For those on HT server

2»

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ya know, in all honesty - I don't mind the PK rooms. However, when people sit and wait/camp at the "Spawn" points for new victims, this is what gets me mad. Basically, from room to room - getting into the next room is based upon processing speed of your computer. Of course, there is a limit on how fast you will teleport/enter the next room, however your computer must first "load" the next room for you. During that "loading" process, your character is already technically in the next room.

Basically, if they camp the spawn point, and I die - the Support team of PWI can expect a ticket. If I kill the person, I'm still sending a ticket for camping and grieving as previously stated in this thread is against the rules. PK isn't against the rules in these rooms - camping at the spawn point to kill people as soon as they enter is.

Is what I just wrote a bunch of QQ? If you think so, please refer to http://www.urbandictionary.com and type in "QQ". Thanks for your time in reading this folks b:thanksb:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just wanted to bump this as it, I think, puts an interesting twist on things given all the QQ about camping certain rooms:

Actually there was a GM post addressing "camping" and such some time ago... took me a while but I finds it! b:victory

Sihndra
    Administrator

#68 12-31-2009, 12:39 AM

I think there are several situations being discussed here, so let me address each;

* Killing other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This is intended by the developers who PVP flagged the room and is not bannable.

* Extorting other people during the few minutes you're stuck in the room waiting for the timer. This will be left to the discretion of CS Staff pending their investigation of evidence that the victim emails in. If the aggressor is demanding an exact amount of goods in exchange for passage through game content, then that is griefing and will be punished. If the victim desperately offers some goods in exchange for safe passage and the aggressor decides to accept, then that is a trade conducted with voluntary participation on both sides, and is not bannable.

* Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, PKing for pleasure or systematized profit. This is griefing and will be punished. Refer to the PWI Terms of Service Section 11-N, "[You may not] take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

* Camping in a COF Room for an indefinite time, doing something else, such as catshopping Robber cards or helping people kill the Open Sesame bosses. This is fine.

* PKing in Room 1 under any circumstances. This is an exploit of a map glitch and is bannable.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The most entertaining part of this is, this almost never happens on a PvP server. lol People aren't so desperate to PvP that they don't camp spawn points in the bored rooms, and almost never at cube entranceb:pleased.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The most entertaining part of this is, this almost never happens on a PvP server. lol People aren't so desperate to PvP that they don't camp spawn points in the bored rooms, and almost never at cube entrance b:pleased.

I would imagine those who did would be hunted by the whole server afterwards for doing it too.

personally the time I went through bored and MsE was there she did wait til i was loaded before attacking. However it didnt matter much, since my reflexes are not fast enough and gear not as good as hers. I went through the same room again and she didnt kill me the second time, we actually chit chatted while waiting on my timer. *shrugs* sucks to restart but i see it as just another part of the cube
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would imagine those who did would be hunted by the whole server afterwards for doing it too.

Well people have camped the different PK rooms, but most of them don't kill you right when you're porting in. I usually get 1 or 2 KOS every time I go on, just on normal runs, but it's a PvP server, so not much QQ.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.