Fix the white glitching

Santacruz - Heavens Tear
Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
i dunno what causes this and its virtually impossible to screenshot, its where you get a random white flash that can take up certain parts of the screen.

fix it please
Post edited by Santacruz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    WorksForMe

I sometimes see black boxes where bushes should be though. (Usually near Orchid Temple.)
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    WorksForMe

I sometimes see black boxes where bushes should be though. (Usually near Orchid Temple.)

heh, thats odd, i usually see luminant white ones b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It stopped for me after the last maintenance.b:chuckle

I thought I was going to end up with seizures...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm still getting it sometimes. I'm also getting this:

whitek.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I'm still getting it sometimes. I'm also getting this:

whitek.png

It's the end of the world as we know it. It's the end of the world as we know it; and I feel fine.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    im surprised u managed to screenshot it, should help

i get it that bad too and sometimes its really often, was in RB the otherday and getting it like mad, its so annoying, even just standing by AH i get it
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    im surprised u managed to screenshot it, should help

It kept flashing most of the time, and that time it stayed for a bit longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    And I thought my graphics card was dying...

...until I heard a few faction mates complaining about this a few days ago.

I'd rather have this as a bug than my gfx card dying, to be honest. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2010
    nah its a bug that i know a few people are suffering from.

would be nice to have some GM input about it
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    glad im not the only one, I got it on video and uploading it to youtube so ppl can see it. its towards the end of the video.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Having my armor visible causes it's occurrence. -Maybe from flame effects, not sure.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited June 2010
    im wearing fashion and still getting it
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yea it suck ****.... i hate doing bh79 cos its like 10x worse for me there for some reason x.x
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    im wearing fashion and still getting it
    It's not what you are wearing, but when someone in a particular armor texture is wearing around you. I've gotten it too, an annoying white flash in the right side of the screen that persists even if I rotate the camera angle... if I move my character in X or Y far enough it goes away as I get out of some trigger distance from another character wearing the offending armor texture. This is what I see on my ATI Radeon x1050 (upper right).

Bug_White_Flash.jpg
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's not what you are wearing, but when someone in a particular armor texture is wearing around you. I've gotten it too, an annoying white flash in the right side of the screen that persists even if I rotate the camera angle...

!!!!
    someone be going super saiyan next to you!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you got mail!!! b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    !!!!
    someone be going super saiyan next to you!
    b:shocked

Dragon, Dragon; Rock The Dragon, Dragonball Z.

• Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Heres the video , remember its towards the end of it when it starts glitching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRG4agS-5Og
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I get white flash too, usually the top 3rd of my screen flashed white or possible just the sky. Iti happens fast so hard to tell exactly.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Typical response from GM's here.....them ignoring it.

Devs don't fix bugs, they collect them.
    edited June 2010

pretty much this exactly
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    But they found a way to compel people to buy fashion, would you fix it if you were them? -What caused it to begin with?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited June 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    But they found a way to compel people to buy fashion, would you fix it if you were them? -What caused it to begin with?

um lets see

bad programming?
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i get it to very annoying especially when im doing my bh51 oddly enough i only got it when im playing my barb and dont have it ever as my sin

oh and it covers my entire screen but thats probally because i play in a customized resolution windowed mode
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm getting it as well and its so bad that I'm getting headaches after playing for more than 1hour now -_- ...annoying flashes.

However i found out that the flashes only appear when I'm playing PW in window mode, i never had them when i used Full window.Anyone realised the same?
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I found this glitch to be especially bad when participating in the event around the last 5 bosses.

A lot of skill effects going off seems to makes it go nuts.
  • Westie - Heavens Tear
    Westie - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I thought it was just my computer or something, this is exactly what I've been getting too b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When i get white flashes its only liek 3 fast flashes and then it disappears again =/. But i got white umm "boxes" instead of bushes a few places, my hubby got black ones seem to depend on ur com. Also since i was lvl 66 i got this problem sometimes happen(less now but it happens once in a while). I learned to get out of it pretty fast now by sinpy going into best preformance and out again, but the first many times (it was a daily happening) i would get booted when i tried to get it back to normal.
    bug.png
    In this case i ran into a tree while the plains were black/color striped ... also had it happen in fb59 and in archo
    edited June 2010
    <<SNIP>>

Basically what PWI looks like in Wine in Linux no matter what you set it at, on ATI.

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    its the effects off armor so far i have seen it off :
    mixed stones "sparkle" effects (i.e two hp and one pdef stone)
    pure mag def (white glow)

pure pdef (red glow), pure hp (purple glow, not sure about 4 immac lightning effect) and elemental (green glow) seem to be fine

turning off armor and asking others in the squad to do so fixes the issue, in crowded area's you cant though b:surrender

this started when they patched the fashion bug, i never had issues previously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]