So mmm about those 30 attack blessing

2»

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Last time the +30 attack level blessings were here, some people managed to pick up one for an extra week by grabbing it early enough. Those blessings ere not removed. What makes anyone here really think that anything will be done about these if/when they decide to stop handing out those blessings?
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am pretty sure after this event, the GMs will remove all the blessings from the game, they cant leave those blessings out like this, although some of us want them (like me), or else the game will be very unbalanced.
    Doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • SkyAlpha - Lost City
    SkyAlpha - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok then, i guess u guys have been stacking up too? by the end of this event, we will have unlimited supplies of these blessings for the next few years haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok then, i guess u guys have been stacking up too? by the end of this event, we will have unlimited supplies of these blessings for the next few years haha
    088.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't really understand the problem either, can you not do the same thing and get multiple blessings?

You can, and that's a valid point. The main issue I've seen people point out with these blessings is that since they're attack only (no +30 defense level), they're a bit biased toward glass cannon classes like archers and wizards. With those classes, you're turning 3-shots into 2-shots or 2-shots into 1-shots. With the blessing on a barbarian, you're turning 10-shots into 8-shots (perhaps I exaggerate, but you see the point), which isn't as hard to deal with.
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    Shazaaam - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    You can, and that's a valid point. The main issue I've seen people point out with these blessings is that since they're attack only (no +30 defense level), they're a bit biased toward glass cannon classes like archers and wizards. With those classes, you're turning 3-shots into 2-shots or 2-shots into 1-shots. With the blessing on a barbarian, you're turning 10-shots into 8-shots (perhaps I exaggerate, but you see the point), which isn't as hard to deal with.

^ 10 char

btw:

nuff said everyone should be rolling barbs to avoid being 1 shoted til these blessings goes off D: /sarcasm
  • DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide
    DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lemmi get that - +30 atk lvl that goes on and on and on.. and this is GM driven event!A blessing that stacks with any other attack bonus...
    I admit i had a bit higher opinion of GMs,now i give up on both dev team and support team.
    The last patches prevented players from farming both dq items and instances,lowering the coin flow ingame .How about now with this blessing?Its not just pvp which is obviously ***** up.
    I'm really curious what you were thinking of??
    The game isnt' balanced at all, fishes and alike and yet you push this imbalance even further.
    What you care more the game or your facebook clicks?Nice advertising...
    So disappointing...
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The game isnt' balanced at all

At least now I have more of a chance to kill claw/fist users in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited June 2010
    Ermh no, you have less chance if at all.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ermh no, you have less chance if at all.

At this point, its either....you 1 shot a person...or they 1 shot you, if you get what I mean. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The last patches prevented players from farming both dq items and instances,lowering the coin flow ingame .How about now with this blessing?.

with this blessing you grind faster and therefore you make as much money as before the dq price reduction

assuming that you killed x mobs/h, and got y drops that worth z
    now you can kill x+30%x mobs/h and get y+30%y that worth (z+30%z)80% = 104%z

well, the speed of the DD classes maybe does not get such a speed boost (it's hard to drop from 3hit to 2hit) but barbs,sins,bms, even venos surely benefit from that.
    as you said DD get a pvp benefit and in some cases a pve benefit too (that stupid mobs that are left with 1k health Q.Q xD)
    edited June 2010
    All is clear now, thank you.
    The blessing is a compensation for lowered dq prices, i see, i see.
    Btw how often and how long you grind at that level?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    All is clear now, thank you.
    The blessing is a compensation for lowered dq prices, i see, i see.
    Btw how often and how long you grind at that level?

they can be viewed as a compensation, no idea if they are one.
    after all tthey are not free, you offer advertisement

well, I do some one man army quests from time to time + my regular quests.. I dont really have a schedule, but I guess that 2h per week could be close.
    in fact it's more like 8h in a day per month xD

well, the blessings speed up every other process too so it's not just the grinding/dq
    of course, I'm not pretending that everything is just like before in the pvp, ppl need to adjust. but I dont think i'm qualified to talk about pvp
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    volst wrote: »
    System mails are infinite. People can easily divert their main's mail to their alt and send all the blessings to themselves.

The mail doesn't have a forward option, so you can't resend a mail with an attached item. The only way to possible do it is to retrieve the blessing from the mail, make a new message to the alt you want to have it, and attach the blessing to it. But you can't do that because the 'unable to trade' restriction's the blessing has makes unable to attach it to a message after it has been activated.

The only viable option we know so far is to use account stash. And I don't know if it has been confirmed that can be done. If it can be done, adding the 'Unable to put into account stash' will fix that.

You can still overload your main's mailbox with it beyond mail limit. But all TW factions gives TW pay by mail. If you want you money you need at least a free spot, menaing you can't stuff you mailbos beyond limit, or find another way to get paid, such telling you fac leader to send it to an alt, or trading directly wit him (if you can catch it free, that is b:chuckle )
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The only viable option we know so far is to use account stash. And I don't know if it has been confirmed that can be done. If it can be done, adding the 'Unable to put into account stash' will fix that.

It has been confirmed. It can be done.
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The Jones' Blessing item will last for 7 days, but you can do this as many times as you like. So when the item timer runs out or if you just want it for another character, simply connect your account with Facebook again.

I don't think they'll do anything about it. I don't really understand the problem either, can you not do the same thing and get multiple blessings? It's not a glitch that's limited to only some people.

^That

Btw, I didn't know that you coul stack them. or at least, didn't tryed to do it. I don't go for PvP, but t's great to go grind with a Cleric.
    [insert sig here]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I dont mind it. finally a way to kill heavy cashoppers.
    sure they get more dmg too. but they alrdy 1 shot without bless, so no difference LOL.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited June 2010
    You do realize that because of its 7 days duration these blessings will be here for 6 months or maybe more?Do u realize what kind of pvp/tw it will be?This badly shaped idea changes entire game mechanics.They cant take them out,thats for sure.This will be all about who oneshots who first, no skill,nothing, just hit our hardest and thats all.
    I expect def stones sale to take place soon,keep your wallet in reach.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You do realize that because of its 7 days duration these blessings will be here for 6 months or maybe more?.

i already have for a half year atm b:laugh
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't you know that when you are on facebook, you are UBERCOOL.
    PWI will reward you for being ubercool and give you blessings and blessings and bless you some more, just for being on facebook.
    We need more facebook people. Everyone should be on facebook. Facebook is the bomb. You can show how cool you are on facebook, where everyone is cool and make more friends to play this really cool game called PWI. You can discuss PWI on facebook and make PWI friends on facebook. Being on facebook will make you cool and strong and invulnerable to everything, at least if PWI can help it because PWI adores facebook people.

b:dirty To all you facebook people, PWI loves you. b:dirty

Seriously,... WTH.
    Events are nice, but... lets get back to gaming please...
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    facebook

*throws book at your face* b:pleased
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Guys, please use the original thread for discussion about this feature:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=761102

Thanks!