Genie in duel?

Options
Jeran - Harshlands
Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Yes or no and your opinion please (:
Personally its a yes for me, genie just acts as another gear/spell or whatever you may call them. Everyone can get as many as they want and have the same shot of raising their genies however they want to be, so really, is there a reason to flame people with your immaturish comments for using their genies in duel and showing them off (: your opinions please pwers
b:thanks
Post edited by Jeran - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If both fighters agree not to use genie skills BEFORE the duel starts, then yea.

Otherwise feel free to use them :p and if they QQ, /care
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Can i get an explanation why people are saying no? I personally can't think of why the no answer considering the fact that any skill your opponent can get, you can and use so...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Can i get an explanation why people are saying no? I personally can't think of why the no answer considering the fact that any skill your opponent can get, you can and use so...

They got bad genies. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If both fighters agree not to use genie skills BEFORE the duel starts, then yea.

Otherwise feel free to use them :p and if they QQ, /care

^this is your answer

Anyone who QQ's after losing if the subject is not brought up about not using GenieSkillz are just panzies and you should point and laugh. b:chuckle

I remember the QQ threads over pots being used and the such. I guess as time goes on there are always new things to QQ about.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my impression is that "the custom" is not to use genies.
    so if you want to use them you should state that

I dont think that it is wrong to use them, i dont mind someone using them as long as i know that we can use genies in that duel. and since the norm is not using them (that might be different in other servers of course) i think that you need to state it.

it is not very different from the use of potions/powders imho.
    it's only that duels have a "free pvp" feel (Q.Q charms Q.Q) so using pots/stamina is an extra cost.

all in all, i dont mind using everything available given that we both agreed before the duel begins.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Obviously a fail would use genie in duel, save the little run away cheats for PKing b:laugh

Seriously, duels are about testing your strengths and weaknesses so you can enhance your gameplay.

Your genie isn't your skill. But since I barely duel much, have fun wasting stamina on me when you duel me xD IDC if you have victory cause of using genies, or pots or w/e cheap shot you throw at me. But if you lose then wow lol.

Tangling mire, TE or w/e the BS is, thats basically cheating unless its just to mess around with genie skills. I'm just saying. Thats why people cry classes are overpowered when they are balanced <_<, its just how you use your skills on them and I mean your skills. Some skills maybe overkill, true lol, but all classes have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so if you want to use them you should state that

I dont think that it is wrong to use them, i dont mind someone using them as long as i know that we can use genies in that duel. and since the norm is not using them (that might be different in other servers of course) i think that you need to state it.

it is not very different from the use of potions/powders imho.
    it's only that duels have a "free pvp" feel (Q.Q charms Q.Q) so using pots/stamina is an extra cost.

all in all, i dont mind using everything available given that we both agreed before the duel begins.

This.

/10char
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so if you want to use them you should state that.

This

/10char
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Obviously a fail would use genie in duel, save the little run away cheats for PKing b:laugh

Seriously, duels are about testing your strengths and weaknesses so you can enhance your gameplay.

Your genie isn't your skill. But since I barely duel much, have fun wasting stamina on me when you duel me xD IDC if you have victory cause of using genies, or pots or w/e cheap shot you throw at me. But if you lose then wow lol.

Tangling mire, TE or w/e the BS is, thats basically cheating unless its just to mess around with genie skills. I'm just saying. Thats why people cry classes are overpowered when they are balanced <_<, its just how you use your skills on them and I mean your skills. Some skills maybe overkill, true lol, but all classes have it.
    Your either a troll or an idiot I can't tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Voted no.
    Duels are supposed to be against the two people to test their own strength. Not their genie's strength.
    However, if both agree to it, then it should be fine.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I voted yes. The point of the duel is to win I would assume, so why not use everything to your advantage? And people have said it is the "player's skill" that you use in duels, not the genies, but didn't you choose what skills and stats to put on your genie? And any damage done by your genie counts as your damage, so it's still a 1v1 as sorts.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If I want to use my genie's stamina to kill something, I'll step outside a safe zone.

However,
    Accurate truth

This guy seems to have it right too.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Personally I think that me duelling a BM is pointless without a genie. If he can stun me, he can stun lock me, and all it takes is a few hits to knock my hp down. He doesn't have to worry about the 10 second cooldown on charm.

Now If I get a chance to use Fortify, then it's a better run. I got nothing against a BM using Adrenaline surge if he suspects he's gonna be slept by me. I think if a bm or another player is actually smart enough to use a defensive genie skill in such a perfect way where he is countering my skill. Thats a really fun duel.

I say yes to genies, but I don't use them, cos I don't usually duel anymore.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

How are genie skills not your skills? Genies are only gear nothing more, and you work hard to EARN the spirit and exp you put into your genie to level it up so that the skills are available to you, or you work hard for the coins to buy the genie, or both. If genies could attack and gain exp on their own like Venomancer pets I would agree with you, but they can't. In short you EARN the skills, therefore they are your skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Can I vote for both?
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It really depends how you are using it. When i duel, usually we allow the use of genie stuns and other 'assisting' skills. Other examples may include tangling mire or relentless courage.

however using skills like bramble rage or thunderstorm in a duel imo is a big no no unless ofcourse its agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I completely disregard all rules for dueling. Genies, who cares? Pots/healing? Sure go ahead. Kiting? Ofc, but be prepared for me to run after you.
    >.<
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options

What would you do w/o genie? Run like a little girl? b:laugh

Here is proof, even this guy can use the "i win buttons"
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=647832
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From level 1 you are given a genie to use. You build it up, feed it your spirit, assign the points and skills as you choose. Genies are just another layer of strategy to a fight, obviously you are to stupid to understand this so you simply dismiss genies as 'running like a little girl'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From level 1 you are given a genie to use. You build it up, feed it your spirit, assign the points and skills as you choose. Genies are just another layer of strategy to a fight, obviously you are to stupid to understand this so you simply dismiss genies as 'running like a little girl'

lol i level genie with exp. I have them too.

A level 79 archer (my friend) dueled my barb during TT yesterday (he was bored and waiting) I literally chain stunned him (not really, 4 seconds of stun each 6 sec cooldown) for like around 5 times, He assummed I used genie when I didn't even know what genie skill was stun lol.

my barb's genie have
    Solid shield for tanking heavy hitting magic bosses
    Second Wind for back up heals fpr when heals comming slow
    Alpha male for back up aggro skill
    Acidic ripple for redcing max HP (I didn't know it was for water, wanted to use it on land lol b:cry)

TY for calling me idiot, you coward barb b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My bet: Your genie sucks so you call anyone who uses them a coward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My bet: Your genie sucks so you call anyone who uses them a coward.

Lol not calling genie users, anyone who relies on genie to pvp is a coward, but yeah, I use genie to save (or others) butt in PVE when people (or myself) makes accidents when pulling boss with mobs. I wouldn't care what genie skill for pvp b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol not calling genie users, anyone who relies on genie to pvp is a coward, but yeah, I use genie to save (or others) butt in PVE when people (or myself) makes accidents when pulling boss with mobs. I wouldn't care what genie skill for pvp b:chuckle.

I suppose using any type of skill is cowardly in PVP. I mean really, stunning the opponent so they can't do anything is really cowardly. So is kiting because running away to prevent yourself from being killed is rather silly. I should just man up and trade hits with a fist BM who hits me at a rate of 4 attacks per second.

Oh wait, but then gear differences are cowardly too. It's not fair if I have a +3 weapon and he has a +5. We should all strip nude and trade hits with fists.

But wait...oh wth @_@

For anyone who plays cs, this is just like crying about awps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unless otherwise agreed upon prior to the duel, anything goes; including apoth/pots, pets, all skills, kiting, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol i level genie with exp. I have them too.

A level 79 archer (my friend) dueled my barb during TT yesterday (he was bored and waiting) I literally chain stunned him (not really, 4 seconds of stun each 6 sec cooldown) for like around 5 times, He assummed I used genie when I didn't even know what genie skill was stun lol.

my barb's genie have
    Solid shield for tanking heavy hitting magic bosses
    Second Wind for back up heals fpr when heals comming slow
    Alpha male for back up aggro skill
    Acidic ripple for redcing max HP (I didn't know it was for water, wanted to use it on land lol b:cry)

TY for calling me idiot, you coward barb b:thanks
    You're a barb with second wind on his genie, you're an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Only reason I don't use them in duels is I can't be bothered to waste the stamina. Same as pots and whatnot. Unless I'm actively trying for a 1-shot.

If someone else DOES want to burn their munies for such things, then I won't complain. XD
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I only use my genie in a duel when the opposition uses theirs first and it puts me at a mjaor disadvantage, if it doesn't, it's just another challenge I'm more than willing to take on. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ....Duel is serious business =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol not calling genie users, anyone who relies on genie to pvp is a coward.

Sounds like another Zoe.

New rule, for PvP, you stand there and auto-attack. Thats it. Anything else & you must be a coward! b:avoid
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I miss if auto-attack, it's unfair D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]