Archer 79 skills

furix
furix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Archer
Which one is better Elven Alacrity or Blessing of the Condor?
Post edited by furix on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    both have their uses, but id say alacrity by far
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I find both totally useless, they are a waste of MP, money and spirit. They both have long cooldown, only last for a few seconds and alacrity takes a spark too. They are skills I can live without, so I never got them and I never will. Not sure about PVP, but for PVE, they are totally useless. I just use winged shell and second wind (genie heal) in emergencies. Sadly, Archers have the stupidest 79 skills, but at least we save some spirit. =P
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Archers have the stupidest 79 skills, but at least we save some spirit. =P

I'd say the Assassin 79 skill that heals them over time is more useless than Elven Alacrity. As for the Archer skills. I have both and they both are slightly useful however neither one is really worth getting. If you want to get one I would say Elven Alacrity. Running faster is always good and you can cast it on others as well. Even if it costs a spark it's not like archers use a lot of chi anyway. Blessing of the Condor is just sad. 1000% more evasion just means that BMs and Barbs still hit us more often than not. When I use this skill they usually hit me around 4 out of 5 times and it debuffs your evasion after using it. It can be useful in certain situations though.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    alacrity can be quite useful for pve, if a cleric gets aggro or needs more speed rushing alacrity can save thier ****
    cant be slowed or stunned during it, can save a vacuity for later
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well the speed one is good for 2 things, kiting and running thrugh dungons. and sience ur an archer kiting is very useful. get it.

the evation one i did not get till later, but if u pvp it is basicaly a 100% miss for physical atts for 6 secs, so if ya ask me usful as all hell.

if ur pve then dont listn to me and go kil some pixels and dont worie about em, but if like to have fun...... get em and go kill some mofos
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    the evation one i did not get till later, but if u pvp it is basicaly a 100% miss for physical atts for 6 secs, so if ya ask me usful as all hell.

LIES!!! This skill will never make an opponent your level miss 100% of the time. Any BM or Barb wearing an accuracy ring will still hit you more often than not.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    For PvE, Elven Alacrity is better:

1) When doing the Cube teleport, you can use it for most of the distance w/o needing Holy Path. If you do not have Holy Path on your Genie, then this alone makes Elven Alacrity worth it.

2) Against bosses, if the tank dies, you may eventually obtain aggro. If so, you can use Elven Alacrity to help kite the boss. Even after the 8 seconds is over, you should be far enough away that you can continue kiting the boss.
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    Alkaia - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This topic really got me intresting.
    I thought that the +1000% evasion gonna make all the attacks miss, but I hear here otherwise.
    Anybody that got this skill can answer this:
    1) Leave the BM/barbs and lets say another archer attacking you. out of 5 attacks he really gonna miss only 1?
    2)After using this skill its takes the "Wing of Protection" off? (what I have understood from Meanpie words)
    Thx.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    yes the skill overrides wings of protection evasion buff, so when it ends youre left with no evasion buff
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If +1000% evasion doesn't do much, then why do you care about the little evasion that wings of protection give?

And without a trial or any sort of actual numbers to back your claims up, "4 out of 5" times is just misleading.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I've spent hours just testing Blessing of the Condor on a lot of different BMs and Barbs and I can say 4 out of 5 times is an approximate number of times they hit. There isn't any math or numbers to it. Just observation. And this skill rarely makes archers and assassins miss.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    This topic really got me intresting.
    I thought that the +1000% evasion gonna make all the attacks miss, but I hear here otherwise.
    Anybody that got this skill can answer this:
    1) Leave the BM/barbs and lets say another archer attacking you. out of 5 attacks he really gonna miss only 1?

2)After using this skill its
    takes the "Wing of Protection" off?

1) No. Odds are he/she is going to hit you every time. It's the Barbs and BMs that MIGHT miss you. Same goes for Assassins

2) This is correct. Blessing of the Condor will take away the evasion effect of Wings of Protection and you will have to rebuff.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Also the alacrity overwrites your normal speed buff >.<
    But I find alacrity very useful. I can speed buff those slow-poke clerics when needed. Or myself of course to save myself occasionally.

It just sucks that when you activity alacrity, you fly forward, but when its effects are gone you'll feel like you're crawling forwards since your previous speed buff is gone too ._.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If +1000% evasion doesn't do much, then why do you care about the little evasion that wings of protection give?

It's more used for the speed boost it gives than evasion.
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Ok, thanks guys for the replay.

Now I really have to test that, cause according to pwcalc its gives around 20k+ evasion.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Ok, thanks guys for the replay.

Now I really have to test that, cause according to pwcalc its gives around 20k+ evasion.

it does, and evasion scales for ****
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i used blessing and only had 1 situation where it was useful - then nef archer used demon quichshot and missed like 10 hits in a row.. had a lough :D
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    furix wrote: »
    Elven Alacrity

its epic when you cast it on someone running towards the mobs or boss b:sin
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Aclarity = Holy Path +2 seconds (give or take) + movement debuff immunity + no waste of genie energy/stamina ;]

Its only drawbacks are the cooldown and needing a spark, but these aren't hard to manage. Plus if you're one of those rare weirdos who went sage like me, you can easily generate the necessary spark again before its cooldown is up (if you're out of combat and using it for other reasons, like going through the cube).

Sometimes when I'm bored I go to the gate at Northern Pass and cast Aclarity on newbie barbs/venos running into Lost. :P Or when I want to feel more useful, I sit at the trial chest and cast it on the newbies beginning their run back to the Lost elder. This is when I'm doing other things in the background, mind (as on its own, it would be terribly boring XD).

EDIT: I have yet to use it for negative purposes, but then again I've never met someone who I really wanted to do that to anyway (or at least, had an opportunity to do it to the same person).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've been having trouble using Alacrity effectively to grief people. The closest I've gotten is trying to get people to run off the cliffs in Seat of Torment but it never works these days... people are just too used to the 15m/s movement from Holy Path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QUESTION:
    Does Condor also use a spark like Alacrity? & What is Condor's cooldown?
    (I only got Alacrity so far)
    I've been having trouble using Alacrity effectively to grief people. The closest I've gotten is trying to get people to run off the cliffs in Seat of Torment but it never works these days... people are just too used to the 15m/s movement from Holy Path.
    ROFL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    EDIT: I have yet to use it for negative purposes, but then again I've never met someone who I really wanted to do that to anyway (or at least, had an opportunity to do it to the same person).

well, i guess that is difference between sage and demon archers:P
  • Aradorn - Harshlands
    Aradorn - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Lmao, I swear now Ill get this skill just so I can make ppl fall off and run all over again.
    The best reason I have found for this skill so far. b:thanks

EDIT: Only now realising Im posting from the other char. >.<
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    condor uses no chi(actually gives you a few ch)i, 3 min cooldown
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    THEY ARE BOTH CRAPY
    i mean 6 and 8 secs ! that is not worth getting
    1000% eva hey it is cool but look it lasts only 6 secs so it is not worth it b:angry
    max speed for 8 sec = imune to movement debuff > well u can get that without spending the spirit and coins on it > wings of grace + holy path and u got max speed for 7 secs and imune to movement debff for 15 sec

the archer 79 skils =====> NOT WORTH IT
    plz devs and GMs i am begging u : extend their effect or modifie them !! b:cry b:cry b:cry
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    THEY ARE BOTH CRAPY
    i mean 6 and 8 secs ! that is not worth getting
    1000% eva hey it is cool but look it lasts only 6 secs so it is not worth it b:angry
    max speed for 8 sec = imune to movement debuff > well u can get that without spending the spirit and coins on it > wings of grace + holy path and u got max speed for 7 secs and imune to movement debff for 15 sec

the archer 79 skils =====> NOT WORTH IT
    plz devs and GMs i am begging u : extend their effect or modifie them !! b:cry b:cry b:cry

Oh well, as you know archers have to avoid getting hit.
    I think those two skills meant to help you in a certain situations.
    Lets say your wings of grace is on cooldown or whatever, or in PVE situation when you got those stuning bosses and you need the cleric to keep healing.
    1000% evasion, lets say you getting hit and you cant see the target.
    Idk its all just assuming, maybe Ill know better when Ill have them and can actually test them.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Condor is kinds dumb, i mean you would think 1000% evasion would make other players miss you all the time but it wont b:chuckle I guess they miss a little bit more at least, but evasion is bugged. Seems hit/miss all gets random once it gets high enough, so even if condor added 1000000% evasion u still get hit if unlucky.

Elven Alarcity is very useful tho. No clue why people say it sucks. Its kinda like WoG without reduction and resists i agree, but its instant cast with free movement and speed. In some situations you dont have time to cast WoG and you cant use Holy Path either since you will get stunned while trying to escape, or you just used genie for something else. I use Alarcity to gtfo incoming gank squads and specially in TW. WoG is obviously better if you're planning on opening Barrage or chain with Iron guard Powder.

Its also nice in pve to stack with x2 Holy Path if you're kiting some deadly boss while you're waiting for party to come back from begin wiped. Its pretty useful in several instances where mobs/bosses paralyze or stun you. You save so many perfect stones by using 79 skill instead of Holy Path to. It kinda pays of the apoc pages and the ink after a while.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Condor I still mostly use as a micro chi gain.

Like Im running towards a boss and see I only have 285 chi.... while I'm running I cast condor and have demon spark ready without having to stop. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Alkaia - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Ok there goes another question, a bit stupid one but yeah.
    When you in PVP and about to use Alarcity, you need to target yourself right?
    Dont want to get stupid like some of the clerics who heal you instead of themselves.b:shocked
  • Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Condor I still mostly use as a micro chi gain.

Like Im running towards a boss and see I only have 285 chi.... while I'm running I cast condor and have demon spark ready without having to stop. b:cool

the only thing about that is that you other evasion buff will go off. i only sometimes use condor against sins when ganked could save your life then try demon spark fists lol they're like wtfb:chuckle