So mmm about those 30 attack blessing

Options
Shazaaam - Lost City
Shazaaam - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Theres people who stack on them like loads so they will have a infinite supply of them even after they get removed.

Is that bannable? O.o or once jolly event runs out they will be removed totally even from postboxes?
Post edited by Shazaaam - Lost City on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Its not bannable......no GM comfirmation on it, and even so, its too late. Soooooo many ppl have abused Facebook and stack these blessings on alts, since they are transferable after activation.

No end-date to the JoJ Blessings too.

Ummm....so yea if they don't do anything, then yes, ppl will have this blessings for a very, very, very, very long time.

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle what s wrong with blessings? so i can kill those barb easily :P muhahahaha

POKE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    everyone doing 30% extra damage is fun til someone else pew pew u with it b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yea, with it, in TW, its who ever gets the first strike wins at this point.

and poor cata barbs....b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Krue/ - Lost City19
    Krue/ - Lost City19 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

and poor cata barbs....b:cry

Everyone knows your are the worst cata barb b:dirty
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just tried it on my veno. Yea, so apparently, you just keep connecting via facebook and you get countless jone's blessings? That's ridiculous...

Wonder when this event, if it even is an event, going to end and how long will it take for GMs to take initiative on this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle what s wrong with blessings? so i can kill those barb easily :P muhahahaha

POKE
    Yep, although it works both ways

arma + 30 attack levels b:dirty I hit 16k non crit earlier and my gear is terribad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands
    ELQuAdRoo - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Theres people who stack on them like loads so they will have a infinite supply of them even after they get removed.

Is that bannable? O.o or once jolly event runs out they will be removed totally even from postboxes?

aw-hell-naw.jpg
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • imluke
    imluke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Im decently sure they can make it so they do nothing, if they ever wanted to take them out.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    imluke wrote: »
    Im decently sure they can make it so they do nothing, if they ever wanted to take them out.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    since its a GM made promotion event, they can easily take them out just as they put them in, they can simply just make backup of the files for the blessing and delete them out of the current DB which will pretty much make every existing jones blessing dissapear.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well, they can do anything, delete the whole server if they want

personally I feel that I would be deceived.
    I gave 'free' advertisments in my profile for the reward.
    No matter how imbalanced the game should become, the blessboxes are 'bought'
    of course no 'real' money were spent like the horns but I think that even if they no longer give blessboxes the current ones will stay, just like the horns
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just tried it on my veno. Yea, so apparently, you just keep connecting via facebook and you get countless jone's blessings? That's ridiculous...

How does one "connect via facebook"? I always thought facebook is some sort of chat site, not a gaming frontend...
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Funny that. The first company I worked at after grad school made networking software for Department of Defense simulators. Shortly before I joined them, they decided to make a tank sim game. Since their background was on DoD projects, they made the tank sim as realistic as possible.

The game got to the play-testing stage, and the testers hated it. It was too realistic. You'd be driving around in your tank, and BOOM you were dead. No idea what hit you or where it came from, no chance to react or fight back. The negative feedback was so universal they were forced to redesign the damage model of the game. No more one-shot kills. You had to be hit 2-5 times before you were dead, and each hit degraded the effectiveness of your tank.

Funny that PWE has chosen to go the opposite way.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

It's not exactly like that. With well refined and sharded gear you'll not get one shot and that event will kinda push ppl to buy orbs, better shards and get better gear what means more CS sales. Theyre not dumb.
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ANybody care to share HOW in the world you get these blessing your talking about?? b:angry
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »
    ANybody care to share HOW in the world you get these blessing your talking about?? b:angry

0. Install and run Firefox. (Internet Explorer seems to have promblems.)

1. Sign up for facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/ ) and login to facebook,
    2. Go here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook
    3. Click login in the light blue box.
    4. Approve you want the connection made.
    5. Login to PWI (You will get a mail in the mailbox)
    6. Take jones' blessing from mail.
    7. Equip.

Once you take it from the mailbox, it only lasts 7 days. People stack them in the mailbox so that when their current one ends, they just take the next, and so forth.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i've been missing this blessing all This time OMG!.. I would have like atk lvl 52 with this damn blessing OMG and it last for freaking 7 days :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Im so getting oneb:cryb:dirtyb:kiss
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thisdesnt seem related to jolly jones event. From what i understood, they're keeping this blessing/facebook system for a long time, despite of jolly event ending. This blessnig means alot of things:

A - More charm **** in TW = More cash
    B - Free advertisement on facebook.

Honestly, i like this blessing alot more than the 10 atk 10 deffrom instances.Really annoying havin to load it all the time.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    would be nice if a GM could give us a official reply >.< some ppl has more than 2 years worth of blessing now
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    would be nice if a GM could give us a official reply >.< some ppl has more than 2 years worth of blessing now

Yeah, seriously.

Maybe GMs will make a new patch that causes unread mail to be tossed if not opened after 7 days?
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The Jones' Blessing item will last for 7 days, but you can do this as many times as you like. So when the item timer runs out or if you just want it for another character, simply connect your account with Facebook again.

I don't think they'll do anything about it. I don't really understand the problem either, can you not do the same thing and get multiple blessings? It's not a glitch that's limited to only some people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    perma 30 atk bless = breaks nien event - breaks pvp even 8x ppl does decent dmg - breaks cube (on room 14 n 34 the one whos waiting gets first hit n that 30% extra dmg helps lotz)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm going to see charms go up in price >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Funny that. The first company I worked at after grad school made networking software for Department of Defense simulators. Shortly before I joined them, they decided to make a tank sim game. Since their background was on DoD projects, they made the tank sim as realistic as possible.

The game got to the play-testing stage, and the testers hated it. It was too realistic. You'd be driving around in your tank, and BOOM you were dead. No idea what hit you or where it came from, no chance to react or fight back. The negative feedback was so universal they were forced to redesign the damage model of the game. No more one-shot kills. You had to be hit 2-5 times before you were dead, and each hit degraded the effectiveness of your tank.

Bit of a late post, but I can't help but feel you've posted this somewhere before...

Also, I hate Facebook. PWI needs to stop doing these Facebook promotions.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Everyone should send suggestions to GMS to not put those bleesings ever again in the game. We alrady got too many +12 weapons and whith those blessing they get ridicolous.

The suggestion may not do anything knowing how hard GMs work to satisfy their costumers, but at least it will be tried.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think it'll be easier to add the "unable to put into account stash" restriction to the blessings rather to do a global purge on all servers.

People will still able to stack a certain amount of bleesings on their chars, but they won't be able to hog them on multiple alts waiting to transfer them onto his main.

Jone's blessing is older than the account stash and is not commonly given, so is at least understandable they missed that part when planning the event, and I hope they'll fix it soon enough.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think it'll be easier to add the "unable to put into account stash" restriction to the blessings rather to do a global purge on all servers.

People will still able to stack a certain amount of bleesings on their chars, but they won't be able to hog them on multiple alts waiting to transfer them onto his main.

Jone's blessing is older than the account stash and is not commonly given, so is at least understandable they missed that part when planning the event, and I hope they'll fix it soon enough.

System mails are infinite. People can easily divert their main's mail to their alt and send all the blessings to themselves.
  • SkyAlpha - Lost City
    SkyAlpha - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I am pretty sure after this event, the GMs will remove all the blessings from the game, they cant leave those blessings out like this, although some of us want them (like me), or else the game will be very unbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.