Are Venomancers really hated?

Options
izaneyxd
izaneyxd Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
Well the wiki says that Venomancers are one of the most hated classes in the game, I looked up Venomancers here and found they are needed for many things. I plan to make that one of my characters so I need to know exactly how they are liked, so is it true are Venomancers REALLY hated or is it a rumor?
Post edited by izaneyxd on

Comments

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They used to be one of the most hated classes as some seemed them as overpowered (Nix), some were jealous of it's soloing or money making skills. But later other things came that there hated more than Venomancer, like all aniversay packs, hypers, tideborns. So Veno hate is "soo 2008-2009 first part".

In your place, I wouldn't worry about it. Expecially, if you learn to play your class well.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People hate Venos because they can solo lots of stuff (especially with a Herc) without potions and without expensive gear... They are jealous. Herc Venos are wanted in many high lvl squads.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Their fault for not choosing a solo class. I don't think it's that so much though. I think they hate how we can pick an herb or mine while our pet takes care of the mobs around it. -How do we know they were fighting the mobs for the mine / herb?

Veno class is very hands on also, while most venos are extremely lazy. Not only do I hear comments about how great it is to have a veno that amps 24/7, but I also get irked at other venos for sitting there spamming Venomous or not even attacking on their own. A certain kind of people read that venos are good money makers so they make a veno and yet still end up being leeches off others hard work.

Then there are some that hate me because I'm not overly helpful. I'm not always a push over for TT runs since those 5 people end up costing me near as much time as if I'd soloed while taking all the good stuff for themselves (Barb and Cleric cuts). Good Venos should not be considered as DD when it comes to cuts since we are extremely useful in TT and if unappreciated: we can just solo it or buy our stuff and easily be better off.

I really don't sense as much Veno hate as I used to, I actually think I'm one of the haters though. Venos in general really need to step up their game or play a more hands off DD like Wiz or Archer and quit being useless PoS's.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    For some reason, I feel more people are hating on sins now compared to venos O.O

That is speaking from my experience though. But venos did use to be hated because of their abilities to solo and gain money. However, tweakz does have a point on the player. There are venos that cooperate really well and are very button crazy, holding their own by actively using various skills. I absolutely hate the venos that just hold down venomous scarab....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I agree with tweakz on the last point made. Sometimes I feel like of the haters too. On sanc server, I run across too many "lazy venos", while i try to do my best in a squad.
    >.<
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I haven't ever seen "veno hate", though I have hated other venos *lol's*. Like Hop above me said, lazy venos. XD I hate em~
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There's no real overt hate any more.

But it is still incredibly rare to see people specifically ASKING for a veno. (And worse, people often ask for a DD and then throw you out because what they MEANT was an archer-or-wizard)

Sins get the real hate now, because they are the current 'unfair' class in PVP.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *joins Hop and Kat*
    Seems I am veno hater too... So many unskilled and lazy venos out there. I seriously started to avoid to squad up with another one, unless it is a friend.
    Is it really so hard to use amp regulary? Send a spark to BM for HF or to some DD? Tell them to amp, they do it once and then goes back to DDing...

Guilty, but I feel like laughing when other veno in squad dies... b:sweat

So in short:
    Be skilled and you wont be hated.
  • Krispey - Raging Tide
    Krispey - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    During my time as a veno i have never been hated :p they are more jelous since I can solo stuff :p
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yep.. lazy veno's >.< horrible... though I look a bit like a 'lazy' veno while doing world bosses with faction... ^^' I don't wanna overwrite the demon/sage's DoT debuffs... so I just venomous.. amp when I see it's not on.. (it usually is on xP ) and send sparks to tank xD

otherwhise I try to keep all debuffs up.. hop into fox soon as amp has cooldown.. purge right away when I see a buff on a boss.. and then get to hear most veno's they met don't even purge the bosses x.x horrible...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People loved me when I still played. I had to refuse TT/FF/FB runs since I was asked to run so many. Even ones well beyond my level.

Learn to play the class well, and you won't be hated. The main way I learned was by trying things all the time. Testing the limits of my pets and my character. Soloing TT 1-3 when I was barely able to kill one monster in there since my level was so low for example. Makes you learn fast when everything can and will 1 shot you. :p

Watching other venos that know what they are doing can be a huge help and is the best way to get started. The hard part is finding those venos, they are far and few between.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think venos are still considered a very stuck up class. Alot of people have mentioned it in faction chats in various factions.

Yes, people are jealous of the venos ability to solo and their lack or repair expenses, and sole ability to farm pets for huge amounts of coin. It's kind of unfair that while other classes are dependent on each other to do certain tasks, a veno can do almost any quest alone. Because of this, venos are more likely to quest alone and not help other people, thus leading to the view they're stuck up. They play solo in a game meant to be played with others, and imo, that defeats the point of the game but to each their own.

Most squads want a single veno in their squad for bramble, or to save on genie energy. Personally, I'd rather use my genie than have a veno pull so a zeal genie is a better option to me than a veno, despite their ability to pull from longer range. But, I do love bramble, and many barbs just can't manage their chi well enough so lending hand can save the day sometime. Also, their single mob debuffs speed things up quite nice, as well as having their pet take off some of the pressure on the barb to coralle and aggro every mob, when a pet can get some of the runners. All in all, they are actually decent squad mates to have. I'd say Cleric, Barb, BM, Veno, Sin, Archer, Wizard, Psychic in order of usefulness (people will argue) but they're somewhere in the middle.

Also, the expense of a legendary pet leads to two things:
    One, most "good" venos are cash shoppers and needed to be to get their pet. This doesn't mean they're bad players, just frowned upon.
    Two, people don't want anything but venos with a herc and for most venos, 90% +, that means they are considered a fail veno cause they haven't dished out $200 or 70 mil coin no matter how good they are at wielding their pet and doing everything a veno should.

I think sins have become the class everyone hates on now because they literally have the ability to become godly late game. They are somewhat a 1 dimensional build, all dex with maybe a tiny bit of vitality, so it takes no thinking to stat a leet Sin. You end up with a ton of cookie cutter copies who's only differences are the equipment, so Sin proness is based on coin/rl money spent on them. With the super high amounts of dmg, increases to attack speed, and skill blood paint they become a class that can infinitely heal themselves while having some of the highest damage output in the game, making them unkillable theoretically.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and then get to hear most veno's they met don't even purge the bosses x.x horrible...
    "Omg, that's rare! A veno who sparks others", "Veno using amp regulary without asking? wow", "What was that white skill? o.o First time seeing it. Veno, was it you?"

I still wonder... Veno is "debuffer", right? Then why most of venos don't bother to debuff? Or use the ability to send sparks to others, who might have bigger use of them?

Though... maybe it is even better b:sin I get better reputation, more people want me for squads and I can easily bribe some clerics with sparking them often, so they keep an eye on my hp/mp and starts to heal me even before ST b:cute
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Was in BH100 squad just today. Other veno with Lv.80 weapon spamming venemous. Now I now her dmg is piddly compared to mine, so why am I the only one amping, ironwood, myriad, etc?

I think we just know our jobs too well that we can see the shortcomings in others so easily. Why aren't Barbs and BM's using the phys debuff more since there's is better? Why do clerics almost never use Elemental Seal? Why do I get multiple people requesting chi at the same time? - Am I supposed to use my Cloud Eruption for them? Why do some barbs and bms ignore adds in FF even when they're on the cleric? Why do some clerics stack IH when I'm obviously trying to lure? Why do wizards use knockbacks in dungeons when our pet is bound to follow into danger? Why do archers break up a nice group and waste our 2 spark AoEs? -Lets face it.. so many players just suck.b:sad
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Was in BH100 squad just today. Other veno with Lv.80 weapon spamming venemous. Now I now her dmg is piddly compared to mine, so why am I the only one amping, ironwood, myriad, etc?

I think we just know our jobs too well that we can see the shortcomings in others so easily. Why aren't Barbs and BM's using the phys debuff more since there's is better? Why do clerics almost never use Elemental Seal? Why do I get multiple people requesting chi at the same time? - Am I supposed to use my Cloud Eruption for them? Why do some barbs and bms ignore adds in FF even when they're on the cleric? Why do some clerics stack IH when I'm obviously trying to lure? Why do wizards use knockbacks in dungeons when our pet is bound to follow into danger? Why do archers break up a nice group and waste our 2 spark AoEs? -Lets face it.. so many players just suck.b:sad

I agree with this entire post!b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Elspeth - Harshlands
    Elspeth - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't really understand why people hate sins, yes they are good at killing but they have to get close and only have seconds to kill their target. I have not played the sins on this game yet but I have on every other game I have played, and everytime sins were seen as the worst class because people could not play them right. In this game people know how to play sins and are playing sins. Since they are good at they are hated for it. Really they just have the common sense that players lacked in the other games.

Finish this sentence, a Barb and a Sin walk into a bar....

Killing a sin is not hard, they have low health so they die fast, which is why they kill fast. If a sin gets in a 2 on 1 they die, if a sin runs into a tank they die, if a sin is attacked first they die.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I literally pull my a$$ off in fcc: tanking all the bosses except fragrance, passing sparks to the cleric, barb, and bm; debuffing and aoeing constantly.... heck, sometimes i even help pull halls.

I hardly see any venos do that
    >.<
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I literally pull my a$$ off in fcc: tanking all the bosses except fragrance, passing sparks to the cleric, barb, and bm; debuffing and aoeing constantly.... heck, sometimes i even help pull halls.

I hardly see any venos do that

-Lol, I got tired of waiting a couple times and pulled the big room. Don't know why most barbs run through the middle of everything. You don't even have to get hit to lure them all. Just hope you have a BM or Barb to catch before BB. -lol
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's not like X or Y is hated. It's more like W or Z is needed for a squad to succeed while X and Y aren't.

For instance, are you often in squads with 2 barbs? Of course not. Why? Because only 1 barb is needed to tank mostly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    -Lol, I got tired of waiting a couple times and pulled the big room. Don't know why most barbs run through the middle of everything. You don't even have to get hit to lure them all. Just hope you have a BM or Barb to catch before BB. -lol

lol, well last few Fccs ive done have been a breeze. Pretty much a break for me. Have this lvl 99 sin in squad with Deicides. He demon sparks so much, he out DDs my herc. And yup, he can tank the whole Fcc. Granted i love tanking, it is nice to have a break from it every once in a while.

Edit: Lol, about the big room.... ive never pulled it. I usually just demon spark parasitic nova when after the barb roars, and the bm Hfs. Yea... ive stolen aggro like once or twice, and died. But 95% of the time. I dont, even with the crits. >.< I try to make sure i run with pros
    >.<
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yea... ive stolen aggro like once or twice, and died. But 95% of the time. I dont, even with the crits. >.< I try to make sure i run with pros

I've made the comment before: "<- Should not be stealing aggro so easy". Why these BMs come in to 95+ FF with lvl 80 axes? They should be out earning something better (even skills): not doing FF.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've made the comment before: "<- Should not be stealing aggro so easy". Why these BMs come in to 95+ FF with lvl 80 axes? They should be out earning something better: not doing FF.

Lol, well when i actually pull aggro and died -.- I think i timed it wrong that once.... Like, I didnt wait for the BM to stun, so sorta stupid on my part. So, i just make sure i wait for that and Hf. then i get epic 80k crits witha 3% crit rate b:shocked
    >.<
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That was after a full 3 BM attacks including HF.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People don't hate venos as much as before, as a veno I only got ditched once by a nub that did not know what a veno was able to do (helping HIM to solo a BH...) appart of that, I think as some people said, people are focused now on tideborns (assassin mostly).

I find Herc Veno really fun, yes, it costs a lot of money, and yes if you're not charging any money into the game it will be hard to get one, but once you get it you will just love it.

Just remember, the pet doesnt make the veno.

I saw a lv 70 veno die in bh39 b/c of her/his bad skills (running a lot, aggroing everything). While my lv 5X veno handled everything (while she was dead cussing outloud, lol.)

Isn't that epic? b:chuckle

If you are more like a solo player, get a veno, its the best choise for this gameplay. Not mentioning like 4893573 people have said, no potion consume nor huge bills for repairs = save a lot of money~
    b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    People hated Venomancers the most when they could kill you in 2 seconds with a nix.

For the most part, that's no longer the case.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i've never understood people 'hating' a class. being horribly annoyed and frustrated with how someone plays it, yes. but hating...? if someone is jealous, they can just start up and play their own veno. simple.

but i do want to ask something about assassins- is it just my bad luck, or are most/all assassins suicidal, and wind up getting everyone in the party killed, or heading for the hills when they steal aggro from the tank, get both of them killed. i hate to be like this, but i've gotten to where i cringe when i see an assassin in any squad im in as a veno, and i wont be the cleric in a squad if one is a member. i know, i know,im predujiced, but i like to stay alive. is it that the assassin class attracts young teenagers, who want to pretend they are ninjas, and 'die in the line of duty' mindset? b:question

I think venos are still considered a very stuck up class. Alot of people have mentioned it in faction chats in various factions.

Yes, people are jealous of the venos ability to solo and their lack or repair expenses, and sole ability to farm pets for huge amounts of coin. It's kind of unfair that while other classes are dependent on each other to do certain tasks, a veno can do almost any quest alone. Because of this, venos are more likely to quest alone and not help other people, thus leading to the view they're stuck up. They play solo in a game meant to be played with others, and imo, that defeats the point of the game but to each their own.

Most squads want a single veno in their squad for bramble, or to save on genie energy. Personally, I'd rather use my genie than have a veno pull so a zeal genie is a better option to me than a veno, despite their ability to pull from longer range. But, I do love bramble, and many barbs just can't manage their chi well enough so lending hand can save the day sometime. Also, their single mob debuffs speed things up quite nice, as well as having their pet take off some of the pressure on the barb to coralle and aggro every mob, when a pet can get some of the runners. All in all, they are actually decent squad mates to have. I'd say Cleric, Barb, BM, Veno, Sin, Archer, Wizard, Psychic in order of usefulness (people will argue) but they're somewhere in the middle.

Also, the expense of a legendary pet leads to two things:
    One, most "good" venos are cash shoppers and needed to be to get their pet. This doesn't mean they're bad players, just frowned upon.
    Two, people don't want anything but venos with a herc and for most venos, 90% +, that means they are considered a fail veno cause they haven't dished out $200 or 70 mil coin no matter how good they are at wielding their pet and doing everything a veno should.

I think sins have become the class everyone hates on now because they literally have the ability to become godly late game. They are somewhat a 1 dimensional build, all dex with maybe a tiny bit of vitality, so it takes no thinking to stat a leet Sin. You end up with a ton of cookie cutter copies who's only differences are the equipment, so Sin proness is based on coin/rl money spent on them. With the super high amounts of dmg, increases to attack speed, and skill blood paint they become a class that can infinitely heal themselves while having some of the highest damage output in the game, making them unkillable theoretically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    venos use bunnies...we all luv bunnies so no we cant hate venos ijs
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    venos keep trying to tame me.
    b:shedtear
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just remember, the pet doesnt make the veno.

It does. Your "powers" are determined by the pet. You might be able to stretch this a bit using expensive gear that adds magic attack and casting speed to beef up your healing, but it's still all about the pet: if you can outheal incoming damage then you're fine, else you're dead.

I played a Skelemancer long ago, even in Vampire form. Still, I didn't like being dead back then, and I don't like being dead now. Hence, whatever I do is based on whether my pet can do it. I like my low death count, even if the game doesn't count.

From what I've seen so far, even the skills are focused around dealing more damage, rather than reducing incoming damage or otherwise helping your pet. I haven't developed my skilltree very far, though --- needs lots of gold and spirit to buy them, lack of cultivation to unlock them, and nothing that really looked like "wow, I absolutely must have that". Guides only focus on dishing out damage, I'm primarily interested in staying alive, with damage being entirely secondary.
    I saw a lv 70 veno die in bh39 b/c of her/his bad skills (running a lot, aggroing everything).

Yeah, but that doesn't change the facts. In every game, on every class, you can and will always find players who don't have a clue what they are supposed to do.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It does. Your "powers" are determined by the pet. You might be able to stretch this a bit using expensive gear that adds magic attack and casting speed to beef up your healing, but it's still all about the pet: if you can outheal incoming damage then you're fine, else you're dead.

Your powers aren't determined by your pet, but by your own skill: Your reaction to a sudden squad wipe, knowing when to chi the barb or cleric, knowing when to debuff, knowing what to lure, and also knowing how to keep yourself alive without the dependance of your pet.
    >.<