Don't you just hate when..

2»

Comments

• JRRigoz - Dreamweaver
    JRRigoz - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just made a cleric lately. I got it to lvl 4x+ and just even at the start of getting the bh's and everything. I have noticed, it sucks to be a cleric.
    Don't you just hate when you get some psy or sin who thinks they can tank everything including the boss. And they just keep dying because they get killed in 2-3 hits because they don't understand how to control their own hitting so they don't get aggro. But then when they do die it is all your fault. You didn't heal enough, blah blah.
    And when you try to explain, they need to not pull aggro they are to squishy, you're now wrong. b:angry

Anyone else getting this or am I the only one? Because I can tell you, I'm getting so much of it I'm tempted to say

"**** it, you think you can tank. Then fine. You don't need me to heal you. You have pots, use them, if not then go buy some" b:surrender

I've grown a bit up as a cleric now when it comes to squads.b:pleased

Using my technological knowledge it goes like this:

*X dies*
    X:Rez me
    me: K
    *X dies twice more*: OMG HEAL BETTER!! REZ ME!
    Me: K

*X dies again*
    X: REZ ME!!
    Me: Your trial period of JRR's No death protection program has expired, please purchase the full version for 300K to continue protection.

X: **** you!! FAIL PLAYER!!
    me: *Drops squad leaving X dead and waiting for another cleric*b:cute
  • Fayerye - Dreamweaver
    Fayerye - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    when i did my fb29 a psy tanked quingzi. he was about 4-5x and had a 4x cleric and me(at that time 3x) healing him. it went just fine b:laugh
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    After hypers, oracles.... clerics have get also a new pt role. Babysitter for full squad since most of the people ( no matter which class ) die without a cleric in 5 minutes. And a tipp, watch out for archers not only sins, many of them love to shot & tank everything sometimes even more as sins.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    drenith wrote: »
    I know it'll never happen, but I wish they'd make a 'hardcore' server or something, where when your char died it was gone for good. Not sure how many Diablo II fans are out there, but that was the most fun I ever remember having online, once you got up to reasonably high levels in hardcore mode, EVERYONE knew how to play, if they didn't, they'd have died at some point and had to start over.

I've jokingly suggested this a few times actually. Only problem is that PWI seems to have serious issues with lag and d/c. I don't have the greatest computer in the world (it's a piece of **** to be honest) and my ping is never under 700 at any given time but I've gotten used to it and compensate. Thing is, sometimes my ping suddenly shoots up to 2000 for no reason (even on my old computer which was much better than what I'm using now); I'm not in a city and there are no other players around me but my screen freezes up and sometimes I'll d/c. As much as I'd love to play on a hardcore server I'd rather not lose my character and all the effort I put into it just because of a second of lag.

And your comment that everyone knew how to play on hardcore servers when they reached a decent level isn't completely true. Two words: hell cows. Got a friend from 2x to 8x in a few hours that way and he died a few minutes later.
    truekossy wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that Quingzi uses an earth elemental attack when fought at a distance, so if the psy had a decent clue of what they were doing and actually received heals then he would have, in fact, been a better tank for it than a BM.

What you say would be true if the psy is smart enough to throw on white voodoo when he/she gets aggro. Too bad a lot of psys I've met only know of white voodoo in a 'it makes me do less damage' way.
    Why on EARTH would you res and heal someone that's rude to you?! I just do not understand that. I have no problems refusing to res someone if they were complete *******, and MUCH less so if they were RUDE to me. If he QQs, tell him to QQ moar. Either I am an amazingly mean cleric or most clerics are far too nice... >.>;;

As I said before: Never, ever, ever, EVER take abuse from other players!

I agree with you completely. It's why I rerolled my cleric on HL so I could PK anyone who decides to be a **** to me. My personal favorite is the 'res > kick from squad > plume shot' combo for the especially aggravating ones. I, understandably, get a lot of 'o_O' for that.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just made a cleric lately. I got it to lvl 4x+ and just even at the start of getting the bh's and everything. I have noticed, it sucks to be a cleric.
    Don't you just hate when you get some psy or sin who thinks they can tank everything including the boss. And they just keep dying because they get killed in 2-3 hits because they don't understand how to control their own hitting so they don't get aggro. But then when they do die it is all your fault. You didn't heal enough, blah blah.
    And when you try to explain, they need to not pull aggro they are to squishy, you're now wrong. b:angry

Anyone else getting this or am I the only one? Because I can tell you, I'm getting so much of it I'm tempted to say

"**** it, you think you can tank. Then fine. You don't need me to heal you. You have pots, use them, if not then go buy some" b:surrender

The simple answer is don't heal or revive them let them learn who the tanker is and hopefully you have Barb if not kick the Sin and get one.Let them go to town if they die like you would and lose xp.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You think a Psy not knowing she could heal is amazing?
    Try having a 7x barb asking you what Flesh Ream is.b:surrender (Not me though, some other)

I'm new myself and I've had to teach 6x barbs how to tank and a 7x well geared (like stuff I wish I had) archer how to be a archer.
    She would just stand there in pvp taking hit because she doesn't want to be a nub runner..
    Like really?
    Re-roll a barb if your just going to stand there and take hits.
    b:surrender
    Hard to get it threw these thick headed kids heads.
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just had the same thing happen to me too! D:<

A 3x, yes, 3x fish that was trying to tell me AND the barb what to do, a 4x sin who was solo/tank happy, and a veno who though she could solo qingzi. I just want to shout! I can't complain...too busy clicking my IH button :(

I don't think I'm a bad cleric or anything, and my gear probably does more work than me, but even it would be annoyed!

I read somewhere to keep my rez maxed out for my level so I did. I wish I could've kept it at level 1. Then when I rez them, at least I can be happy to know that rush happy/annoying people would suffer SOME loss. b:angryb:cry
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • HealerOfGaia - Lost City
    HealerOfGaia - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm a beginner Cleric lvl 37,
    I really want to be a good cleric, so do u guys have some tips? So what i know from reading this is if people are complaining about your healing just ignore them. Could someone of you give le some tips please?? TY!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm a beginner Cleric lvl 37,
    I really want to be a good cleric, so do u guys have some tips? So what i know from reading this is if people are complaining about your healing just ignore them. Could someone of you give le some tips please?? TY!

1)dont necro threads (aka post when the last post was before 30 days)
    2)read the guides
    3) "if people are complaining about your healing just ignore them"

this is ****. the same way a DD could say "if people complain about me getting aggro ignore them" the tank could say "if people complain about me getting aggro ignore them" and the squad could just fail and we will have fail players.

ignoring is never a solution. instead of that think what happened, who's fault it was etc.
    this might shock some clerics, but clerics are not gods. neither are they that rare.

not ressing someone? not healing someone? lolwtf
    u are in a squad to heal, res and buff, period. if u dont like it go play another char.
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    2)read the guides

this is ****. the same way a DD could say "if people complain about me getting aggro ignore them" the tank could say "if people complain about me getting aggro ignore them" and the squad could just fail and we will have fail players.

ignoring is never a solution. instead of that think what happened, who's fault it was etc.
    this might shock some clerics, but clerics are not gods. neither are they that rare.

u are in a squad to heal, res and buff, period. if u dont like it go play another char.

Wow, why are u so aggressive? I agree with you that ignoring is not always a solution, but sometimes yes it is. DDs who are stupidly getting aggro or tanks that are not doing their jobs properly, that sort of things is veeeeery frequent. And, as you say it yourself, clerics are not gods, they cannot do miracles, sorry guys, so healing and trying to keep everyone alive sometimes is not enough, and people die. Everyone has his role to play in the squad and not healing someone and letting him die is sometimes necessary. Especially when it is due to stupid errors.
    Having said that, it's a game so noone should go angry at anyone for dying. b:thanks
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just analyze the situation, and don't overreact.
    Everyone has the right to do mistakes.
    But if the mistakes become common in the same run, and the blame comes in the wrong way, draw conclusion:
    1) you suck
    2) he sucks
    3) you/he is unlucky
    And take action in consequence. (teaching/apologizing/quitting/laughing...)
  • HealerOfGaia - Lost City
    HealerOfGaia - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    2)read the guides

Woohoow.. jeez.. sorry don't get worked about it.. Sorry i asked for help tideborns never need help right? They're invincible.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Closed for necro. Sheesh, I can smell them from miles now... zombies!
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Good job except you didn't actually close the threadb:embarrass
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    :3

b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Healladiin - Harshlands
    Healladiin - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited December 2010

u are in a squad to heal, res and buff, period. if u dont like it go play another char.[/QUOTE]

This is obviously just a rage post and seeing that it comes from a SIN I would encourage everyone to disregard it.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We should continue to post in here till they realize that the thread was not closed and rectify that.

Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    We should continue to post in here till they realize that the thread was not closed and rectify that.

nah we should wait a month and necro it again, simply to put the mods/Gms to an even bigger shameb:sin
    edited December 2010
    nah we should wait a month and necro it again, simply to put the mods/Gms to an even bigger shameb:sin

I second the motion and agree not to post on this thread for another month.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011

Well it has been 1 month since last post here so
    As announced here is the..... necro
This discussion has been closed.