• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can we get a GM response then?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    its the effects off armor so far i have seen it off :
    mixed stones "sparkle" effects (i.e two hp and one pdef stone)
    pure mag def (white glow)

pure pdef (red glow), pure hp (purple glow, not sure about 4 immac lightning effect) and elemental (green glow) seem to be fine

turning off armor and asking others in the squad to do so fixes the issue, in crowded area's you cant though b:surrender

this started when they patched the fashion bug, i never had issues previously

That can't be what is causing it for me. I had it happen a couple times when standing alone on a wall in Arch, and I wear fashion.

Mine is the same as the posted video, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Typical response from GM's here.....them ignoring it.

Devs don't fix bugs, they collect them.

The GMs already responded to this issue, told us why it happens, and that they'll try to figure out how to fix it in the first thread that was created about this, in this section.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
    edited June 2010
    The GMs already responded to this issue, told us why it happens, and that they'll try to figure out how to fix it in the first thread that was created about this, in this section.

link to back up your post please
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    White flashing? Hmmmm...

Subliminal...

[flash] Spend more money [/flash]

Etc...

You all are doing it wrong. You're not suppose to notice their brainwashing attempts. b:laugh
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • yukki16
    yukki16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:shocked so its not my computer thank u i dont have to spend anotehr 500 busks to get a new one or spend money on fixing it :D b:bye they should really fix this bug tho
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=732012&highlight=flashing&page=7
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hi All,

We are aware of this issue. Its an issue with certain socket gem sparkles being displayed on screen. The development team is working on a fix soon.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sinalee, your picture... Is that some abstract masterpiece?

As for myself, I never saw those flashes, but I remember that when I started as my tideborns, the full screen would flicker every second (on each step) when I directed myself to the teleporter leading to Raging Tides city. about ten to fifteen seconds the travel, you can imagine the effect.

It was quite a seizure-filling experience I never want to live again.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Only had the sky turn white once, moving my camera solved it.

Nothing you can do about the flashes except getting a new gfx though that's not really a solution.

..or maybe the paparazzi is following you b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Originally Posted by Kantorek
    Hi All,

We are aware of this issue. Its an issue with certain socket gem sparkles being displayed on screen. The development team is working on a fix soon.

Yep, just like how they're working on our compensation for the dq items. They MAY get to it, EVENTUALLY.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I doubt that anyone expected a GM reply like ''we'll get onto it ASAP and hope having it fixed this week'' but meh. Guess there's nothing more to put to it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I get this bad but only ever in bh79, its got nothing to do with armour glow (As I always have my armour visible with effects on, yet only get this problem in bh79) or anything as I can tell and my graphics card is more than fine. It looks to me like the textures in bh79 just flicker and show a white background or whatever... If I was prone to seizures i'd have probably been at risk so try and sort it out, please. b:surrender
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Originally Posted by Kantorek
    Hi All,

Yep, just like how they're working on our compensation for the dq items. They MAY get to it, EVENTUALLY.

Wow, cynical much? Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt? This issue isn't all that old, since it started around the time the Event started. And they've said fairly recently that yes, they're still working on a good enough compensation.

Kids these days. Always wanting instant gratification. Making changes, fixing things, introducing newmaterials - it all takes time. Look at how long it took for the Forest Ruins to be fixed and expected to be re-released.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wow, cynical much? Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt? This issue isn't all that old, since it started around the time the Event started. And they've said fairly recently that yes, they're still working on a good enough compensation.

Kids these days. Always wanting instant gratification. Making changes, fixing things, introducing newmaterials - it all takes time. Look at how long it took for the Forest Ruins to be fixed and expected to be re-released.

Well, based on their track record of fixing bugs, cynical/skeptical works for me. There are lots of things that they are/were supposedly going to fix that remain in the game. :Insert Bug List Here: It seems that rather than fix an existing bug, the devs create a new one to **** people off so they forget about the first one.

I can just hear the devs: "AHHHH! These annoying people who actually keep track of the bugs and aren't distracted by the new bugs. Damn them. b:angry Must create better bugs to hide the old bugs."

The only thing I've seen fixed with any real speed is the recent fashion bug and that is only because it affected cash sales and that bug fix caused the white flashy screen bug. b:surrender

Rather than rapidly adding new buggy content, it would be nice if they took a few months to go back and fix existing problems. OMG, wait! A totally radical thought just struck! They could thoroughly TEST updates on their test servers BEFORE introducing new content. b:shocked Nah, that takes too much time. Must hurry and get the new stuff out. We can always (not) fix any problems we missed later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010

QQ more.
    Well, based on their track record of fixing bugs, cynical/skeptical works for me. There are lots of things that they are/were supposedly going to fix that remain in the game. :Insert Bug List Here: It seems that rather than fix an existing bug, the devs create a new one to **** people off so they forget about the first one.

I can just hear the devs: "AHHHH! These annoying people who actually keep track of the bugs and aren't distracted by the new bugs. Damn them. b:angry Must create better bugs to hide the old bugs."

The only thing I've seen fixed with any real speed is the recent fashion bug and that is only because it affected cash sales and that bug fix caused the white flashy screen bug. b:surrender

Rather than rapidly adding new buggy content, it would be nice if they took a few months to go back and fix existing problems. OMG, wait! A totally radical thought just struck! They could thoroughly TEST updates on their test servers BEFORE introducing new content. b:shocked Nah, that takes too much time. Must hurry and get the new stuff out. We can always (not) fix any problems we missed later.

+1. Now I don't have to shut the other person up, you did it for me.b:victory
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010

I don't know that we can say they actually "fixed" the clothing bug...I suspect they merely tried to get things back to how they were before they "fixed" the TB face-colours...and in turn made another bug, and now don't know how to fix all issues, without affecting one another, permanently, and so are probably working on that, as well. Cause and effect, you know?

And I agree, they should probably do more testing. However, nothing can ever be perfect. Even console games have bug issues that people whine about (remembers hearing about PS3/Wii/Xbox360/etc bugs and complaints), so even testing isn't a foolproof way of making sure there aren't bugs.

My main point of my last post still stands. Fixing things can take time. Coming up with a suitable solution/compromise to a decision that has caused an uproar (such as the DQ price reduction), and then implementing said solution/compromise takes time. Of course, once they do figure out what they consider a good compromise, people will still whine and rant, because nothing is ever good enough for some people.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    guys if you wanna go discuss your opinions or flame each other can you go do it somewhere else, this thread is for people to discuss the mentioned bug and hope for feedback on it

id appreciate you didn't get my thread locked for your own egotistical wars
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Well, tonight's patch notes say the issue is fixed in tonight patch, so...

I guess we'll see?
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]