Inter-Server PK World Cup?

Options

Comments

• TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sais its only 1 team from each server that will face other servers "winning team". So doesn't automatically mean a pvp server will win. A pve server might have a really strong uber cash shopped 6 man team as well that are used to pvp together. Endgame players do participate in world pvp on a pve servers as well.

I do think Lost City has the bigger chance of winning tho, server had the most experienced pkers and biggest cash shoppers. Specially if top/enemy guilds would work together to handpick and create a team.

Also this is on CN-Server of course, they have loads of events we never get here so dont get your hopes up for any pvp World Cup.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ anyone thinking anyone but a -interval sin would win.

Stealth -> spark -> GG

You obviously have never seen the barbarians, and multi-weapon BM's on Lost City. Any one of them can kill a sin pretty easily.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PvP server such as Lost City has too many spoiled kids who enjoy killing people to raise their ego, thanks to their parents' Credit Card. And they define their successes by their ability to charge more Zen to earn better gears. Good job. Bravo!
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I can tell you how this is gonna end up right now :

Uber barb potted and sharded super well vs another Uber barb potted and sharded super well

who will win

no one cause GM will fall asleep trying to watch

joking
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if LC has most of PWI's cash shoppers. There are plenty of them on all the servers. The first cash shop 8jun was on HL.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure if LC has most of PWI's cash shoppers. There are plenty of them on all the servers. The first cash shop 8jun was on HL.

Archer: Shinzoko
    +12 nirvana bow with advanced debuff, +19 dex and +100 attack with 2 g12s(?)
    Every other piece of gear is +10 (even rings) including nirvana helm, pants and wrists and +11 event boots, grade 15 cube neck.

Barb: Zechs
    +12 nirvana axes with sacrificial strike. ~+10 cube/warsong belt ~8 armor

Wizard: Ehee

+12 8jun with 2 g12(?)s. 25k pdef.

OR Elayne

+11 nirvana weapon, 10k+ hp buffed and I'm sure getting close to 20k pdef.

Cleric: LaTrappe

**** amount of hp (vit cleric ftw)

OR RedsRose

8jun with +8 armor

Veno: Not sure who's got the best gear atm

Blademaster: Zerhee
    +11 cv claws, g15 warsong and +10 refines.

Assassin: Identical
    +12 nirvana daggers with sacrificial strike

Psychic: BittereRache
    +10 cv soulsphere and nirvana legs etc..

Just the best geared people that come to mind, some aren't as good as they can be with their gear but I'm fairly confident most endgame players on lost city have far more 6v6 pvp experience than our pve counterparts. Sure pve players have TW and what not but a 6v6 isn't tw and someone who has played this whole game against non-blue names has a much greater advantage.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You obviously have never seen the barbarians, and multi-weapon BM's on Lost City. Any one of them can kill a sin pretty easily.

35k HP barbs with nirvana gear on HL drop to -interval sins inside of 10 seconds, I fail to see how LC's BMs or Barbs will be different.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just the best geared people that come to mind, some aren't as good as they can be with their gear but I'm fairly confident most endgame players on lost city have far more 6v6 pvp experience than our pve counterparts. Sure pve players have TW and what not but a 6v6 isn't tw and someone who has played this whole game against non-blue names has a much greater advantage.

I don't doubt that LC has more PvP experienced users.

I'm pretty sure this archer isn't Shinzoko tanking Harpy Wraith either:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LghNlSUcs
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Every other piece of gear is +10 (even rings) including nirvana helm, pants and wrists and +11 event boots, grade 15 cube neck.

OR Elayne

OR RedsRose

8jun with +8 armor

DW have peopel with close to several of those too.

BM
    swordman around that bm(+12 tt100 +10 all).

Archer
    chezedude can kinda compete with that archer also (+11 8jun +10 all)
    Merangelus ( +10 8jun +10 all.) 17,6k hp buff archer

Cleric
    ArchAngel kinda.(+10 nirnava wand and +8 all except 2 +10's on i mean was. 12,3k hp buff cleric atm or so.

Wiz
    DW would get ***** i think. have +10 and a +11, adn wizzard more as tank wiz, not the scaryest dmg. see no chance there.

Barb
    steaukbarb. well +8 nirva axes. +10 nech/belt. armor sapph gems and vit shards. but still somwhere at 25k hp. dunno if he good at pvp. think dw ***** on this front also.

Veno
    Caterin or Xkat hmm both around 10k hp unbuff in arcane. +8's on caterin and +9 wep full cit and garnet gems.

Psy
    DW = doomed

Assasin
    Marusama or Aujami i gues. some +7 / +8 nirvana daggers. max itnerval i think.. even tho i think we die here too XDD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't doubt that LC has more PvP experienced users.

I'm pretty sure this archer isn't Shinzoko tanking Harpy Wraith either:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LghNlSUcs

Chezedude actually thinks archers with fists are viable in pvp. He also thinks a same geared bm would lose to a same geared archer with fists. It's sad to say but shinzoko isn't the worst cash shopper in the game. I'm not saying lost city has the best geared players, I'm simply saying you can't get much better gear than the top cash shoppers of each class. That means even if heaven's tear has more cash shoppers with OP gear it's not like lost city has none.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Chezedude actually thinks archers with fists are viable in pvp. He also thinks a same geared bm would lose to a same geared archer with fists. It's sad to say but shinzoko isn't the worst cash shopper in the game. I'm not saying lost city has the best geared players, I'm simply saying you can't get much better gear than the top cash shoppers of each class. That means even if heaven's tear has more cash shoppers with OP gear it's not like lost city has none.

On priv servers, pretty much all archers and bms have fists. But BM's always win in duels because of their sutra lol.

But any char is godlike w/ fists if you have the right gear. Goes like this as far as which char you would wanna roll fists with...

1. Bm
    2. Archer
    3. Barb
    4. veno
    5. Cleric
    6. Wizard

Aslong as you can get 2.50 int, you're all set.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Why don't just wait till we get this Event and see for ourselves? b:kiss

Instead of just saying which server is better than the others b:chuckle

I'm interested in this one too
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • oyamajio
    edited June 2010
    Options
    On priv servers, pretty much all archers and bms have fists. But BM's always win in duels because of their sutra lol.

But any char is godlike w/ fists if you have the right gear. Goes like this as far as which char you would wanna roll fists with...

1. Bm
    2. Archer
    3. Barb
    4. veno
    5. Cleric
    6. Wizard

Aslong as you can get 2.50 int, you're all set.

It's not because of Sutra.

1. When you use fist, you do physical damage. Given the same gears, BM has much better def.

2. BM can stun under fist mode.

3. Fist mastery is just too much for Archer to take.

4. Assuming no spark used, BM has Cyclone Heel to boost aps
  • oyamajio
    edited June 2010
    Options

I'm interested in this one too

Here is the place for people to share and express their thought. That's what forum is for. Don't come and act as if you're above everyone's head.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol @ anyone thinking anyone but a -interval sin would win.

Stealth -> spark -> GG
    Put it this way, I found a thread on the China forums discussing what the best 5-person team makeup would be.

As far as I could tell, the way the event is being organized is 6-people per team, no more than 1 of each class, and all players must be lvl. 100 or higher.

So why were they discussing 5-players teams instead of 6-players? Because apparently absolutely nobody was questioning that the 1st person on the team would be a 5.0 CK (translation: -interval Assassin). Apparently, it's just an accepted fact that they are the best PvP character, and this is on servers where there are plenty of other player types sporting full Rank 8 and/or Nirvana refined to +12.

My thinking behind favouring Heaven's Tear is that neither PvP nor PvE servers really have experience in 6-vs-6 battles, so I figure gear will be the more significant difference, and based on my merchanting experience it seems HT has the most wealth floating around on it.

Aw, but that's no fun. The pre-game boasting, hype, grandstanding, etc..., is always part of the fun. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont see why people complain about lag.. u start of in groups.. round of robin, after that knock out of stage.. so if you cant handle 6 vs 6, tough luck

Why all of you non lvl 100 get so excited... requirement is lvl 100, i dont want to pop the bubble of ur fancy wet dream... but someone has to...

each sever can have up to 15 teams, well not sure if arch sever got that many lvl 100, i could be wrong.

So yea.. at end of the day, great event to show off how much you have spent in this game, both TIMES and MONEY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    35k HP barbs with nirvana gear on HL drop to -interval sins inside of 10 seconds, I fail to see how LC's BMs or Barbs will be different.

If that is the case.... I must say all HL barbs are 100% fail, and HL shouldn't even be considered to be in league with Lost City. I have yet to see a barb who has equal footing as an Assassin on lost city loose to said assassin.

The only reason I've seen a BM ever loose was because he missed too much after the assassin died once and tried to stunlock.
  • Meristem - Sanctuary
    Meristem - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dang... roid is 100 =\
    that made me cry T_T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My thinking behind favouring Heaven's Tear is that neither PvP nor PvE servers really have experience in 6-vs-6 battles, so I figure gear will be the more significant difference, and based on my merchanting experience it seems HT has the most wealth floating around on it.

When you put it that way, I would imagine that LC easily has the squad v squad PvP advantage. We actually participate in group PvP on a daily basis. Sure, it's not normally just 6v6, but sometimes 2 squads vs 2 or 3, or even faction vs faction when there are as many as 15-20 on each side. There have been PvP wars with 2 or 3 factions vs 2 or 3 with the numbers easily surpassing 60 people involved. We've had what amounted to multiple faction TW on the open map.

And as for gears, Devoted posted just a couple of people with full event gears with +10 everything and +12 weapons.... There are quite a few more. So there might be more distributed wealth on your server, but there are plenty of chars on LC with very little room to improve gear or refines on our server.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    why so unsure? Q_Q
    DW have peopel with close to several of those too.

BM
    swordman around that bm(+12 tt100 +10 all).

Archer
    Merangelus ( +10 8jun +10 all.) 17,6k hp buff archer

Cleric
    ArchAngel kinda.(+10 nirnava wand and +8 all except 2 +10's on i mean was. 12,3k hp buff cleric atm or so.

Wiz
    DW would get ***** i think. have +10 and a +11, adn wizzard more as tank wiz, not the scaryest dmg. see no chance there.

Barb
    steaukbarb. well +8 nirva axes. +10 nech/belt. armor sapph gems and vit shards. but still somwhere at 25k hp. dunno if he good at pvp. think dw ***** on this front also. we also has PoohBear :3 last time me was in frost with him, he had moar than 25k hp. o.o' but me pretty sure he doesn't pvp much.

Veno
    Caterin or Xkat hmm both around 10k hp unbuff in arcane. +8's on caterin and +9 wep full cit and garnet gems.

Psy
    DW = doomed

Assasin
    Marusama or Aujami i gues. some +7 / +8 nirvana daggers. max itnerval i think.. even tho i think we die here too XDD
    Put it this way, I found a thread on the China forums discussing what the best 5-person team makeup would be.

5 extremely cash shopped assassins, start off stealthed, triple spark then 2 gank cleric & 3 gank barb, force stealth, spark then gank bm/barb
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LC would win, HL 2nd.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LC would win, HL 2nd.

Cough, I love the stereotype of 'we play on a PVP server, so we should know PVP better'

I want to see for myself how our top PvPers compare with those of other server's with my own eyes.

Hope this is something that will be implemented soon, I'm curious to see how I'd rank skill-wise as a BM.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    why so unsure? Q_Q

Cos neither of those do i find really skilled. they have the gear, not the experience. we'r a pve server, they win easy cos of the gear difference, but im sure would suffer if going against ppl on LC with around same gear.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

OR Elayne

OR RedsRose

8jun with +8 armor

I was expecting myself to be 'wowed' by the gears you listed but theres a crapload of these high end pple on sanctuary too, so gears not a factor here or possibly any other server. The only diff. would be the real time PvP experience. But again this tournament is a 5min thingy per in the final stages so i guess whoever is better finishing off the other faster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    stay away from lost city b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was expecting myself to be 'wowed' by the gears you listed but theres a crapload of these high end pple on sanctuary too, so gears not a factor here or possibly any other server. The only diff. would be the real time PvP experience. But again this tournament is a 5min thingy per in the final stages so i guess whoever is better finishing off the other faster...

That's what I'm saying. Lost city doesn't have the highest number of OP geared players. I know that for sure, what I'm saying is since it is 6v6 our top 6's gears can't be beat by much so really which server has the most cash shoppers isn't the best argument since it's only the best six. It's safe to assume that people who play this game for pvp will be better.

What I'm guessing they did for the inter-server pvp tourney was make clones of the characters on a special server. What I want to see is 6 people get selected to represent their server by vote. They get to pick their gear and then fight on a special server. I know of a lot of people who are really good at pvp on each server aren't #1 due to massive gear differences. I really couldn't guess which server would win in that.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's what I'm saying. Lost city doesn't have the highest number of OP geared players. I know that for sure, what I'm saying is since it is 6v6 our top 6's gears can't be beat by much so really which server has the most cash shoppers isn't the best argument since it's only the best six. It's safe to assume that people who play this game for pvp will be better.

What I'm guessing they did for the inter-server pvp tourney was make clones of the characters on a special server. What I want to see is 6 people get selected to represent their server by vote. They get to pick their gear and then fight on a special server. I know of a lot of people who are really good at pvp on each server aren't #1 due to massive gear differences. I really couldn't guess which server would win in that.

o.o'
    can me be cloned in me ban hamster gear?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    It's not because of Sutra.

1. When you use fist, you do physical damage. Given the same gears, BM has much better def.

2. BM can stun under fist mode.

3. Fist mastery is just too much for Archer to take.

4. Assuming no spark used, BM has Cyclone Heel to boost aps

2. Archers can use winged shell and wings of grace under fist mode

3. Archers have blazing arrow for a fire boost to all normal attacks

4. Archers have 5.00 APS naturally (more -interval armor)
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Archer
    Cos neither of those do i find really skilled. they have the gear, not the experience.

That is what you like to think when he tears you down in less than 10 secs in tw

b:chuckle

Cheze is very experienced. He knows his stuff...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That is what you like to think when he tears you down in less than 10 secs in tw

b:chuckle

Cheze is very experienced. He knows his stuff...

:o Cheeze still playing?
    Usually I used to see him on forums, haven't anymore in a long while, thought he quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]