The lack of server shut down warnings

Options
Drazo - Dreamweaver
Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Use this thread to vent about the broken warnings. I will keep updating this post until I confirm what each server experienced.

Dreamweaver - There was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Harshlands - Apparently there was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Heavens Tear - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Lost City - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Sanctuary - Apparently just a 15 second warning too.

It seems that the west coast servers got a 15 countdown warning while the east coasts got nothing (not including discussion/announcements by players via the WC).

I think the servers are actually still running, but only allowing pings from the site. Basically they've restricted outside access.
Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
Post edited by Drazo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No warning. Just "Server shutting down in 15 seconds"

Though some people knew it was going to shut down at 1AM EST....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We had 15 second warning.....but all of us in World Chat about the Packs might have distracted them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CooperDude - Lost City
    CooperDude - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All servers show green on the PWI home page... b:laugh
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This upset me more than the anniversary packs. Not that we wasn't warned on the forums, but they are increasingly getting sloppy with the system messages. They shut down late, or early. No warning.. or little to no warning. I thought they got the times wrong again and went back to what I was doing to only get a 15 second warning that lasted 9 seconds and poof (DC).

Yea.. their team needs to get on the same page about this. Either they shut down at the right server time or warn everyone when it will be. Nothing different than the normal crapola tho!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In Heavens Tear a message said that the servers were gonna shut down in 15seconds, 5 seconds later I was disconnected. I guess time goes faster where the server isb:victory.

Ohh well, my squad was only 2 monsters away from Pyrosteosis in a BH69, thank goodness we didn't wine or else they would have gone to waste. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    just a 15 second warning
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yep no warning, it was definitely annoying, but would have been a lot easier to overlook, if the dumb POS anniversary packs weren't back, but thats for another thread.

Ten Percent annoyance of the lack of OFFICIAL warning for shutdown, 5,000,000,000,000,000 (sideways 8) annoyance about the return of the annivesary packs due to what they will most likely due to the non cash shop players.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Drak - Lost City
    Drak - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All green 'Online' at the forum PWI home page.

I missed the 15 second warning, just dc'd then could not re-connect.
  • Sumara - Heavens Tear
    Sumara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm...I don't think I got the message about the warning...then again... I got distracted when a mini-boss showed up right in front of me...after that, just focused on killing it (or try to, since I didn't look at the time.)
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    was given a 15 second warning: then kicked in 5 seconds... For all the money people put into this game: they should be able to get a server which would only require a monthly maint - or even a bi-weekly.

Or a way to run the servers while doing maint. But, oh well. Nice to know the customers mean **** to them. :/
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Ryohki - Harshlands
    Ryohki - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All green 'Online' at the forum PWI home page.

I missed the 15 second warning, just dc'd then could not re-connect.

Same..I don't recall seeing a message b:surrender
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm..Didn't see any warnings...just disconnected here!b:angryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yeah. Was in the middle of a convo (guess about what...) when I got the disconnection confirmation popup. No warnings at all on DW server. I was expecting it to d/c at some point, I'll admit - had heard of the maint and knew it was most likely gonna go down at some point... but still, I like THESE system messages. They're actually useful.

I dunno what happened, but coupled with the "event", surely won't help their case -_-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    cant blame them. PWI staff were so eager to thrust anniversary packs back in to milk more money they could totally careless about warnings and sort. luckily i was in my alt, but some friends were running BH 69 wined.
    edit: and even worse for those fighting a mob cause for some reason unlike most other games i have played when u get DC in pwi u remain in server begging for mobs and PKs to kill u barefisted. really, nice one guysb:victory
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    no countdown ftw b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was in the middle of a TT run; I had already footed the ulti subs and the squad was just about to get drops.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I thought I saw a warning at 1 hour before, but I logged off shortly after that anyway, so I can't really say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I posted on WC that apparently maint is in 2 mins, but there hasn't been any warning.

Someone whispered me asking me if it really was supposed to be maint.

Just as I was gonna whisper them back and say "well yeah, but this might just be a late, sad attempt on an April Fools' joke"...DC. Nothing more, nothing less.

Might as well have been a sad attempt of an April Fools' joke. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    15 second ninja

no BACON?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    all i saw was the 15 sec warning, and was backing out of the game...i hope it shut down properly, not leaving me in problems.

what happened to all the pre maint funny comments from our fave tiger mod? there used to be a lightheartedness to this game, that no longer exists...b:sad

Use this thread to vent about the broken warnings. I will keep updating this post until I confirm what each server experienced.

Dreamweaver - There was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Harshlands - Apparently there was absolutely no (official) warnings or countdown at all.

Heavens Tear - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Lost City - Apparently, there was no red system/GM announcements at all and there was only a 15 second server shutdown countdown.

Sanctuary - Apparently just a 15 second warning too.

It seems that the west coast servers got a 15 countdown warning while the east coasts got nothing (not including discussion/announcements by players via the WC).

I think the servers are actually still running, but only allowing pings from the site. Basically they've restricted outside access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    my personal opinion, instances should be immune to the shutdown for a time of 15 minutes. that's how long it typically takes me to solo calcid and herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadeexile
    jadeexile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Didn't get any warning on dreamweaver, so I was helping a friend's faction do an fb79 (wined). We got kicked out on the way to the last 2 bosses, not fun.
  • bossy231
    bossy231 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i was on during the last shutdown (on Dreamweaver)..paid 5k to tele in, i think, to do my bh drake squad..as some as we cleared the beginning..b:angry i server shut downb:irritated..so gms, can i get my 5k back..i know its nothing..but its the principal of the matter.b:question
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Apparently, Earlier in the forums I read a note from spoons stating " there will be no maintenance this week", lest it be wrong by any chance. Sorry to say, but the lack of communications with the players was horrible, many were kicked with out warning is what i am saying.

Also,side note... I am a Gold buyer from time to time, when the anniversary packs came back, I got utterly disappointing in the PWI team selling them selves out a bit, i am sorry buy think about this, Gold buyers , people like myself have even considered how non buyers feel, when i see the prices in Gold auction, even i feel saddened to see the level of greed.......

If there was no maintenance last week you can see this following quote "
    NOTICE: No Maintenance this week! - 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM

You've heard right folks, this week we will not be having a server maintenance.

Feel free to enjoy the dungeons and daily events without the fear of having your play time cut off by a pesky maintenance!

Have a great week!
    "

That Quote Above was stated by spoons for that week, as we all seen last weeks maintenance was postponed...

Why many may ask, simple..the amount of graphical design, and computer coding is much harder and not simplistic as many may see it as to be....I except the fact there trying there best to make the game funner...but for once in your life ( this is directed to players) Step in there Shoes for once, stop being greedy and understand that WORK TAKES A HELL AMOUNT OF TIME, they are not gonna Bull **** it and allow loop holes in the programming to occur in the game

TO THE PLAYERS READ AND CLICK THIS SITE
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=469112

Look at the BIG PICTURE, Gms Did State it in the Forums to be Warned....It was for your own good that you should of been carefully...this is to the players side fault...Gms are also to blame in some sorts, the unsure fact that They Forgot to State Server Shut down for Maintenance of Full 3 Min Were Never Shown...Both Parties are at fault...But more inquiringly , GM'S had goofed a bit too, in forgetting us players,...But Gms are Human too , so they are intialed to do mistakes...there not god dam robots >_>

MY MAIN POINT IS, LAY OFF THE GM'S PEOPLE, Not Only DID they ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO WARN US, THEY ARE ALSO SETTING UP A NEW SETTING OF CHARACTERS FOR US TO PLAY...SO Choose, HAPpy to Play New characters or QQ for the rest of ur Life about 1 mistake That HAPPENED!!!

TO GMS: I Hope You read this and Reply to End this Argumentation Problem, If possible by answering/closing it wud be the best option cause many people will storm in and start cussing with no regards to the consequences
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    most don't even check the forums. but they shouldn't have done that period. they should have given at least 3 minutes warning, reguardless of how they "forgot" to. it's a lack of respect for those of us who play the game.

let me quote something earlier said: "I was halfway through a bh79 wined" do you think they would have STARTED it knowing they only had 15 seconds till shutdown? I know I wouldn't have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Look at the BIG PICTURE, Gms Did State it in the Forums to be Warned....It was for your own good that you should of been carefully...this is to the players side fault...Gms are also to blame in some sorts, the unsure fact that They Forgot to State Server Shut down for Maintenance of Full 3 Min Were Never Shown...Both Parties are at fault...But more inquiringly , GM'S had goofed a bit too, in forgetting us players,...But Gms are Human too , so they are intialed to do mistakes...there not god dam robots >_>

MY MAIN POINT IS, LAY OFF THE GM'S PEOPLE, Not Only DID they ACCIDENTALLY FORGOT TO WARN US, THEY ARE ALSO SETTING UP A NEW SETTING OF CHARACTERS FOR US TO PLAY...SO Choose, HAPpy to Play New characters or QQ for the rest of ur Life about 1 mistake That HAPPENED!!!

[/COLOR]

First off not everyone who visits the forums saw that thread, I visit it in my SPARE time, I was unable to browse it, (during the time before the 'phantom' update) and therefore did NOT get the message, argo I was clueless, all I seen was a couple of messages in wcs/faction chat warning people of it, but no time was giving. Also just how many of the game players do NOT come to the forums at all, they got no warning at all,(except for MAYBE they seen a mention of it from people, which can be somewhat unreliable at times) the thing is that a LOT of people rely on a message that EVERYONE will be sure to see, in the game on the system announcments. I understand that coding can be a literal pain in the ****, but this was a error on THERE part not the players. There were undoubtedly quite a few people who did not know a thing about the maintenance, had they known they would have made better plans about whether or not to start something, like a bh, or fb.

As for it being both of our faults I can see your point, but still this starts with the dev's/gm's, sure they are real busy with doing various things, but whether they like to admit it or not they do have the ability to partially control the economy of the servers. I.E. putting a cap on the gold prices, which I realize isn't a popular idea, (on either side) but hell it's a start. Like you said gms are indeed only humans, and humans are more then capable of making a mistake or two, hince why I hate coding... one mistake the whole thing falls apart, and its annoying to go back and fix/deal with the complaints of the consumer... err in this case the players. <--- this on top of the return of spammer duke, did not HELP at all with the lack of warning for the maint.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nihillae - Heavens Tear
    Nihillae - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This isn't some **** operation running on a few 386's out of some guys garage, this is a professional business who should have policies and procedures in place for taking their product offline. That said, they have an excellent track record with in-game notice of shut-down, and I'm not going to assume that an occasional incident is indicative of anything more sinister. b:thanks

Personally I would like to see better adherence to a strict deadline for maintenance, so that the customers can receive a consistent and reliable gaming experience. Same time, every week. Period. If the update ain't done in time? Too bad, maintenance is on Tuesday at 1o sharp each week. Perhaps this extra week could be spent on QC. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chosendude
    chosendude Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i still cant conect to anny server how come???
  • chosendude
    chosendude Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    or...in how manny time am i suposed to be able to play
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.