For those on HT server

draggonhatchling
draggonhatchling Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Ok ladies and gents of HT......

First off this is not a QQ. So if ya wanna bash me or anyone else go else where to do so. I have been playin PW shortly after it has come out of beta and have had the chance to run the cube countless times and know PK is enabled there. My thing is with spawning into the PK rooms 2 main ones being the bored/jail rooms and rare occations a few others. Just today for example and yes talk about unlucky I had landed in room 11 a few times. Thing about this is everytime I spawned in I get to see my life 1/2 to 3/4 of it gonna only to see a specific faction members standing there attacting me. I wont mention them one we all know this faction and its relatively popular and second read the cube event comments they are mentioned multiple times. And yes I know PK is enabled in there so dont tell me something I know already.

My thing is there should be something done about this problem. I know I am not the only one this happens to. What I wanna know is how many others feel the same w
Post edited by draggonhatchling on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Part of the 11/32 room quests says "attempt to stay alive for 3/5 minutes" so bare with the fact you'll get pk'ed and especially now during the event more people do cube, so they're an easy target for people (like a certain faction leader/director <they switch cough> likes to do) to go in and camp kill a bit. It's not bannable, and making threads about this will just make you a bigger target o;o
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goom - Lost City
    Goom - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    QQ more.

And no thx I'll bash you in this thread :D.
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Best solution to this would be to put a time limit on how long you can be in any single cube room. Say something like 10 minutes, then you get booted back to room 1. Camping won't work so well.
  • _Nyu - Heavens Tear
    _Nyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    First off this is not a QQ.

Liar, You Are.

yoda.jpg
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, it's a QQ thread.

The PKers aren't using an exploit. If you don't like it: blame the devs. I like the freedom that the faction not mentioned allows, but at the same time wouldn't want to be drawing from their pool for squads. I remember when 11 out of 12 FF runs with them were fail, and that was at 90+.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • draggonhatchling
    edited July 2010
    Lol.....now i am not saying get rid of pk i dont mind it occationally. what i am getting at is pointing out that something needs to be done for camping "S P A W N" POINT AGAIN "S P A W N". camping the room is virtually nothing that can be done about at this point. plus after all they are pk rooms. also for the one that says that creating threads on this subject will make one more of a target may wanna read the game rules/terms. i believe there is something in there that dos say about hindering ones game play somewheres in there, but not in that specific wording. however, if it makes me more of a target in the cube ok but i still hold to something should be done about camping "S P A W N" POINTS LOL
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ... if it makes me more of a target in the cube ok but i still hold to something should be done about camping "S P A W N" POINTS LOL

I agree, and they even camp at cube entrance, we've all seen what went on last night on HT and I wonder why you won't mention those with rage in their pants, they are so stupid.

This event is for servers, not for guilds WITHIN a server. The reward will be double exp (sp & drops) for the SERVER who has the most winners. But actually, those with the distemper illness are making sure that HT will not win by preventing any player to finish cube.

This is called cheating. They are not only cheating the server, but themselves as well: that's how stupid they are.

Go figure...
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    First time I ever went to the cube to try to get to room 4 for pet training.. I didn't know wth is this cube, so I just bought side tickets went in and kept teleporting. So I asked this guy to help me and I found him killing me o__O I thought I was in PK mode and was going to go crazy lol when he pmed me and told me to keep trying from room 1 until I get to room 4. After that, I got room 4 right away xD

I wasn't mad that I got PK'ed for the first time b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goom - Lost City
    Goom - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So yeah, I hear spacing out the letters in spawn, making it all caps, and repeating it multiple times will make people take you seriously.

Kind of like this, "S P A W N POINTS".

Actually nvm it just looks really **** D:
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Actually there was a GM post addressing "camping" and such some time ago... took me a while but I finds it! b:victory

Sihndra
    Administrator

#68 12-31-2009, 12:39 AM

I think there are several situations being discussed here, so let me address each;

* Killing other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This is intended by the developers who PVP flagged the room and is not bannable.

* Extorting other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This will be left to the discretion of CS Staff pending their investigation of evidence that the victim emails in. If the aggressor is demanding an exact amount of goods in exchange for passage through game content, then that is griefing and will be punished. If the victim desperately offers some goods in exchange for safe passage and the aggressor decides to accept, then that is a trade conducted with voluntary participation on both sides, and is not bannable.

* Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, PKing for pleasure or systematized profit. This is griefing and will be punished. Refer to the PWI Terms of Service Section 11-N, "[You may not] take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

* Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, doing something else, such as catshopping Robber cards or helping people kill the Open Sesame bosses. This is fine.

* PKing in Room 1 under any circumstances. This is an exploit of a map glitch and is bannable.
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    however, if it makes me more of a target in the cube ok

since you really don't care if this make you more of an target... then post on your main. what you are doing is basically talk **** then hide behind a little girl when its time to back up your ****.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What person?

I'm serious.....Never seen ANYBODY in the 11/32 rooms and I do cube whenever I'm bored of everything else (Which is quite often)....Never seen anybody in the 11/32 rooms and I literally go AFK to pass the time and I don't die or anything :/
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    since you really don't care if this make you more of an target... then post on your main. what you are doing is basically talk **** then hide behind a little girl when its time to back up your ****.

It's CanisLupes, lv 88 barb on HT... with 1 pk kills, no wonder he's QQing. Just click on his profile and it shows his main.

b:chuckle
  • draggonhatchling
    edited July 2010
    See what some fail to realize is; did I say anything about out side of the spawn points in COF? No I did not! I could care a less about how many kills I get or how many times I die as a result of losing at PK as long as I have the chance to defend myself its all great. Like I said many times now its not the pk itself its the flipping campers of spawn points. How can one defend ones self when you spawn in and your already 1/2 to 3/4 life gone. Now how is that truly fair to spawn in not have the chance to defend your self?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    See what some fail to realize is; did I say anything about out side of the spawn points in COF? No I did not! I could care a less about how many kills I get or how many times I die as a result of losing at PK as long as I have the chance to defend myself its all great. Like I said many times now its not the pk itself its the flipping campers of spawn points. How can one defend ones self when you spawn in and your already 1/2 to 3/4 life gone. Now how is that truly fair to spawn in not have the chance to defend your self?

Hate to say it, but the guy has a point.

I've played other games, where when you zone in, you're given a 30 second invincible buff, which ends prematurely the second you move or hit any action. The main purpose is to prevent anything (whether PKers or mobs) from attacking you while you're still in load up screen. And it is exploiting that fact to kill them when they're loading at the spawn point.
  • draggonhatchling
    edited July 2010

You see the small problem to what you say is that the truth comes out that there are those that camp spawn points and only those with the balls to stand up see this problem. Instead of tucking them between the legs and go hey I can get easy kills with out having to work for it.......You see If I were to hide behind a little girl that would be the day I would have to disappear LOL. I just stated the truth to this little problem HT has. The Pk in general is great though gives ya things to do on PVE server......
    edited July 2010
    Ok, Seriously......At least post a damn SS of this happening :/

Cause out of the hundreds of Cube runs i've done, even late at night or early in the damn morning. I HAVE NEVER MET ANOTHER SOUL IN EITHER OF THE "Wait X amount of time" Rooms!!!!

So, please, give evidence of this happening, or at least a better time frame that it occurs.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just because you've never seen anyone else in a PK room doesn't mean it never happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok, Seriously......At least post a damn SS of this happening :/

Cause out of the hundreds of Cube runs i've done, even late at night or early in the damn morning. I HAVE NEVER MET ANOTHER SOUL IN EITHER OF THE "Wait X amount of time" Rooms!!!!

So, please, give evidence of this happening, or at least a better time frame that it occurs.

i often see people in jail rooms
    it does happen and did happen a bit at various time during this cube event, mostly jail rooms and in 48, much less then previous times though
    edited July 2010
    Rawrgh: I've gone afk for over 5 hrs in PK mode in room 11 and room 32 because of that "wait X minutes" thing and I had other stuff to do.

Never. Died. Once.

So, unless people are just skipping the room or nobody has the guts to PK an Afk BM, There isn't a real soul in those rooms.

Only people I ever see in cube rooms are room 4, and thats usually veno's training their ground pets.
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    At LifeHunting :Lol wut?

Do you do cube right after maint is over or something?

If u have never seen a member from " the cannot be named faction" there, you may be talking about the wrong rooms lol.

For gods sake atleast 2 times a day some of them are there lol.

Anyways *goes back to hiding*

/Gaara_Chuko
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Guess i'm lucky?

Idk.....I've done cube from 12AM Est time, to 12 AM est time the next day. Any time inbetween those hours i've done at least 1 cube on some day.

Never really seen another soul in any PK enabled rooms :/
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I wish i had you're luck. I got bad memories in there...

<.<
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • Nyrlathotep - Heavens Tear
    Nyrlathotep - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No srysly, its a cool story tho.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Rawrgh: I've gone afk for over 5 hrs in PK mode in room 11 and room 32 because of that "wait X minutes" thing and I had other stuff to do.

Never. Died. Once.

So, unless people are just skipping the room or nobody has the guts to PK an Afk BM, There isn't a real soul in those rooms.

Only people I ever see in cube rooms are room 4, and thats usually veno's training their ground pets.
    Well to be fair, no one's ever attacked me.

But I've killed other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited July 2010
    Rawrgh: Glad you have, to see somebody besides a veno in the cube it's like looking for the tinies needle in the world in the largest possible haystack in the world.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Guess i'm lucky?

Idk.....I've done cube from 12AM Est time, to 12 AM est time the next day. Any time inbetween those hours i've done at least 1 cube on some day.

Never really seen another soul in any PK enabled rooms :/

PM me when u next cube b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited July 2010
    MsEvilness: Sure, i'm usually bored as hell. So i'll have fun playing around with a lvl 101 cleric :)
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    MsEvilness: Sure, i'm usually bored as hell. So i'll have fun playing around with a lvl 101 cleric :)

Trust me it's gonna be a "wham" and not even the "bam" "ty ma'am" you try and take her on in cubeb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    hey.....At least it ain't gonna be some random stealth loser sin who can't PK cause he lost triple spark in stealth :/