Are Venomancers really hated?

Options

Comments

• Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes, they are pretty ugly. But, don't judge the pet by it's looks. While it isnt nessecary to have, it can still help you in the long. Help you farm gears, so you dont have to worry about finding a squad.
    I got my herc at lvl 75, by llvl 79, it was tanking 3-1, and 2-2 squad mode (with other ppl)
    when i got my heal pet at lvl 83. I went in and soloed squad mode of 3-1 and 2-2 to get mats i needed for my TT90 gear.

90% of my TT90 mats were gotten this way.

I have no herc..i got my tt90 gear in 4 days..xD :o cost meh 400k ..got most of the mats free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmmm, I know I do not want to join into this argument and everything, because I have already said my point, but from reading this, I found some stuff that interests me :O

Now that I am lvl 83 with the new pet heal, should I be able to solo 3-1 and 2-2 squad? O.O I see Ms-Hop-to-It claimed she has done it and I would love to try it out to farm for my lvl 90 TT gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I've played on a friend's level 83, herc'd veno, and it can solo Squad mode 3-1. Didn't try the 3 minute boss, of course, because I had no wish to suicide, but the other bosses went well.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Can you open TT 3-1 by yourself at 83 or does it require someone at least lvl 88?

2-2 is ok as well? I've seen videos about how to tank astral, I am interested since I need dust of stars. (sorry, I have never soloed squad mode and I want to give it a try)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Can you open TT 3-1 by yourself at 83 or does it require someone at least lvl 88?

2-2 is ok as well? I've seen videos about how to tank astral, I am interested since I need dust of stars. (sorry, I have never soloed squad mode and I want to give it a try)

You do have to have someone lvl 88+ to open 3-1 for you.

3-1 is pretty simple, simple like 1-1. You will have to bring in DDs for the timed boss though. Also Illusion Nemen's magic attack will hit herc hard sometimes.

2-2 might be a bit tricky at first, and take awhile, Just kill the first boss to open the door, skip wurlord, feng, and cosmo, kill soul ripper, and then astral. The trick to astral is chain heal. When astral gets in the right spot (I'd suggest the back right or left chain) Go over, summon your herc, buff first 2 buffs only (dont bramble), set your herc on manual, send herc in, and carefully walk up the chain. You need to be at least 10 height altiltude to not get hit by the adds. If you have to, tell your pet to follow back to you, then immediately tell it to attack the boss (if you wait too long, you'll cause your pet to stow).
    Another note to take is that there are alot of mobs in 2-2. You can kill some, but I would suggest, if your good at kiting, (or surviving a few hits) to skip through most of them.

Also, didn't mention 2-3 yet, so i'll mention it here.
    This TT will be shorter than 2-2, since your only going to soul ripper for Antennas.
    Same basic strategy, Kill Fatiliqua, open the door, skip the next 2 bosses, then kill soul ripper.
    I usually do this run for money, Only takes maybe 45 mins - 1hr.

I run these TTs as an HA/AA build veno, from lvl 90+
    from lvl 80-90 I ran as LA.
    I have no herc..i got my tt90 gear in 4 days..xD :o cost meh 400k ..got most of the mats free

I seriously don't believe a word you say. Ever. only costing 400k? you got most for free? From how stupid you sound on these forums, I highly doubt anyone with sense would squad with you. So, im guessing you found a random squad, and took all the mats. And exactly how far is your gear refined?
    +0?. My gear was all sharded, refined +3 armor, +5 weapon, when i hit lvl 90. Seriously, you really don't sound like you fit in a pvp server, go reroll on a different server, but please don't come to mine.
    b:bye
    >.<
    edited June 2010
    Options
    :O Now I'm interested in the whole HA/AA build. I read the thread regarding it and skimmed the guide.

But coolios! Thanks for the advice.

I have never done 3-1 or 2-2 before. I might have to experience it first hand with a squad before I try soloing at all. Although since I'm only lvl 83, I still have some time to gather TT 90 mats.

And from watching RoyBlazer's vids on the TT runs, is there a certain order of how to do the bosses in 3-1? It's so huge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • queenfate
    queenfate Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes, they are pretty ugly. But, don't judge the pet by it's looks. While it isnt nessecary to have, it can still help you in the long. Help you farm gears, so you dont have to worry about finding a squad.
    I got my herc at lvl 75, by llvl 79, it was tanking 3-1, and 2-2 squad mode (with other ppl)
    when i got my heal pet at lvl 83. I went in and soloed squad mode of 3-1 and 2-2 to get mats i needed for my TT90 gear.

90% of my TT90 mats were gotten this way.

I have no desire to solo the TT's, I like being in a squad.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    queenfate wrote: »

Herc isn't limited to solo use, it's very useful in a squad. Your herc can tank TT bosses, making the barb's job easier(depending on the TT, you might not even need a barb), and reducing his repair bill. Thus equaling a happy kitty :D
    This also goes for Fcc too, You really will have a hard time getting into an fcc squad, wthout a herc. I'm not telling you to get one, it's really up to you. But I would honestly recommend it.
    >.<
  • queenfate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Herc isn't limited to solo use, it's very useful in a squad. Your herc can tank TT bosses, making the barb's job easier(depending on the TT, you might not even need a barb), and reducing his repair bill. Thus equaling a happy kitty :D
    This also goes for Fcc too, You really will have a hard time getting into an fcc squad, wthout a herc. I'm not telling you to get one, it's really up to you. But I would honestly recommend it.

As far as the TT's and such.. I am not worried about getting the best gear. Also I have seen higher lvl squads saying in there shout no herc needed. I am just a casual player, so spending that much time/money on the game is not even something I want to do. I rarely spend money on this game because it is not that important to me to have a lot of in game money to get endgame type gear. I enjoy questing and farming, that is what I do. I make more than enough money by doing that and npcing/merchanting the drops and mats to get me what i want/need. I have yet to have any issues finding a squad to help me finish quests that involve world bosses/instances.
    There is one game I do regularly spend money on but that is one that both my husband and I play so it benefits us both. You wanna talk uber gear/pets we can talk that game.b:chuckle
    As a side note: My kowllin does help the barb a lot with her debuffs as well as me hitting amp damage.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As far as the TT's and such.. I am not worried about getting the best gear. Also I have seen higher lvl squads saying in there shout no herc needed. I am just a casual player, so spending that much time/money on the game is not even something I want to do. I rarely spend money on this game because it is not that important to me to have a lot of in game money to get endgame type gear. I enjoy questing and farming, that is what I do. I make more than enough money by doing that and npcing/merchanting the drops and mats to get me what i want/need. I have yet to have any issues finding a squad to help me finish quests that involve world bosses/instances.
    There is one game I do regularly spend money on but that is one that both my husband and I play so it benefits us both. You wanna talk uber gear/pets we can talk that game.b:chuckle
    As a side note: My kowllin does help the barb a lot with her debuffs as well as me hitting amp damage.

You dont have to spend an abundance of money, or your life to get it. I don't have any desire to get the best gear either. Mine is only mediocre. I've been playing this game over a year, on and off, (check join date) It took me a year to get to lvl 90, where as now a days, you can get to 100 within 2 weeks. And I'm pretty proud of how far ive come.
    I never said other pets weren't useful in squad, kowlin is very useful. I'm just pointing out that the only pet that can help reduce the barb's repair bill is a herc. Herc tanking boss = barb's repair bill costs less.
    >.<
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

LOL you make it sound like herc users only solo and don't do squads. FYI, herc is pretty useful when there aren't any barbs to be found especially in some bh and TT runs (some TT bosses are needed for cultis and not only for mats). I always offer to help the barbs tank the bosses to help them with repair costs and some of have been very appreciative and have started inviting my veno regularly into their squads.

In today's PWI gaming environment, TT gears aren't even the best gears anymore but the norm. Being casual doesn't mean wearing all NPC stuffs. Better gears = better damage and better survival ability in a squad. Who wants to spend the time squadded with someone who can't pull their load and keeps dying at every boss? I'd be embarrassed to impose on my friends that way even if they don't mind.

Good luck with getting your friends and guildies to spend all their time online in the game helping you with all your TT needs then. That is if you don't mind everyone giving up their play time just to pander to your needs.

P/s who says you have to spend real cash to get a herc? Farming mats and merchandising can still do it. A bit longer perhaps but still possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • queenfate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL you make it sound like herc users only solo and don't do squads. FYI, herc is pretty useful when there aren't any barbs to be found especially in some bh and TT runs (some TT bosses are needed for cultis and not only for mats). I always offer to help the barbs tank the bosses to help them with repair costs and some of have been very appreciative and have started inviting my veno regularly into their squads.

In today's PWI gaming environment, TT gears aren't even the best gears anymore but the norm. Being casual doesn't mean wearing all NPC stuffs. Better gears = better damage and better survival ability in a squad. Who wants to spend the time squadded with someone who can't pull their load and keeps dying at every boss? I'd be embarrassed to impose on my friends that way even if they don't mind.

Good luck with getting your friends and guildies to spend all their time online in the game helping you with all your TT needs then. That is if you don't mind everyone giving up their play time just to pander to your needs.

P/s who says you have to spend real cash to get a herc? Farming mats and merchandising can still do it. A bit longer perhaps but still possible.

Actually, if you would have read what I had quoted you would have seen I was replying to her. SHE mentioned soloing to which I replied I had no desire to do. I am well aware herc venos squad also, I never said other wise. Also I said in a previous post I am not even trying for TT weapons, about the only squads I do are FBs, Bhs and when I have quest in an instance and I have yet to have an issue finding a squad to help out. I would never expect anyone to spend all their time "pandering" to my needs. I know how to pull my weight in squads thank you, you don't need a herc to do that. I never said it can't be done without spending cash.. hence the money/TIME part.. the simple point is I don't want a herc, if I did I am well aware of how to make money on this game.
    Another thing I was thinking about, what about all those high lvl venos that got there without a herc....
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Another thing I was thinking about, what about all those high lvl venos that got there without a herc....

I got there without a herc. Got mine at lvl 75, and have yet to get a nix.

I've been on this char for over a year, and only lvl 90

I disagree on venos getting hercs early in the game, because you need to know how to play the class before getting it. I would rather be a squad with a smart veno without a herc, than a dumb veno with a herc. And trust me, I run into ALOT of dumb veno with hercs -.-' But, if your a smart veno with a herc, that makes everyone's job even easier.

I admire your dedication not to get one. I never said hercless venos were useless. I actually at first didn't want to get a herc, but when i did, I loved it. And you probably will
    too. Just stop being so negative about it.
    >.<
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know 3 pretty good venos getting into 9x w/o herc. They only get a herc then when they bored and start farming b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know 3 pretty good venos getting into 9x w/o herc. They only get a herc then when they bored and start farming b:avoid

That would probably be me today b:surrender But my herc was basically a christmas present. Tried for months to get it before then, gave up, sold the sofs, finally got it around dec or jan this year. So ya, basically a christmas present.

As for the nix.... >.> farming my **** off to get it. b:cry

And yea Im very bored of my veno, I hide on my psychic alot b:surrender
    >.<
  • queenfate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I got there without a herc. Got mine at lvl 75, and have yet to get a nix.

I've been on this char for over a year, and only lvl 90

I disagree on venos getting hercs early in the game, because you need to know how to play the class before getting it. I would rather be a squad with a smart veno without a herc, than a dumb veno with a herc. And trust me, I run into ALOT of dumb veno with hercs -.-' But, if your a smart veno with a herc, that makes everyone's job even easier.

I admire your dedication not to get one. I never said hercless venos were useless. I actually at first didn't want to get a herc, but when i did, I loved it. And you probably will
    too. Just stop being so negative about it.

Now I think you are on to something there. I am finding that it is also having an effect on other classes. Some barbs don't know how to tank because they ran with a herc'ed veno and the herc did all the tanking.. who's fault is that? I would have to say both players. It is not that hard to learn your skills, I practice mine while farming.
    Now now you yourself agreed they were ugly b:chuckle, that is the only negative thing I have said. I just honestly don't want one.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    xD i can never get a nix or herc. cuz i don't have much time to play..but i know i can do Dragon teple and get all legdary skills ..that herc/nix got. xD by do alot DT. then find good pet w good stats..put in those skills..and it will be almot like a herc.

like GW w Hp buff + mag/pdef buff and refect.
    I got my pk pet..its sawfly w bleed + claw

i will save alot time + don't cost..its free..only cost to lvl the skils. xD it wil take long time to get them...but i know i will have all those scrolls before i hit lvl 100..HAHAHA i lvl on cs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Now I think you are on to something there. I am finding that it is also having an effect on other classes. Some barbs don't know how to tank because they ran with a herc'ed veno and the herc did all the tanking.. who's fault is that? I would have to say both players. It is not that hard to learn your skills, I practice mine while farming.
    Now now you yourself agreed they were ugly b:chuckle, that is the only negative thing I have said. I just honestly don't want one.

Well, in all honestly, I wanted the nix first, but being on a pve server, I was told to get a herc first. You could get a nix though, they are pretty, and make ppl go "QQ"
    >.<
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gave up, sold the sofs

When working toward one, I highly suggest selling SoF as you're buying them. It's something you're going to know the market on well so it make sense to profit from that knowledge.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    uh..read the headline..o.o its not about herc/nix and how to get em! Its about WHY do ppl HATE VENOS!b:laugh lest go kk the the MAIN poit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• queenfate
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, in all honestly, I wanted the nix first, but being on a pve server, I was told to get a herc first. You could get a nix though, they are pretty, and make ppl go "QQ"

LMAO to funny, I did actually see one the other day and they are beautiful. Oddly enough I have never given much thought about them, don't know their stats or anything.
  • Maishc - Lost City
    Maishc - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yes i think apart from OP wiz and archers ppl hate venos alot
    ppl hate the nix cuz its bleed has a lower dmg reduction than ppl so it HURTS
    and the hate the veno cuz we gonna debuff u........ then amp u...........then u die
    in tw i run to a cata and b4 i even reach i got like 4 peeps on me before i can purge >.>

but with the addition of sins the QQ about venos/nix has gone down alot cuz of stealth, triple spark then 2 shot u
    but those same sins hide in stealth cuz they hate nix b:laugh
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yes i think apart from OP wiz and archers ppl hate venos alot
    ppl hate the nix cuz its bleed has a lower dmg reduction than ppl so it HURTS
    and the hate the veno cuz we gonna debuff u........ then amp u...........then u die
    in tw i run to a cata and b4 i even reach i got like 4 peeps on me before i can purge >.>

but with the addition of sins the QQ about venos/nix has gone down alot cuz of stealth, triple spark then 2 shot u
    but those same sins hide in stealth cuz they hate nix b:laugh

its wrong! bleed don't realy do most dg! its the atk rate like sins..got hige atk rate..xD lvl 80 sin kil lvl 9x veno in 1 hit..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no, first thing is bleed bug that can 1 shot many players then after that is the 1.25 atk rate from nix.
    soon or later bleed would be replaced, some players are already strong enough to ignore the little damage from bleed
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kenlee wrote: »
    no, first thing is bleed bug that can 1 shot many players then after that is the 1.25 atk rate from nix.
    soon or later bleed would be replaced, some players are already strong enough to ignore the little damage from bleed

bleed sued cuz it only skils thats not bugged..xD it do full dg in pvp..onther skils don't.

bleed work good on LA - AA ppl w low hp and pdef
    not work well on HA w ALOT pdef and hp.
    Stun make nix hit 1,25 for 15sec..his true atk rate is 1,0 w7o stun buff for 15sec
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well it works better on LA than AA but that because i have maybe like double more pdef than most archers/sins. yes its only for 15 sec then it goes back to 1
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its wrong! bleed don't realy do most dg! its the atk rate like sins..got hige atk rate..xD lvl 80 sin kil lvl 9x veno in 1 hit..

If you are a lazy arcane veno,yes,you die with 10lvls above you sin or bm....but if you r not lazy....go heavy veno and the 10 lvls above you sin kill himself b:chuckle
    ...purgue,amp D..and bramble hood do the restb:laugh..and the pet,is your sidekick now..no worries about heal in pvp.

PD:and you can wear arcane to fight arcanes and hit them with dual axes XD
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Coming from a non-veno I'd say veno's aren't exactly a hated class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options

a lvl 100 sin with +10 nivana daggers couldnt even kill me in 1 hit......

it took 2 hits! b:laugh
    >.<
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    a lvl 100 sin with +10 nivana daggers couldnt even kill me in 1 hit......

it took 2 hits! b:laugh

na fail sins don't do same DG as pro sins :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]