss. You can easily find another squad.

I was afraid it wouldn't get any better. I've stopped healing them before because I told them to stop pulling aggro, and then the squad then told me I was a bad cleric. Because I didn't want to heal the psy.

But, I think me paying attention to the bm who was actually tanking the run was better then ignoring the bm to heal the psy so when she died then I wouldn't have time to get over to the bm to heal him. Then poof he'd go. And we'd all be dead. (Since the rest of us could only take 2-3 hits before being dead.)

I just don't understand how that makes me a bad cleric.

b:angry People need to learn to play their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I'm insane, why does that matter?
    Making fun of me for being insane,
    is like me making fun of you for being normal.
    b:shutup

Veno 7x (Sanc.)
    Veno 5x (Harsh.)
    Cleric 4x (Sanc.)
    Cleric 3x (Sanc.)
    Bm 2x (Sanc.)
    Archer 2x (Sanc.)
    Psy. 1x (Sanc.)
    b:thanks
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    drenith wrote: »
    I know it'll never happen, but I wish they'd make a 'hardcore' server or something, where when your char died it was gone for good. Not sure how many Diablo II fans are out there, but that was the most fun I ever remember having online, once you got up to reasonably high levels in hardcore mode, EVERYONE knew how to play, if they didn't, they'd have died at some point and had to start over.

/End rant

I don't hope they'll do that o.o Because sometimes when i'm grinding or questing my computer just shuts down but i'm still in the game. Because i can't heal myself at that time i'd die every time i quest )=

I was afraid it wouldn't get any better. I've stopped healing them before because I told them to stop pulling aggro, and then the squad then told me I was a bad cleric. Because I didn't want to heal the psy.

But, I think me paying attention to the bm who was actually tanking the run was better then ignoring the bm to heal the psy so when she died then I wouldn't have time to get over to the bm to heal him. Then poof he'd go. And we'd all be dead. (Since the rest of us could only take 2-3 hits before being dead.)

If you think that what you're doing is best, then do it your way. It works for you doesn't it? I would suggest listening to your squad mates in some situations though. For example in fb/bh69. Pole and nob are nasty and if you don't heal and purify right then it would be a squad wipe.
    It's up to you when to listen and when not. And you're right. People should learn how to play their class.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that Quingzi uses an earth elemental attack when fought at a distance, so if the psy had a decent clue of what they were doing and actually received heals then he would have, in fact, been a better tank for it than a BM.

But yes, the game has become largely people who are clueless on the basics and don't know how to play their classes at all. Welcome to the BH/Hyper/Oracle generation.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Case in point, I was doing a BH 59 without a cleric, as the barb assured me that my wizzy heals would be enough to keep him alive, which after 10min+ of cleric searching I was more than happy to just give it a try. Anyways when we get to the boss I suggested that the lvl 79 psy help heal as well... her response? 'I can heal? O.o' ... *facepalm*

You think a Psy not knowing she could heal is amazing?
    Try having a 7x barb asking you what Flesh Ream is.b:surrender (Not me though, some other)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Such is the life of a cleric...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Genlune - Harshlands
    Genlune - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Something like that happened to me the other day. This archer ex-friend (now blacklisted, very annoying) of mine was about the same lvl as me. He wanted to help this barb about 7 lvls lower in Secret Passage.

So, we get to the Hall of Deception, and he keeps pulling aggro. On top of that, every time he pulls aggro, he runs. So, I have to chase him down, and the barb dies. I tell him to control his aggro, he responds with, "what's aggro?" -facepalm-

After the second party whipe, I tell him that he doesn't know what he's doing, and he rage quits. Nobody died after that.

The weird thing is that I told this story in faction chat, and someone told me it was the barb's fault for not holding aggro.
  • Drenith - Sanctuary
    Drenith - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that Quingzi uses an earth elemental attack when fought at a distance, so if the psy had a decent clue of what they were doing and actually received heals then he would have, in fact, been a better tank for it than a BM.

But yes, the game has become largely people who are clueless on the basics and don't know how to play their classes at all. Welcome to the BH/Hyper/Oracle generation.

Not necessarily, my 82 wizard with lvl 10 Stone Barrier and cleric buff still gets hit for just over 100s... a 4x psychic has no self buff to vastly increase their earth resist and should have extremely low hp (its not like we're putting flawless cits in 4x armor lol) its not too hard to imagine a psychic getting 2-3 shotted at that level.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My sin alt (full dex) had no trouble tanking anything until polearm and gaurnob in fb 69. I could probably tank gaurnob with a decent cleric, but I haven't tried
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily, my 82 wizard with lvl 10 Stone Barrier and cleric buff still gets hit for just over 100s... a 4x psychic has no self buff to vastly increase their earth resist and should have extremely low hp (its not like we're putting flawless cits in 4x armor lol) its not too hard to imagine a psychic getting 2-3 shotted at that level.

While Psychics doesn't have a skill to increase earth resist, they have a skill to increase def lvl, the only downside about it is that everyone can steal aggro with it on.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yep yep, it happens all the time. TBs think themselves the ultimate class ( no offense ) and have the priority to get healed. Once there was a sin in BH59 wearing lvl 50 gear and charmed, he kept pulling aggro and get his charm ticked and started yelling about it and told us that people usually leave the squad if their charms tick o.o.....

Also I was helping a friend in BH39 and there was a lvl 47 barb with us that wanted the quests in the cave. When we got to Farren I told everyone to stay back, the psychic kept pulling aggro and that made us in farren's AoE range, I was struggling to keep the barb, other squishy ranged DDs AND MYSELF alive so the barb decides at the last second to go and fight farren, 5 seconds later his HP drops to 70% I stack 4 IHs on him but woops, drops dead and doesn't get the kill. So he started shouting at me and calling me I dunno my job, just wtf! I'm not a healing robot.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It happens in all games at one point or another. BMs overwriting their own stuns, not understanding they have enough time to add in another attack skill before stunning once more. Venos not understanding bramble is an aggro- holding skill and is ideally cast on only the melee classes and especially NOT the cleric (but there are exceptions to the rules, like SoulBanisher and Drummer who's AoE can be reflected back with bramble). Many venos don't even know what luring is.

Tideborn hit incredibly hard but are incredibly easy to kill. They are DD classes and shouldn't be tanking, especially if there is a barb around. If they pull aggro and die before you can toss them a quick heal, let them die; your priority is to keep the real tank alive. If they start blaming you, try and make them understand what aggro, heal- aggro and damage control are. While I was playing a veno and doing BH51s, I found myself explaining these things a lot. I also found many are willing to learn. Yes, there are some rather thick- headed players out there as well; ignore them.

However, sometimes you cannot blame them when there are just as many 'fail' clerics. Sanctuary is a very cleric heavy server, however, most I've found, just sit in BB and use IH as if they are the answer to everything. They probably did BH69 with BB up instead of purifying the tank. This probably goes for BH51's Wyvern. The sad truth is, BHs should have been cut off for certain levels instead of power leveling players at a truely disgusting rate.

"Back in my day, you ran out of quests at 6x and had to grind to the next level!" Look around you; not many of those level 100s actually have their 3rd fairy. Know why? They never took the time out to do that Chrono quest you get at level 70 that keeps going right up to level 100.

Sorry for the rant.

Short version: All the classes, including clerics can mess up majorly. Teach them about aggro when you can, some will actually listen and thank you. Don't get discouraged and tough it out. You're good as long as you're doing your job well (IE: when there are no party wipes!)
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    just tell them your going to be healing the tank, and if they cant control their own threat rate LIKE A GOOD DD SHOULD BE ABLE, then theyll be eating dirt unless they have their own pot and charms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zhadi - Archosaur
    Zhadi - Archosaur Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    just tell them your going to be healing the tank, and if they cant control their own threat rate LIKE A GOOD DD SHOULD BE ABLE, then theyll be eating dirt unless they have their own pot and charms

I was just in a TT 2-3 Squad..
    I'm lvl 95 and our Barb was 98.
    We had a psychic, a BM, and two clerics.

one cleric kept doing RB while the other either IH'd or BB'd.

I stayed out of RB range and never sparked, never quickshotted, never did absolutely anything to increase my DPS output... hell, I even waited till 3/4 HP on the boss's health before attacking a single time (cept for STA) which should be MUCH MORE than enough on a TT boss..

Yet, I still pulled aggro.

I can't even say the barb was a bad one because we had a BM with lunar claws and pretty decent intervals and the psychic had a +8 weapon and was going all out in RB...

Does that make me a bad DD?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was just in a TT 2-3 Squad..
    I'm lvl 95 and our Barb was 98.
    We had a psychic, a BM, and two clerics.

one cleric kept doing RB while the other either IH'd or BB'd.

I stayed out of RB range and never sparked, never quickshotted, never did absolutely anything to increase my DPS output... hell, I even waited till 3/4 HP on the boss's health before attacking a single time (cept for STA) which should be MUCH MORE than enough on a TT boss..

Yet, I still pulled aggro.

I can't even say the barb was a bad one because we had a BM with lunar claws and pretty decent intervals and the psychic had a +8 weapon and was going all out in RB...

Does that make me a bad DD?
    not all DDs are that considerate tho. Im mostly referring to the asstards who think dealing as much dmg as possible is their role even though their super epic 2shots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I've stopped healing them before because I told them to stop pulling aggro, and then the squad then told me I was a bad cleric. Because I didn't want to heal the psy.

This is when you give them the finger and leave. Never, ever, ever take abuse as a cleric. One time I was in an FC run and had just about had it with absolute dickwads I had to deal with. So I dropped squad and ported out just as the puller was turning back during a pull.

They all wiped ^.^
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is when you give them the finger and leave. Never, ever, ever take abuse as a cleric. One time I was in an FC run and had just about had it with absolute dickwads I had to deal with. So I dropped squad and ported out just as the puller was turning back during a pull.

They all wiped ^.^

LOL!!! I'd be so tempted to do that :P Lucky for me I havn't had many fail squads lately; I've been going with guildies n friends :P But my last fail squad... I wanted to kill the fail barb and his fail cleric wife; I am a devout non-pvper.
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sadly what you're saying is nothing new. Ever since the 3x daily BHs, CS oracle sales, and hypers there has been nothing but an influx of higher level characters that don't know how to play.

Perfect World is quickly going away from the fun and obscure-ish game that it used to be and became a mainstream fail game for 12 year olds much like Rune*censor*.

I miss the good ole days of lvl 6x+ actually meaning something, and with DD classes that knew how to control their aggro. I also miss my wizzy being the best elemental DD... i struggled getting him up back when I would only see maybe 1 wizzy my level every few days, they can't easily solo AoE grind, their heals take forever, and they're squishy, it was a challenge and i enjoyed being one of the few that attempted it. But now psy's can out DD us and other wizzy's are popping out of the woodwork.

/End rant

Just yesterday I was squaded with a level 68 Veno to help her with 20x3 in the Wraithgate. I was fine with it, my heals are sufficient. But she was completely hopeless, she didn't know what skill was what, and worst of all she turned a 20x3 into actually wanting to do her fb. She was determined and sure we could do it. After an hour or so she had copped a lot of abuse then finally she quit. She quit and said she'll do it alone b:chuckle

I know it's not impossible to do it. But I'm not going to waste 5+ hours doing it.
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I got it too yes, but lately the sins and bm's are a bit more down to earth (at least it looks like that). but yes i did have that alot, especially in bh 59 and pyro in 69...
    Luckily i hadn't any bm in bh 69 who wanted to tank nob and pole and didnt succeed.
    (no experience with sins there cause they didnt excist at that time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is why Assassins are on my sh-- poolist. Psychics aren't so bad as I don't end up in parties with them as much as Assassins. When I get into a party with Assassins I already know to expect a wipe or multiple deaths because all of them think they can tank every thing and none of them listen. The worse part about it is that when I'm doing a BH with a rampant know-it-all Sin and I get tired of our party sucking because of one idiot, I'm the only one who speaks up about it and of course the Sin makes me out to look like the suck cleric. I usually get PMs saying that I'm in the right but why am I the only one to say anything? When the Cleric messes up, EVERYONE jumps down his/her throat.

Also, Barbs are on my poolist. I usually love Barbs but lately, I've been getting into parties with Barbs who can't speak English or they're 12 years old and think they know everything about the game meaning they . In my last party, the Barb didn't know English, didn't listen to anyone because he swore he knew a better way to kill mobs, and the friend who invited him wouldn't translate. Whenever he went afk or turned in, we did a better job (2 Clerics, 1 Sin, 1 Archer) clearing than when he was there. I consider that very RARE to fail like that when you're a Barb.

Hopefully when summer ends, the fail players will go back to middle school.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I once had a barb in BH51 gather all the mobs and he came running back to me with like 50 mobs behind him asking me to heal him. I let him die cause no way am I stealing aggro. b:chuckle

I also had another barb who almost kicked me from the squad because I couldn't catch up to him. As we all know barbs are very fast in tiger form, as for clerics not so fast. Cleric life is pretty interesting.
  • JRRigoz - Dreamweaver
    JRRigoz - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The last bad experience I had was on Raging Tide, as my lvl 48 cleric.....

Basically, it was time for BH29 so I found Myself in a squad with a Barb, Sin, Psychic, and an archer.

We were all roughly around the same level(I think at least can't remember).

Everything goes fine....Then we get to the boss room. What happens? I tell everyone to wait until My mana comes back(Because I crafted some Jade powder, but That was for the faction as a request). Took about 2 mins to actually come back..So the Sin(surprising I know right?) charges on ahead, and starts to get thrashed...So the barb rushes in to help, So I start stacking up IH's on the Barb, and the Sin dies. He's sitting there cursing me out demanding that I rez him, to which the barb says go ahead..Maybe I should have never focused my mana on the Sin at that point, because I rez him, heal him, buff him, Twice.

So at this point I'm consuming the Jade powder that was I was supposed to give to my buddies in faction, in order to keep the barb alive which was in vain...The Sin ended up taking boss down in a few more strikes.

I rez the barb, re-buff him and heal him fully. The Sin, once again furious begins to curse me out again, asking why I couldn't keep the barb alive(When lvl 5 revive costs 585 mana)..And I begin to apologize to the barb as much as I could.

He took it absolutely fine. He wasn't angry at the fact that he would get no rep, and the drops he got wouldn't fully pay for his repair costs.

At this point with the sin still yelling, I dropped Squad and wanted to repay the Barb, but he simply refused, and asked me to just stop worrying about it.

To this day I'm still not happy that I didn't repay that Barb...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's sitting there cursing me out demanding that I rez him, to which the barb says go ahead..Maybe I should have never focused my mana on the Sin at that point, because I rez him, heal him, buff him, Twice.

Why on EARTH would you res and heal someone that's rude to you?! I just do not understand that. I have no problems refusing to res someone if they were complete *******, and MUCH less so if they were RUDE to me. If he QQs, tell him to QQ moar. Either I am an amazingly mean cleric or most clerics are far too nice... >.>;;

As I said before: Never, ever, ever, EVER take abuse from other players!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Rated_X - Sanctuary
    Rated_X - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why on EARTH would you res and heal someone that's rude to you?! I just do not understand that. I have no problems refusing to res someone if they were complete *******, and MUCH less so if they were RUDE to me. If he QQs, tell him to QQ moar. Either I am an amazingly mean cleric or most clerics are far too nice... >.>;;

As I said before: Never, ever, ever, EVER take abuse from other players!

Most clerics are just way too nice, my gf plays as a cleric and she only gets bs from 12 year olds, and gets random pms from ppl to rez without even a thanks etc.
  • Grego - Raging Tide
    Grego - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Sweet-sour sauce of a Clerics for sale! Lol.
    Sometimes it's fun and sadly in a same.
    You are a saviour and a doom, but mostly without-thanking-hero of the group.
    Those who playing cleric toons will be strong-minded users in a time.
    Each character has his frustrating moments but everything will be lie in a past.
    Enjoy the game.
  • Serinus - Raging Tide
    Serinus - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah had something like that in a bh39.

Tank and the other cleric went to turn in their bh after a boss, while rest of squad waited in the cave. One of the 5x BMs was rushy, and he wanted to go ahead fighting while they were absent. I took one look at the closely crowded mob group of 4 and 1 walking Lantern, and refused to budge. He insisted on it, and after a while just went ahead by himself anyway, and AOEd all those mobs. Sure, he kept aggro on all 4, 5 of them, until he died a few seconds later. No way I could've heal him fast enough at level 41. He said it was my fault, that I didn't know how to heal. ... I'm cleric not Jesus.

The barb kicked him after that.
  • Kaoko - Dreamweaver
    Kaoko - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

i ran a bh not too long ago with a sin that said "if you don't die at least once during a boss fight you not really DDing" b:worried
    he started pulling mass mobs to sqaud an nearly wipes us twice then go anrgy because i wouldn't heal him.
    he also managed to get himself a few times stealing aggro from the tank (because he thought he could do a better job than the tank), then got angry because i let him die. as soon as i rezzed him he did it again,so next time he took arrgo from tank i left him dead he didn't get boss called, me a fail cleric, and left sqaud.
    moral of the story If people do dumb things let them die, they are the ones doing it to themselves. saving them is not worth risking the rest of the squad.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I saw a psy tank Qingzi. Ok, she was like 9x and she had my 7x *ss healing her, but she didn't really need it.
This discussion has been closed.