Same-Sex Marriage/Embrace

Comments

• Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    5. Think of all the more money you guys would be making if anyone could marry anyone?

Yeah you know how to talk to them rofl, take them by their feelings b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah you know how to talk to them rofl, take them by their feelings b:chuckle

However, there is also a chance they would loose money by doing that. The real question is, based on who charges zen, are they more likely to stop playing if the game allows for this, or are they more likely to charge more zen?

Also, if you looking at PW making money, they make twice as much right now for those people that really want to get married to someone the same gender. Since the person would have to marry 4 characters to make it look like they are married to someone the same sex.

You can tell PW is testing the waters though. The Duke's announcement is no longer "XY YZ are husband and wife", instead it now says "XY YZ are now married", with no reference to traditional roles or genders.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lulz, I love this. A thread full of nothing but trolling and QQ'ing, and the GM's and mods are keeping it open and are completely ignoring it. These people who want **** marriage so bad just can't take no for an answer. Go ahead. Fight it. I guarantee you more are against it than for it. I could do into further detail and more explanations, but at the end of the day when all is said and done, there is no **** marriage in my game, and that's how I like it. Nothing, NOTHING, will change it.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Although I support this feature being added, I am in agreement with Hellhowl and Pchan on the fact that, no matter what is done, with the current people in charge, this will not be implemented.
    However, Pchan and Hellhowl, you should say that this will NEVER be implemented, because it not only adds to the drama by giving people a reason to snap back, but because nobody, that's right, nobody, knows for a fact that this will never be implemented. The reason being, because, no matter how far into the future it is, people move on, PW officials will eventually be replaced, for whatever reason, and eventually, over time, more than likely, people who are for this being added will be on top. When enough of these people are in charge, this will be most likely added. The fact that it may happen in the future is the reason nobody here should be saying it will NEVER happen. Because, unless you can see into the future, you have no way of knowing whether it will never happen, or wheher it will most definitely happen. Pchan and Hellhowl, this is why, even though our opinions may differ somewhat on this issue, I am somewhat in agreement with your views. Because simply put, deal with how things are at this point in time, and enjoy the rest of this game. There is much more to this game at the moment, be patient.
    So, Pchan, Hellhowl, why don't we focus on something better to debate on: How long will it be until PW adds female barbs and male venos?
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So, Pchan, Hellhowl, why don't we focus on something better to debate on: How long will it be until PW adds female barbs and male venos?

Hopefuly never. Don't touch the untammed.

I hope PW NEVER, EVER, changes the untammed race, including the true form. It is one of the few things in the game that retains a direct link to chinese history and mythology.

True form is a white tiger because the white tiger is the king of all animals. Is the strongest and most powerful, and it would guard the graves of noble heroic generals. In times of war, the white tiger would help the armies against their enemies.

The fox is the the true form for venos (the name veno is a misstranslation, same as barbarian) because that is what they were. Beautiful women that preyed on lonely travelers souls, and were able to talk with other animals. When they were not in the human form as a beautiful young woman, they would turn into foxes and disapear into the forest.

Please, leave the untammed alone. Go find some other cause to fight for, like having PW fix the bugs.

Now go back to the same sex embrace request.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • sheaex
    sheaex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh My God Let This Post Die Already..it Will Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Happen So **** And Let This Dumb Post Die
  • teethewicked
    edited April 2010
    sheaex wrote: »
    Oh My God Let This Post Die Already..it Will Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Happen So **** And Let This Dumb Post Die

Wow, more unintelligent prattle, stated in a rude manner no less. If you want this thread to die, then why post in it at all? And as I said before, unless you can see into the future, you and no one else can honestly say that it absolutely will or absolutely will never happen.

IceJazmin, I take back my former statement on that, you have some good points, they are a special class, hence the gender specifics. Though, I would at least like to be able to make a white tiger as my barb, I see them in the loading screen artwork.
    I agree, the bugs should come first, but I have heard from many that those in charge have flat out said they won't fix some of them, like the rubberbanding issue. Hopefully, as time passes, some innovative and decent people will join the higher-ups, and stuff like that will finally be dealt with. And, who knows, perhaps sometime in the next five or ten years, characters will be able to hug and carry one another, even if only as good friends or brothers-in-arms, regardless of gender. And maybe, I will get my wish for a white tiger barb.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Even if they won't go so far as to allow same sex marriage, then just remove the strictures of having to be male+female from the 'embrace' action. I'd like to be able to give my significant other a ride on my mount with me sometimes and vice-versa.

I would also like to see more couples actions added. Things like just a simple hug would be nice. How about being able to dance with your partner instead of just next to them? Being able to sit in your partner's lap without being on a mount would be fun too.

And what about add a hotel to the major cities? I mean seriously... the SIMMS have had the marriage bed in their game for over a decade now.
  • sheaex
    sheaex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i can say never cuz a GM pointed it out its Chinese customs...they wont allow that or implement it sryy scroll back a few pages u will see , they will NEVER put same sex in srry ...its a Chinese way
  • Grumpybeary - Lost City
    Grumpybeary - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    dont need no pillow bitin **** monkeys **** up the game like they **** everything else up
  • teethewicked
    edited May 2010
    sheaex wrote: »
    i can say never cuz a GM pointed it out its Chinese customs...they wont allow that or implement it sryy scroll back a few pages u will see , they will NEVER put same sex in srry ...its a Chinese way

You must have missed a few points mentioned before, including my own, and no, I have actually read through this entire topic from page 1, so I already have seen the biased and skewed GM post . Whether or not this game is loosely based upon ancient Chinese mythology, the fact remains that, there are other things that do not fit in with that. Modernizations, if you will. That automatically throws the whole "Based on ancient china" argument right out the door. And also, yes, a GM may have said it would not happen, but that is one person, and people can be replaced, people do move on, and eventually, that GM will be gone, for whatever reason. And new GMs will take place. In time, it is more than likely, that there will be enough GMs and higher-ups around that are in favor of this, or even are simply in favor if friendly or brotherly embracing, and the erasing of gender boundaries for carrying, making quests easier for many males, such as the ship jumping quest for Tideborn males. So in the end, regardless of what anyone says, nobody can know for sure whether it will happen, but unless you can see into the future, you cannot say knowingly that it will never occur, because of the fact that the higher-ups will eventually be replaced as time moves on. Unless, of course, they are immortal, and don't age, get fired, or retire. Yes, it will not happen, at this point in time. That is not equivalent to never, and I wish people would stop saying that like they can see into the future, because no one can. And for that matter, there is no fact that it will occur, either. Wait and see, is all anyone can say for a fact. And for the record, and this is hypothetical, if this was implemented in, say, five years from now, what would you have to say when people called you out for using the term "never"? I personally would rather not open myself up to that kind of issue by using such a term.
    dont need no pillow bitin **** monkeys **** up the game like they **** everything else up
    Another unintelligent, utterly rude and discriminatory comment. But I bet you'd be happy if females were allowed to have **** marriages and embrace.

This is why, sadly, as much as I would enjoy having this added, I am also somewhat against adding **** marriages. Because, most likely, it would probably cater more toward males, allowing females to marry and kiss, but still only letting males have any sort of contact in a casual, more brotherly or friend-like, manner. And considering society's obsession with lesbians and bisexual females, China included, this would be much more likely than full-fledged **** marriage for both genders.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • jynxxx
    jynxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hello every1!!!!!!!! ok so i have been playing this game for a long time and i see soooooo many ppl that want same-sex marriages/embrace for soooo many different reasons!!!!!
    I personally hav some1 that i really like but he plays a veno and since im a girl we cant get married which i think is unfair!!! so what if in china ****/bi is taboo its not like most everything in the game isnt as well!!!!! for instance im sure that (and this is a big 1 believe it or not) the ninetail fox being the god of all gods in alot of eastern cultures only has 3 count em 3 tails that my friends is a huge dishonor!!!!! to top it off the ninetail fox in myth can and does fly!!!!!! i was very mad when i spent the $40 on it and it had 3 tails WTF?!?!?!
    But to get back on subject there r so many reasons y same-sex marriages/embrace should b alowed hell make a poll PWI i bet u in 3 days u could get 50k votes for a yes on same-sex inculsion in the game!!!!!!!! And u guys owe it to all us fans to at least make the poll with the HUGE HUGE **** up so called "tideborn" WTF is up with the psy's? lame emo fish trying to copy the wiz and half the customization of the human/elves/untamed u GUYS ARE LOSING UR TOUCH U OWE IT TO US TO AT LEAST DO A POLL TO C HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT IT OR AGAINST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    jynxxx wrote: »
    Hello every1!!!!!!!! ok so i have been playing this game for a long time and i see soooooo many ppl that want same-sex marriages/embrace for soooo many different reasons!!!!!
    I personally hav some1 that i really like but he plays a veno and since im a girl we cant get married which i think is unfair!!! so what if in china ****/bi is taboo its not like most everything in the game isnt as well!!!!! for instance im sure that (and this is a big 1 believe it or not) the ninetail fox being the god of all gods in alot of eastern cultures only has 3 count em 3 tails that my friends is a huge dishonor!!!!! to top it off the ninetail fox in myth can and does fly!!!!!! i was very mad when i spent the $40 on it and it had 3 tails WTF?!?!?!
    But to get back on subject there r so many reasons y same-sex marriages/embrace should b alowed hell make a poll PWI i bet u in 3 days u could get 50k votes for a yes on same-sex inculsion in the game!!!!!!!! And u guys owe it to all us fans to at least make the poll with the HUGE HUGE **** up so called "tideborn" WTF is up with the psy's? lame emo fish trying to copy the wiz and half the customization of the human/elves/untamed u GUYS ARE LOSING UR TOUCH U OWE IT TO US TO AT LEAST DO A POLL TO C HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT IT OR AGAINST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many times must it be said? Never. Gonna. Happen. Seriously, this game is Chinese, and China is 500% against this. If you want same sex marriages on PWI, move to China and protest, I promise you won't be shot and/or thrown in jailb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How many times must it be said? Never. Gonna. Happen. Seriously, this game is Chinese, and China is 500% against this. If you want same sex marriages on PWI, move to China and protest, I promise you won't be shot and/or thrown in jailb:chuckle

this + over 9000 b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    jynxxx wrote: »

1. to answer your QQ: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6646681&postcount=60 and 2:

go play another game if PW doesn't satisfy you. b:bye
  • teethewicked
    edited June 2010

Sorry, but I don't think you can tell the future. And unless you can, you have no knowledge of whether or not such things will be put into the game at any time in the future. Sorry, but you don't provide any valid points, as China is no longer against it, though the majority of Chinese populus do look down on it. Also, the game is loosely based off of Chinese mythology, yet has other things ingame that don't adhere to it's setting. Not to mention, this isn't the Chinese PW, it is PWI, run by different people, and as they have the rights to PWI, not PW, they have can put this into PWI if they want, even if PW does not. And if you disagree with me on the never issue, then answer me this: How could you possibly know that this will never happen? Can you see into the future? Are you saying that the same people will run thsi game forever? Because unless either of those are the case, then you can't in all honesty say never as a fact, you can only say it as an opinion, as your personal wish for it to never be ingame. I personally don't care, if you read my above post, I actually would prefer it not added seeing as it would most likely cater to straight males who just want to see lesbians.
    1. to answer your QQ: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6646681&postcount=60 and 2:

go play another game if PW doesn't satisfy you. b:bye

Exactly my point, there are other things that make this game worth playing. Not to mention, marriage is a ripoff IMO as it it so costly. So what, I may not be able to marry in game, a certain female I know in real life, because she plays as a veno, and, while I am a guy, I prefer playing as a veno because I like having a pet as part of my strategy. But, I can deal with it, as the game has many other things I like. I am more worried about them getting rid of rubberbanding, and allowing females to carry males, as well as both genders being able to carry their same-gender buddies(Perhaps piggyback, as it has a more brotherly/sisterly feeling to it)
    That link you provided is pointless, as it is invalid and horribly biased, and doesn't even make proper use of comparisons in an argument. Not to mention, as i have said, that GM will eventually, at some point in time, move on, for whatever reason, and not be part of those in charge.

Everyone, this was dead, until someone revived it. This is simple, and both those for and against this should listen up: This will not be added AT THIS POINT IN TIME. PERIOD The devs are busy with more important things at the moment, this can wait. But, also, and this is directed to those who carelessly throw around the word "never", NOBODY CAN TELL THE FUTURE, and, regardless of how many may not like it, IT IS POSSIBLE THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.
    Deal with it, or leave, there is more important things to worry about in this game, and much more to enjoy, and perhaps, someday this will be added. I don't care either way, it isn't something that important to me in an ONLINE, VIRTUAL SIMULATED WORLD. This game is not reality, so you have to accept it at face value.
    So, STOP SAYING THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, and STOP WHINING THAT IT IS NOT INGAME. This is a petty issue in regard to a game that is NOT A DATING SIM
    I rest my case, and hope there will be no more bickering and biased, whiny, or know-it-all, posts

Can anyone tell me what QQ means? I still have yet to figure it out, I am not exactly well-versed in PWI's internet dialect.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QQ is migrate from WoW, Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of WoW II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joangirl
    joangirl Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ---toons
    Herc/Nix,Veno lvl 90

archer lvl 85
    i sugest that the Game should make Male VENO and a Female Barbarian(let us chose genders in those clases plees)

and for the ones that already a have Venomacer or Barbarian,give those people 1 oportunity
    to change the gender, and i gues people can be happy

tks
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    joangirl wrote: »
    i sugest that the Game should make Male VENO and a Female Barbarian(let us chose genders in those clases plees)

how about NO?
    ne-ver-gun-na-ha-pen

*facedesk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    That link you provided is pointless, as it is invalid and horribly biased, and doesn't even make proper use of comparisons in an argument. Not to mention, as i have said, that GM will eventually, at some point in time, move on, for whatever reason, and not be part of those in charge.

Actually, this link should have ended all questions. Darthpanda already stated, the Devs made a heavy "No" statement,
    "TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons."

Before all of you "in favor" people want to fight and argue about the culture, I highly suggest, go live in China and experience the culture yourself for a couple years. Talking about it isn't going to draw that picture in your minds. Maybe you'll even learn Chinese to even push that suggestion to the devs rather than making the same suggestion post here.

I've said this in my earlier post on this thread before someone "rezzed" it back, you people who favors the suggestion just don't understand how much culture is important, especially a strict eastern culture in China. "If you cannot accept or understand the culture, then move on. You don't have to play PW, go play those "other games" that makes you happy. Why even bother to make 1 out of a million games out there to change to how a few in the society accepts or doesn't care this? Saying society is slowly accepting it doesn't really mean, the culture did."

For example, it's just like telling a person who is strictly religious about eating meat and you tell them so what, everyone loves meat, so here have some! Just because society accepts it, doesn't mean the certain religion has to. Either you're into it or out of it. Nobody forced you to do this, and the religion strictly said while you follow this belief, you can't eat meat! (This is only for the purpose of an example, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone and no, I'm not going up against any arguments over this example, while it can be wrong which I probably know I am.)

But, also, and this is directed to those who carelessly throw around the word "never", NOBODY CAN TELL THE FUTURE, and, regardless of how many may not like it, IT IS POSSIBLE THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.

I rest my case, and hope there will be no more bickering and biased, whiny, or know-it-all, posts

Doubtfully this is going to happen in the "possible future" of the next X years of my life. I am not being a know-it-all, but I understand Chinese culture myself as I'm Chinese. I am voicing my opinion about the suggestion by sharing what I know of the Chinese culture and I ask of all of you who "favors" same sex marriage or relationship, keep it to yourselves and at least pay some respect to the Chinese and Perfect World that we even have such this game to play, internationally.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    QQ is migrate from WoW, Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of WoW II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.

Actually, the "alt+Q+Q" thingy comes from ******** III : The Frozen Throne, not "WoW II".
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, but I don't think you can tell the future. And unless you can, you have no knowledge of whether or not such things will be put into the game at any time in the future. Sorry, but you don't provide any valid points, as China is no longer against it, though the majority of Chinese populus do look down on it. Also, the game is loosely based off of Chinese mythology, yet has other things ingame that don't adhere to it's setting. Not to mention, this isn't the Chinese PW, it is PWI, run by different people, and as they have the rights to PWI, not PW, they have can put this into PWI if they want, even if PW does not. And if you disagree with me on the never issue, then answer me this: How could you possibly know that this will never happen? Can you see into the future? Are you saying that the same people will run thsi game forever? Because unless either of those are the case, then you can't in all honesty say never as a fact, you can only say it as an opinion, as your personal wish for it to never be ingame. I personally don't care, if you read my above post, I actually would prefer it not added seeing as it would most likely cater to straight males who just want to see lesbians.

Exactly my point, there are other things that make this game worth playing. Not to mention, marriage is a ripoff IMO as it it so costly. So what, I may not be able to marry in game, a certain female I know in real life, because she plays as a veno, and, while I am a guy, I prefer playing as a veno because I like having a pet as part of my strategy. But, I can deal with it, as the game has many other things I like. I am more worried about them getting rid of rubberbanding, and allowing females to carry males, as well as both genders being able to carry their same-gender buddies(Perhaps piggyback, as it has a more brotherly/sisterly feeling to it)

Everyone, this was dead, until someone revived it. This is simple, and both those for and against this should listen up: This will not be added AT THIS POINT IN TIME. PERIOD The devs are busy with more important things at the moment, this can wait. But, also, and this is directed to those who carelessly throw around the word "never", NOBODY CAN TELL THE FUTURE, and, regardless of how many may not like it, IT IS POSSIBLE THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE.
    Deal with it, or leave, there is more important things to worry about in this game, and much more to enjoy, and perhaps, someday this will be added. I don't care either way, it isn't something that important to me in an ONLINE, VIRTUAL SIMULATED WORLD. This game is not reality, so you have to accept it at face value.
    So, STOP SAYING THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, and STOP WHINING THAT IT IS NOT INGAME. This is a petty issue in regard to a game that is NOT A DATING SIM

Can anyone tell me what QQ means? I still have yet to figure it out, I am not exactly well-versed in PWI's internet dialect.
    No, I can't tell the future. Nobody can. However unless PWI gets really lucky, by the time it's okay for same sex marriage to be allowed on PWI, PWI will be a dead game. Even if it does happen in China someday in the future, it's VERY unlikely to ever happen in this game. You could however work around it. Say your main is named Ilia, make an alt named IIia. With the ingame font you can't tell the difference. Have your mate do the same and have one main marry the other's alt. That's as close to same sex marriage this game is gonna get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't want to sound rude, but we've been debating this for 15 pages. Can we just say NO and have done with it? It's never going to happen and there's probably about 821038123 topics about it already.
  • teethewicked
    edited June 2010
    Actually, this link should have ended all questions. Darthpanda already stated, the Devs made a heavy "No" statement,
    "TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons."

Before all of you "in favor" people want to fight and argue about the culture, I highly suggest, go live in China and experience the culture yourself for a couple years. Talking about it isn't going to draw that picture in your minds. Maybe you'll even learn Chinese to even push that suggestion to the devs rather than making the same suggestion post here.

I've said this in my earlier post on this thread before someone "rezzed" it back, you people who favors the suggestion just don't understand how much culture is important, especially a strict eastern culture in China. "If you cannot accept or understand the culture, then move on. You don't have to play PW, go play those "other games" that makes you happy. Why even bother to make 1 out of a million games out there to change to how a few in the society accepts or doesn't care this? Saying society is slowly accepting it doesn't really mean, the culture did."

For example, it's just like telling a person who is strictly religious about eating meat and you tell them so what, everyone loves meat, so here have some! Just because society accepts it, doesn't mean the certain religion has to. Either you're into it or out of it. Nobody forced you to do this, and the religion strictly said while you follow this belief, you can't eat meat! (This is only for the purpose of an example, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone and no, I'm not going up against any arguments over this example, while it can be wrong which I probably know I am.)

Doubtfully this is going to happen in the "possible future" of the next X years of my life. I am not being a know-it-all, but I understand Chinese culture myself as I'm Chinese. I am voicing my opinion about the suggestion by sharing what I know of the Chinese culture and I ask of all of you who "favors" same sex marriage or relationship, keep it to yourselves and at least pay some respect to the Chinese and Perfect World that we even have such this game to play, internationally.

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. Whether or not I or anyone else thinks this will happen or not, in the future or not, was not my point. You bring up a good point yourself, and yes, most likely, if it happens, it won't be in our lifetimes, as the Devs are probably not that old themselves, therefore will be around for many years to come.
    My point, was that people need to stop being so butthurt and shoving their opinions down each other's throats as if they are fact, whining about not being given something that isn't even that important to the game, or carelessly throwing around the word "never" as if it were fact, when it is nothing more than speculative thinking. I wasn't referring to you, actually, I was referring to the people who keep using the term "never" in such a forceful, matter-of-fact, and know-it-all manner. Even Devs, GMs, peope in charge, will eventually leave. You on the other hand, bring up a valid point without speaking so matter-of-factly. Maybe it won't be in our lifetime, but this is always a "possiblity". Of course, people also need to realize, that "possibility" is not the same as "Definitely going to happen". Wishful thinking does not automatically make something a done deal. There is proper reasoning to believe that it won't happen, or, if it does, it won't be for a very long time.
    And also, I'm not "in favor" of this, I really don't care either way; this isn't a dating sim, I play this for other reasons. While it would be nice for gameplay balance reasons(I hear you get a quest and exp and stuff), it would most likely just cater to the world's obsession with lesbians(especially in the U.S. and Asian countries), and would leave out the males, making it even more biased and discriminatory. Also, as I said before, there is much more to this game than marriages, and I personally like all those other things enough to not worry about something as small as marriages. I'd actually rather see some sort of friendship or family quest, maybe even adoptions or something along those lines. And of course, I think instead of worrying about marriage, the devs should focus more on simply allowing females to carry, and both genders to carry the same gender, like buddies do. Friendly piggyback rides or something like that would be much cooler than marriage IMO. I do not know the current status of female equality in China, so I cannot in all honesty say that this is something likely in this lifetime either. But, that seems much more likely than the marriages, and I think allowing gender choices of Untamed is much worse on the mythological setting of the game than same-gender marriages. As far as Untamed go, I'd rather see them allow you to be the white tiger I see in the loading screens, and perhaps allow some fur color customizations of the barbs, nothing too drastic, but it would at least add some variety instead of seeing the same thing all the time, and trying to figure out who is who.
    Ultimately, marriage in a virtual game world should not really be an important factor in how much you enjoy a game with so much to offer. This is not a dating sim, after all, this is a game where I can run around and kill things for amusement. I like hearing the sweet sound of something dying by my hand.
    Though, you have to admit, comparing same-gender marriages to changing Mario into a yellow dino is a ridiculous, sophomoric, and horribly incorrect use of comparison for justification an argument.

Thanks to everyone for informing me on QQ, I still am getting use to PWI's acronyms.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • teethewicked
    edited June 2010
    No, I can't tell the future. Nobody can. However unless PWI gets really lucky, by the time it's okay for same sex marriage to be allowed on PWI, PWI will be a dead game. Even if it does happen in China someday in the future, it's VERY unlikely to ever happen in this game. You could however work around it. Say your main is named Ilia, make an alt named IIia. With the ingame font you can't tell the difference. Have your mate do the same and have one main marry the other's alt. That's as close to same sex marriage this game is gonna get.

Yes, I know of the workaround, but as I said before, this isn't a dating sim, I don't play this to shack up with other people. I play this to kill things, and there is so much other stuff to this game, why is one small thing a big deal? I'd rather see more customization options for Untamed, perhaps add some more masculine options to the feminine Tideborn males(They really need facial hair options), and of course, more pigtails for the females! And before that, I'd like to see the bigger issues like rubberbanding, fixed.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Okay first off, I'll say that I'm in agreement that this feature should be added, because putting ALL real world and political issues aside, I do not see this actually hurting anyone for if the facts that you just don't like seeing two same sex couples together, you do have (figuratively speaking) two legs! You "can" move away or move your screen if you are disturbed by seeing two same-sex couples kissing or being married... w/e.

Second I'll go into dissecting Darthpanda16's post and why it's a pretty big fallacy, first let's quote then dissect:
    I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE, but to answer this thread and then close it, here is why it isn't going to change.

Game is made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.

The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes. A game shouldn't be changed just because a cultural or political shift in a different country wants it to be so. Please keep in mind China and the US operate different types of governments with their own laws.

Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it.

Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed.

TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons.

End of line...

First point of interest...

1. "I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE", that's true you do not speak or represent the Community Manger or PWE in its entirety or any officially validated statement by such... So i.e. it's not official because one GM decides to state their own personal opinion.

Second point of interest...

2. "Game was made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.", Yes that may be true but because something was made somewhere does not mean that it cannot change elsewhere, i.e. localization, multiple requests, etc." in addition to this it also doesn't mean that all people in China are against same-sex mirages or the latter. Take this as, one small but powerful group (i.e. Government) of people decide upon something, and the masses of regulars are not allowed to express or go against the small group in power. (I'm sure in China there are many people who are for same-sex mirage or the latter).

Third point of interest...
    3. "The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes." As I said before putting all political and social issues aside... The game was not designed for a lot of things that we have now comparing to version 1. However because of "suggestions", either by players, staff, developers, etc... we see that this has changed and because of different types of feedback the game has been given updates to content and features which it wasn't originally designed for. Also if this was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes, as many other players said, I don't think Bestiality-type actions were a part of Chinese myth and themes, nor were many other things in the game.

Fourth point of interest...

4. "Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it."

Okay many, many things in this statement which either are a really bad example or just don't go. The Mario statement doesn't exactly fit, however I will say that Nintendo did make Paper Mario and I'm sure some people didn't like that, or the Live Action Movie based on Mario, etc... If people didn't want the Sun... I can see how adding something is equal to or similar in the aspect of causing a Sun to go Supernova and subtracting something rather than adding a feature in an Online Video Game... Ok... Anyway moving on to my fifth point...

Fifth point of interest...

5. "Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed."

True that because a poll is posted and so many people voted on it does not in fact make it a law, however it does say something that should be taken into hard consideration that people "want" or rather, "suggest", this feature be added, it doesn't mean that it should be ignored. To a company any true idea or issue of interest should be taken into hard and concise consideration before one entity is allowed to say "No". Yes the developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with a set of rules for a reason, however it has been apparent that there are some inconsistencies with this version and the Chinese version each with a variant of rules, and also why is the suggestion forum allowed if not a place to "suggest" new features or changes to policy?

In closing of this, I'd like to say a lot of people are not intentionally getting "upset", however they still want their voices to be heard in some form, i.e. the suggestion forum. So as a letter to all, please do not get upset when you see people expressing their heart-felt concern or suggestion. All they want is a simple feature, and if it is or is not implemented they still have a right to post what they feel should be added into the game.

Thank you,

N.S.H.

P.S. I'm just stating a couple of facts (excluding the start with my opinion), and that I see this starts to get a bit too political and personal from both sides, inc GM(s). That if this is to be taken into as a serious "Suggestion", that perhaps the politics and biases should be left alone. I hope I have left out as much bias-ness, if the above is a bit vague (or similar) please feel free to question.

"While I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire"

To add to the interest of this suggestion, can no one think of an impasse? What if we were to satisfy both sides of this "debate" as one would call it. Perhaps an option to choose same sex mirage/emotes, and one to deny seeing such things in their world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Yes, I know of the workaround, but as I said before, this isn't a dating sim, I don't play this to shack up with other people. I play this to kill things, and there is so much other stuff to this game, why is one small thing a big deal? I'd rather see more customization options for Untamed, perhaps add some more masculine options to the feminine Tideborn males(They really need facial hair options), and of course, more pigtails for the females! And before that, I'd like to see the bigger issues like rubberbanding, fixed.
    It's a big deal because people keep making this exact same suggestion every other week even they know it's not going to happen. And you're right it's much much less important than every other update that can be made to this game.

Actually on second thought I think we are using the word "never" arrogantly. Allow me to rephrase every "Never" that has been used up to this point.

IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE this is not going to happen. So until something like this is in the forseeable future, please everyone stop making threads about it. Now will a mod or GM put this thread out of our misory PLEASE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't want to sound rude, but we've been debating this for 15 pages.

Seems like 15 years. -.-
    It's a big deal because people keep making this exact same suggestion every other week even they know it's not going to happen. And you're right it's much much less important than every other update that can be made to this game.

Actually on second thought I think we are using the word "never" arrogantly. Allow me to rephrase every "Never" that has been used up to this point.

IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE this is not going to happen. So until something like this is in the forseeable future, please everyone stop making threads about it. Now will a mod or GM put this thread out of our misory PLEASE.

+1.
  • teethewicked
    edited June 2010

I agree, sadly. And thank you, I appreciate that at least someone sees the bigger picture here, that the word "never" shouldn't be thrown around so loosely. Because it is a fallacy that only feeds the fire, so to speak. No one, myself included, can predict the future. We can make accurate guesses of the near, or forseeable, if you will, future, but further along, no one truly can know.
    Despite the fact that this is likely to eventually be added, the fact is, none of us who play at the moment, will likely still be around/interested, by the time it does. And this, too, is why those who want this added need to deal with the fact that, no matter how much they want it, and no matter how much they beg, it is up to the people in charge.
    This is another thing that must also be addressed. The people in charge of making this decision, contrary to what many seem to think, is not China, or anyone affiliated with the original PW. Nor are the people in charge the GMs or moderators of PWI, or the players, for that matter. It is solely up to the Perfect World International Developers, not China or Chinese PW, not anyone else. And face it, despite how many people support this, marriage in this game is, in the eyes of some(like myself) a ripoff, and will not be more commonly purchased just from adding this. The devs know this, and are taking the more logical path, pushing this aside so that they can focus on better things that make the game more interesting or fun for everyone. So you are a guy who cannot marry your real life wife because you both play barbs? Deal with it, this is not a dating sim, you are together in real life, is that not enough? Enjoy the game for what it is, and stop whining.

Now that I have had more to say on this, who agrees with me that there needs to be more pigtails for the females? I am more worried about that being developed, or for heaven's sake, some facial hair for the Tideborn males. seriously, they look way too much like chicks already, and the majority of their hairstyles only add to their femininity.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It is solely up to the Perfect World International Developers, not China or Chinese PW, not anyone else

The devs ARE in China.... *they* provide all versions of PW and their language translations. The American staff here is simply hosting the PWI version.

And why is this thread still open??? The official answer to this suggestion is "no". It's time for this to be locked NOW.
This discussion has been closed.