Sage+interval=?

Kyrael - Dreamweaver
Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Assassin
I know I'm quite a bit away from my sage/demon culti, but it doesn't hurt to think ahead on these things, seeing as BHs and whatnot let people level rather fast these days.

So, seeing as the sage/demon skills for sins are out (despite the lv99 req...), I've started to consider which path I'm going to take. Looking at the skills I've noted that the sage skills have bonuses I'd most likely use more, but the demon spark is veeeeery nice looking because of the attack speed boost. b:dirty (Plus the shiny red 'splosion of color b:chuckle)

The thing is, I don't want to go demon just for the spark, but the rest of the skills aren't appealing enough to me compared to sage. I'm not a skill spammer (on mobs I tend to Rib Strike>auto attack), which is what most people are grouping sage with, but I do on occasion use other skills on bosses and whatnot that would be further amplified by sage bonuses.

What I'm getting at is, is it a good idea to shoot for a sage sin with plenty of -interval gear? Of course, theoretically I couldn't hit 5aps without using a genie skill or something (like Relentless Courage, which I already have on my str genie), but I doubt I'd ever have the coin to get a full set of -int gear, even endgame. So, all things considered, I've thought of going sage when I reach that level and then shooting for as many -int gears as possible to round out my playing style.

Anyone else have opinions on this? Should I stick to the basic idea of sage=skill spammer or go my own way? I'd rather not eventually be switching cultis seeing as I'm such a poor person. b:surrender
Post edited by Kyrael - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ok. From a BM know-how:

If you get 3.33 aps, and use Demon Spark you get 5 aps.
    If you get 4 aps, and use Safe Spark you get 5 aps.

So, it should apply across the board, all you need to do is get 4 aps (which is every single peice of -interval gear), and you'll be able to get 5 aps.

But, if not possible, i'd suggest trying to get at least a 2.87 aps.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That's exactly what I'm doing, OP. I've figured if I can hit 3.33 aps and use relentless courage during Sage spark, I'll have the same attack speed and damage as a demon sin with a nifty 25% damage reduction, not to mention 30% more damage outside of spark. n.n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Honestly, I would think that decreasing the attack speed by 65% (Demon) rather than the max health reduction by 10% would be more appealing, especially for someone who just uses that combination of Rib Strike and regular attacks. Still, I don't see anything wrong with it except the 30 second cooldown of Relentless Courage compared to the 0 cooldown of spark and our Chi gaining skills. Nonetheless, to each their own, and if you choose to do Sage with this, good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    demon spark is selfspamable and rentles courage isn't b:laugh
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yes it is self spammable, but is it really worth going demon just for the spark?

im 2 levels away and leaning towards sage just cause the skills rock(really want that bloodpaint)
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To ACLucius, yeah, I do like demon's Rib Strike best for just the basic mob fights, but at that point I think 50% is already fairly nice attack speed reduction, and the HP reduction will let me kill them faster either way. Both have their pros and cons, of course, and I do prefer demon's RS, but in general the skills of sage sins tend to be superior to those of demon sins. So, I'd rather not choose a culti based on one skill and the spark, you know?

As for the Relentless Courage vs. demon spark, I doubt that I'd be sparking to get 5aps on normal mobs all that often. Yes, it'd be much faster, but I'd probably only be using RC on bosses or elite mobs that give me trouble. With -int gear already equipped I'd have a decent attack rate either way, and sparking for a speed boost (as well as the damage inc., but sage gets that too) seems rather superfluous on regular mobs. Plus I think it'd take me quite a while to get a full set of -int gear either way, so going a culti that relies on it might be a bit tedious for me. b:surrender i r poor, kthxbai.

I'm not saying that RC+sage spark and -int gear is better than a self-spammable demon spark, but wondering if going sage with -int is a viable alternative. I just see people saying "omg sage r skill spammerz," but demon seems to be much better suited for people with a bottomless wallet that can pump cash into the game. So, rather than saying that demon spark is far superior and whatnot, do you guys consider this a viable option? I wouldn't be spamming RC whenever it cooled down, but rather saving it for when I actually needed even more attack speed.
    edited June 2010
    yes it is self spammable, but is it really worth going demon just for the spark?

im 2 levels away and leaning towards sage just cause the skills rock(really want that bloodpaint)

demon has more 1 sec of stun on headhunt and 2 sec on shadow teleport, more 80% of evasion when using maze steps and heal of 10% HP on inner harmony... for me those skills r better than bloodpaint... b:victory

ps: u can get the sage bloodpaint if u r in squad with a sage sinb:laugh
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    demon seems to be much better suited for people with a bottomless wallet that can pump cash into the game.

why buy cash if u can do TTs everyday b:victoryb:shutupb:sadb:surrender
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ok i am sage and im gettin all the interval i can even though im not the richest guy on the server. fisrt off relentless courage is fail. id much rather use my genie to do tangeling mire and hit 50% harder then a little bit faster. second line of business is the strong rumor (havent heard it from a GM yet) that they will be taking the -int out of demon spark and giving it an extra 65% attack instead.(instead of 500% weapon damage it will be 565%) im curious to see how that will play out.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    _Nettuno_ - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To be honest i belive that demon endgame assassin is much more powerful than a sage assassin: demon damage output+more stun lenght is able to kill anyone, or near that. (are a metter of seconds but whit 5 attks/second you can take down a player in 2-3 seconds easly)

Ralentless courage: yes,can take a sage assassin to 5 att/s but never forget that in this way your genie will be "busy" for just 6 seconds boost. Demon 5 att/s is spammable, least 15 seconds and let your genie free,making you able to use another skill, maybe occult ice. In this way u'll have 5 seconds of stun from shadow teleport (absolutyl amazing,it's an incredible pk skill whit 3 second stun, i can't even figure how will be as demon) + 6 seconds from headhunt + 6 seconds from occult ice= total of 17 seconds of stun (+ 100% 5 seconds sleep). In this time u can do what u want.

Never forget that demon can reach 5 att/s whit chill of the deep up (sage can't) = tons of attacks + high attack lvl. This is a incredible OP,don't know why ppl always forget about this.

Lvl 79 skill condensed thorn (turn half of the damage from physical in water elemental) work just whit normal attacks so will be a demob skill in the end (and it's good to take down HA users)

Demon has less good skills than sage but this don't make demon a less valid path, simply the demon don't need the skills, all demon game it's around the spark. So longer stuns+spark will be ok, you don't need anything else. (well, it's always nice to have all skills at lvl 11, but i don't think that are a must)

Don't know if they'll nerf the demon spark but if this will happen than yes, sage will be 100% better than demon.

Right now the problem is alway the same:
    "poor" or no willing to farm TT? go sage (and it's not so easy, u have to find skill's books and get a nirvana zerk dagger, so u'll need a good amount of cash anyway, this don't look poor at all in my opinion)

"Rich" or willing to farm? Go demon.(demon allow you to solo TT, so even whit the most expensive path u can have a cash flow anyway, whit sage is not possible)

I'll try the demon path,we'll see how good it will be :-P
  • LiteGreen - Sanctuary
    LiteGreen - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    im a demon sin -
    i agree sage skills are better no doubt.

but considering a sin can put out 3 triple sparks in a row if u can use 2 skills on somthing or 2 triple sparks just standing still.

i went demon becuase of the attack speed. just like archers we are a DPS class

high dmg may not show as much in the lower intervals but when your nearing your end game gear you notice the difference.
    for example.

im demon sin and on triple spark i hit 2.50 with tt100 daggers +7 with 2 garnets. and in nirvana no one can get agro but fist BM and archers with higher attack speed.

so i reccomend people who hate chill of the deep and you are doing and interval bonus go demon

those who like chill of the deep and who dont like intervals go sage
    (DPS = damage per second)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -int is not just for you damn demons. sage can get it too. its just a bit less efficient (untill they demon spark goes bye bye) but why do you think sage sins cant solo TT? i have enough -int combined with me chi skills that i can just about constant sage spark so i have 25% damage reduction with a 3% blood paint. i would rather have the demon rib strike to go with it but i still think sages make better soloers then demon
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you really want that interval, go Demon & don't learn any of your demon skills. Get all your gear together, then convert to Sage =P 200 mirages is a piece of cake with BH100 (which you'll be getting by the time you can convert, anyways), and 10 gold for the Celestial Schism Mold is nothing.

Easier to farm as a Demon (because of higher aps, regardless of base interval, due to demon spark), but in PK/PvP I believe Sage can (ironically) do better than Demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sage can get 5aps with fist unsparked
    permaspark + 3%bloodpaint + 20%critdamage for 30minutes = PvEgod

ever wanted to solo your own fb99 or nirvana?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sage can get 5aps with fist unsparked
    permaspark + 3%bloodpaint + 20%critdamage for 30minutes = PvEgod

ever wanted to solo your own fb99 or nirvana?

Would rather kill anybody on the server. I think demon still looks better for pvp.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    -int is not just for you damn demons. sage can get it too. its just a bit less efficient (untill they demon spark goes bye bye) but why do you think sage sins cant solo TT? i have enough -int combined with me chi skills that i can just about constant sage spark so i have 25% damage reduction with a 3% blood paint. i would rather have the demon rib strike to go with it but i still think sages make better soloers then demon

Well, i don't think that sage can't, i simply think that when sage will be useless. Let me explain better: u run TT to make money to buy items/mats/equip. Once u'll have all ur int gear run TT will be pointless, u'll not need money anymore lol. Demon can solo TT from the lvl 90, just whit bloodpaint+demon spark and full TT90 armor whit good shards/refin (a guy in my faction do it).

Say what u want but in my opinion a demon spark from distance+demon tele-stun (5 seconds)+ chill of the deep up (i repeat, 5 att/s whit chill, most OP thing i ever seen) can take anyone down in a blink of the eye. BUT i'm talking about pvp/pk 1vs1.

For mass pvp/pk-TW sage is indeed better

So,what do you want from your assassin? Best solo ability and best 1vs1 pk? Go demon
    Want a good solo ability, whit better team skills and best mass pvp? Go sage

By the way, sage can get a good amout of att/s but will never be like demon. Demon can have an high damage per hit, but will never be like sage. It's about ur game style
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Never forget that demon can reach 5 att/s whit chill of the deep up (sage can't) = tons of attacks + high attack lvl. This is a incredible OP,don't know why ppl always forget about this.

They forget this because you cant have 5att/s with chill using daggers. They can however, with fists.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    I'm not so good in math but demon chill of the deep has a speed reduction of 70%,not 100% and nirvana daggers *can* reach -0.15

Yes,this may become a big,big BIG waste of crystals and coins (i don't think will be so easy to have 3 -0.05 on 3 addons lol) but as said demon is the expensive path so...enjoy b:laugh
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm not so good in math but demon chill of the deep has a speed reduction of 70%,not 100% and nirvana daggers *can* reach -0.15

Yes,this may become a big,big BIG waste of crystals and coins (i don't think will be so easy to have 3 -0.05 on 3 addons lol) but as said demon is the expensive path so...enjoy b:laugh

nirvana daggers can NOT get to -.15

you get 1 major stat and 2 minor stats. the interval are only in the minor stats
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just choose depending on which will NOT make u a squishyER sin. Most of the sins i go nirvana with grab aggro fast but they also die AS fast its pathetic. (limited to PvE)b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just choose depending on which will NOT make u a squishyER sin. Most of the sins i go nirvana with grab aggro fast but they also die AS fast its pathetic. (limited to PvE)b:surrender

probably because they didnt refine their armor, only their weapon b:surrender
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    probably because they didnt refine their armor, only their weapon b:surrender
    no they refined it...
    and sharded it with all +Lv1 attack -_______- freaking useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So, seeing as the sage/demon skills for sins are out (despite the lv99 req...), I've started to consider which path I'm going to take. Looking at the skills I've noted that the sage skills have bonuses I'd most likely use more, but the demon spark is veeeeery nice looking because of the attack speed boost. b:dirty (Plus the shiny red 'splosion of color b:chuckle)

The thing is, I don't want to go demon just for the spark, but the rest of the skills aren't appealing enough to me compared to sage. I'm not a skill spammer (on mobs I tend to Rib Strike>auto attack), which is what most people are grouping sage with, but I do on occasion use other skills on bosses and whatnot that would be further amplified by sage bonuses.

What I'm getting at is, is it a good idea to shoot for a sage sin with plenty of -interval gear? Of course, theoretically I couldn't hit 5aps without using a genie skill or something (like Relentless Courage, which I already have on my str genie), but I doubt I'd ever have the coin to get a full set of -int gear, even endgame. So, all things considered, I've thought of going sage when I reach that level and then shooting for as many -int gears as possible to round out my playing style.

Anyone else have opinions on this? Should I stick to the basic idea of sage=skill spammer or go my own way? I'd rather not eventually be switching cultis seeing as I'm such a poor person. b:surrender
    Kyrael just go sage.
    I'm not sure why Trawne said you can't get -.15 on the nirv daggers because if you can get -0.1 and -.05 for the two minor bonuses like he said a long time ago, then you can have 5 aps as a sage sin under no buff.
    cape = -.05
    tome = -.05
    TT 99 LA boot + glove = -.15 interval
    TT 99 HA necklace + belt = -.05
    rank 8 = -.1
    nirv pants = -.05
    niv dagger = -.15
    Total = -.6 interval = 5 APS under no buffs.

But lets say you can't get -.15 on nirv daggers and only -.1, that puts you at 4 APS. Now you have MANY options to hit 5 attacks. Don't listen to the people who say stuff like "Oh gosh relentless courage isn't spammable" that try to turn you away from sage.
    Let me list some of your options:
    1 - If I did the math right and PWI rounds down at 0.225 to 0.2, then you only need a 10% IAS buff to reach 5 aps. This means your genie only needs 20 strength points to raise you to 5 aps using Relentless Courage. Now you have TONS of genie attribute points left for energy and vitality.
    2 - Again, if I did the math correctly, use a genie level 1 Wind Shield skill. This skill raises attack speed by 10% - for 8 seconds (like Relentless Courage) and costs 35 energy. Cooldown is ONE second for this skill. Think about this, if your genie had 140 energy then you can use it 4 times. Considering that the duration is 8 seconds, by the time you're done using it 4 times, you're just about ready to use it again.
    4 - Whenever your Slipstream procs, you will hit 5 aps.
    3 - There are other things, like cleric RB or the potion that gives you 25% IAS.

In my honest opinion, Sage Rib Strike > Demon Rib Strike. People say it's useless even against barbs with high HP, but I respectfully disagree. Lets say you're fighting someone with 5000 HP (a very reasonable amount that shouldn't be considered endgame). Hit them with rib strike first, and you just did: base physical damage + 100% weapon damage + 4495 damage + 500 hit points of your opponent regardless of their defenses. I don't know about you, but to me an extra 500 hit points on a heavy armor user with over 13k physical defense is beautiful.

There are also a lot of people saying that the demon versions of Bloodpaint/Maze steps are better. Lol. Step into the archer forum and they'll tell you how underpowered evasion is in this game. No matter how much evasion I stack, low levels always seems to be able to hit me. I believe it's because evasion works in a way of decreasing returns. You get to a point where stacking more evasion helps you less and less. All things considered, magic bypasses evasion and will never miss you due to your evasion %.

I Love Focused Mind. It has saved me so many times, especially in PvP. This wizard undined + genie poison amped + BIDS me for 1 damage. I won that fight only because of Focused Mind. Sage Focused Mind is ridiculous in my opinion - it means that out of every 3 hits you take (magic or physical), 1 of those attacks will have their damage nullified.

Lastly, I wanted to tell you that if you do skill spamming, the best way to go about that is to create lock-combos. People tell you that demon is better for this, but I'd also tell you differently. In long locking combos that last for a more than 50 seconds, Throatcut is essential. In all my lock-combos, Throatcut is the most often used skill - it's 8 second cooldown and 4 second lock are a godsend. Please consider this - in one of my combos I use Throatcut 10 times - BUT I only have a 59.9% chance of hitting the seal effect every single time, thus creating a perfect combo. Imho, 59.9% isn't reliable. Guess what? Sage Throatcut hits seal 100% of the time, everytime.

All in all, I believe demon sins can deal more damage than sage sins, but when they fight against each other, the sage will win. Even if a demon sin could swing 5 times a second at you with daggers and Chill of the Deep on (+30 Atk. Lvs), your spark gives you a 25% damage reduction (not to mention also either a 33.3% chance to nullify damage or a 66.6% to negate a status ailment).

This is coming from a demon sin.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's not exactly easy or cheap to get all of that interval gear and before you do, the attack speed boost from demon spark helps. Not everyone instantly gets 4 or 5 aps when they hit 100. Most are stuck at around 2 aps for quite some time and in this case, demon spark definitely puts you ahead.

If you actually somehow cash shopped or spent long enough on this game to get those end game interval equips, then it's still a matter of preference for skill spam (sage) or interval (demon) in terms of PvP namely TW.

If you're going for one of those AoE nuke builds, then ok, sage is better because its AoEs are better and a better focused mind + sage spark might help you survive long enough when you unstealth in the middle of a group of people to restealth after they're dead.

If you're doing interval and popping out of stealth to kill someone then re-stealthing, then demon is better regardless if sage can get 5 aps with pots/genie. For one, longer stuns is better to kill someone before they can react. Demon still ends up with more dps with chill + spark + genie/pots.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Just Showing what a Cash Shop Sage Sin could Do

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fe80014d60163227

(No shards, just look at Interval at a constant rate oh +25% damage reduction + the Bloodpaint they going to be getting off the target they hitting)

If i put shards/refines in those, i think this sin could in fact live with constant fire on him as he attacks and kills a barb in about 5 secs? *shrugs*
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Suiten_satsu - Sanctuary
    Suiten_satsu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Kyrael just go sage.
    I'm not sure why Trawne said you can't get -.15 on the nirv daggers because if you can get -0.1 and -.05 for the two minor bonuses like he said a long time ago, then you can have 5 aps as a sage sin under no buff.

i agree on Trawne, if u really could get -0.1 why settle for -.15 if -.2 is possible? i mean even on gold OHT weapons max int reduction u can get is -0.05.. ijs.. ^^
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    nirvana daggers can NOT get to -.15

you get 1 major stat and 2 minor stats. the interval are only in the minor stats
    Kyrael just go sage.
    There is no -0.1 int for the minor bonus. Therefore the max on a nirvana is -0.05 + -0.05.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Just Showing what a Cash Shop Sage Sin could Do

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fe80014d60163227

That shows a base max dmg of 1.6k... which is really not that impressive... mine's at 4.8k with a TT80 at 98. 1.6k is, what, maybe 5k or 6k dmg after triple spark? I have over 10k dmg after spark. With the same interval gears and interval daggers, I'll be at 4 aps with much much higher damage per hit. Claws aren't that great on Sins ijs.
  • _Nettuno_ - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    *i don't know how to quote part of the post,so i'll copy and paste*

""cape = -.05
    tome = -.05
    TT 99 LA boot + glove = -.15 interval
    TT 99 HA necklace + belt = -.05
    rank 8 = -.1
    nirv pants = -.05
    niv dagger = -.15""

-Very good equip,i'm saving (and i'll kill myself in TT) to have it. Don't know, pwdatabase say the nirvana dagger get up to 3 addons (first) and a unique addon, so if -0.15 is not possible it's cause an interval cap, and i don't know anything about that (my bad b:surrender)

""But lets say you can't get -.15 on nirv daggers and only -.1, that puts you at 4 APS. Now you have MANY options to hit 5 attacks. Don't listen to the people who say stuff like "Oh gosh relentless courage isn't spammable" that try to turn you away from sage.
    Let me list some of your options:
    1 - If I did the math right and PWI rounds down at 0.225 to 0.2, then you only need a 10% IAS buff to reach 5 aps. This means your genie only needs 20 strength points to raise you to 5 aps using Relentless Courage. Now you have TONS of genie attribute points left for energy and vitality.
    2 - Again, if I did the math correctly, use a genie level 1 Wind Shield skill. This skill raises attack speed by 10% - for 8 seconds (like Relentless Courage) and costs 35 energy. Cooldown is ONE second for this skill. Think about this, if your genie had 140 energy then you can use it 4 times. Considering that the duration is 8 seconds, by the time you're done using it 4 times, you're just about ready to use it again.
    4 - Whenever your Slipstream procs, you will hit 5 aps.
    3 - There are other things, like cleric RB or the potion that gives you 25% IAS.""

-Yes, using genie u can reash 5 APS but, as i said in my last post, this make your genie "busy". In order to kill someone you should not just reach that attack rate, u should be able to attack and hit, if your opponent keep on run away will be totally useless. In my opinion occult ice it's a great skill, a must for a "demon assassin's genie" or for any interval char, so u can't "waste" your genie using any other skill.

""In my honest opinion, Sage Rib Strike > Demon Rib Strike. People say it's useless even against barbs with high HP, but I respectfully disagree. Lets say you're fighting someone with 5000 HP (a very reasonable amount that shouldn't be considered endgame). Hit them with rib strike first, and you just did: base physical damage + 100% weapon damage + 4495 damage + 500 hit points of your opponent regardless of their defenses. I don't know about you, but to me an extra 500 hit points on a heavy armor user with over 13k physical defense is beautiful.""

-Yes, i agree. Demon rib is my opinion is better when you solo a boss (65% reduciont of attack rate + 100% interrupt will make the boss almost armless). For any other use sage rib is better.(i repeat, personal opinion)

""There are also a lot of people saying that the demon versions of Bloodpaint/Maze steps are better. Lol. Step into the archer forum and they'll tell you how underpowered evasion is in this game. No matter how much evasion I stack, low levels always seems to be able to hit me. I believe it's because evasion works in a way of decreasing returns. You get to a point where stacking more evasion helps you less and less. All things considered, magic bypasses evasion and will never miss you due to your evasion %.

I Love Focused Mind. It has saved me so many times, especially in PvP. This wizard undined + genie poison amped + BIDS me for 1 damage. I won that fight only because of Focused Mind. Sage Focused Mind is ridiculous in my opinion - it means that out of every 3 hits you take (magic or physical), 1 of those attacks will have their damage nullified.""

-Agree whit these points too, many many archers QQ about how **** evasion is and how unfair is that a barb still hit em even if they use the 1000% evasion buff (not 80% or 50% but 1000%!!!). Even whit a good use of the evasion, 33% focused mind it's a fking (sorry for the bad word) overpowered skill and 3% it's amazing. Never forget of 20 minutes of wolf embrem, even if it's lowered to 20% (i HATE 30 seconds buff, sometimes i forget to use it...sage assassins will never have this problem).

In the end yes, most of the sage's (if not almost all) skills are better but again, i belive that demon assassin don't relly need skills, his game it's all around the spark.
    Just think about this: demon spark from distance and shadow teleport (ISTANT 35 METERS 5 SECONDS STUN, incredible overpowered) and auto attack=win. Is still alive? Occult ice.
    Power dush: everyone say the sage version is better but once again it has 30% chance of freeze the target for 3 seconds and this is all u need to kill someone (15 swings+chill of the deep+40% rage amp). This skill is made for demon (always my opinion) cause the auto attack after the animation.

Last word: anyone know that 3 spark take u out from the stealth. This force a skill spammer assassin to use the 2 spark cause the long animation of the 3 spark that can end the surprise effect and give to the opponent all the time he/she need to run away. Once again an useless addon like the one gave to the shadow walk (faster animation so lowered the casting time) make you able to spark from distance and return to stealth (maybe running near the opponent whit the longer wind push).

All demon's skill round around the demon spark, so are not so strong by themself but become superb if used in the proper way.

I see the sage assassin very very good as solo class,maybe using heavy armor and fist/decide to always have 5 APS, this cause the long time of the sage buffs that allow you to use dagger again just when u need to rebuff.(a real pve monster)

For pvp/pk demon look better suited (my opinion)

b:bye
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I see the sage assassin very very good as solo class,maybe using heavy armor and fist/decide to always have 5 APS, this cause the long time of the sage buffs that allow you to use dagger again just when u need to rebuff.(a real pve monster)

Seriously if you're going to use fists/claws and HA, then you might as well be a BM. They can actually use skills and have a mastery for the weapon.

Sage is better at frost runs. Demon is better at boss killing. Sage in TW is better suited to stack attack levels and aoe while demon should pick off robes and other squishies at the back. That's what it comes down to between sage vs demon.