It's Cloud Eruption time again...

13»

Comments

• Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you're going to switch, do it now while you still have a reasonable spirit/cash window open. b:pleased

I don't think you'll regret it.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you're going to switch, do it now while you still have a reasonable spirit/cash window open. b:pleased

I don't think you'll regret it.

I can't switch until I'm 100 lol
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oh bummer... Might as well ride it out demon then bro :P

But if it was me and I went demon (having played sage), from lvl89 onward I'd hyper as much as I could to 100 then switch to sage.b:laugh
    The doctor will see you now.
  • _LiVe_eViL_ - Sanctuary
    _LiVe_eViL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's ok, I enjoy reading Adroit roflpwn people with logic and experience.

BTW, as long as there's sage wizzies reading...

I have my first 3 demon skills and I'm level 92. I'm starting to look at swapping to sage now that I'm actually looking at joining a TW guild; are the benefits worth the cost of switching or should I just stay demon?

Whoever says sage wiz is like ooozing out chi is bs. It's a nice 50 chi every minute and chi every 1 or so outta 5 for pyro which will or wont happen.

Yep its ok but this guy even though he's on Sanctuary is bs making my server look bad. I'm just the sooner or later demon verson of my sage wiz to know whats so great about demon.

However, Sanctuary is a carebear server no mater w/e anyone says because everyone loves ground pvp and never really experienced real PVP since they don't know about PVP outside secret passage, orchid, silver pool, dragon temple, real group pvp at least 40+ vs 40+ in real pk, and west gate. Heck they can spend 1 month + in PK mode and never have to watch their backs. You'd be glad if any real PK ever happened like on PVP server. That doesn't mean that a select few cant whoop those on a PVP server since PVP has it's share of idiots.

The Sanctuary BM posting earilier is dead wrong since I have 7.2k pdef self buffed and 12k + fully buffed and 6.1k hp alone and 8k+ hp with sage/demon barb buff but I still get wtf pawned by 4 or better/hits per second and 5 it doesn't even show up on the damage log. Even with 6k hp with the blessings I can get two shot by a +6 weapon bm (heck even a heaven fire + bramble rage) and 1 can be one shot by a barb.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    However, Sanctuary is a carebear server no mater w/e anyone says because everyone loves ground pvp and never really experienced real PVP since they don't know about PVP outside secret passage, orchid, silver pool, dragon temple, real group pvp at least 40+ vs 40+ in real pk, and west gate.

Please do not make up imaginary facts about other people.

Personally, I have a high level on one of the pvp servers (and yesterday my pvp character died four or five times and landed maybe 8 pvp kills and earned maybe 4 million in pve drops plus 10 heavy packs), and I have a permanently blue named character on sanctuary that has like 4 times the pvp kills of my pvp character. And I have a friend on sanctuary that only plays on PvE, and dislikes PvP and only plays a blue named character and still gets ganked sometimes (and usually wins, and then has nervous fits afterwards).

Edit: but your point about chi was mostly accurate. Still, sages do build chi a bit faster than demons.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    about 200-300 mill less since we're talking gear and lvl 10 skills

TOP is definitly the high end heal on a similarly gear toon 2nd wind or wind sheild should be enough to survive also i dont beleive fortify would stop ocoult ice since its not technicly a stun

saying you can kill or charm bypass them and the chance is low but you could one shot our little bm whould just take a lot of luck whereas the bm cannot one shot you and would need considerable luck to charm bypass leaving the only real killing option DPS

our only real class "def" skill against wizzies is maq marrow or sutra (really ineffective and costs a spark) everything else comes from geni

at Shadowvzs...yes if the bm empys the geni dumps almost all his chi and generaly goes all out while the wizzie has no antistuns or big heals the wizzie will die

and no your not going to hit 10k hp with only +7 armor unless you shard it with vit stones or gimp your dps by having a ton of vit as base

ok, let's say you're right.
    Invest 2 bilions, by your calculation in both wizard and BM. 5aps BM and a +10 rank8 wizard.
    Now, you get as starters 2 awesome chars, one melee, one magic, and for your sake, they both balanced.

Now let's move forward a bit: Wizard can't farm anything on his own, but BM can start slowly with a 3-2, then 3-3. Anyway, I spoke with a lot of decently refined (6-7) 5aps, and during the 2x event these guys farm around 200 mil coins. at 500k/gold this is about 400 gold. when a +10 orb is 75gold, u do the math who's going to have in a 3-4 moth span(with at least 3 2x events) the upper hand. Wizard can't produce that amount of cash, so unless he's a cash shopper, there is no competition. In PvE BM permasparked is incredibly OP and that makes him a better cash machine than a veno. Same case with Archer and Sin. PvE is what's used to finance your char with refines, shards, Nirvana gear, etc, and that's where the balance is broken. It's not necessarily broken in PvP directly, it's broken to the place that backs up the PvP.
    If you fail to understand or accept that then you're either stupid or in denial. I really hope is the second.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Invest 2 bilions, by your calculation in both wizard and BM. 5aps BM and a +10 rank8 wizard.
    Now, you get as starters 2 awesome chars, one melee, one magic, and for your sake, they both balanced.

Now let's move forward a bit: Wizard can't farm anything on his own, but BM can start slowly with a 3-2, then 3-3. Anyway, I spoke with a lot of decently refined (6-7) 5aps, and during the 2x event these guys farm around 200 mil coins. at 500k/gold this is about 400 gold. when a +10 orb is 75gold, u do the math who's going to have in a 3-4 moth span(with at least 3 2x events) the upper hand. Wizard can't produce that amount of cash, so unless he's a cash shopper, there is no competition. In PvE BM permasparked is incredibly OP and that makes him a better cash machine than a veno. Same case with Archer and Sin. PvE is what's used to finance your char with refines, shards, Nirvana gear, etc, and that's where the balance is broken. It's not necessarily broken in PvP directly, it's broken to the place that backs up the PvP.
    If you fail to understand or accept that then you're either stupid or in denial. I really hope is the second.

+1, thats the point what i tryed say too with **** eng.

still with 2,5 aps have more profit this is fact and more and more speed give more advatge till perma spar what is uber.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010

at 2 bill the wizzie and bm can both have +12 weapons +7-8 armor refines and 35-40 def levels (the 4 sockets on rank 8 top and legs actually make it easier for the wizzie to hit higher def sharding) so not much left to farm really and already discussed lower refine rates

and yes archers bm's and sins out dps wizzies even at low (archers) to -.01 interval (bm's and sins) as do venos (pets and debuffs) your playing the wrong class for pve farming unless the devs gimp 4/8 classes in the game so by your logic every class thats either neded to tank (barbs bm's venos) dd (classes stated above) or heal (clerics) is better in pvp than wizzies

and as shown in pervious posts even at high aps the bm barely out DD's the wizzies hp and charm at low refiine and shard grades at truely high refines and sharding levels the wizzies def scales faster than thre bm's DD meaning the bm would need to 2-3 spark to kill
    even with +12 claws

my point being there is no way to balance pve without ruining pvp at endgame. endgame being +10-12 everythign with gemed def/attack stoned or vit stoned gear no hitting lvl 100 in a gear based game does not automaticly put a toon at endgame

and i noted in earlier posts the exact DPS self healing and hp of a +5 refined 5 aps bm and yes it is rediculous in pve never denied that just pointed out the cost of soloing higher instances and the limitations of the "average" refined and sharded toon
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    at 2 bill the wizzie and bm can both have +12 weapons +7-8 armor refines and 35-40 def levels (the 4 sockets on rank 8 top and legs actually make it easier for the wizzie to hit higher def sharding) so not much left to farm really and already discussed lower refine rates

today i was in bh99 with a friend and all eq just 3sock (not 10vit stones just 62 hp stones), got only 5 base vit and +8 armor = 12500 hp :P but try calculate what happen with vit stone and that also give pdef/mdef and with both holy sutras+full buffs both is above than 10k++ and can use zerk axe and fist too and zerk axe dont need +12 for heart damn nice, in pk u dont must use pve gear and u really good in pvp too then and during fight u can change allways fast the weapons:P.

lets say somebody get 35-40def lv than bm with 35-40 def lv and 70%+ absorb after udine is weak?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010

and yes archers bm's and sins out dps wizzies even at low (archers) to -.01 interval (bm's and sins) as do venos (pets and debuffs) your playing the wrong class for pve farming unless the devs gimp 4/8 classes in the game so by your logic every class thats either neded to tank (barbs bm's venos) dd (classes stated above) or heal (clerics) is better in pvp than wizzies

and as shown in pervious posts even at high aps the bm barely out DD's the wizzies hp and charm at low refiine and shard grades at truely high refines and sharding levels the wizzies def scales faster than thre bm's DD meaning the bm would need to 2-3 spark to kill
    even with +12 claws

my point being there is no way to balance pve without ruining pvp at endgame. endgame being +10-12 everythign with gemed def/attack stoned or vit stoned gear no hitting lvl 100 in a gear based game does not automaticly put a toon at endgame

and i noted in earlier posts the exact DPS self healing and hp of a +5 refined 5 aps bm and yes it is rediculous in pve never denied that just pointed out the cost of soloing higher instances and the limitations of the "average" refined and sharded toon

I wasn't going to post again.. but this just made me laugh. You can't put 2def level shards in rank8 gear.

edit: guess I should also mention that the only thing you've proven is that you're an idiot. A fist BM has no trouble whatsoever killing a wizard at "low refines" of +5-+7 (I really can't say at +10/+12.. I haven't really seen many mages with these refines fighting fist bms). When a BM can occult a mage from 10m away.. run up and finish off the mage before the occult is ended.. it is not "barely out DD'ing the mage's hp and charm at low refines".
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]