Which Bosses Can a Lvl 67 Veno w Herc Solo?

Options
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
I was wondering if anyone with Herc/Nix experience could point out which quest bosses in the 40s to 60s range can be soloed by a Lvl 67 Arcane Veno(w charms) w Lvl 67 Herc (and Nix). The ones I hear about most are Kimsa, Krimson (tough I know), Slither, Slitt, Kong, Krixx ...

My main reason for asking this is actually to help lower level faction members and other players when a high level Barb and/or Cleric isn't available, which is quite often. I figure if I can solo it, then any squad member I bring along is fairly safe if they keep their distance.

I have considered trying the various bosses out myself as a test, but before I burn a bunch of GAs any help would be appreciated.

PS:I don't use a Genie but would consider getting one with skills that could help. Is there a Genie skill that "purifies"?
Post edited by Viper_girl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Pretty sure you could do all of them except Krimson. Kong and Jewel may give you problems as well, if you get unlucky and they hit your pet with a critical after the pet gets debuffed.

You can even do Manta with your herc :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Non TT/fb bosses: all bosses except: kong, jewel, krimson, manta, DoD.
    Not sure if you can do silver frost, but I soloed him at lvl 70. Kong can also be done at level 73+ to be safe.

TT. bosses: 1-1 solo and squad (need BB for aoe). 1-2 solo and squad (need good gear to survive soulripper?'s aoe. Not sure about 1-3. You can do 2-1 solo, and some bosses in 2-1 squad, but not wurlord. Not sure about the rest of the TTs.

Fb bosses: fb19-59. First boss in fb69, second two bosses in fb69 are impossible for venos to tank. Fb79 at level 73+ to be safe.

This is from my recollection and experience as a full magic veno. It may depend on your gear and weapon. Some bosses may need higher amount of hp/p.def such as soulripper's AOE. Higher magic attack will also help for higher healing heal. Hope this helps.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Non TT/fb bosses: all bosses except: kong, jewel, krimson, manta, DoD.
    Not sure if you can do silver frost, but I soloed him at lvl 70. Kong can also be done at level 73+ to be safe.

TT. bosses: 1-1 solo and squad (need BB for aoe). 1-2 solo and squad (need good gear to survive soulripper?'s aoe. Not sure about 1-3. You can do 2-1 solo, and some bosses in 2-1 squad, but not wurlord. Not sure about the rest of the TTs.

Fb bosses: fb19-59. First boss in fb69, second two bosses in fb69 are impossible for venos to tank. Fb79 at level 73+ to be safe.

This is from my recollection and experience as a full magic veno. It may depend on your gear and weapon. Some bosses may need higher amount of hp/p.def such as soulripper's AOE. Higher magic attack will also help for higher healing heal. Hope this helps.

You can do Manta with a Herc... I have seen it done... and DoD with a Phoenix... Fly fishing :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Manta with a Herc, and Dod with Nix ... that sounds like an interesting challenge to try out!
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    damn, didnt notice she/he had a nix too. I never tried doing manta with a herc myself, heard its possible. But, id rather save a GA and 2.5% from trying.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It is actualy quite funny when you see it happen
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ok, so I just tailed DOD for about 5 mins skimming the water and trying to cast Venomous and Pet attack. Did not work b:sad. Any ideas on how to bring him up?

I know I *could* jump into the water aggro him then jump onto my manta re-summon and buff Nix, but I was hoping there was an easier less dangerous way.

Any ideas?
  • Vellamo - Heavens Tear
    Vellamo - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You can solo DoD with herc. Just gotta lure him to the island first (using any swimming pet). I've done it quite successfully several times... however I am HA so not sure how well other armors can handle his aoe or his initial hits well you pull out herc. Keep other players back as his aoe can kill quite ezly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wu - Raging Tide
    Wu - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, At 67 Herc will be killed by Kong in 2-3 hits i was 75 when i tried it, had the buff's and he still hit 1.4k then 1.4k again and down went herc. Jewel is a pain, because hes Aero. Simple. , and whoever has quoted the idea about Dragging DoD to the island, it can be done just gotta hope for your life you dont lagg, but yeah otherwise most bosses you listed wouldnt be a problem.

FB69 Bosses indeed the guy was correct, its physically impossible for a veno to tank Pole/Nob, due to AoE and power of hits. so let the "Super-Barbs" Deal with those.
  • KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear
    KyyranthoX - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Florafang.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What about the dreaded Kun Kun?
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Depends on which bosses you're talking about. And yes, with a herc, you are given more possibilities than a 67 veno without a herc. But remember, that the pet is only as good as the veno.

And maybe a 2 week necro?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FB69 bosses can be tanked by a herc only wont be able to do polearm but guarnob on other hand can be tanked by herc i know as i have done it myself
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sadly, the dreaded Necro boss cannot be tanked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what lvl could a veno with herc tank wurlord in 2-1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what lvl could a veno with herc tank wurlord in 2-1?

i believe a veno can never tank tht boss
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited July 2010
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    i believe a veno can never tank tht boss

Wurlord's magic is killer, let's just say that. It's trouble pulling him too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what about the cosmoforce ape dude in 2-1? i believe he doesnt buff himself in that one ... or also what about him in 2-2 or 2-3? is it possible for a herc to do him when he does buff himself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    can anyone answer this pls? :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xetheras - Harshlands
    Xetheras - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Silver Frost can be tanked with a herc. I was 73 at the time while my herc was 72. I don't know if a low level (Like the 67 herc and then again, I don't exactly remember when you get the quest that will eventually tell you to kill Silver Frost). Well, at time, I was in a party with those who also needed it, and agro was eventually taken away by the higher level class. Until then though, the Herc was doing fine on its own.

Someone made mention that fb 79 bosses could be tanked at 73? Or at least the herc being 73. Does that include one or all? Reason I ask is that I need Linus for The Last Hope quest. I rather have done the research rather than to run in not knowing, you know?
    edited July 2010
    Options
    what about the cosmoforce ape dude in 2-1? i believe he doesnt buff himself in that one ... or also what about him in 2-2 or 2-3? is it possible for a herc to do him when he does buff himself?

2-1 easy to tank, but i would suggest 73+

2-2 and 2-3 I would say no. His buffs are extremely dangerous and one veno purging might be risky

And to answer the question above, not sure about 73, but I know for sure at 80, a veno with herc can solo 79 easy.

1 week necro btw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like the idea of Manta with Herc and DoD with Phoenix.

I know a lv100 w/Herc who kills Wurlord in 2-2. It take some channeling gear, and red bubble helps, but it doesn't work every time.

On my advice she killed Jewel by leading him down and over a ridge where the Herc killed it. This should work by about 80 in fox form.

She used to wear HA and tanked Gaurnob w/o Herc, just fox form in melee.

She has killed Cosmo in 2-2 (and maybe 2-3) if another veno is available to Purge his buffs. I don't know all the details, but I've seen it once.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nice necro...
    I know a lv100 w/Herc who kills Wurlord in 2-2. It take some channeling gear, and red bubble helps, but it doesn't work every time.

[snip]

She has killed Cosmo in 2-2 (and maybe 2-3) if another veno is available to Purge his buffs. I don't know all the details, but I've seen it once.

All of 2-2 can be duo'd with a veno and a cleric.

For herc tanking wurlod, definitely pull with something other than the herc. I find that tame/earthflame works best, since you can have him out and ready, but I know a couple people who pull with a different pet and then stow/summon. Good -channel is a must and rb always helps. Genie debuffs and interrupts help a lot here as well. If I remember correctly, I started consistently solo'ing this one around 95, although probably could have done it sooner if I had my act a bit more together.

If you've got very high m.def, and a strong BB to back you up, it's sometimes easier to tank him yourself and just use a DD pet. Although this is also fairly risky.

When fighting Cosmo with a single veno, you have to be able to heal your herc while the ape has his buffs active as it's impossible to keep him purged 100% of the time, even with demon purge. I don't remember the point where 2-2 switched from being able to 1-shot a herc but I believe 2-3 ape could still 1-shot him at around 93. Again, lots of channel, rb, genie debuff skills, etc. help a lot. If you're still having trouble keeping up with the heals, grab a sin for rib strike.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes, I did 79 before I was 80. 73 for the heal should be late enough. None of the bosses in there hit particularly hard, or particularly quickly, or have an aoe.