A "OMG why some players leave PWI"

Options
Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary
Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
It's a grim day for all of PW when an "actual" high level character who knows what it means to play a class leaves. A thousand tears I shed in your honor.

But one must wonder why PWI would bring it's self to such a climatic negative disposition to counteract the affects of the changing times in an MMORPG lifespan that they would instate these monstrosities such as BH, Hypers, and packs....

Well the game is free to play and just because we don't necessarily have to pay doesn't mean the powers that be don't have to pay down the line. As the first law of Thermodynamics states (in layman's terms) you cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
So in order to compete with the increase of players leaving (mainly because of leveling issues) packs and bh were instated.
As for Hypers I do believe there should have been a level cap on that.

But one must also keep in mind that nothing is perfect in this world, but we must stride to make it a perfect world.

My personal belief PWI should not try to cater to everyones need's. Logic tells you this: a chef with two hands can not tend to a octopus and not expect negative feed back.
b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker.
Post edited by Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It is certain that endless dreams do not exist.
    As for people leaving out from boredom or frustration, when they are legitimately good gamers with a good heart, it certainly is a loss.
    I never relied on the new items and modes myself, I am bound to the old system of quests (yes, yes, no BHs, nor those silly new dailies) and grinding, and one CS per level, to level up.
    As for packs and hyper stones, or esoterica, I believe they give a certain edge for getting levels fast.
    That said, what becomes of knowing of discovering the full potential of your character's class with those items? This is the subject of the debate that is quite present up to this day.

I never rushed to gain levels. Capping at all costs and with minimal time is quite destructive in my opinion, unless your sole desire is to PvP others, unless I am proven otherwise.

Yes, people could quit out of pressure, maybe because they are dissed when being in a party; be it because they do not play their class properly (they did not take their time), or are teamed up with others that ask for too much, or then again, it could be conflicting playstyles.
    I like to take my time and play it safe, so I solo. I am also responsible for myself. And then when I take breaks from the game, there is no one to QQ at me and I got no one to complain to.

That is all. This was quite a wall of text. Going tl;dr? Your loss, people. b:laugh

P.S.:'you cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.' It certainly sounds what Edward Elric says about the law of equivalent exchange in Fullmetal Alchemist more than the 2nd law of thermodynamics (entropy, yes yes; that said, the law of entropy could be linked to your post indeed, but the theory of the life cycle of a game could apply too). b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Personally, I get envious of those with great gear. Sure, I'm a good hearted player, but if people are preferring other Barbs over me because they have higher HP or claws, it really pisses me off.

At this point, I'm just logging in and afking to make some coin. I would at least like to reach my goals before I truly quit.

Cashshopping is just not my thing.

I like how others tend to gamble with pack for instant gratification. I see nobodies becoming a somebody from opening like 50 packs.

Ehhh....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's a grim day for all of PW when an "actual" high level character who knows what it means to play a class leaves.

Sadly that is happening more and more often, this game has never had any good amount of endgame content but atleast you had the fun of the journey to reach there. Now with fast leveling they have even removed that.

PWI has killed a char's lifespan, it's gone from a year+ to a few months (if even that for mega hyper players) but added nothing to retain those player's once they reach endgame.

All thats left to do is farm gear, TW/PK, play other games ( Tried BoI yesterday big mistake lol xbox game ) or make alts while waiting for FW and hope against hopes they dont make the same mistakes with that one.

Personally I dont think they will do anything to try and regain the golden day's of Perfect World.
    Imo They are putting their hope's on Forsaken World to be their New #1 Game. Be sad to see this game be slowly left to wither but I think thats the way it's heading. Hope Im wrong but the signs are not good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Personally, I get envious of those with great gear. Sure, I'm a good hearted player, but if people are preferring other Barbs over me because they have higher HP or claws, it really pisses me off.

At this point, I'm just logging in and afking to make some coin. I would at least like to reach my goals before I truly quit.

Cashshopping is just not my thing.

I like how others tend to gamble with pack for instant gratification. I see nobodies becoming a somebody from opening like 50 packs.

Ehhh....

You become a somebody with 50 packs? Boy, you sure ask for little. A true someone is one that knows how to play his/her class, even with half-assed gear.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You become a somebody with 50 packs? Boy, you sure ask for little. A true someone is one that knows how to play his/her class, even with half-assed gear.

No, I'm not talking about me. I don't have great gear...compare to other lvl 100+ who have like.....+10 weapons, sharded with lvl 11 gems or higher.

I can barely make it to +5. lol

But anyways, I eventually wish to have gears like them. Maybe I'll reach that someday.

/dream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, I'm not talking about me. I don't have great gear...compare to other lvl 100+ who have like.....+10 weapons, sharded with lvl 11 gems or higher.

I can barely make it to +5. lol

But anyways, I eventually wish to have gears like them. Maybe I'll reach that someday.

/dream

Speaking in general, eh. Okay.

As for high-end gears, I think it's understandable to dream about it. That said, packs did shortcut the process too much. It's like gambling, where people only think of the gains and forget about the risk rates.
    +5 is not bad, IMO.

Just don't rush indeed. Keep objectives in check and only go for them when you are ready. It's what too many forgot to do in this game and ended being miffed about.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just an observation. I'm not sure about other servers, but on Sanctuary the economy has become very calm. There appear to be a lot of Buy/Sell going on, but right now the trading is mainly dominated by merchants, not the usual players or cash shoppers. players, especially the old ones, aren't as active as before. A lot of people appear to quit. The worse part is cash shoppers seem to decline dramatically and leaving only the coin farmers to trade with each other, lol. I guess more and more people have come to realise how profitable merchanting is, or probably they've grown smarter. So right now you'll find it extremely difficult to buy stuffs below the market prices.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its going down down down, its gonna burn in hell
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hmmm...the economy on HT is screwed I think.

Tokens are the worse thing to merchant I think now. The buy/sell gap is soooooo small.

...can't wait for anni pack 2.0 comes out.

Got like.....3 months left until that comes out? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yep on HT the economy is a little screwy. But competition between catshops is keeping things pretty fair and level. Profit margins are small and volume is what is driving the profit for now.

That being said, high level players leave because there aren't many more challenges-and as their friends leave, there's fewer reasons to log in anymore. I'm not high level yet, but I've seen friends leave...many of them. I log in because I have plenty of challenges, plenty more characters I'd like to level (and maybe see some of them make some coin!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Meh, will get to 90 on this and not level after. Highest char was 94. Nothing to do end game 'cept everything i've already done to get there. Devs don't seem to listen player suggestions.

When a certain game finally comes out having to do with guilds and wars and the number 2 (I'm not allowed to say what it's called) i'll be gone.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Urgh... I kinda hate the new system of fast leveling, mostly cause it makes too many bad players. They get to lvl100 without really knowing how to play. That's a pity...

PWI got too easy, there are no challenges and there is nothing much left to do. I need only 3 gold mats, some gems, some dorbs... and I will be more or less done with my gears. What to do then? They should introduce some hiddent quest chains... longer, harder, what are more worth to do. Like Chrono's chain.

I don't really care about people who buys they gears and levels with real money. It is their choice.
    I don't really care that PWI does to make money from us as this is business after all...
    What bothers me is that there is nothing much left to do. I think I have tried everything what this game got to offer...
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Current 100+ hyper nubs' strong penetration is very upsetting, annoying, disgusting and very very harmful, lol. It makes me want to **** in their faces. (You'll feel what I feel when you get older). Period.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its going down down down, its gonna burn in hell

Are you REALLY a HAPPY Bunny???? You seem NOT happy to me. Anything you post lately is sad. Your signature is pessimistic for non - cashshoppers. Your negative posts in all of the late threads make me not want to go to sleep, 'cause I'm scared. I wake up in the middle in the night to realize I was dreaming about PWI being fully p2p and that I could play no more.b:shockedb:cry

Sad that some people leave PWI, still there are newcomers!!! There are bad decisions, as well as good ones.

The 'preferring' thing is indeed annoying, but it teaches you how to play. I have some people complaining about my build, but then, get comments from others saying: "they're n00bs..." I make good friends and we ROCK anywhere we go together.b:victoryb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thinks its more sad when new players oracle to 85+ than spam Hyper Frost and gets lvl 100+ in a few weeks.

Than they realize that getting all endgame gear/skills/refines/culti and such requires so much more work and money than just getting to 100+.They also dont have many friends or some sort of ingame social network/community around them so its hard making parties for anything 100+. They get depressed and bored and uninstall.

Some of them might cash shop some more to get at least some 99 gear maybe and tries to join a bigger guild, but in the end they pretty much always quit.

It makes me kinda sad since this way of playing really feeds PWIs greed and i see cases like this a lot. Some guy burns a rather big amount of irl money on this game and gets absolutely nothing and quits - but PWI are still happy since they got loads of cash from his credit card.

Long term players that quit are of course sad to, but in my experience 80% always comes back after a while in some form or shape. Mostly they just need a longer break. They also got to enjoy the game while they actually played it without just pissing away irl money on speed leveling.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Eh one of the big problems is that its cheaper to buy gear from packs then farm it
    theres no point in farming cube 51-60 or warsong or parts of lunar, or RBO,or valley/unicorn, since its cheaper to do the same thing over and over (farm TT and nirvana) for cash and just buy "event" gear
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PWI used to be an excellen game, if a bit grindy. Good PVP, (fairly) balanced classes, things to do, a reason to level.

Now, there's nothing. You pvp and you get overrun by a million people with +9 or higher hh99 gears. Assassins are beyond broken in pvp situations. Hyper stones making leveling exceptionally easy, even for failures who can't play their class. Packs everywhere.

R.I.P. worthwhile PWI
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If not wrong the developer seem using PWI to learn western player preferences . . you could say for their next game like BoI and FW.
    And so far they learned that western people not mind with heavy cash shopping but don't want something that can change the game balance. (aka end game packs)
    Which they say going to change that on FW and BoI.

Well you know what is that mean for Perfect World. b:surrender
    But i don't think they would abandon PW just like that, PW is what makes them grow.
    (their biggest project before)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    it's gone from a year+ to a few months
    You wish it was few months...even worse...after 1 month on our server already were lvl100...and yeah also seen now 101 already...
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Which they say going to change that on FW and BoI.
    I hope those two games have a bad fate so they would look at improving PWI instead b:angry
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I hope those two games have a bad fate so they would look at improving PWI instead b:angry

Eh, they need those games to keep up with new gen mmo.
    I just hope they not abandon PW and fix end game pack problem, which i dunno how other than making new cap lv ? b:surrender
    But it's like a whole new world where every lv 105 can do some quest then lv up as fast as lv 30 character, but then goes slower like 104 to 105 when they going to reach lv 205. (lv 104 to 105 still need the usual exp)
    Insane ? I dunno. b:laugh
    I think these is not done yet . . people would complain for people that already reach 105 then can lv up as fast as lv 30, but bellow lv 105 is still so slow.
    Well never mind about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sad that some people leave PWI, still there are newcomers!!! There are bad decisions, as well as good ones.

If it hasnt already been reached I think the game is close to reaching the tipping point where more people leave than new players join.

Every "new" Char you seem to meet on your own alt seems to be another alt lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystical - Dreamweaver
    Mystical - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When PWI was first released there was a few things that could help you like Charms which are quite usefull because everyone could afford one becuase gold was 100k pop but then some idoit decided to lets make gold 400k That way everyone cant get ingame items from coin and has to result to there credit card.

The only way i think you can overcome this is by having a fixed price on gold. (Have a NPC selling & buying gold - At least then you wont be buying of a real person :D). However we all know that they wont do that, PW want money.

I do believe alot of the more experienced players will move to FW - which is where i will go and hopefully it will fun and there wont be a massive unfair advantage. Look at rappelz they dont have charms, they have ridculusly priced exp enhancers priced at 3dollars for 30mins (expensive compared to PWI) and therefore only good players are at the top.

One more thing i was playing with 2 level 60 EA as a level 48 EA how did i know more about the class than them. I then realized they use Training Scrolls and Hyper stones - They had been playing the game for a month. Me for 3months as a EA

FFS Devs do something about it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nothing to do endgame. A few people on my server all oracled/hypered to 90+, bought full endgame gear from packs, and then quit when there was nothing to do.

And then there are some that dont cash shop and get to 90+ and when they realize how much work They have to do to get the gears and everything. I've seen people that get to 90 and then complain about being bored, and then you look at their gears and it's like all 7x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But one must wonder why PWI would bring it's self to such a climatic negative disposition to counteract the affects of the changing times in an MMORPG lifespan that they would instate these monstrosities such as BH, Hypers, and packs....

My personal belief PWI should not try to cater to everyones need's. Logic tells you this: a chef with two hands can not tend to a octopus and not expect negative feed back.
    b:shocked
    Interesting question Cornelia, to "wonder why PWI would ... instate BH, Hypers, and packs" when they have such a negative viewpoint from so many players. Here's my hypothesis on why they did this:

Marketing team: Parse the logs and tell us what types of players spend the most RL money.

Devs: Seems like players over 90+ spend 3-5 times what players under L90 spend guys.

Marketing team: Develops some game changes that will get people to 90+ sooner so we can increase our revenues at a faster rate.

Devs: Ummm... it might be the reason 90+ spends more is because they've made a long time comittment to developing their characters. If they get there faster, they may not be invested and may not spend like the current data trend shows.

Marketing team: Pfft... Let us do the financial wizardry you code monkey. Boss, this will make a kiling for us... make them do it!

Executive: Devs, make it so.

Devs: Yesh masteh...

...and thus the monstrosities of BH, Hypers, and packs were inflicted upon the playerbase.

(All tongue-in-cheek, but you know it could have happened like that! b:chuckle)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i agree about the packs- it is, in essence, a form of gambling, with the odds definitly in favour of the house here. far too many players shooting up to high levels, without a solid knowledge of the nuances of the class they play, or of how to handle the instances, cause way too many party wipes, loss of huge amounts of exp by high level players, and ruin the fun for parties they are in, becuase of their ignorance and refusal to listen to more experienced players.

its unfair of me, i know, but i cant help cringing at first when i see a TB i dont know in a squad im in. they may be well versed in their class....but more often they are not, and they tend to be reckless and in too much of a hurry, not wanting to take the time to take out the mobs necessary to keep all safe. with enough experiences like this, its no wonder that the true high level players leave, especially with the new fad of having even FB 19s run by lv80s and 90s, but hard to get help for ones own quests. high levels being asked to run instances for lower levels constantly, but no help for them, is wearing and becomes depressing.

taking a break is the only way i manage.

Speaking in general, eh. Okay.

As for high-end gears, I think it's understandable to dream about it. That said, packs did shortcut the process too much. It's like gambling, where people only think of the gains and forget about the risk rates.
    +5 is not bad, IMO.

Just don't rush indeed. Keep objectives in check and only go for them when you are ready. It's what too many forgot to do in this game and ended being miffed about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i left bcuz i dont wanna either farm 12 hours or spend money just so i can afford my gear and then still get one shot by someone the same lvl as me. the pvp is unbalance it caters to cash shoppers
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I always thought that regular quests should be rewarded in a better way. Personally I do all of them asap. I'm quest dependant a bit.b:surrender Anywayz, we all know that a lot of people (majority?) do not do their quests; they either use eso scrolls, and/or hypers, and/or oracles and blah blah, blah, we know the rest... Well, what if there was some bigger motivation to do quests around your lvl (+/- 5lvls?! for regular quests, +/- 10lvls for bosses). There is the necessity to do culti quests and fb related quests in order to proceed with your 'evolution', but that's all.

Maybe doing something with quests (making some of them a must, and/or giving niiiiceb:dirty, random rewards once in a while[instead of a celstone fragment all the time]) can solve something?!?!?!

Ready? Set? Go flamers!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I decided it's best to take a break from PW except for forums or maybe checking on prices and stuff in game, and I decided to try Jade Dynasty.

It's surprisingly good, and relaxing-really pretty on max settings and way different quests sometimes. Perhaps people wanting to leave PW for good should go test out another game for awhile. Then when they come back to PW it wont seem so disappointing, and a bit more fresh.

At least that's what I'm hoping will happen. b:surrender
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i went to Jade Dynasty too and quit at 87. i just got bored and lonely b:surrender
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)