Inter-Server PK World Cup?

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Google Translate may be misleading me, since "cross-service" might not actually mean server vs. server, but it appears the China forums are all abuzz with players gearing up for some sort of cross-server World-Cup PK tournament that was just announced.

Google Translate Link

Anybody have any further insight into what this might be?

- EDIT -

Found some more info. It looks like there's a bunch of qualifying same-server battles, followed by the winners moving on to a final inter-server battle. That probably means the China GMs are planning to just manually copy the various finalists' characters to some sort of competition server, rather than adding some new feature to the code.

Google Translate Link #2

If PWI organized something similar my money would have to be on Heaven's Tear, since they're the oldest PvE server meaning they have the deepest talent pool to draw from.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Maybe it's an inter-server PK world cup
    o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    o.o

I think you're onto something here.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Google Translate may be misleading me, since "cross-service" might not actually mean server vs. server, but it appears the China forums are all abuzz with players gearing up for some sort of cross-server World-Cup PK tournament that was just announced.

Google Translate Link

Anybody have any further insight into what this might be?

They're allowing players to sign up for an inter-server pk event. People from different servers can pk vs. each other in squads.

It's in tournament style so I guess there will be a final winning squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    o.o
    Thank you, Mr. Smarty-Pants. b:chuckle

What I'm wondering is whether Google Translate is correct or not. If it's really a server vs. server battle, then it's only a matter of time before something similar comes to PWI. However, this is one of those things we've been told will never ever ever happen, so I'm reluctant to believe it just yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you, Mr. Smarty-Pants. b:chuckle

What I'm wondering is whether Google Translate is correct or not. If it's really a server vs. server battle, then it's only a matter of time before something similar comes to PWI. However, this is one of those things we've been told will never ever ever happen, so I'm reluctant to believe it just yet.
    yeah its a all server vs each other pk battle tournament. PW japan has also had that a couple times already. Even if we did have that it would probably be a while cause we're so behind compared to their updates
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yeah its a all server vs each other pk battle tournament. PW japan has also had that a couple times already. Even if we did have that it would probably be a while cause we're so behind compared to their updates

And I'd just stay in a safe zone, because I hate PVP.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010

this
    +1 , ive never pked and i never will o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If PWI organized something similar my money would have to be on Heaven's Tear, since they're the oldest PvE server meaning they have the deepest talent pool to draw from.

Umm......wut?

If anything lost city would win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh, like RoidAbuse said its a sign up system. And it IS limited. I think they take each servers best and have the finals as a cross-server tournament.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh, like RoidAbuse said its a sign up system. And it IS limited. I think they take each servers best and have the finals as a cross-server tournament.

Oh good.

/10chars
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OMFG i would give my right ******** for this if I still had one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enny - Sanctuary
    Enny - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    would be nicee
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This would be amazing....a whole new bunch of ppls for me to murderb:laugh
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -write down Jiblet name on a 'certain' notebook-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    oo.OO I've been written down - does that mean I am special??? or Speshuuullllll?b:laugh
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -30s later Jiblet was killed by kunkun-

Death Note Powah >;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -30s later Jiblet was killed by kunkun-

Death Note Powah >;o

b:chuckle I dont think it works so long in front b:chuckle

I wouldn't participate since I'd get 1 shot by close to everyone & their mamas but I sure as hell would like to watch b:chuckle Or find out who won

-50G Bounty for whoever nails Jiblet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    They should have inter-server guild wars.

Let lost City bring in its mammoth guilds of CS'ers.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010

-50G Bounty for whoever nails Jiblet

I hope by "nails" you mean kill - I'm not that kinda guyb:laugh

Go on Vilky, bring your barb out of retirement so I can murderalise you some moreb:victory
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    that would be awesome. They actually had that system in another game I played. Two servers would fight each other and the one with the most k/d ratio at the end got x2 exp and gold for a week. Good idea right? b:laugh

But it was pretty neat seeing a couple thousand or so players fighting.
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This looks like loads of fun b:dirty I can't wait to be able to kill Red in pvp b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    But it was pretty neat seeing a couple thousand or so players fighting.
    I can just see the lag fest... Or not see anything...

A selected few from certain lvl ranges I think would be better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010

lol, this is a PK event right? Yeah, I'm sure a PvE server would win that b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    lol, this is a PK event right? Yeah, I'm sure a PvE server would win that b:chuckle

Depends on what the rules would be. Don't think the PK serv would neceserily have the win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmmm honestly i think it would be an awesome event only thing i say would make it to where u dont drop stuff if it will be for an event. i can see it now if otherwise ppl whining about losing stuff and all the sorts x.x so maybe put it in an area like the TW area. i could just imagine it 6man team in a FFA it would be great :D
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Depends on what the rules would be. Don't think the PK serv would neceserily have the win.

Yeah, I guess if it were a dueling event, the PvE server would have an advantage. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lol at people thinking any server besides lost city would win.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lol at people thinking any server besides lost city would win.
    lol at ppl thinking server and not money will determine the winner , I can tell you that there are alot of ppl on non pvp servers that spend thousands on gear. This event is really smart . It allows the winner to have ultimate bragging rights and in order to shut them up you gotta out pay them.

+1 for epic money making powers
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    kanel321 wrote: »
    lol at ppl thinking server and not money will determine the winner , I can tell you that there are alot of ppl on non pvp servers that spend thousands on gear. This event is really smart . It allows the winner to have ultimate bragging rights and in order to shut them up you gotta out pay them.

+1 for epic money making powers

Money is the factor.

But... PvE people spending money dont get to really test it. The difference:

PvP: Spending thousands on things known to work in PvP.
    PvE: Spending thousands on things they think might work in PvP.

Furthermore, PvP servers retain heavy CS'ers a lot longer than PvE servers. Not much to do once you have all the end-game gear on a server where everyones names are blue.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lol @ anyone thinking anyone but a -interval sin would win.

Stealth -> spark -> GG