Same-sex relationships

2»

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    avidxander wrote: »
    PWI hates my kind, bye game

That is maybe the biggest insult the the ****/**** community ever lol, You just made it sound like you're a totally different race. GG, uninstall the game now.
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Aliens b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That is maybe the biggest insult the the ****/**** community ever lol, You just made it sound like you're a totally different race.

no, PWI makes accommodations for different races. even for different species, as has been noted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • avidxander
    avidxander Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That is maybe the biggest insult the the ****/**** community ever lol, You just made it sound like you're a totally different race. GG, uninstall the game now.

I did uninstall, and I meant that PWI diesn't like **** people so, I figured I'd leave a note incase the devs might see it and understand why.

It's not like it's a kids game, they'd have to tone down the looks alot if it were. therefore the only reason is that they don't want **** people as a part of their game.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I did uninstall, and I meant that PWI diesn't like **** people so, I figured I'd leave a note incase the devs might see it and understand why.

It's not like it's a kids game, they'd have to tone down the looks alot if it were. therefore the only reason is that they don't want **** people as a part of their game.

i know plenty of **** people who play PWI who arnt really bothered
  • avidxander
    avidxander Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i know plenty of **** people who play PWI who arnt really bothered

That's fine, it's not a big deal. I just don't want to play. I'm not trying to start a war, I just want to let them know why I left and that I feel kinda offended that it was worth the extra effort in programming to make sure only males can carry/marry females.

I tend to play as a female anyway and my BF plays as male, but that doesn't matter to me, it just feels like they don't like homosexuality, and I don't feel welcome.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    GTFO kthxbye b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's fine, it's not a big deal. I just don't want to play. I'm not trying to start a war, I just want to let them know why I left and that I feel kinda offended that it was worth the extra effort in programming to make sure only males can carry/marry females.

I tend to play as a female anyway and my BF plays as male, but that doesn't matter to me, it just feels like they don't like homosexuality, and I don't feel welcome.

meh its a business at the end of the day, they wont give 2 seconds of thought to anyone's complaints

even tho allowing same sex marriages would probably net them a lot more cash they will keep using the "religion" card everytime, i don't even believe in religion; i think its a waste of space
  • PyroS - Raging Tide
    PyroS - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dougu wrote: »
    You must be oblivious to the political happenings as they take action within China. Homosexuality is becoming increasingly more open, and unless the developers are willing to openly say: "We are **** bashing chinese, deal with it and gtfo out game," you can be ready for an entire slew of these topics. Even then, they will not stop just because people with to much time on their hands thinks they are the be-all-end-all of suggestions.

The chinese might be writing the down and dirty codes, but that does not mean the international server adminstration can't jump in and decide to make a minor tweak. Sure, it takes a bit of coding know-how. But I'm sure there are thousands of coders that are willing to make that happen.

Then again, I could be mistaken by the fact that this is the international version, which means that we don't have to oblige by chinese rules. If that's the case, I'll willingly stop this discussion immediatly.

when will u get it tru ur head....due to THEIR customs it will NEVER b implemented China is not the entire world and guess wat?? WE are playing by THEIR rules we are playing THEIR game
    so all i hav to say GO **** bashing Chinese i hate **** also b:victory
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Awesome, another **** marriage thread to throw on the fire. OP fails.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Woot there it is!!!
    Woot there it is!!!

Come-on people, get over it and move on. It ain't gonna happen.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • DocSavage - Dreamweaver
    DocSavage - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if i marry my own alt.. isn't that a same sex marriage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    no...that's called fapping your hand b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sigh i really hope they will finaly implement it and no more discussion about that XD
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well.....why be the OP trying to force homosexuality onto PW?
    b:shocked

and why not like girls?
    that be sexism right there~ Q_Q
    they be good people too.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _xBeAsTx_ - Raging Tide
    _xBeAsTx_ - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't support **** marriage in a game because i'm sure there are a bunch of 9 year olds playing and I am sure that would have been rather odd to see if I were 9. But I think we should let lesbianism eh? That would be fun for the guys and girlsb:laugh
  • Diochan - Heavens Tear
    Diochan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    good lord i came back to pw only to meet another one of these threads again?

aside from the cultural differences this will never happen. lets face it it is potentially a land mine waiting for someone to step on it. in the world, most are against same sex marriage, NOW pw has ALOT of young players ranging from kids to teens (oh yes kids play pw, i know, my 9 year old nephew has a level 47 BM) now imagine what would happen if their parents found out about a game there you can marry the same sex. keep in mind that games are already under fire for supposedly influencing kids to do negative things. the parent may very well forbid their kid from playing the game, and the more extreme ones will make a big issue over it on the media. then other parents will see it and make their kids stop playing.

to make matters worse, the situation could blow way out of proportion. think about the game mass effect. it had a scene where you saw a side shot of a naked female character (they still made it so you couldn't see anything becos of shadows). NOW look at how that game got put through the ringer! idiot news casters and tv show host claiming that the game focuses around having explicit sex with any female character in the game (again note that the scene is like 10 seconds long and you only see semi partal nudity) at any given time, not even bothering to play the game for themselves to see what it's really about. if something like THIS happened i can't imagine it would be good for PW.

this is only a POSSIBLE outcome, it may not necessarily happen but if it does, pw will always have that "stigma" behind it. take a look around. you can't find a single mmorpg that has same sex marriages altho I've been told they exist, no one can ever seem to give the name of any games that have it.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OMG, wtf is this still doing here? Why do you people keep asking?

Um, No. It will never happen and these people have already stated the reasons why, if you can't come to terms with it, you must be daft. I guess now you're going to claim that you're born stupid, it's not a choice?

And I've said this a million times. If you really want to marry your **** lover, make the most manly of you a man in game and the more feminine one a girl because they're pixels and you can do that.

If you can't decide, fight to the death over it, that might solve a few issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't support **** marriage in a game because i'm sure there are a bunch of 9 year olds playing

the terms of service mention a lower age limit of 13, which actually has some (possibly no longer current, IANAL) basis in U.S. law.

plus, the game features occasionally graphic violence and inter-species relationships. you think that's just fine fare for a nine-year-old, but same-sex affection isn't?
    But I think we should let lesbianism eh? That would be fun for the guys and girlsb:laugh

yah, because as every straight male knows, there's NOTHING homosexual about lesbians. now where's that roll-eyes smiley when you need it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Let it rest. Seriously. No matter how much you argue for or against it, it will never happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As long as Perfect World owner and developer is still Beijing PWE, these will never happen.
    Same sex marriage is forbidden on China, and because official there. Many mmo that running on China ban their male player that playing female character, even if the female gender is class exclusive. What official say : "Male playing as female character is sign of homo sexuality. "

I am not anti same sex . . but stop already . . b:surrender
    Well it may change some day, after some years . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    not hating **** or lesbians as ppls said wont be happen, buuuuuuuuuut...............i used to see a gm (kantorek i think) saying stuff like it was implemented from the PW Chinese version so they cant changing everything easily. you need to change their rule before changing this version o_o

learn Chinese and speak with them? lolz maybe they have better answer that make u didn't feel offended or relieved? well...maybe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Julanya - Dreamweaver
    Julanya - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Many mmo that running on China ban their male player that playing female character, even if the female gender is class exclusive. What official say : "Male playing as female character is sign of homo sexuality. "

This is insanely stupid and so small-minded that I am now thinking I will never play another PWE game. You run an international or westernised version of your game and it's still full of Chinese control, just in English. For a government to make assumptions about someone's sexual preference with no real knowledge of the person is... ****, to be honest. Goodbye PWE.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This is insanely stupid and so small-minded that I am now thinking I will never play another PWE game. You run an international or westernised version of your game and it's still full of Chinese control, just in English. For a government to make assumptions about someone's sexual preference with no real knowledge of the person is... ****, to be honest. Goodbye PWE.

There was a mmo that made by chinese developer, but have those same sex interaction.
    It happen after the full license and game rights is bought by another company outside china, which mean the company can develop the game their own ways.
    So buy *Perfect World* someone . . . . b:bye (of course that mean you also have to made a new version, not PWI)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • CeciliaXiko - Heavens Tear
    CeciliaXiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:dirty
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.