Same-Sex Marriage/Embrace

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why be **** in first place?
    bcuz girls are so sexy <3
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well even the name confusen soloution do not sit well with me.

IF i am to marry anyone ingame it will be another male charekter not someone with a name almost like his. I do not see either why we have to pay dubble price to get married just because we got same gender.
    Also i still want to be able to carry my male friends or to carry friends on my Veno.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE, but to answer this thread and then close it, here is why it isn't going to change.

Game is made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.

The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes. A game shouldn't be changed just because a cultural or political shift in a different country wants it to be so. Please keep in mind China and the US operate different types of governments with their own laws.

Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it.

Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed.

TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons.

End of line...[QOUTE]

game wuzz not made in china, but based on chinese culture.. it wuzz made in california... but i do agree lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Since i first started playing over a year and a half ago i was annoyed by this, although i don't play to marry anyone in game. Not being able to marry same sex is homophobic and discrimination, considering sexuality is determined by genes. Second not being able to embrace same sex, homophobic again, as for females not being able to carry males, that's pure "males are physically superior to females" which is bs.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    welll... gosh idkayy who to agree with, you all have such great argumentz, I'M SWITZERLAND >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
    edited April 2010
    I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE, but to answer this thread and then close it, here is why it isn't going to change.

Game is made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.

The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes. A game shouldn't be changed just because a cultural or political shift in a different country wants it to be so. Please keep in mind China and the US operate different types of governments with their own laws.

Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it.

Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed.

TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons.

End of line...[QOUTE]

game wuzz not made in china, but based on chinese culture.. it wuzz made in california... but i do agree lmao

Read the thread maybe?
    This has been both linked and quoted and argued against/for before in this thread.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQ about **** marriage all you guys want. It isn't going to happen.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQ about **** marriage all you guys want. It isn't going to happen.

Oh, it will happen, eventually. It may be a long time, but it eventually, ultimately, will. The reason being, because many people do not choose their gender, they are forced to make a male if they want a barb, or a female if they want a veno. And of course, the whole fairness and gameplay balance issue(Which I have already stated twice before). People can say it won't happen all they want, but unfortunately, it will. Because no matter how many might be against it, or not want to work on adding it, eventually, people move on, new faces show up, and those new faces may have different opinions. And for the post on this game being based on China, regardless, the game is not Ancient China, and I highly doubt China condones people having relations with animals any more than same-gender marriage, and of course, the whole male/female equality issue. Also, the whole "Turning Mario into a yellow dino" argument: FAIL. Seriously, just, that is not even a proper comparison, the person who said it should take debate classes. And finally, this has all been said numerous times before, so it gets redundant.
    Fact: this will probably take years before it gets added.
    Fact: Most people game to escape the real world, which lacks balance or fairness, so it would be nice to be able to play a game that has balance and fairness in all respects
    Fact:(And I find myself repeating my previous statements again) There is more to this game than marriage, and while the carrying issue is a bit more pressing, the solution is simple: deal with it or leave
    It would be nice to be added, but this thread should just rest already. It has turned from a decent topic on adding a feature into the game, to a topic revolving around morality views, and many immature, ignorant, and sometimes just utterly stupid posts.

Forgive my lack of some internet lingo, but what does QQ stand for?
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    This will NEVER be implemented.

PWE needs and wants money. People that hate and/or are opposed to **** marriage play this game. They'd lose more money than they would make from putting this in. It's all about money, that and also certian religious groups would make attacks against the company if such a thing was ever implemented. So no, no amount of crying, bawling, and moaning will make this EVER be implemented.

In short, stop crying. This will never be put in.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

No longer playing PWI.
  • Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think that we should have same sex embrace because It's a game need, same sex embrace could be a pigback ride for example.
  • Neferhotep - Sanctuary
    Neferhotep - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    of course, because of chinese history this wont happen, and yes, its sad ...
    I can understand same sex marriage is against chinese culture, but it isnt the same with carrying. While **** marriage wasnt legal, THERE WERE some **** and lesbians even kissing each other, theres a difference between carrying and marriage.
    And my personal problem is that, while some guys say they dont wanna see 2 men or 2 girls loving each other, the **** players "have" to see a barb and veno kissing eacht other.
    If they dont wanna see homosexuals, then why do we have to watch heterosexuals ingame?
    Better turn off the carrying/marriage sysem in pwi or allow it for everyone b:cool
    (it is just like being a male cleric or female bm, or even talking about male venos n female barbs ... because they could be no-manly or not ladylike ... or whatever)
    But well, we cant change it, samesex isnt allowed in most onlinegames.
    Making money out of those games is most important and everyone whod work there would act like them so lets stop annoying the gms, it isnt their problem.
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think that we should have same sex embrace because It's a game need, same sex embrace could be a pigback ride for example.

Or like I said in my thread, they code it so if a female initiates an embrace, the male embraces her, but on *HER* mount. So simple, it's insane they can't put this in.
    edited April 2010
    Or like I said in my thread, they code it so if a female initiates an embrace, the male embraces her, but on *HER* mount. So simple, it's insane they can't put this in.

That would still mean female can not carry female and male can not carry males.

The issue here is not if a female should be able to carry a man but if two of same gender should.
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    Necyla - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to see the embracing thing.
    As you can see in this post, my wife and I are not too worried about the marriage thing, seeing as how we're already married.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7342292&postcount=47

But it's sad we can't embrace. Her mount is faster than mine and her wings are faster than mine, so I sometimes have trouble keeping up.

This would eliminate that problem, if only she could carry me.

(I wouldn't mind being able to kiss her, either. b:chuckle)
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    I'd like to see the embracing thing.
    As you can see in this post, my wife and I are not too worried about the marriage thing, seeing as how we're already married.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7342292&postcount=47

But it's sad we can't embrace. Her mount is faster than mine and her wings are faster than mine, so I sometimes have trouble keeping up.

This would eliminate that problem, if only she could carry me.

(I wouldn't mind being able to kiss her, either. b:chuckle)

You can't embrace because you're not married to one another. You two married two separate other characters with similar names to your mains.

No longer playing PWI.
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    You can't embrace because you're not married to one another. You two married two separate other characters with similar names to your mains.
    You're wrong. We can't embrace because we're both female.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You're wrong. We can't embrace because we're both female.

I think he means you both switched the "L" with an "I" on a random male character name, like for example, NECYLA for the male character that your friend doesn't play, and your name is spelled NECYIA, thus you are really "not married" to your "female" partner. You are married to a male character named NECYLA. Otherwise that wouldn't even be possible to wed female to female.

PW is and will always be against the idea of females carrying anyone and like everyone already stated, it's a game about Chinese Culture where you play in their fantasy.

Honestly topics like this shouldn't be brought up when PW already said NO. Accept the fact that No really means No. Don't like it, don't play PW. b:bye
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I think he means you both switched the "L" with an "I" on a random male character name, like for example, NECYLA for the male character that your friend doesn't play, and your name is spelled NECYIA, thus you are really "not married" to your "female" partner. You are married to a male character named NECYLA. Otherwise that wouldn't even be possible to wed female to female.

PW is and will always be against the idea of females carrying anyone and like everyone already stated, it's a game about Chinese Culture where you play in their fantasy.

Honestly topics like this shouldn't be brought up when PW already said NO. Accept the fact that No really means No. Don't like it, don't play PW. b:bye
    Wrong again. =P
    But close enough, anyways.

Either way, not only are we married.. We're married twice as much as most people!
    And we can't even embrace. >=[

As for it being about chinese culture, it's not only about chinese culture or steam punk and all that junk wouldn't exist.
    It's based on Chinese Cultures, but with modern changes.

Well, this is a modern change. Time to get with the times!
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Wrong again. =P
    But close enough, anyways.

Either way, not only are we married.. We're married twice as much as most people!
    And we can't even embrace. >=[

I would care less how many times people are married, or how you got married. Accept the fact that no female can embrace another female/male. Wan Mei said NO. b:bye
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I would care less how many times people are married, or how you got married. Accept the fact that no female can embrace another female/male. Wan Mei said NO. b:bye
    Changes don't happen when no one is willing to fight for them.

You asking people to stop completely will never happen, just like how you think this suggestion will never happen.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Changes don't happen when no one is willing to fight for them.

You asking people to stop completely will never happen, just like how you think this suggestion will never happen.

That's just like saying, Change your personality, Change to someone whom you're not, Change the true essence of Culture. This is going to be a long debate, but according to the Chinese, they are against it. There is nothing wrong with embracing female to female. Here's a perfect example: There's nothing wrong with believing in a specific religion. But when it comes to relating to my life. I can't accept that specific religion because I don't agree having it as a part of my life or culture. Since I created this particular game (still being an example), I don't want to include that "specific" religion into it, and it doesn't bother me if my customers don't like it and no, nothing will change my decisions on what I've decided.

The other reasons being, children are exposed to this game. I don't need to explain much here. >_>
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    That's just like saying, Change your personality, Change to someone whom you're not, Change the true essence of Culture. This is going to be a long debate, but according to the Chinese, they are against it. There is nothing wrong with embracing female to female. Here's a perfect example: There's nothing wrong with believing in a specific religion. But when it comes to relating to my life. I can't accept that specific religion because I don't agree having it as a part of my life or culture. Since I created this particular game (still being an example), I don't want to include that "specific" religion into it, and it doesn't bother me if my customers don't like it and no, nothing will change my decisions on what I've decided.

The other reasons being, children are exposed to this game. I don't need to explain much here. >_>
    China is starting to open up to homosexuals, just like USA is starting to. Going slow for both, but it's certainly happening.

As for your second reason.
    I see no validity in it, not a single bit.
    Only closed-mindedness.
    Raising children to be closed minded it not a good thing.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    China is starting to open up to homosexuals, just like USA is starting to. Going slow for both, but it's certainly happening.

Not until the old generations leave us, I don't see society accepting it rapidly. If you're asking for a modern change, then I suggest a change in those old architectural buildings in archosaur as well. The game was based on the old culture and I'd have to say, they've already introduced more than enough modern-ness to us to an extent where certain fashion isn't allowed in the old Chinese culture.

Just because some of you accept homosexuals doesn't mean majority of the population would accept it in the open. I would rather keep it how it is now than to expose it and like I've stated previously, if you're not agreeing with PW, don't play the game. Go elsewhere and you'll both be in the win/win situation.

Children wouldn't understand it because they're neurotically not developed to understand these certain circumstances yet. I rather not have 2344353 upset parents complaining about game content being inappropriate and have my game shut down by court order.
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Not until the old generations leave us, I don't see society accepting it rapidly. If you're asking for a modern change, then I suggest a change in those old architectural buildings in archosaur as well. The game was based on the old culture and I'd have to say, they've already introduced more than enough modern-ness to us to an extent where certain fashion isn't allowed in the old Chinese culture.

Just because some of you accept homosexuals doesn't mean majority of the population would accept it in the open. I would rather keep it how it is now than to expose it and like I've stated previously, if you're not agreeing with PW, don't play the game. Go elsewhere and you'll both be in the win/win situation.

Children wouldn't understand it because they're neurotically not developed to understand these certain circumstances yet. I rather not have 2344353 upset parents complaining about game content being inappropriate and have my game shut down by court order.
    There are plenty of games with same-sex relations allowed. Some MMO, most not!
    They are still here and are continuing to be made.

So you're saying children would understand opposite-sex marriages?
    Children understand what they are taught, or learn on their own.
    If they are taught same-sex marriage is bad, they will think it is bad until they can learn to think openly for themselves. Then their opinion may change, or it may not.

If they are taught relationships, no matter the gender are okay, maybe we wouldn't be having debates about same/opposite/any sex relations and they'd just be "relations"

PS. If everyone left the game over one thing they didn't like, not a single person would be playing this game.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    There are plenty of games with same-sex relations allowed. Some MMO, most not!
    They are still here and are continuing to be made.

So you're saying children would understand opposite-sex marriages?
    Children understand what they are taught, or learn on their own.
    If they are taught same-sex marriage is bad, they will think it is bad until they can learn to think openly for themselves. Then their opinion may change, or it may not.

If they are taught relationships, no matter the gender are okay, maybe we wouldn't be having debates about same/opposite/any sex relations and they'd just be "relations"

PS. If everyone left the game over one thing they didn't like, not a single person would be playing this game.

>_> That's "other games", not PW. I can name a few who doesn't include same sex marriages and some games doesn't even have it for sake! again, the developers in China already said no. What part of "NO" do you not understand? Be glad what we have now or they may just take it all away and we all have nothing. -_-

Children don't understand until adolescence because according to Myer's psychology in modules, 2007, Children don't develop logic in their brains until at least by the age of 10. They wont see the logic being homosexuals and it would just confuse the heck out of them.

With all these being brought up, you're still not seeing what the general public agrees or disagrees with. Sure, there is no problem being homosexual, but at least pay some respect to those who aren't okay with it and keep it to your personal life. A game afterall is a game. When it becomes public, everyone will be exposed to these content regardless of age, so be thankful we even have PW International, else you'll be playing this game in Chinese.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's not gonna happen. Everyone needs to get over it and forget about it. If you're a guy and you want to marry another guy, get your boyfriend to make a female character... and again... get over it. I'm sure at least one of you guys in a homo couple would enjoy the female fashions.

The only way I could see same sex embracing I don't think would even be embracing, it'd be more like multiple passenger mounts, which I don't think they're going to do either.

So go cry about same sex marriage to someone who cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    It's not gonna happen. Everyone needs to get over it and forget about it. If you're a guy and you want to marry another guy, get your boyfriend to make a female character... and again... get over it. I'm sure at least one of you guys in a homo couple would enjoy the female fashions.

The only way I could see same sex embracing I don't think would even be embracing, it'd be more like multiple passenger mounts, which I don't think they're going to do either.

So go cry about same sex marriage to someone who cares.
    If you don't care, don't post. Simple as that.
    Your complaining is no better.
  • Necyla - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    >_> That's "other games", not PW. I can name a few who doesn't include same sex marriages and some games doesn't even have it for sake! again, the developers in China already said no. What part of "NO" do you not understand? Be glad what we have now or they may just take it all away and we all have nothing. -_-

Children don't understand until adolescence because according to Myer's psychology in modules, 2007, Children don't develop logic in their brains until at least by the age of 10. They wont see the logic being homosexuals and it would just confuse the heck out of them.

With all these being brought up, you're still not seeing what the general public agrees or disagrees with. Sure, there is no problem being homosexual, but at least pay some respect to those who aren't okay with it and keep it to your personal life. A game afterall is a game. When it becomes public, everyone will be exposed to these content regardless of age, so be thankful we even have PW International, else you'll be playing this game in Chinese.
    Yes, other games. I am using them as examples because, they have them, and the world didn't end.

If you're saying children don't understand homosexual relations, what makes you think they would understand hetero relations?
    I can't seem to find them for this game, but most MMOs don't allow children under the age of 13 to play.

As for being exposed to it. Even in real life, people are exposed to it often.
    It's in the news, there are **** pride parades, etc, etc.
    Having someone's name above your head or embracing someone of the same sex should seriously not matter to people who disagree with it.
    It doesn't effect them. And even if some some strange reason they think it does, you don't see random people for more than 30 seconds, usually anyways.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Yes, other games. I am using them as examples because, they have them, and the world didn't end.

If you're saying children don't understand homosexual relations, what makes you think they would understand hetero relations?
    I can't seem to find them for this game, but most MMOs don't allow children under the age of 13 to play.

As for being exposed to it. Even in real life, people are exposed to it often.
    It's in the news, there are **** pride parades, etc, etc.
    Having someone's name above your head or embracing someone of the same sex should seriously not matter to people who disagree with it.
    It doesn't effect them. And even if some some strange reason they think it does, you don't see random people for more than 30 seconds, usually anyways.

Just because other gaming companies are okay with having this feature doesn't mean PW has to have this feature. Again, Wan Mei already stated, No, we do not want this feature included in PW. Accept it as a no. If you're really that desperate for it, hey feel free to send the Chinese devs an e-mail again with all signed petitions who are up for it b:victory. Not likely they're going to visit us here and read all these pleads for it. If you want to do something about it, take the action because I'm sure many of us are seeing this suggestion as a broken record.

Children don't understand it because dear old Piaget confirmed it. Here's a experiment that was already conducted to show you exactly how long it takes for logic to be developed between a 4, and 7 year old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpREJIrpgv8&feature=related If the 4 year old isn't able to explain logic out of this simple exercise then it shows something more complex as "Marriage" of any kind will not be understood. Most MMO's don't allow children to play but dear, you're missing the idea that this is the internet. Anything can bypass their age regulations and there's not much companies can do to monitor every single customer they have out there.

Yes we are exposed to these in the offline world, it shouldn't be bothered, and you could ignore it and move on with your life, but, other cultures may be against it yes I've seen them and still, they are against it. However, you're introducing it to a community which anything and anyone could make it happen which means they have no limit and you're saying, even heterosexuals are able to do this for fun. How about people who aren't okay with it being the general public and it bothers them because it's everywhere in that game? To my assumption, all games, they have their rules and regulations; having a comfort environment and atmosphere for everyone would be their target. If you're looking for something more in depth, then perhaps another game who's purposely made for that particular "target audience". Culture is greatly misinterpreted nowadays and many people are changing it without noticing they are actually hurting the essence of it.

PW have given their reason why not to introduce it, culture standing to be the strongest reason, yet people keep ignoring that reason, and keep implementing on it. If you cannot accept or understand the culture, then move on. You don't have to play PW, go play those "other games" that makes you happy. Why even bother to make 1 out of a million games out there to change to how a few in the society accepts this? Saying society is slowly accepting it doesn't really mean, the culture did.
This discussion has been closed.