[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A) The servers are undergoing matianence, they will be up in a few hours

and

B)NecroPost.jpg
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Oh god it is a necro lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    anyone not seeing the closedown warnings needs to take a moment to clean off their screen and their glasses. they are very plainly posted on all channels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As you can see im from lost city. . i saw a 45 min warning, believe a 30 min, and many others.
  • chosendude
    chosendude Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    cant they do one server at a time?so they dont need to close everything?
  • chosendude
    chosendude Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Use this thread to vent about the broken warnings. I will keep updating this post until I confirm what each server experienced.

Dreamweaver - There was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Harshlands - Apparently there was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Heavens Tear - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Lost City - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Sanctuary - Apparently just a 15 second warning too.

It seems that the west coast servers got a 15 countdown warning while the east coasts got nothing (not including discussion/announcements by players via the WC).

I think the servers are actually still running, but only allowing pings from the site. Basically they've restricted outside access.

in rising tide they where 250sec warning
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm so glad this was a necro, I was sincerely wtf'd for a few seconds when I read about anni packs lmao. tt21.gif
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They do have lives and need to go to bed sometime, so that would be a no.

Just sit patiently, and stop posting in a dead thread.
    Necromancy: Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread. Posting in a dead (necro) thread will cause it to be locked. Repeated posting of dead threads can result in a ban from forums/game.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    chosendude wrote: »

So... you saw the warning for maint, yet went and necro'd a topic to ask why you couldn't get on....

Are you attempting to troll or are you really that stupid?
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm so glad this was a necro, I was sincerely wtf'd for a few seconds when I read about anni packs lmao. tt21.gif

same b:chuckle had to look at the news again and was liek wait .. tiger packs were still in the shop no? then i saw the date b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If necro'ing posts is bad, why don't they just purge them from the search results or something? I know if I'm looking for an answer, and I go to search for it, the stuff I find is usually not up to date (or at the very least - most recent) and it's not like I can post in that thread to inquire about it because I'd be necro'ing it. Or maybe do like... an autolock after so many days of no posts? Letting people have the ability to necro a thread is just temptation, lol. Unfortunate people that are ignorant to the last post's date are just flamed for falling into this temptation :P

Oh, I know.... I'll go throw this into the suggestions thread. Unless one is already there that is super old. Which is worse; necro'ing a thread or reposting one that already exists even though it's super old? Just PM me the answer unless you really feel like continuing this thread even past it's death b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Poltergheist - Heavens Tear
    Poltergheist - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    er..
    i saw a warning 15minutes before.
    and 45 minutes before..

Soo. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poltergheist; 9x Veno.
    Married to a Herc. Infatuated by a Kowlin.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If necro'ing posts is bad, why don't they just purge them from the search results or something? I know if I'm looking for an answer, and I go to search for it, the stuff I find is usually not up to date (or at the very least - most recent) and it's not like I can post in that thread to inquire about it because I'd be necro'ing it. Or maybe do like... an autolock after so many days of no posts? Letting people have the ability to necro a thread is just temptation, lol. Unfortunate people that are ignorant to the last post's date are just flamed for falling into this temptation :P

Oh, I know.... I'll go throw this into the suggestions thread. Unless one is already there that is super old. Which is worse; necro'ing a thread or reposting one that already exists even though it's super old? Just PM me the answer unless you really feel like continuing this thread even past it's death b:chuckle

Because others assume it's a new thread, and reply like these:
    As you can see im from lost city. . i saw a 45 min warning, believe a 30 min, and many others.
    chosendude wrote: »

I have not played PWI at all in several days. Few posters have realised this thread is not just out dated, but (way) more than a month old.

In plain English, old and long since dead threads are very likely to contain outdated information which can lead to false rumours, irrelevant or outdated information to spread and cause confusion. In this case, it's caused some to assume that I posted a thread saying there was no warning during yesterday's/this morning's maintenance when in actual fact it's only relevant to several maintenances a few months ago.

Also some people (like me) hate seeing old threads be revived because unwary readers see their (embarrassing) noob-ish posts thinking it's new. Everyone's knowledge, opinions, experience and attitude/behaviour/etc change all the time.

Unfortunately ever since Spoons left the administration has seemed to turn a blind eye on thread necroing. Now trolls and new players that don't know better can happily go on resurrecting old and long-since-dead threads without paying the consequences let alone knowing what they have done is wrong. It would indeed be nice if long-since-dead threads get automatically locked.

I hoped the moderation would have improved ever since Kon had been elected, but in reality it has just balanced out Andracil's departure. b:surrender

/inb4deadandirrelevantthreadlock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, an old thread auto-lock would be helpful, but I'm not so sure it's feasible with this forum tool. In any case, I'll check it out.
This discussion has been closed.