How to beat the broken class?

Kaidosan - Dreamweaver
Kaidosan - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Wizard
Just a little question for my wiz friends... how can i beat assassins my lvl. Or is it impossible.b:shutup
Post edited by Kaidosan - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    At level 37?
    Any other class can om nom nom at that level.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    can om nom nom? is that supposed to mean something? O.o
  • Bayaz - Lost City
    Bayaz - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    dunno bout u, but i can make sins in my lvl range go splat pretty easy
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizard > Sin

in terms of power. To beat sin follow this:

Get distance
    Use most powerful spell
    kite for a few seconds and out of their range
    Use second most powerful spell

You win.
  • Rated_PG - Lost City
    Rated_PG - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    no this is how it goes.....
    Scenario 1

Noob Wiz: Do doo do do, hmm a beautifu-(POW!@#!#$@$@! CRITICAL 1956!) AHHH WTF Q>Q!@#$%@!$ omg im immob. Q.Q!@#$@!#$%#@!@ ahhh!!!! (CRITICAL 2436!!!) ahhhh Q.Q **** -.-

Sin: Hehe a wiz xD, easy kill :P, use T.slash to tick charm, then sss etc for the ko ^.^....BOOM@#$%@!#@ bwuahahahaha noob :D

Scenario 2

@$ wtf@#$#@!# (stunned ftw, and beat down to death ^.^)

Sin: Lol, idiot -.-, gf

if you have any problem with that, make a lvl 31 sin on Raging tide and pk/pvp my sin, I will destroy the sht out of you -.- sin ftwb:victory
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sins wreck wizards at all levels. Get used to it, my friend.

You'll have a chance later on when you can spam genie survival skills.

I have only one pvp kill on my sin that I got as a fresh level 30. Some level 4x wizard was sandstorming all the noobie BMs outside SP, so I just stealthed, sparked, and ate him in two hits. He never had a chance.
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizard > Sin

Get distance
    Use most powerful spell

You win.

Until they realize they're in trouble and disappear
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sin>Wizard

in terms of power. To get owned by sin follow this:

Get distance
    Sin uses shadow teleport
    Sin stun locks you
    You die

You lose.

Fixed b:bye
  • Flinderlien - Heavens Tear
    Flinderlien - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:chuckle Clerics that are higher level than the sin win.

I was pking with my friend (who's a wiz) and some silly sin comes along and goes invis. Now I'm just standing there, waiting for him to move and all, (I could clearly see him). I put his **** to sleep, and Friend used BIDS, BOOM, HEADHSOT sin was down, lmao so wizzies can pwn sins, with a cleric b:pleasedb:laugh
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    As a wiz sins are a nightmare in earlier levels... xD
    For me i find that absolute domain saved my **** so many times from sins you wouldn't believe it. If sin pops up use absolute domain, silence, undine, gush, sleep, and finish off with a strong skill. That takes down quite a few sins.
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I was pking with my friend (who's a wiz) and some silly sin comes along and goes invis. Now I'm just standing there, waiting for him to move and all, (I could clearly see him). I put his **** to sleep, and Friend used BIDS, BOOM, HEADHSOT sin was down, lmao so wizzies can pwn sins, with a cleric b:pleasedb:laugh

Unless the sin is smart enough to get off maze steps before starting their attack.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    got 1shot by a fish with a lvl90+1 dagger ,distance skill crit 5k >.>

.. they are ok when u have the first shot
    start with mountain seize, stun, tick and (maybe) remove survive buff with just that
    oh thats lvl59+ :P
    i like potato
  • Damiclius - Sanctuary
    Damiclius - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Unless the sin is smart enough to get off maze steps before starting their attack.

I can kill the Cleric in 1-2 hits, after i shadow teleport to the wizzie then shadow jump the the cleric make the cleric mah beeyotch, Then headhunt the wizzie and go to work.
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    sin: just an OP class to atract more cashshopers ;)
  • Rated_PG - Lost City
    Rated_PG - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    people that say sins are op: noobs that cant think of ways to fight an extremely squishy class, or are just plain old noobs.
    fixed :D hehe
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizard > Sin

Get distance
    Use most powerful spell

You win.

do u have any problem???

a wiz casting the "2nd most powerfull spell" takes 1973659871650716 hours... a sin can interrupt it just using shadow teleport (if u dont know wht skill it is... it is a teleport of 35 meters of range that stun the "powerfull wiz" for 3 seconds at normal version and 5 seconds at demon version, and it's cast just takes 0,0000000001 second).....

the right combo is:
    get range > use ur most powerfull skill > *OMG, the sin saw me* > ur cast is 10% (more 1032561029865hours of cast -.-) > sin enter in stealth > u lose the target and stay: QQQQ OMG, he is gonna kill me > u run like crazy > the sin just use 1 of the 235982137659732 runing skills > the sin uses headhunt > 5 seconds of stun -.- (or 6 if it is the demon version) > OMG, it crits > u die... b:byeb:victory

PS: do u rly think that ull find a rednamed sin unstealthed w8ing to take the "most powerfull skill" of a wiz??
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    sin: just an OP class to atract more cashshopers ;)

yes, we r OP, and we can kill all the classes b:chuckleb:pleased...
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    do u have any problem???

a wiz casting the "2nd most powerfull spell" takes 1973659871650716 hours... a sin can interrupt it just using shadow teleport (if u dont know wht skill it is... it is a teleport of 35 meters of range that stun the "powerfull wiz" for 3 seconds at normal version and 5 seconds at demon version, and it's cast just takes 0,0000000001 second).....

the right combo is:
    get range > use ur most powerfull skill > *OMG, the sin saw me* > ur cast is 10% (more 1032561029865hours of cast -.-) > sin enter in stealth > u lose the target and stay: QQQQ OMG, he is gonna kill me > u run like crazy > the sin just use 1 of the 235982137659732 runing skills > the sin uses headhunt > 5 seconds of stun -.- (or 6 if it is the demon version) > OMG, it crits > u die... b:byeb:victory

PS: do u rly think that ull find a rednamed sin unstealthed w8ing to take the "most powerfull skill" of a wiz??

You're both wrong. The correct combo for a sin is:

If unstealthed: Holy path to SZ or try to fight. Pray deaden nerves isn't active if you do fight.

If stealthed: go afk while waiting for the "release corpse" button.

Alternatively, spend about 20 times as much as the sin to become just as OP. Stalemate at best vs. a good sin.

Thanks for playing perfect world!
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    do u have any problem???

the right combo is:

If you are in squad, you have a big advantage over an assassin, if your squad mates are any good.

Also, you should prefer fighting monsters that have wide AoEs. For some reasons assassins like to leave you alone when you fight them.

Also, you should be moving whenever you can. This is especially true if you can not survive five-ish seconds of stun. If you can survive being stunned, your first move should be either distance shrink or seal. Distance shrink usually works better right then (you can also sleep them, if you know for certain that they are not immune right then).

You should also do everything you can (including getting a decent genie) so you can survive being stunned by an assassin.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Alternatively, spend about 20 times as much as the sin to become just as OP. Stalemate at best vs. a good sin.

Thanks for playing perfect world!
    this ^ /10char
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The only thing I really think is OP with sins is their ability to go back in to stealth mode even if they are in the middle of combat. Other classes must wait at least 10s after combat has ended before using town portal, teleport stone, etc. I wish the devs would either put the same restriction on stealth or take away the restriction on teleport stones.

But, yeah - my experience has been the same as most wizards:

1. Sin pops out of stealth
    2. 0.0003 seconds later, I am stunned. Yep, I know what's coming.
    3. Crit for 10,000,000 hp
    4. Tell the sin, "gf dude. damn. lol"
    5. Release corpse

Here's how to avoid it: Make friends with high-level sins. b:thanks
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizard > Sin

Get distance
    Use most powerful spell

You win.
    Sorry but this is BS. Apparently you have no experience with high lv. assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why do OP want to beat a broken class? It's already broken, let it RIP :'( don't need to beat it anymore *cry* OP so evil
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • fulgida
    edited July 2010
    Other classes must wait at least 10s after combat has ended before using town portal, teleport stone, etc.

Personally, I have used town portal in combat. (However, I believe essential sutra only reduces channelling 95% so town portal still takes half a second to channel, and can be interrupted.)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    Personally, I have used town portal in combat. (However, I believe essential sutra only reduces channelling 95% so town portal still takes half a second to channel, and can be interrupted.)

Of course sutra doesn't remove channeling time. That was another lie from GM(or dev.) to us.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep, I believe it's 95% channeling time decrease too.
    Basically, to form a good combo, you must factor in the cast time + 0.05*channeling time.
    Preferably, when the combo is over, 6 seconds minus the time used to combo is very minimal.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yep, I believe it's 95% channeling time decrease too.
    Basically, to form a good combo, you must factor in the cast time + 0.05*channeling time.
    Preferably, when the combo is over, 6 seconds minus the time used to combo is very minimal.

It has a 0.5sec cast time, and Sutra doesn't reduce cast time to 0. It still puts the chanelling down to 0.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It has a 0.5sec cast time, and Sutra doesn't reduce cast time to 0. It still puts the chanelling down to 0.

since during u do ur sutra and fire out ur skills etc and ur pc must communicate with server too i am sure its reduce to 0 but coming a little delay factor cause before next skill 1st must ask few data from server, this is why sometimes i can fire out 5 skill but with a little lagg only 4 b:angry

more annoying when i press fast sutra+divine and suddenly the divine will eb started 1st without sutra effect and sutra start after divine chanelling with 0.01sec and if i dont stop fast the divine pyro and start again then i lose the ~whole sutra time (and with tshis the 2 spark and wait 60sec till next sutrab:cry)
  • wolfdog68
    wolfdog68 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Yeah, if they are like 20 levels higher than the 'sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ BlackCard ~
    IGN - Skye
    Class - Priest
  • fulgida
    edited July 2010

I might believe this except for several issues:

First, casting time happens after the spell effect happens. And you can only be interrupted before the effect happens. And I have been in a situation where my sutra ran out before I could town portal because i kept getting interrupted.

And if this was just a "round trip to server and back" I do not think the spell could be interrupted because before the spell goes off there would be nothing to interrupt and after the spell goes off you would not be there.

Meanwhile, sutra is significantly slower than 97% channelling (according to everyeone I have talked to that has had 97% channelling reduction).