Archer: Demon vs Sage

Apolon - Lost City
Apolon - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Archer
I've been looking at a few sites like this one at skills.
http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

There seems to be two modes, Demon or Sage. There seems to be very little mention of this in the forums. So I'm a little clueless. First of all, when do I get a chance to use these modes? Following the traditional archer mantra, "Damage, Dex, Domination" it seems like Demon would be the better pick of the two because it really increases the damage a archer can do. But Sage version also looks tempting. However this is all theory and I'm wondering if anyone who has gotten to this point in the game could explain to me this.
Post edited by Apolon - Lost City on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    pretty sure not implented yet and it starts at lvl 79 or 89 anyway
  • Mrshifty - Sanctuary
    Mrshifty - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    From what I saw it seems it would be best to go Sage, It gives better range, Better damage and Longer Buffs (Less MP use).
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    pretty sure not implented yet and it starts at lvl 79 or 89 anyway

It does work lol, we have about 4 Heaven and 1 Hell archer in my guild
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    At level 89 for your culti you decide which side you want to choose. You should choose wisely because you cant change your option later. To be able to get the add-on bonuses you must obtain a skill book. These drops from bosses in fb89 fb99 and fb109
  • Inglor - Lost City
    Inglor - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So For a Pure arch 4dex 1str what would do higher damage Sage or Demon?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the demonic spark eruption:

Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum HP, add 500% weapon damage and increase attack speed by 25% for 15 seconds. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

When you pop that, someones gonna get blown away. Even more so as a full dex archer.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    quick question, this special spark eruption, is it like the normal 1 second invincible one, where you can't do anything (surrounded by a giant blue aura) for that time?

or can you begin shooting the **** out of them immediately? while you're still invincible?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Heaven: Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum MP, acquire 700% extra physical attack from weapons for 15 seconds, and reduce all damage taken by 25%. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

Hell: Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum HP, add 500% weapon damage and increase attack speed by 25% for 15 seconds. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

And yes you will be invincible/not able to move for 3 seconds
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    both sage and demon have + and -, but for pvp id choose demon, more crit, faster speed, ppl wont know what hit them b:thanks
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Mrshifty - Sanctuary
    Mrshifty - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sage increases basic damage (90% over 60%) and increases range by 4 meters (10 compared to 14) So wouldn't sage be better for TW? (Higher percentage of damage normal and farther attack)
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    sage if u wanna have a higher survivability rate, less money consumption and a longer snipe, demon if u wanna be the god of dmg.
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pabling wrote: »
    sage if u wanna have a higher survivability rate, less money consumption and a longer snipe, demon if u wanna be the god of dmg.
    For archers damage is survivability. Money would not be a problem if I didn't have to spend it on potions because I had to recharge after a few monster hits.
  • Fullattack - Sanctuary
    Fullattack - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    From Ecatomb's site (skill names from PW-MY I believe)

Charged Blast: Holy: Plus 200% damage Dark: Minus .5 charge
    Blazing Arrow: Holy: Plus 20% fire damage Dark: Plus 30% for 20 seconds
    Dartle Shot: Holy: Plus 50% to add 20 Vigor Dark: Plus 50% chance to increase attack rate 30% for six seconds.
    Frost Arrow: Holy: Damage is elemental Dark: 20% chance to increase vigor
    Thunder Bolt: Holy: 25% to increase 20 Vigor Dark: Plus 2 second CD no miss

I could continue on Sages damage increase skills but lets look at some of dark's.

Bane Arrow: Dark: Damage effect minus 3 sec Holy: Lose 100 vigor per damage
    (Technically dark's because it does the damage faster)
    Fanged Arrow: Dark: Absorb 40 health per damage Holy: Time reduce 3 sec (If it actually means Absorb then its dark's, otherwise belongs to Holy)
    Outcold Blast: Dark: Critical hit rate plus 10% Holy: Stun plus 1 sec

Several of the skills are (IMO) better for neither and a few belong to Holy.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    From Ecatomb's site (skill names from PW-MY I believe)

Charged Blast: Holy: Plus 200% damage Dark: Minus .5 charge
    Blazing Arrow: Holy: Plus 20% fire damage Dark: Plus 30% for 20 seconds
    Dartle Shot: Holy: Plus 50% to add 20 Vigor Dark: Plus 50% chance to increase attack rate 30% for six seconds.
    Frost Arrow: Holy: Damage is elemental Dark: 20% chance to increase vigor
    Thunder Bolt: Holy: 25% to increase 20 Vigor Dark: Plus 2 second CD no miss

I could continue on Sages damage increase skills but lets look at some of dark's.

Bane Arrow: Dark: Damage effect minus 3 sec Holy: Lose 100 vigor per damage
    (Technically dark's because it does the damage faster)
    Fanged Arrow: Dark: Absorb 40 health per damage Holy: Time reduce 3 sec (If it actually means Absorb then its dark's, otherwise belongs to Holy)
    Outcold Blast: Dark: Critical hit rate plus 10% Holy: Stun plus 1 sec

Several of the skills are (IMO) better for neither and a few belong to Holy.

you do know that site has all those skills for PWI version in PWI language....
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Generally people say heaven is best for 89-98 but hell is better 99+. This isnt true for everyone but it is a good guideline if you are confused. If you dont expect getting to lvl 99 heaven is most likely going to appeal to you most but it all depends on your style. Dont chose a path based on all skills, look at what you plan to achieve level wise then decide.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sage increases basic damage (90% over 60%) and increases range by 4 meters (10 compared to 14) So wouldn't sage be better for TW? (Higher percentage of damage normal and farther attack)

Acctually hell = 12 meters and 75% damage
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Acctually hell = 12 meters and 75% damage

yeah envy b:dirty

if ppl noticed that when u upgrade from lvl 10 to heaven/hell the stats get even better maybe more people would choose hell
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The only skills in hell that catch my attention are the Serrated arrow, which adds 40 hp absorption 5 times (200hp), which means another 200dmg on the target. The stun, which adds 10% crit for 10 sec, sharptooth, 10% crit for 15 sec, wing span, which auto buffs you lvl 5 wing shell every time and the two passives which both add 1% crit. Out of all of those most would only find themselves using stun in pvp and of course having 2% from passives.

Now my question is, do you get 10% of your current crit rate for 10 sec or do you get additional 10% crit straight up. So would your crit go from 20% to 22% or from 20% to 30% for those 10 seconds. My choice right now depends on that answer, and I am kind of glad that I have 10 levels to hear that answer from someone that's already 89 + hell archer and gets the stun book.
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    The only skills in hell that catch my attention are the Serrated arrow, which adds 40 hp absorption 5 times (200hp), which means another 200dmg on the target. The stun, which adds 10% crit for 10 sec, sharptooth, 10% crit for 15 sec, wing span, which auto buffs you lvl 5 wing shell every time and the two passives which both add 1% crit. Out of all of those most would only find themselves using stun in pvp and of course having 2% from passives.

Now my question is, do you get 10% of your current crit rate for 10 sec or do you get additional 10% crit straight up. So would your crit go from 20% to 22% or from 20% to 30% for those 10 seconds. My choice right now depends on that answer, and I am kind of glad that I have 10 levels to hear that answer from someone that's already 89 + hell archer and gets the stun book.
    You need to be 99 to get the stun and sharptooth skills hell.

92+ for the passive ones, and they're extremely hard to get.
  • Jaystreetz - Heavens Tear
    Jaystreetz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    WOW...i've read every single post here to decide on wat way i wanna go and the majority of u guyz said hell i still got a while before i actually get chance to chose lookin at my lvl...lol but itz prolly going to be hell. and i heard about the heaven and hell pathz from time to time and i didnt kno wat it all meant and thx for fillin me in on it all guyz :)
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    .....Then I might decide to not get heaven/hell until some1 gets the hell stun skill and answers my question. I really don't want to give up on pure water dmg frost arrow, 5 second seal from coligation bolt and 50% chance for 20 chi from quickshot and better dps only for 2% more crit for 10 sec and 2% passive crit and 200hp absorption (if it even is absorption). If it is indeed 10% added crit not 10% of 20% (2%), then that would make a hell archer have 30%+ crit (since we all start with stun in the first place), which is indeed significant. It's like 1/3 chance to 2 shot a clothie before their heiro even ticks.

IMO, Hell is better for PKing some1 in 1v1 case without spark, but heaven is better in mass pvp where lack of crits can be overcome with backup. Heaven is also better for pve, although that's less important at 90+.

Honestly, I am seeing a lot of heavy wizards/wf and light clerics floating around and at 99+ I would definitely like to know that I can have 1 more magic atk to use against those types.
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    .....Then I might decide to not get heaven/hell until some1 gets the hell stun skill and answers my question. I really don't want to give up on pure water dmg frost arrow, 5 second seal from coligation bolt and 50% chance for 20 chi from quickshot and better dps only for 2% more crit for 10 sec and 2% passive crit and 200hp absorption (if it even is absorption). If it is indeed 10% added crit not 10% of 20% (2%), then that would make a hell archer have 30%+ crit (since we all start with stun in the first place), which is indeed significant. It's like 1/3 chance to 2 shot a clothie before their heiro even ticks.

IMO, Hell is better for PKing some1 in 1v1 case without spark, but heaven is better in mass pvp where lack of crits can be overcome with backup. Heaven is also better for pve, although that's less important at 90+.

Honestly, I am seeing a lot of heavy wizards/wf and light clerics floating around and at 99+ I would definitely like to know that I can have 1 more magic atk to use against those types.

Ask your self this - if the 99 stun skill only added 2% for 10 seconds why the **** did most of the archers on oracle go hell? including neo ?

zzzz
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    1. I didn't play on oracle.
    2. Maybe they were all emo and hell appealed to them?
    3. They liked the devil more than the angel? I know I do.
    4. They all assumed it adds 10% straight up. Did anyone actually get to 99 and get the stun skill?

Heaven currently appeals to me a lot more than hell with the exception of stun, serrated arrow, range passive, evasion buff and wing span (which is rarely used in pvp), heaven skills seem much more beneficial.

Out of all of those, I think the only skill that really matters pvp wise is stun, since hell version would be insanely beneficial if it straight up gives +10% crit instead of +10% of current crit (which I would say maxes at around 3%).

I would really like to know how that archer on the crit post got 27% crit though. 6% crit from equips? zah? 2 2% rings and that leaves 40 dex added on stuff...geez.
  • bloooooooooooooooooo
    bloooooooooooooooooo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Alright so I'm not like a super high level or anything.
    But I've definitely had some experiences in other official servers.
    This is only if your rich.
    Here are the pros and cons: (Ps. Holy and hell archer are totally different species).
    Dark:
    Quick hits when using fists (think u can get above 5?)
    Crazy criticals
    Quick and effective attacks with sling after using dartle shot and 20% critical increase through hp debuff skill and stun.
    When using demon spark with fists on- your like the lethalest class EVER.
    By the way as a dark archer its best if u get hitting interval equipment.
    And when using fists with minus 10 interval- but just get enough strength for fists pump rest on dexterity.
    They are mostly normal hit based for damage.
    Holy:
    This is my favorite type.
    As they- believe it or not are more like sage hunters rather then archers.
    They use physical attack and physical skills against squishy mage classes while their EXTREMELY high hitting (if critical) thunder skills upon melle classes and archers themselves.
    A heaven archer that's sparked can completely annihilate a barbarian with like 30k hp just by sparking and using their three thunder skills.
    They are mostly based on their skills for damage.
    I have a hell archer but i personally wish i had a heaven one instead, because of their lethal damage.
    Both types are equally strong in PVP. (in their own ways)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    blaaahhh

one hell of a NECRO dude.. 2 years old topic. how did u even find it o.o
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    one hell of a NECRO dude.. 2 years old topic. how did u even find it o.o

Also looks like he's using MY-EN names.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear
    TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At level 89 for your culti you decide which side you want to choose. You should choose wisely because you cant change your option later. To be able to get the add-on bonuses you must obtain a skill book. These drops from bosses in fb89 fb99 and fb109

You can now Spend $10 dollars for teh change b:bye
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    You can now Spend $10 dollars for teh change b:bye

Yep, pwi should never have given these failures a second chance. b:cute
  • Sakarea - Harshlands
    Sakarea - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Archers have a special build including all range and Dex, Str stats but wat of a better form of elven wings at lvl 30? All lvl 30 wings in new kinda suck guys. Anyone agree with me?b:thanks And speaking for Untamed, Human and Tide as well as Winged Elf who agrees with me on this? And i got an idea for the untamed GM give me a message and ill tell you my idea.
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ok so it starts at lvl 89 with either the choice of demon path or sage path
    you can view it all at
    for sage
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/sage_myriad
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/sage_harmony
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/sage_celestial
    for demon
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/demon_void
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/demon_discord
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/demon_celestial

for archer i would recommend goin for Demon because it is the most appropriate choice : more crits higher dammage