Genie in duel?

2»

Comments

• Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    my impression is that "the custom" is not to use genies.
    so if you want to use them you should state that

I dont think that it is wrong to use them, i dont mind someone using them as long as i know that we can use genies in that duel. and since the norm is not using them (that might be different in other servers of course) i think that you need to state it.

it is not very different from the use of potions/powders imho.
    it's only that duels have a "free pvp" feel (Q.Q charms Q.Q) so using pots/stamina is an extra cost.

all in all, i dont mind using everything available given that we both agreed before the duel begins.

This
    /thread.

No genies = custom.
    Perfectly fine if both duelers agree to use genies, but it should be made clear before the duel starts.

To those of you who said yes:
    1) I don't have a bad genie, and I know how to use it.
    2) If a duel is a test of skill, duel w/o ur genie and win. Life w/o genie is harder. Takes more skill to survive.

It's not "wrong" to use genie. Must be communicated is all.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yes, the only thing you dont use are pots. Other then that use every tool you have if you want
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Genies are part of the game. If they don't like that you use them...GET OUT OF MY MMO!
    Now, using them in Duels is kinda wimpy. Using them in PvP is awesome. (I love to use tangling mire on enemies....)

It depends on how you use them, really. They can be used for noob or pro purposes. (More than half the genies on PWI have 2nd Wind...just so you know.)
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Duels in this game are already annoying enough. I mean using pots and genies in duels only leads to duels taking ages which is boring in my opinion. Thats why I never duel ingame, I just PK if I want to pvp with someone. Dueling is rather hard for clerics anyways due to our squishiness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Duels in this game are already annoying enough. I mean using pots and genies in duels only leads to duels taking ages which is boring in my opinion.
    Depends on classes fighting. Wizzie duels (not necessarily wizzie vs wizzie btw, just 1 wizzie), for example, end in less than 20 seconds, and on average less than 10.

Against assassins with no anti-stun (as per the "custom") it ends in 6 usually, flawless victory and not for me btw. b:surrender
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Personally, I don't use genies in duels and my opponents usually don't use them either. However, when my opponent DOES use it mine does not give mercy.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like another Zoe.

New rule, for PvP, you stand there and auto-attack. Thats it. Anything else & you must be a coward! b:avoid

Another Zoe... lol... I remembered one of my friends that have the same name.

K, I'm sorry, I guess you genie noobs can't fight w/o pots or genies or charms. I should of known better you try everything to see victory or to kill someone.

God, I even remembered a LVL60+ axe BM recently dueled my daughter (45 veno) and that fail BM had to use tangling mire on her cause that BM was killing slow with skeleton axes socketed with 2 average garnet shards... -_-" And yes, a VIT veno, that fail BM didn't even let her buff her self while he had outside buffs, she didn't even bring out her pet lol. The BM won, but very disgraceful b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • KaraMasinu - Sanctuary
    KaraMasinu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If it's a duel then however you want to set the rules is how it should go. Then the only cheating is if one of you breaks the rules you set in place

If it's actual pk/pvp well then I'm old school UO from really early days & it's last one standing wins & if you can kill his horse too then even better
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    K, I'm sorry, I guess you genie noobs can't fight w/o pots or genies or charms. I should of known better you try everything to see victory or to kill someone.

You just keep spamming your ignorance all over the forum huh man? Bet you lurv the attention.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Another Zoe... lol... I remembered one of my friends that have the same name.

God, I even remembered a LVL60+ axe BM recently dueled my daughter (45 veno) and that fail BM had to use tangling mire on her cause that BM was killing slow with skeleton axes socketed with 2 average garnet shards... -_-" And yes, a VIT veno, that fail BM didn't even let her buff her self while he had outside buffs, she didn't even bring out her pet lol. The BM won, but very disgraceful b:shutup

"You're disgraceful! I would have beat you if you weren't a BM, and weren't stunning me! Stunning people is for noobs because it prevents me from hitting you! Real men tank the hits! I would have also beat you if you weren't using better gear than me! You're a noob for being able to afford better gear! You also suck for flying in a duel! Drop kiting is for noobs! If you were pro you wouldn't have to do it! LOL you increased your attack speed with cyclone heel? What are you n00b? Can't kill me without buffing up your speed? WHAT'S THIS!? YOU USED YOUR SELF BUFFS? LOL your normal defense isnt good enough? lololololunoob"
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sounds like another Zoe.

New rule, for PvP, you stand there and auto-attack. Thats it. Anything else & you must be a coward! b:avoid
    That's actually an enjoyable way to duel. Knife Edge Deathmatch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Voted no.
    Duels are supposed to be against the two people to test their own strength. Not their genie's strength.
    However, if both agree to it, then it should be fine.
    That is not entirely true considering the gear you use and how well it is refined. If duels are to test each other strength, why dont everyone go naked whilst dueling then? nope i dont see that happening anytime soon...